Wild About Animals
New members come, and say Hello
Plant a seed and watch it grow
Old Members why not share your news
We have loads more for you to choose
Guests your welcome to have a look
but why not sign up and then get hooked!
To All its a pleasure to have you with us

Note: New Members are expected to post within one Month of joining, and post on a fairly regular basis.

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

Wild About Animals
New members come, and say Hello
Plant a seed and watch it grow
Old Members why not share your news
We have loads more for you to choose
Guests your welcome to have a look
but why not sign up and then get hooked!
To All its a pleasure to have you with us

Note: New Members are expected to post within one Month of joining, and post on a fairly regular basis.
Wild About Animals
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Sports Thread

+5
Laikipia
littlewid
Safari Maiden
Anne-Marie1981
whitestarling
9 posters

Page 9 of 18 Previous  1 ... 6 ... 8, 9, 10 ... 13 ... 18  Next

Go down

Sports Thread - Page 9 Empty Re: Sports Thread

Post  whitestarling Wed Aug 01, 2012 6:31 pm

Know the feeling LW, age comes into mind Sports Thread - Page 9 40683 . Dont forget Froome got a Bronze in the road race as well as Wiggins Gold
WS
whitestarling
whitestarling
Admin

https://wildaboutanimals.forumotion.net

Back to top Go down

Post  Laikipia Wed Aug 01, 2012 7:08 pm

Very Happy Brilliant news all round, thanks for the updates, I've not seen anything today. Going to catch the highlights later. Team GB is doing brilliantly.

Lai
Laikipia
Laikipia

Back to top Go down

Post  Laikipia Thu Aug 02, 2012 7:22 am

Sports Thread - Page 9 71418 Sports Thread - Page 9 853843 Sports Thread - Page 9 71418 What a great day we had yesterday, the girls rowing was superb, and Bradley is a real Like a Star @ heaven . Watched the swimming and we did brilliantly with a silver.

Caught the highlights of some cheating in the Badminton - how appalling was that? Honestly I was shocked.

Lai
Laikipia
Laikipia

Back to top Go down

Post  Doogs Thu Aug 02, 2012 2:10 pm

I Agree Lai, it is an absolute disgrace and very deceitful in the way they tried to do it - they didn't fool the crowd though, they knew exactly what they were doing Mad

It's fantastic that over the past few days not only have we picked up more medals but we've picked some that are GOLD in colour Sports Thread - Page 9 853843 The rowers (Helen Glover & Heather Stanning) and Bradley did fantastic to win those Very Happy

Did anyone see the poor British Judo guy Euan Burton getting interviewed after he lost (link below) - felt so, so sorry for him Crying or Very sad Sad

http://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/0/olympics/19064394

From BBC Website just now, live reporting summary :

■ GB men's lightweight four win silver Sports Thread - Page 9 853843
■ Gemma Gibbons in judo semi-finals (1421)
■ Peter Wilson on course for shooting medal :)
■ Florence & Hounslow into slalom final (1518)
■ Pendleton (1600) & Hoy (1615) in action
■ Andy Murray into tennis semi-finals :)
Doogs
Doogs

Back to top Go down

Post  littlewid Thu Aug 02, 2012 5:42 pm

OMG the girls out of the bike racing tonight, not sure why but it's something to do with how fast Pendleton was going over a marker, so the girls are out but Pendleton is racing tomorrow but we were on course for a gold with them tonight.

Boys did fantastic, great team work and we may get gold there as well.

We have done so well today and the days not over yet.

Didn't see any of the Badminton but did hear about it all, definiately not sportsman ship at all.

Watching the Bike racing and swimming tonight and deadly jealous of Lai going to the Olympics tomorrow and Saturday.

littlewid-x-
littlewid
littlewid
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  whitestarling Thu Aug 02, 2012 10:49 pm

Sports Thread - Page 9 768480 More Golds today Chris Hoy got another Gold tonight, what a Man. We also got Golds in shooting, and canooing. GB are now upto 5th in the table, here we go
WS
whitestarling
whitestarling
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  littlewid Thu Aug 02, 2012 10:55 pm

We have done brillintly today haven't we and we also got a Silver in Judo, the first in 12 years. We bombed a bit in the swimming tonight but I think that was to be expected but it was good to see Michleal Phelps win another Gold and he seems a really nice chap too. America is dominating the swimming.......bet Ronnie is pleased with that Very Happy

Saw our boys win Gold in the velodrom, what a race and also a new World record Sports Thread - Page 9 768480

littlewid-x-
littlewid
littlewid
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  littlewid Sat Aug 04, 2012 10:53 pm

Going to bed one very Happy Bunny this evening, 6 Gold Medals for England today but for me the best were this evening,WELL DONE JESS ENNIS, GREG RUTHERFORD & MO FARAH cheers cheers cheers what a night, just absolutely fabulous.
Well done to everyone who won a medal today, Team GB have done us all so proud.

Loved watching the Mens Medly as well this evening, a great way for Michael Phelps to finish his swimming career, Well Done USA.

I'm hoping today was the day that Lai was at the track events because she would have seen all those Gold Medals this evening and what an evening to have been there.......Lucky Lai, what a memory to have and what pictures if she managed to take some in all the excitment Very Happy

littlewid-x-
littlewid
littlewid
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  whitestarling Sat Aug 04, 2012 11:31 pm

There was an omen for success last night
Sports Thread - Page 9 110

ITV News clip for those that missed it
http://www.itn.co.uk/Olympics/52273/moon-shines-through-olympic-rings

WS
whitestarling
whitestarling
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  littlewid Sat Aug 04, 2012 11:36 pm

How amazing is that WS, apart from the Moon being at the bottom of the rings creating a new ring, to then shine through the middle was just spooky but it did turn out to be a very good omen bounce

littlewid-x-
littlewid
littlewid
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  whitestarling Sun Aug 05, 2012 10:40 pm

Sports Thread - Page 9 768480 Sports Thread - Page 9 71418 Sports Thread - Page 9 71418 Sports Thread - Page 9 768480
GOLD for Ainsley & Murry, and so close to another two in the gymnastics & sailing. We are 3rd in the table, 16 Golds. Well done Team GB
WS
whitestarling
whitestarling
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  littlewid Mon Aug 06, 2012 5:51 am

It was a fantastic weekend at the olympics wasn't it WS. I must admit to not being a Tennis fan and I missed Murreys game but I did watch the mixed doubles, it was a shame we missed out on that Gold but they did put up a sterling effort to win the Silver, I did enjoy that game. We also got pipped for the Gold in the mens Pomel Horse but our two lads did really well.
Bolt was brilliant last night, he is such a character as well, I did feel sorry for Asafa Powell though, looks like he ended up with a thigh injury.
Can't wait to see what this week holds for us and also looking forward to hearing about Lai's trip tp the Olympics.

littlewid-x-
littlewid
littlewid
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Laikipia Mon Aug 06, 2012 10:47 am

What an amazing couple of days we had in London. Friday morning at the Olympic stadium watching Jess Ennis highjump, lots of track events and such an amazing atmosphere in there. It was the first day of the athletics so no medals but we so enjoyed watching everything, from Shot put to long jump, highjump, hurdles and steeplechase. We had brilliant seats close to the olympic torch. I've taken a zillion photos but not had a chance to look at them yet - maybe rubbish as I've never tried action/sport shots before!

The olympic park is amazing and beautiful - the flowers are stunning and so many people out having fun - what an experience. I wish I was able to go again it was so fantastic.

Saturday we were at Greenwich Park for the first day of the showjumping - I loved every minute of it, being my all time favourite thing to watch. A few downpours but we hardly noticed.

I'm taking the afternoon off to watch more - so no albino albino albino from me.

Lai

Laikipia
Laikipia

Back to top Go down

Post  littlewid Mon Aug 06, 2012 7:12 pm

I am so pleased you had a fantastic time Lai and to have seats right by the Olympic Torch, well you couldn't ask for better really. I hope for you your photos do come out ok I am sure they will and they will be a fantastic reminder of two wonderful days for you.

A friend of mine was at the swimming on Saturday and she said the noise in the Aquatics centre was deafening, as it's closed in she said her ears were literally hurting with the noise but she said at an occassion like that how could you moan and she said the atmosphere was just so uplifting. They had a good walk round a lot of the park too and she said the flowers that were everywhre were just beautiful, she said it's a really lovely place. They went to the river, on a cable car ride and everything was just so lovely and the TV doesn't really show what the whole place is really like.

I'm really pleased you and Pete had a brilliant time Very Happy

We have done well again, the cycling this evening has been fabulous and tonight we have Dia Green in the hurdles, lets hope he does well. Beth Tweddle got Bronze for us today, I believe she got pipped for the silver but she did well.

Off to a friends tonight for a bit so will miss some of the action Sad

littlewid-x-
littlewid
littlewid
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Doogs Mon Aug 06, 2012 10:40 pm

It's been a few days since I posted on this thread and the medal tally for Team GB has increased significantly. Won't go through them all as we'll be here all night Laughing but just to mention a few highlights for me.

Spent the whole of Saturday morning Sad either when the rowers won a race or when they lost - how Zac Purchase & Mark Hunter thought they let everyone down by winning silver instead of gold scratch I really, really felt for them Group Hug The Athletics 'golden hour' on Saturday night was just phenominal Cool I was seriously shouting at the TV, especially in Mo's race !!!

So pleased for Andy Murray getting a gold and silver yesterday, he deserved that after his defeat at Wimbledon. Would have loved to have seen the Team Jumpers winning this afternoon but I was at work Mad Well done them cheers

Sounds like you had a brilliant time Lai, you really were very lucky to go for a couple of days. Hope you've got some good photos to share with us :) I would have just loved to have been at the Showjumping with you - green with jealousy alien

WOW WS that is some picture of the moon inside the rings Very Happy
Doogs
Doogs

Back to top Go down

Post  whitestarling Mon Aug 06, 2012 11:17 pm

I thought so as well Doogs, it was really wierd when you look at it again, its as though in the first pic with the moon just under the 5 Olympic Rings it looked as though there were acutaly 6, and then when it was in the middle it looked liked Gold, so put the two together, and it seemed to be saying 6 Golds, and thats what Team GB got.
Sounds like you had a fantastic time Lai, it really must hace been brilliant to have been there in the Stadium, and at Greenwich Park, the atmosphere must have been out of this world, even on TV you can feel it. So it must have been incredable to have been there.
Another 2 Golds today cheers cheers The Equestrian team did brilliant to win the jump off
WS
whitestarling
whitestarling
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Laikipia Tue Aug 07, 2012 9:29 am

Another brilliant day yesterday, TeamGB are just so brilliant and doing so well. It's really inspiring and fantastic to watch, although last night I really did have square eyes from so much TV Shocked

A few photos to follow later today, I've decided I need to work a bit today after so much time off Sports Thread - Page 9 71418 Sports Thread - Page 9 853843

Lai
Laikipia
Laikipia

Back to top Go down

Post  littlewid Tue Aug 07, 2012 6:59 pm

Just Sad twice this evening, one for Victoria Pendleton not winning her Gold and then again for Sir Chris Hoy winning his Gold, really going to miss the action from the Velodrome. Our Riders have done so very well, I just felt sorry for Victoria.

Athletics again tonight, so I will be watching all of that, like you Lai I am getting square eyes and a sofa shaped bottom Embarassed but I just can't get enough of it all, I am a real addict and you just can't help but be so proud of all our athletes that have won us so many Gold, Silver & Bronze medals so far. Team GB are just the Best cheers

littlewid-x-
littlewid
littlewid
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Laikipia Tue Aug 07, 2012 7:15 pm

I Agree Littlewid - it is totally amazing how well Team GB are doing, everytime you turn the olympics on another medal has been won. I caught the ceremony for the dressage today and another gold medal and some very beautiful looking horses. Now off for a big catch up and as you say a sofa shaped bottom again Laughing just as well it doesn't go on for months!

Tomorrow I've just got to watch the individual showjumping so working from home Laughing Laughing or that's my story.

Lai
Laikipia
Laikipia

Back to top Go down

Post  whitestarling Tue Aug 07, 2012 9:58 pm

Another really great day for Team GB, its raining medals cheers cheers Sir Chris Hoy is out of this world with his will to win, it was sad for Victoria, but she's still done us proud, and I'm sure she'll feel that way when she lools back. Great result from the dressage team, and also in the triathlon, for the Brownlee brothers, especialy as Jonathan had a 15 sec penalty so to finish with a bronze was a brilliant result.
Good job your new sofa was a big one LW Sports Thread - Page 9 40683
WS

Last edited by whitestarling on Tue Aug 07, 2012 10:48 pm; edited 1 time in total
whitestarling
whitestarling
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  littlewid Tue Aug 07, 2012 10:18 pm

I Agree WS, it gives me room to spread Sports Thread - Page 9 40683 Sports Thread - Page 9 40683 Athletics has another good night tomorrow and I believe it's the mens 200metrs, Mr Bolt again Sports Thread - Page 9 853843

Looking forward to the individual diving at the weekend bounce

littlewid-x-
littlewid
littlewid
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  whitestarling Tue Aug 07, 2012 10:30 pm

Embarassed Sorry LW I thought your bottom all ready had lol! Forgot to mention Hot to Trott in the cycling, how fantastic 2 Gold Medals and she's only 20
WS
whitestarling
whitestarling
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Doogs Tue Aug 07, 2012 11:49 pm

WOW it just gets better and better for team GB Sports Thread - Page 9 853843 What another fantastic day Sports Thread - Page 9 71418 I hope I've counted this right, 4 golds and 4 silver/bronze medals WOW

I wish I didn't have to work . . . . would be watching an awful lot more if I didn't !!! Sports Thread - Page 9 40683
Doogs
Doogs

Back to top Go down

Post  Doogs Tue Aug 07, 2012 11:54 pm

I know the BBC have a good sports website for the Olympics but came across this tonight which is also very good and worth a look:

http://www.london2012.com/
Doogs
Doogs

Back to top Go down

Post  whitestarling Wed Aug 08, 2012 12:05 am

Sports Thread - Page 9 768480 Thanks Doogs just had a quick look, and it has some great stuff onit, saved it to favourites. Just been watching the Beebs highlights programe
WS
whitestarling
whitestarling
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 9 of 18 Previous  1 ... 6 ... 8, 9, 10 ... 13 ... 18  Next