Wild About Animals
New members come, and say Hello
Plant a seed and watch it grow
Old Members why not share your news
We have loads more for you to choose
Guests your welcome to have a look
but why not sign up and then get hooked!
To All its a pleasure to have you with us

Note: New Members are expected to post within one Month of joining, and post on a fairly regular basis.

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

Wild About Animals
New members come, and say Hello
Plant a seed and watch it grow
Old Members why not share your news
We have loads more for you to choose
Guests your welcome to have a look
but why not sign up and then get hooked!
To All its a pleasure to have you with us

Note: New Members are expected to post within one Month of joining, and post on a fairly regular basis.
Wild About Animals
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Welcome to everyday Lets Talk

+8
Chad Cocking
tigerburnie
Doogs
Safari Maiden
Anne-Marie1981
littlewid
whitestarling
Laikipia
12 posters

Page 11 of 40 Previous  1 ... 7 ... 10, 11, 12 ... 25 ... 40  Next

Go down

Welcome to everyday Lets Talk - Page 11 Empty Re: Welcome to everyday Lets Talk

Post  whitestarling Thu Jun 16, 2011 9:49 pm

Have a great weekend Doogs, hope the weathers not to bad, and as LW said take your time and get as much info as you can. Hope everything goes OK for you, I know you've had the problem for a long time.
Glad your nearing the end of whats been a mamoth task LW, you could do with a good rest at the end of it all. As for plans at the weekend. affraid WORKING Mad Mad
WS Welcome to everyday Lets Talk - Page 11 40683
whitestarling
whitestarling
Admin

https://wildaboutanimals.forumotion.net

Back to top Go down

Post  Laikipia Fri Jun 17, 2011 9:47 am

Good morning everyone

So pleased things are moving on Littlewid and 10 viewings sounds brilliant, good luck and hope you can get sorted soon.

Poor you working WS - let's hope the sun is sunny honestly the weather is so mixed at the moment, one minute is lovely the next it is tipping down.

We're relaxing and having fun drunken seems to be a lot of celebrating at the moment. Local village fete on Saturday and then a party in the evening for the church and village - so fingers crossed it stays sunny

Sunday I think I shall stay in bed Sleep

Have a great weekend.

Lai Welcome to everyday Lets Talk - Page 11 853843
Laikipia
Laikipia

Back to top Go down

Post  whitestarling Fri Jun 17, 2011 9:49 pm

The weather forecast for here today was completely wron. hey said it would pour down all Day, with high winds. We had a couple of sprinkels, and a bit of a breeze, although its raining now. But its a shame as when people see a forecast like that it stops then coming for the weekend, and hits the economy of the area really hard.
Hope the wheathers OK, for the weekend your side of the hills Lai, and you have fun in the Village
WS
whitestarling
whitestarling
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  littlewid Mon Jun 20, 2011 8:50 pm

Hi everyone

How you all doing Very Happy

Hope you had a lovely weekend Doogs and had some good results at the racing and the weather didn't upset the going.....that is a horse racing term isn't it scratch

Had a busy weekend in London, spent all day Friday cleaning and sorting and eventually got home about 10.45pm after leaving here at 8am then on Saturday we had 14 back to back viewings and it poured with rain which was a pain. We have a few offers on the house but we are also having more viewings this saturday and hopefully an antique auction firm looking at some of the furniture, so another busy day saturday and fingers crossed some more interested people.

I'm not a Tennis fan but Wimbledon is here isn't it and true to form it has rained all day here.......is this it for the next two weeks affraid ......I hope not. Are there any Tennis fans on here who will be glued to all the matches?

Furries are all ok, Nero has had a hair cut recently and looks really cute. His coat had got soooooooo long he looked a cross between a black sheep and a mini woolly black bear. He is nearly three but he looks like a little puppy with his short coat.

Hope everyone is ok and has a good week.

littlewid-x-
littlewid
littlewid
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Doogs Tue Jun 21, 2011 3:12 pm

Afternoon everyone cheers

Had a great time in London/Royal Ascot, apart from the weather !!! It chucked with rain on the Friday and we had a few very heavy showers on the Saturday Crying or Very sad , didn't spoil our fun though Razz You were spot on with your terminology LW, the rain did affect the going, changing it from good on the Friday to soft on the Saturday Wink Also enjoyed our show on the Thursday (Million Dollar Quartet) and had Afternoon Tea at the Hilton Green Park before leaving on the Sunday, grand time Welcome to everyday Lets Talk - Page 11 853843

You've been a right busy bee with your uncles house LW. Great that you got so many viewings on the Saturday and even more great you've already had offers for the house, looks like you won't have much problem selling it which is fab. Not mad keen on Wimbledon either but will be hoping Andy Murray does well. Nero sounds very cute, you'll have to try and capture a photo of him I love you

It's wet and horrible here today. I heard last week that we're going to get a month of rain, smashing !!! Crying or Very sad Shame they got your forecast wrong at the weekend WS and I agree with you, it does stop people from going places if they think its going to pour with rain. Very annoying when they get it wrong Mad

Sounds like you had a fun weekend just past Lai with Fete's and parties Welcome to everyday Lets Talk - Page 11 71418

Out for tea tonight as it's our Anniversary, 8 years affraid lol! Going for an Italian so hopefully it will be nice cheers

Take care all drunken
Doogs
Doogs

Back to top Go down

Post  whitestarling Tue Jun 21, 2011 6:25 pm

Glad you had a good weekend Doogs, and Welcome to everyday Lets Talk - Page 11 305898 on your anniversary, have a great night.
I like the top matches at wimbledon when you have two really good competitors

It's great you've had lot of interest in your Uncles House LW, hopefully it will all be sorted soon. But a word of WARNING LW, if the antique auction firm come looking round keep moving we do'nt want them carting you off to the Auction Rooms, do we

WS Welcome to everyday Lets Talk - Page 11 40683
whitestarling
whitestarling
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Laikipia Tue Jun 21, 2011 7:31 pm

Happy anniversary Doogs - have a wonderful evening and catch up tomorrow.

Lai Welcome to everyday Lets Talk - Page 11 71418
Laikipia
Laikipia

Back to top Go down

Post  Anne-Marie1981 Wed Jun 22, 2011 10:38 am

Happy Anniversary Doogs. Hope you had a wonderful evening :)

Glad you have lots of viewings planned for the house LW. Fingers it will all be sorted soon.

Got my injections for Kenya tomorrow (well all of them apart from the yellow fever, I'll get that done next month)

Off to see Born to be Wild again on Saturday. Really looking forward to seeing it again :)
Anne-Marie1981
Anne-Marie1981

Back to top Go down

Post  Laikipia Wed Jun 22, 2011 11:20 am

Welcome to everyday Lets Talk - Page 11 768480 for the reminder Anne-Marie, I think I need a top up for something Welcome to everyday Lets Talk - Page 11 45922 must look into that.

Enjoy Born to be Wild again - hopefully this time you'll be ready for the queasiness Welcome to everyday Lets Talk - Page 11 853843

We're hoping to get married at Ngong House so I'm relying on you to check it out Welcome to everyday Lets Talk - Page 11 40683 not long now until you're off. How are the wedding plans?

Lai
Laikipia
Laikipia

Back to top Go down

Post  Anne-Marie1981 Wed Jun 22, 2011 11:41 am

Oh wow!!! I bet that will be amazing!!! I will report back and send piccies. Are you getting married while you are out there this September? :)

I think I'm going to feel like a pin cushion as I need all of them. All the normal ones are out of date. They also advised I had MMR and rabies. Have you had a rabies injection? I thought it wasn't required as I'm not working there? Not going to have MMR as I had mumps and rubella as a child and mum is convinced I had measles so won't bother with that one.

Wedding plans are coming along a treat. 8 weeks on Saturday. Its going to be wonderful. We are so looking forward to going to Kenya! We can't believe how quickly it has all come round Very Happy Elephant behind Elephant behind
Anne-Marie1981
Anne-Marie1981

Back to top Go down

Post  Laikipia Wed Jun 22, 2011 12:04 pm

Yes we are - on 24th September hopefully if we can sort out the required paperwork (lots of red tape in Kenya) we've got to fly out early (4 days before we want to marry) to register everything and meantime email it all over!

Honestly don't bother with MMR or rabies - for sure you won't need rabies unless you are planning on doing a Simon King with a rabid cheetah Laughing Go for the basics only, otherwise you will be pin cushion!

OMG - only 8 weeks to go Welcome to everyday Lets Talk - Page 11 71418 that's so exciting. It's such a shame you, Doogs and I aren't all there at the same time, what a party we could have drunken drunken

Will really look forward to all your pics - you'll see so many eles at Governors with it being by Musiara Marsh so take a HUGE memory card lol!

Lai
Laikipia
Laikipia

Back to top Go down

Post  Anne-Marie1981 Wed Jun 22, 2011 12:19 pm

Going to order a few more memory cards. :) need to take plenty of pictures:D yay hope i get to see lots of Elephant behind Elephant behind Elephant behind I also hope I get to see Shingo with her 6 cubs (assuming they will all still be together then). Although I have no idea where they are in the mara in relation to Musiara Marsh.

Good, I'm glad you said don't bother with Rabies. Certainly not planning on doing a Simon King. And I think if anything else gets me rabies is the last thing I'll be worrying about.

Fingers crossed you will get everything sorted. I'll be back before you go so I will defiantly report back Very Happy it is a shame we aren't all there at the same time. However we will have a good diary of the month between us Very Happy lion cub
Anne-Marie1981
Anne-Marie1981

Back to top Go down

Post  Laikipia Wed Jun 22, 2011 12:41 pm

Best thing re Shingo is to check the blogs before you go - sometimes the guides at the camps use other names for the animals but Jackson, Aatish and Paul Kirui all mention Shingo. Wouldn't it be great to see them? If you're there for a few days you'll cover quite a bit of ground so will hopefully see all our favourite big cats Very Happy

Just found my vaccination record and it seems I only need typhoid this year Laughing better check on Pete's scratch

Just talking about it again, has made me all excited Welcome to everyday Lets Talk - Page 11 71418

Lai
Laikipia
Laikipia

Back to top Go down

Post  whitestarling Wed Jun 22, 2011 2:05 pm

Seek ,and Ye shall find Welcome to everyday Lets Talk - Page 11 40683 Final Days update from Aatish

On our last day we decided to go in hunt for the elusive black rhino. After searching for one for days and days, we finally managed to find one on our last evening game drive. We spent about 45 minutes with it and then decided to call it a day.

Shingo and her six cubs were seen the exact same day we were leaving. What bad luck!

I am hoping to be in the mara very soon, hopefully within the next couple of weeks. Until then Kwaheri!

I'm sure Aatish stays at Governers Camp, but I will ask him where Shingo was seen in relation to Musiara Marsh

http://aatishpatelsafari.blogspot.com/

WS
whitestarling
whitestarling
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Laikipia Wed Jun 22, 2011 3:25 pm

Thanks for the nudge WS -

Lai
Laikipia
Laikipia

Back to top Go down

Post  Anne-Marie1981 Wed Jun 22, 2011 4:43 pm

That would be great if you could find out WS. Thank you :) fingers crossed, although what age do the cubs normally leave their mother? Paul Kirui has just mentioned on FB that Shingo was walking towards a pride of lions Shocked Shocked hope they are ok.

I'm excited too Lai :)
Anne-Marie1981
Anne-Marie1981

Back to top Go down

Post  Doogs Wed Jun 22, 2011 5:13 pm

Just a quick response and I'll be back on later . . . .

Aatish stays at the Camp we go to, the Intrepids not the Governors

Doogs drunken
Doogs
Doogs

Back to top Go down

Post  Laikipia Wed Jun 22, 2011 5:19 pm

Cubs normally stay with their mother until 18 months - 2 years I think Anne-Marie. Now I've forgotten how old they are scratch so maybe we will all see them Very Happy

Lai
Laikipia
Laikipia

Back to top Go down

Post  whitestarling Wed Jun 22, 2011 10:29 pm

Thanks Doogs for putting it right, I was'nt quite sure.
WS
whitestarling
whitestarling
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Doogs Wed Jun 22, 2011 10:33 pm

Your're welcome WS cheers Paul Kirui also works out of the Mara Intrepids / Mara Explorer (sister camps).

Many thanks to you all for the Anniversary wishes, we had a lovely meal last night Welcome to everyday Lets Talk - Page 11 71418

Thanks as well AM for the 'jabs' reminder, must go to the Doctor to see what we need this year. Hopefully it won't be too much. Like Lai I've never had a jab for Rabies and also never been recommended to get one by the Doctor scratch I know Lai doesn't take Malaria tablets but we always have. Would recommend Malarone if you do as 4 of us have used them the 3 times we have been there and none of us have had any side effects/problems. Unfortunatley, they are not cheap at about £2 odd a tablet. You need to take them 2 days before you go, the duration you are there then a week afterwards affraid

You're 8 weeks on Sat AM and we're 10 weeks on Sat (couple of nights in London before heading to Nairobi on the Monday). It's really exciting that it's just around the corner for us all Welcome to everyday Lets Talk - Page 11 853843 Can't believe that in one month we're all there at different times Crying or Very sad would have been so amazing if we all could have met over there Welcome to everyday Lets Talk - Page 11 71418

That's sounds lovely Lai that you are hoping to get married in Ngong House then the perfect honeymoon in the Mara Cheetah All this talk is also getting me excited about going, so, so looking forward to going back Very Happy
Doogs
Doogs

Back to top Go down

Post  whitestarling Wed Jun 22, 2011 10:35 pm

Anne-Marie1981 wrote:That would be great if you could find out WS. Thank you :) fingers crossed, although what age do the cubs normally leave their mother? Paul Kirui has just mentioned on FB that Shingo was walking towards a pride of lions Shocked Shocked hope they are ok.

I'm excited too Lai :)

Aatish has replied on his Blog AM

@WS - Shingo at the moment has moved from the closed areas all the way towards the Olkiombo area. It is usually about a 20-25min drive from musiara. But knowing cheetahs, by september they could have moved to any part of the mara.
Lets hope she is around during the migration period.

WS
whitestarling
whitestarling
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Doogs Wed Jun 22, 2011 10:48 pm

Surely all that food during migration time will encourage Shingo and her troop to stay !!!

Please, please let them stay !! Welcome to everyday Lets Talk - Page 11 431638
Doogs
Doogs

Back to top Go down

Post  Laikipia Thu Jun 23, 2011 8:24 am

Thanks WS - here's hoping they are around when we're all there.

I used to take Malarone Doogs the very first time I went on a riding safari some years back but never even saw a mossie so stopped taking them, we've got some from last year that Pete took for a few days so maybe this year we'll take them as honestly I do realise malaria is not something to be taken lightly. I think the mossies don't like the taste of me and my sundowners drunken Shocked drunken

Lai
Laikipia
Laikipia

Back to top Go down

Post  Safari Maiden Thu Jun 23, 2011 12:29 pm

Quick catch up -

Sorry I missed your anniversary wishes Doogs so belated Happy Anniversary.

What Im up to: Im working with BLES at the moment to try and help build the Star Medical Clinic. As some of you know LW and I founded Assisi Fundraising and through our License have been selling raffle tickets. So I have been printing, stapling, emailing, posting and have paper coming out of my ears.

Im also making bookmarks, keyrings and the eles in santa hats for the Sales Table.

This weekend I have to make a 2 1/2 ft elephant - DONT ASK!

So busy busy busy - but then when am I anything else.

Roll on two weeks when some sort of sanity will return.

SM

Safari Maiden
Safari Maiden

Back to top Go down

Post  Doogs Thu Jun 23, 2011 1:16 pm

No problem SM and thanks for your wishes cheers

My you are a busy bee but fantastic that it's all for a good cause, well done you Cool Remember if you're looking for some sanity in a couple of weeks time you'd better not come on here Welcome to everyday Lets Talk - Page 11 40683

Off on my travels again this weekend, I'm beginning to forget where I stay at the weekend ! Laughing Away with 5 friends down to Glasgow to see Take That I love you so can't wait. We've got champagne for the train, meal before the concert and a bus organised to take us there Cool Back up the road on Saturday so I'm sure it will be an early night that night !!!

More dark clouds today and rain is obviously not far away, couldn't tell you when we last had a rain free day No Summer, what summer :?: pale

Take care all
Doogs drunken
Doogs
Doogs

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 11 of 40 Previous  1 ... 7 ... 10, 11, 12 ... 25 ... 40  Next