Wild About Animals
New members come, and say Hello
Plant a seed and watch it grow
Old Members why not share your news
We have loads more for you to choose
Guests your welcome to have a look
but why not sign up and then get hooked!
To All its a pleasure to have you with us

Note: New Members are expected to post within one Month of joining, and post on a fairly regular basis.

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

Wild About Animals
New members come, and say Hello
Plant a seed and watch it grow
Old Members why not share your news
We have loads more for you to choose
Guests your welcome to have a look
but why not sign up and then get hooked!
To All its a pleasure to have you with us

Note: New Members are expected to post within one Month of joining, and post on a fairly regular basis.
Wild About Animals
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Wildlife Whisperer aka Simon King Cams

+3
whitestarling
Laikipia
princesspurplehippy
7 posters

Page 24 of 26 Previous  1 ... 13 ... 23, 24, 25, 26  Next

Go down

Wildlife Whisperer aka Simon King Cams - Page 24 Empty Re: Wildlife Whisperer aka Simon King Cams

Post  Laikipia Wed May 08, 2013 12:23 pm

Thanks WS. They are amazing, just how quickly they develop is wonderful to see. They still look like fluff balls but very healthy and great to see them.

Lai
Laikipia
Laikipia

Back to top Go down

Wildlife Whisperer aka Simon King Cams - Page 24 Empty Re: Wildlife Whisperer aka Simon King Cams

Post  Doogs Wed May 08, 2013 11:34 pm

Thanks for all the updates WS, so glad the chicks are doing well, they are growing up so quickly Very Happy

Lovely clip of the Fox surveying the scene.
Doogs
Doogs

Back to top Go down

Post  whitestarling Mon May 13, 2013 12:43 pm

The chicks are still doing well, it looks as though all 3 will survive this year the weather is much better for Tom & Charlie to catch food so there's enough to go round.
WS
whitestarling
whitestarling
Admin

https://wildaboutanimals.forumotion.net

Back to top Go down

Post  littlewid Mon May 13, 2013 5:57 pm

Like the badger cull post I am going to take time out to just catch up on that and this thread as I have missed so much and dont just want to have a look at the last couple of posts, I need to read through them properly to get up to speed. So will come back to this one WS.

littlewid-x-
littlewid
littlewid
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  whitestarling Mon May 13, 2013 11:29 pm

No problem LW, you take your time my friend
WS
whitestarling
whitestarling
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  littlewid Mon Jan 06, 2014 9:49 pm

Now I can watch the cams again and take pictures I am going to start watching our city fox cam. As of now there are no foxes in the garden. I need to try and get up to speed as to who is who if and when they do appear.

Wildlife Whisperer aka Simon King Cams - Page 24 City_f10

littlewid-x-
littlewid
littlewid
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Laikipia Tue Jan 07, 2014 9:27 am

Good idea Littlewid. I think SK or Gill tweeted something in the past couple of days about activity in Gill's garden and the possibility of cubs  http://i70.servimg.c 

Lai
Laikipia
Laikipia

Back to top Go down

Post  whitestarling Tue Jan 07, 2014 12:26 pm

Great you can watch the cams again LW. To be honest I have'nt had time to check on these, with being busy with Phoebe, and the Africa Cams, hopefully you'll get some nice Foxy Badger pics now your up to speed
WS
whitestarling
whitestarling
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  littlewid Tue Jan 07, 2014 10:06 pm

Checked the cam this evening and its all quiet tonight. I need to try and get on here about 5pm and also in the morning on the weekend as that is often a good time.

Yes it says about new cubs since we last watched this cam but it is also the breeding time for foxes in January Lai so there could well be some cubs and apparently some of last years cubs have paired up, so fingers crossed we may catch some little ones soon  bounce ......I will keep watching.

WS I have just got the link for the badgers again so I will keep an eye on them too and post anything I capture.

littlewid-x-

Just checked the Badger cam and its not mikes anymore its Simons cam and he puts food out for the badgers and the foxes which is great for them but also for us as we have two possibilities of sightings now. I imagine all the bits that are scattered are the nuts but no sign of either a badger or fox at the moment.
Wildlife Whisperer aka Simon King Cams - Page 24 Noname12
littlewid
littlewid
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Laikipia Wed Jan 08, 2014 9:51 am

Simon's badger cam was almost under water the other day with the bad floods but thankfully the badgers and the cam seem to be okay!

Lai

ps I am not sure if Mike still does a cam, I will check his Twitter page. Oh he has a new page as well as his old page @wildlifeCamper - looks interesting.
Laikipia
Laikipia

Back to top Go down

Post  littlewid Sat Jan 11, 2014 8:16 am

Sorry Lai, I missed your earlier post about Simons cam nearly being underwater  affraid  thanks heavens the Badgers are all ok. I will have to check out Mikes new page and see whats going on  Very Happy 

No Badgers or Foxes this morning on the cam but the birds are having a good old feed today.
Wildlife Whisperer aka Simon King Cams - Page 24 Feedin10

Wildlife Whisperer aka Simon King Cams - Page 24 Feedin11

Its all quiet in Gills garden too apart from the Pigeons having a good old feed at the back of the garden. I will try and look in later to see if any of the Fox family are around.
Wildlife Whisperer aka Simon King Cams - Page 24 Feedin12

littlewid-x-
littlewid
littlewid
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Laikipia Sun Jan 12, 2014 10:03 am

Thanks  for checking the cams Littlewid. Good to see the pheasant hens are okay. I haven't checked his cam in the evenings but I am sure the badgers are still around.

Lai
Laikipia
Laikipia

Back to top Go down

Post  littlewid Sun Jan 12, 2014 5:01 pm

I keep missing the Foxes and the Badgers Lai, I have just checked the Fox cam and its all quiet, I need to try and get them early morning or about 2 - 3pm I think. I will try and check for the Badgers this evening and see if I can capture any.

littlewid-x-

Ps I have just checked Simons Badger cam and its raining at the moment but there are plenty of nuts out so hopefully later the Badgers will appear, sometimes around 9 - 10pm is good for badgers.
littlewid
littlewid
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  littlewid Sun Jan 12, 2014 9:53 pm

As promised I have been checking our Fox cam and also Simons Badger cam but they are both still very quiet and it's still raining on Simons Badger cam.
I am wondering that with our Foxes, if there are little cubs as it is breeding season the cam may be a little quiet as they will be keeping them safe but usually Gill puts out bowls of food for the foxes but I cant see any bowls at the moment which is odd.
I will keep an eye on both cams for you but I am at work in the morning so wont be able to check during the day until I get home.

littlewid-x-
littlewid
littlewid
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  littlewid Sun Jan 12, 2014 9:58 pm

Heres another cam of Simons, it's his River Cam and heres what it says about this cam, looks like another one to try and keep an eye on.

River Cam

This camera keeps watch on a bend of the small river that runs through our garden. We regularly see otters here, as well as kingfisher, heron and dipper. Moorhen and wild Mallard are resident too.

The otters (Lutra lutra) that use our river pass by regularly and, when the small ‘beach’ is exposed, come out to scent mark, or spraint. There is currently a female (bitch) who is often accompanied by her cub or cubs, and a dog otter in the neighbourhood.

Kingfishers nest further upriver and regularly hunt along the slower moving stretches of water.

Dippers too nest here and may perch on the beach briefly before flying off to feed in the faster moving shallows.

Many other birds and animals come here to drink and bathe. Species include crows, jackdaws, pheasant, woodpigeon and, from time to time, sparrowhawk and buzzard. Other mammals include brown rat, woodmouse, badger, fox and roe deer.

http://www.simonkingwildlife.com/page/live-cams/river-cam-969

littlewid-x-
littlewid
littlewid
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Laikipia Mon Jan 13, 2014 11:11 am

Wildlife Whisperer aka Simon King Cams - Page 24 768480  Littlewid. I try and check all his cams from time to time, but confess I haven't in ages. When they are up and running they are wonderful and river cam often has a heron visiting as well as the otters.

Thanks for checking and for the updates.

Lai
Laikipia
Laikipia

Back to top Go down

Post  littlewid Mon Jan 13, 2014 10:14 pm

No problem Lai. I have been checking at odd times this evening but no luck that's wildlife though isn't it  Very Happy  maybe tomorrow will be a better day.

littlewid-x-
littlewid
littlewid
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  littlewid Tue Jan 14, 2014 4:28 pm

Just checked the cams, the fox cam is quiet but it is aimed at the roof of the shed so I would imagine one of our shed sleepers has been u there this afternoon.
Badger cam is quiet too although I missed one of the hens and no return at the moment, I will try this one again later to see if I can see any Badgers.
River cam is also quiet but this is the view, its the first time I have seen it in daylight.
Wildlife Whisperer aka Simon King Cams - Page 24 River210
littlewid-x-
littlewid
littlewid
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Laikipia Wed Jan 15, 2014 11:38 am

Well done for checking Littlewid.

Lai
Laikipia
Laikipia

Back to top Go down

Post  whitestarling Wed Jan 15, 2014 6:19 pm

Thanks LW for the River pic, I have'nt had the chance yet to look at it in daylight. Hopefully you will get some Fox, and Badger shots soon

WS
whitestarling
whitestarling
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  littlewid Thu Jan 16, 2014 9:33 pm

Just checked Simons Badger/Fox cam just as I was going off to bed and OH YES......we have a Fox  Fox 

Wildlife Whisperer aka Simon King Cams - Page 24 Fox_bm10

Wildlife Whisperer aka Simon King Cams - Page 24 Fox1_b10

Wildlife Whisperer aka Simon King Cams - Page 24 Fox2_b10

I was so excited. I was waiting for him to come closer but that was as close as he came but at least at long last we have a lovely fox and he was looking quite healthy too.

Off to bed now......a rather rubbish day for me but that lovey fox will send me to sleep smiling  Very Happy 

littlewid-x-
littlewid
littlewid
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Laikipia Fri Jan 17, 2014 8:52 am

http://i70.servimg.c  Well done Littlewid for catching the fox on cam.

Sorry to hear about your rubbish day  Group Hug 

Lai
Laikipia
Laikipia

Back to top Go down

Post  whitestarling Fri Jan 17, 2014 11:21 pm

Hope your OK LW, we seem to be taking it in turns on having rubbish days at the moment.
 http://i73.servimg.c Wildlife Whisperer aka Simon King Cams - Page 24 768480 You got a Fox, I have had a couple of look ins, but no luck at the moment

WS
whitestarling
whitestarling
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  littlewid Sat Jan 18, 2014 4:22 pm

Just checked all the cams again and nothing on Fox Family or the River cam but have managed to get 2 snaps of our Hen eating on the Fox/Badger cam  Very Happy 

Glad you liked Mr Fox, he was a delight the other evening.

We do seem to be having rubbish days WS....what are we like  Very Happy I am feeling better today though.

Here is Mrs Hen

Wildlife Whisperer aka Simon King Cams - Page 24 23_bmp10

Wildlife Whisperer aka Simon King Cams - Page 24 24_bmp10

I will check the cams again later.

littlewid-x-
littlewid
littlewid
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Laikipia Sun Jan 19, 2014 8:08 am

Wildlife Whisperer aka Simon King Cams - Page 24 768480  Littlewid. I don't know if you follow SK on Twitter but if you do you get alerts as to what is on the cams throughout the day. Not always possible to check at that time but useful to know.

Lai
Laikipia
Laikipia

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 24 of 26 Previous  1 ... 13 ... 23, 24, 25, 26  Next