Wild About Animals
New members come, and say Hello
Plant a seed and watch it grow
Old Members why not share your news
We have loads more for you to choose
Guests your welcome to have a look
but why not sign up and then get hooked!
To All its a pleasure to have you with us

Note: New Members are expected to post within one Month of joining, and post on a fairly regular basis.

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

Wild About Animals
New members come, and say Hello
Plant a seed and watch it grow
Old Members why not share your news
We have loads more for you to choose
Guests your welcome to have a look
but why not sign up and then get hooked!
To All its a pleasure to have you with us

Note: New Members are expected to post within one Month of joining, and post on a fairly regular basis.
Wild About Animals
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Welcome to everyday Lets Talk

+8
Chad Cocking
tigerburnie
Doogs
Safari Maiden
Anne-Marie1981
littlewid
whitestarling
Laikipia
12 posters

Page 18 of 40 Previous  1 ... 10 ... 17, 18, 19 ... 29 ... 40  Next

Go down

Welcome to everyday Lets Talk - Page 18 Empty Re: Welcome to everyday Lets Talk

Post  Anne-Marie1981 Tue Aug 30, 2011 4:57 pm

I had a lovely birthday thank you doogs. I got spoilt. Chris is taking me to Rome in January!! I was so surprised Very Happy

I need help with my packing! 15kgs for two weeks is a nightmare ... and it includes hand luggage!! Shocked Shocked affraid affraid I think I may have to layer up!!! hehe!!!
Anne-Marie1981
Anne-Marie1981

Back to top Go down

Post  Laikipia Tue Aug 30, 2011 5:00 pm

Rome Welcome to everyday Lets Talk - Page 18 71418 Welcome to everyday Lets Talk - Page 18 71418 wonderful, fantastic, beautiful place - what a great surprise, you'll love it Anne-Marie.

Get Chris to take less and you can put more in his case - that's my top tip Welcome to everyday Lets Talk - Page 18 853843

Lai
Laikipia
Laikipia

Back to top Go down

Post  Doogs Tue Aug 30, 2011 5:03 pm

You were very lucky, Rome, how fantastic Welcome to everyday Lets Talk - Page 18 71418

Are you flying or driving out to the Mara ? If you're flying with Safarilink you can leave a case at the Airport free of charge, ie you pack a case in the UK with all your stuff and include an empty holdall, before going on safari fill your holdall with what you need and leave the extra stuff in the suitcase at the Airport then collect it when you get back. That is what we are doing.

Failing that, there must somewhere else you can do the above and store your extra clothes that you've taken - to pack 15kgs for a fortnight is almost impossible affraid
Doogs
Doogs

Back to top Go down

Post  Laikipia Tue Aug 30, 2011 6:06 pm

We use Safarilink Doogs - and have never had the bags weighed, which is just as well, mine is more like 18 kgs.

Sounds a + that you can leave stuff Doogs cheers

Lai
Laikipia
Laikipia

Back to top Go down

Post  Anne-Marie1981 Wed Aug 31, 2011 12:55 pm

Flying, Governors Air I think. Plus we are flying straight down to Ukunda from the Mara so can't go and collect anything. Oh drat! I haven't dare weigh my bag yet. I think I may be getting laundry done when I'm at Leopard Beach! We've got soft bags rather than cases so that should take some weight out. On a positive note, at least I have a lot of space to bring things back with me Very Happy
Anne-Marie1981
Anne-Marie1981

Back to top Go down

Post  Laikipia Wed Aug 31, 2011 1:13 pm

I guess Governors will do laundry for you as well, definitely a good idea for soft bags, you can squash them a bit more! If you wear your hat, gloves, hoody and fleece you might get strange looks at the airport Welcome to everyday Lets Talk - Page 18 40683 but it will help with the packing cheers

Lai
Laikipia
Laikipia

Back to top Go down

Post  Anne-Marie1981 Wed Aug 31, 2011 1:25 pm

Oh thats what I was going for, might melt in the process but layering up will help with the weight Welcome to everyday Lets Talk - Page 18 768480 might wear a few dresses as well over my safari clothes!!
Anne-Marie1981
Anne-Marie1981

Back to top Go down

Post  Laikipia Wed Aug 31, 2011 1:31 pm

ROFL fashion icon?

Ali and I were talking about our safari stuff at the weekend, we always go for warmth not fashion, but looking through some old photos we decided we needed to up the ante and not look like the michelin man Laughing

Lai
Laikipia
Laikipia

Back to top Go down

Post  Doogs Wed Aug 31, 2011 7:04 pm

I'm definitely with warmth and not fashion Wink
Doogs
Doogs

Back to top Go down

Post  Anne-Marie1981 Thu Sep 01, 2011 2:48 pm

Warmth all they way! Don't do cold!!
Anne-Marie1981
Anne-Marie1981

Back to top Go down

Post  Laikipia Thu Sep 01, 2011 2:54 pm

At least we're all agreed on that Laughing

Lai
Laikipia
Laikipia

Back to top Go down

Post  Doogs Fri Sep 02, 2011 1:19 pm

Jambo everyone

Well folkies this is my last post for a few week which is both Very Happy 'cause I'm going away but also Crying or Very sad 'cause I'll miss the banter with all you lovely guys.

Hope you all have a great weekend and I will catch up with you all on my return

Kwaheri, Doogs drunken drunken
Doogs
Doogs

Back to top Go down

Post  Laikipia Fri Sep 02, 2011 3:02 pm

Jambo Doogs

Have a wondeful time, I've probably missed replying to this thread but did catch you earlier so enjoy and take care and catch up later. We'll miss you and Anne-Marie heaps.

Lai Group Hug

Kwaheri kwa sasa.
Laikipia
Laikipia

Back to top Go down

Post  Laikipia Sat Sep 10, 2011 5:50 pm

Good afternoon everyone

Hoping you've all had a good week - and the weather has been okay? My mum and I had a great time in Bilbao, a very beautiful city, with a lovely old town with some really quirky looking buildings, a great tram for getting around one part of the city and the new bit has some great shops too. The Guggenheim museum is a really amazing piece of architecture, from outside it looks like a ship, made from titanium it looks wonderful in the sunlight. Not so keen on the exhibits though, I don't get modern art and bits of old scrap metal What a Face

Anyway the weather was lovely. All sunshine and our last day Friday was too hot, so a good time to leave!

We had some major drama re our wedding plans whilst I was there and Pete was in Hong Kong. Having told us we should be in Kenya 4 days before our wedding, it suddenly became 14 days. So our whole itinerary has changed - we have our honeymoon and then our wedding on the Saturday before we fly back on the Monday. We also get to stay at Naboisho (Rekero sister camp) as two of the five nights Rekero is fully booked. So we're now hopping all over the place which should be fun. Just trying to re-organise our visit to DSWT and then all will be well Laughing

Have fun evenings and don't forget it's Strictly tonight Littlewid, or the introduction to the show anyway - I can't wait Welcome to everyday Lets Talk - Page 18 853843

Lai
Laikipia
Laikipia

Back to top Go down

Post  whitestarling Sat Sep 10, 2011 6:37 pm

Glad you, and your Mum had a great time in Bilbao Lai. WOW thats a big jump from 4 Days to 14, that must have taken some re-organising. Thanks for the warning about Strictly Dhaaaaarling, thats me off the TV till something interesting comes on like Match of the Day, and the Rugby World Cup highlights Welcome to everyday Lets Talk - Page 18 40683 Welcome to everyday Lets Talk - Page 18 40683
WS
whitestarling
whitestarling
Admin

https://wildaboutanimals.forumotion.net

Back to top Go down

Post  littlewid Sat Sep 10, 2011 10:51 pm

So pleased you and your mum had a lovely time Lai, i've never been to Bilbao, it sounds lovely though and I hope you got time to relax.

Wow what a nightmare with the days for the wedding, thank heavens you have managed to get things turned around but i'm surprised they are able to change the rules right on this late stage, it's a shame it's got to be the other way round but thats s much better than not being able to get married and lets hope you get your DWST times changed as well.

Oh yes, I remembered Strictly, it's goin gto be AM...AAA...ZING DAR.....LING bounce bounce bounce so great to have it back and what a line up......apart from Nancy, i'm not too sure about her but I love the pairings, I think they have it just right and I cant wait for the live shows and come on WS........Ya know ya love it really Welcome to everyday Lets Talk - Page 18 40683 ......bet Mrs S was watching tonight Welcome to everyday Lets Talk - Page 18 853843

littlewid-x-
littlewid
littlewid
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Laikipia Sun Sep 11, 2011 10:39 am

I Agree about Nancy, Littlewid. I can't make her out, she seems to seriously love herself or maybe I am being unkind What a Face Other than that a good pairing I thought and Craig was looking as FAB-U-LOUS as ever with his razor sharp tongue dahhhhhhhhhhhhhhling - so looking forward to it all.

WS I think you watch it secretly so you know what Littlewid and I are albino albino albino about Welcome to everyday Lets Talk - Page 18 71418 Welcome to everyday Lets Talk - Page 18 Brenda10

Lai
Laikipia
Laikipia

Back to top Go down

Post  littlewid Sun Sep 11, 2011 4:56 pm

I reckon he is a secret watcher Lai.......remember the picture of WS posted in his tights and tutu Welcome to everyday Lets Talk - Page 18 40683 .......I still have it somewhere incase you've forgotten Welcome to everyday Lets Talk - Page 18 768480
Good old Craig....I reckon he is waiting for the sparks to fly between Lulu and Brendon and I bet he guns for Russell but he seems pretty nifty on his feet Welcome to everyday Lets Talk - Page 18 853843

littlewid-x-
littlewid
littlewid
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  whitestarling Sun Sep 11, 2011 5:50 pm

confused scratch I strictly have'nt got a clue wot you lot are on about, and anyway Nancy wanted to wear 6" Stilletoes, which are banned so she's done a deal to wear 4" heel dancing shoes which are 2" more than allowed, so she looks taller. Imagine the uproar if Wayne Roony did that affraid
Errrrr Mrs S told me, and she's voting Nancy off already. Who's Craig is it Bellamy who's joined Liverpool ? if so he really could do with some high heels
WS Welcome to everyday Lets Talk - Page 18 40683
whitestarling
whitestarling
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Laikipia Sun Sep 11, 2011 8:15 pm

Welcome to everyday Lets Talk - Page 18 40683 WS and I Agree with Mrs S. Nancy and her 4" heels have to go Shocked

Hope you've had a good day, I think we were lucky with the weather, a bit windy but nothing to complain about and dry.

Our local RSPB branch had a wildlife day today, with stalls and heaps of information on everything. They had a couple of little hedgehogs, some ferrets, showed how bird ringing is done, you could try fly fishing and archery, buy ice creams and cakes Laughing It was a great opportunity for chiildren to get involved with lots of quizzes and things. Lovely to see lots of really young children having fun, sad to see so few teenagers there - guess they are shopping or on their computers.

Have a good evening Welcome to everyday Lets Talk - Page 18 853843

Lai
Laikipia
Laikipia

Back to top Go down

Post  littlewid Sun Sep 11, 2011 9:17 pm

Mmmmm looks like Nancy isn't going to have too many fans No Oh and WS, you sure it's Mrs S fillin' ya in Wink I stll reckon your a secret fan and all that footie talk ain't foolin' no one Welcome to everyday Lets Talk - Page 18 40683

Sounds like a fun day at your local RSPB branch Lai, I think its lovely when they have days like that. Shame not many teenagers were there though, mind you it was the same at the Wetlands today, lots of families with little children but I didn't see one teenager.

littlewid-x-
littlewid
littlewid
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  whitestarling Sun Sep 11, 2011 9:56 pm

Glad you had a good day out at the RSPB Lai. sounds like there was lots of things to do. Windy here to, and some rain, but not to bad. I'm not really looking forward to tonight, and tomorrow, with the forecast on winds.
WS
whitestarling
whitestarling
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  littlewid Sun Sep 11, 2011 10:01 pm

Hope it doesn't get too rough up there in Wales WS or in Cheshire Lai. It's been blowing like mad here all evening. It's been a very windy day but sunny but I reckon we are all in for a bad night and day tomorrow affraid Hope everyone stays safe.

littlewid-x-
littlewid
littlewid
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  whitestarling Mon Sep 12, 2011 10:15 pm

Well its been a bit breezy here today

One gust at Capel Curic a few miles away was measured at 81 MPH affraid
WS
whitestarling
whitestarling
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  littlewid Tue Sep 13, 2011 6:01 am

WOW That was a tad breezy WS affraid those trees were getting a real battering and I bet you must have been too standing out in that. Yesterday was dreadful wasn't it, not sure of the wind speed here yesterday but it was pretty ferocious, it's a lot calmer this morning and I hope it is in Wales too.
Thanks for the clip WS, not sure I would have been brave enough to stand out in it No No No

littlewid-x-
littlewid
littlewid
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 18 of 40 Previous  1 ... 10 ... 17, 18, 19 ... 29 ... 40  Next