Wild About Animals
New members come, and say Hello
Plant a seed and watch it grow
Old Members why not share your news
We have loads more for you to choose
Guests your welcome to have a look
but why not sign up and then get hooked!
To All its a pleasure to have you with us

Note: New Members are expected to post within one Month of joining, and post on a fairly regular basis.

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

Wild About Animals
New members come, and say Hello
Plant a seed and watch it grow
Old Members why not share your news
We have loads more for you to choose
Guests your welcome to have a look
but why not sign up and then get hooked!
To All its a pleasure to have you with us

Note: New Members are expected to post within one Month of joining, and post on a fairly regular basis.
Wild About Animals
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Welcome to everyday Lets Talk

+6
Anne-Marie1981
Doogs
Laikipia
whitestarling
Safari Maiden
littlewid
10 posters

Page 3 of 40 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4 ... 21 ... 40  Next

Go down

Welcome to everyday Lets Talk - Page 3 Empty Re: Welcome to everyday Lets Talk

Post  Safari Maiden Sun May 23, 2010 11:31 am

Well done LW , the forum is looking good! As you have said before the forum is constantly evolving.
Lunch with the girls yesterday must have been nice. Those chats outside, beautiful food in front of you and good company. Sorry getting carried away, think its because Im hungry! Hope the furries are ok - Hows Bently and Spook get on?

Hi Atticus, hows the Cat family doing? Sounds like you have your hands full, though Im sure you wouldnt have it any other way!Wink If you have any photos I would love to see them. I love photos!

Doogs - I hope you back a winner and have a fabulous time at the races. Was the weather still hot there? I have never been to the races before. Is it as hectic as it looks on TV? Though love horses they are magnificent animals - my favourite being Arabians.
Glad Ali is doing OK even though the heat is getting to all our pets.

Anne-Marie - Did you make it back to Stanwick? Any good photos? How is Millie doing now, is she more settled when you are out locally? Still cant get over the owner of the other dog.
We had a rat once when i live in Northern Ireland. I built its nest in our garage. We had a lot of fields around us with long grasses in and it used to hide in there until we had finished putting cage traps down. Guess what he used to completely ignore them. He did just move on given a little time, but they are quite smart when they want to be!

Lai, the birds in your garden are sooo varied. What does a treecreeper look like, Ive never heard of it? Think you are going to have to be the forum bird expert. You helped be out with naming the hornbill. It must be lovely to sit and watch though.

WS - Hows the ducks? Any recent photos? Hope work is not too tiring, especially in this weather. Do you think this is our summer. It said on the news we are in for a summer of heat waves. Coming from the north, moving to the Midland was bad enough Shocked Shocked Dont work too hard!

Minty - How are things with you? How are all your animals doing? Havent heard from you so I hope you are well.

Im not doing much this weekend. Next weekend we are back in Belfast to see my father, so will try and hop on when I can.

Hope all our other members have all enjoyed the weekend!

SM
Safari Maiden
Safari Maiden

Back to top Go down

Welcome to everyday Lets Talk - Page 3 Empty Treecreeper

Post  Laikipia Sun May 23, 2010 8:03 pm

A bit of info. for today re the Treecreeper

Overview
The treecreeper is small, very active, bird that lives in trees. It has a long, slender, downcurved bill. It is speckly brown above and mainly white below. It breeds in the UK and is resident here. Birds leave their breeding territories in autumn but most range no further than 20 km. Its population is mainly stable.

Where to see them
Best looked for on the trunks of trees in suitable woodland. In autumn and winter, it often joins flocks of tits and other small birds, so if you come across such a flock in a wood, it is worth listening out for a treecreeper among them.

When to see them
All year round.

What they eat
Insects and spiders, and some seeds in winter.

Welcome to everyday Lets Talk - Page 3 Treecreeper

Lai cheers
Laikipia
Laikipia

Back to top Go down

Post  Safari Maiden Sun May 23, 2010 9:05 pm

Thanks for that Lai. I will be looking at tree trunks now to see if I can spot one!

SM
Safari Maiden
Safari Maiden

Back to top Go down

Post  Laikipia Sun May 23, 2010 9:16 pm

Problem is SM - that look like LBJ's (little brown jobs) and blend in with the trees - i just happened to find a good photo on the web to show what they can look like !!!

Lai
Laikipia
Laikipia

Back to top Go down

Post  littlewid Sun May 23, 2010 9:27 pm

Ooooo I want to come and sit in your garden Lai, it's a hive of activity Very Happy Love the pic of the tree creeper, I too will have to start looking out for them, but they do look as if they blend in well with the trunks What a Face

Furries all fine thanks SM, just going to walk the boys in a second, I have been waiting for it to cool down so it's better for Bentley......Saw Splodge today and had a quick cuddle, it was so hot though, I didn't want to cause cat overheat No No No

Hope everyones had a good day, no sunburn I hope What a Face

Have a good rest of the evening

littlewid-x-
littlewid
littlewid
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Laikipia Sun May 23, 2010 9:52 pm

Wow - it's been a hot one. Poor dogs in this heat, honestly it's been boiling. I hope Bentley is okay Littlewid. We gave both Penny and Tamu a wash and shampoo and they loved it, it cooled them down so much until Tamu got the mads running round in circles. They both had new toys today, Penny's was a soft squeaky sheep, within 5 mins. she had finished it off - desqeaked and no feet and bits of fluff everywhere!

Glad you got to see Splodge cat - can't be long now, you must be so excited flower

Hope everyone has enjoyed their weekend's - sunny

Lai
Laikipia
Laikipia

Back to top Go down

Post  littlewid Sun May 23, 2010 10:26 pm

Sounds like Penny had a good time then Lai lol! ......poor sheep affraid

Bentley's fine thanks but didn't dare take him out earlier.....far too hot for dogs today, especially when they have masses of fur like Bentley What a Face still we have just had anice little walk and it's fairly cool now, it was actually a lovely walk.

I bet Penny & Tamu loved their bath, dogs love water and then having a good old shake everywhere.

Yep it was lovely to see Splodge.....10th June is move in day bounce bounce bounce

Wonder if Doogs has had any winners today :?: :?:

littlewid-x-
littlewid
littlewid
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  whitestarling Sun May 23, 2010 11:32 pm

Hi Guys sorry I've been a bit quiet the last couple of days. It's all this working weekends. I'd just got in yesterday afternoon, and I thought right catch up the news when the phone rang. It was the pub, they said they were desperate, and could I give then a hand as they were short of cutomers affraid NO I mean staff ( Honest ). So I did'nt get home till late. The weather's been fantastic with a nice breeze off the sea just to take the edge off the heat. Do you know I've been up, and down the coast for the last two days, and can I find a Beer flavoured ice lolly can I heck. We've had wall to wall holiday makers all the way along the coast all on the beaches, and in the sea. It was really nice to see.
Hope everyones BBQ's went ok. Atticus I had the same problem as you a couple of years ago, and I know how painfull it can be. When we did our BBQ, I had to let Mrs S take over, but brave little soldier that I am, I said your not doing it all I'll fetch my own cans from the fridge. Usualy I do the playing with fire bit, and Mrs S brings the cans, so I thought a bit of role reversal would help. I should have kept my mouth shut, I went back, and forward that many times I was worn out, and to top it all I got cramp in my calf muscles on top of the sciatica. So you just sit there Atticus, and let the better half do the BBQ, and let him fetch your drinks as well, it's more tireing getting the drinks than cooking the food.
Glad Bently's seems a bit better LW, and it's wise to wait for it to cool down a bit, I took Misty for her walk about 10-00pm, it was still lovely, and warm, the horses were cooling down in the field, and came over for a chat they are lovely neigh bours, Donald, and Daisy were having a late evening swim in the pond, unfortunatly her eggs had to be thrown away, she has been incubating them for over a month now, and after 30 days thats it if nothing happens, so it was kinder to get rid of them, and let her get back to her normal life. Donalds really chuffed, now he's got his mate back. The encouraging thing is we were talking to their previous owner, and it's the first time she has tried to incubate the eggs, so next time we are going to make sure she only has five, or six to sit on, and see how she goes then. Fingers crossed.
Right thats me caught up with my news, and apologies, if I've missed replying to any of your posts
WS
whitestarling
whitestarling
Admin

https://wildaboutanimals.forumotion.net

Back to top Go down

Post  whitestarling Sun May 23, 2010 11:39 pm

Sorry LW, and SM meant to say you've done a fantastic job on the layout it looks really great much clearer, and easyier on the eye. Thanks both of you for working so hard.
WS
whitestarling
whitestarling
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Anne-Marie1981 Mon May 24, 2010 11:55 am

Wow, lot to catch up on from the weekend!! Sounds like everyone has had a lovely time out in the sunshine. It has been beautiful here! Spent most of it in the garden clearing out the weeds. We're doing it the hard way as we want to be able to plant in there quite quickly (veggie patch). I can confirm that there has been no more sightings of Roland and we've cleared out the weeds where he was running into and no nest. He's packed his bags, either that or he was coming from the other side of the fence. Millie is finding this weather to hot, and she doesn't like water so can't do much to cool her down. Black and long fur not a good combination, even with her haircut. I wouldn't say she's got over her ordeal just yet, she now completely ignores every dog she sees while we are out, where as before she was always desperately trying to get to them to play (I have to say I'm quite relieved about that, because a lot of dogs don't want to play with her on lead) however if we see an aggressive dog she's gets very agitated and barks and growls.

SM, I did get back up Stanwick Lakes. :) and I have been lucky enough to see the Goslings on each occassion, i have some lovely pictures of them ... but I've left the camera at home. I shall post the pics asap.

We also had a very confident blackbird in the garden yesterday. He was following us round getting all the grubs from where we had dug up the weeds. Once again I'll post some piccies as soon as I can.

Lai, I think i need to come and sit in your garden. I would love to get that many of variety of birds in my garden.

Atticus, I understand how you are feeling with your back. So very painful, sitting, laying or standing hurt me when it was at its worst. Hope it starts to get better very soon.

LW, I bet you can't wait to get little Splodge home :) how long is it now?

WS, poor Daisy and her eggs. I hope she will be more successful next time as it would be lovely to have little ducklings.
Anne-Marie1981
Anne-Marie1981

Back to top Go down

Post  atticus Mon May 24, 2010 6:44 pm

Dear All

Not been at the pc much due to the sciatica! bit uncomfortable but thought I would log on and have a look at whats been happening. All the cats and Kittens here just lolling around due to the heat, bit unatuaral to see the kittens so quite, but at least they are not overheating by playing, the adults lying by the screen door watching the birds catching what breeze there is and machine gunning the seagulls - long story but they are the reason we have now no wildlife visiting the garden, we used to have a lovely hedgehog family and a little family of squirrels in next doors apple tree which has a tree house meant for their boys but the squirrels decided they had squatters rights!. But thanks to the gulls all these have gone elsewhere Sad

WS so good of you I thought to help out at the pub!

And it seems that all the dogs whether being bathed or walked in the cool of the evening have been having a good time, and I do admire people who can garden in this heat! I just thank goodness that all we have to do is sweep the garden no grass or weeding for us, Keith has a magnificent display of bonsai and the red acer tree is looking really splendid at the moment.

I will try and post over the next few days some pics of kittens and cats, and the bonsai, although life here is hectic due to me having to take things at a more sedate pace I hope to have some time to do picture taking although I am no David Bailey!

Have a good evening all of you,

Atticus cat
atticus
atticus

http://www.atticusmainecoons.co.uk

Back to top Go down

Post  Laikipia Mon May 24, 2010 7:26 pm

Hi Atticus

It must be so hard if you can't sit comfortably, can you do something for sciatica or does it cure itself?

Look forward to seeing photos of all your cats and kittens when you have a moment cat and the bonsai, Keith must be very patient, i've just seen something on the Chelsea flower show re bonsai - they look like hard work What a Face but i love red acers - so more photos please.

Have a fun evening.

Lai
Laikipia
Laikipia

Back to top Go down

Post  littlewid Mon May 24, 2010 7:45 pm

Hello Hello Everyone Very Happy

What another hot day.....first time this year i've taken my fleece off at work affraid it's usually freezing in the office but today.....oh boy.....boiling Very Happy

Just walked the boys as they wouldn't wait tonight, now Bentleys lying on the floor grumbling cos he's hot......I did tell him but would they listen to me .....oh no of course not Razz

I bet that was hard going over the weekend Anne-Marie doing the gardening in all the heat but fresh veggies, how lovely......can we all have some bounce and poor Millie, black dogs have it tough in the heat don't they, neros black and he attracts the heat but the silly fellow never knows when to slow down.....a real nutty Spaniel geek

You don't have to be David Bailey to post on here atticus, the beauty of the pics are that you've taken them and taken the trouble to post them for all of us to see, so post away, we would love to see them cheers

I've had a busy old day at work, came home to let the boys out then took my mums cat to the vet for a check up after she had two teeth removed last week, all is well and Twizzle was really chilled out about the whole thing....she's a cutie.

Going to catch up on all thats been happening on here.......Oh and WS....only you could think of scouring the countryside for beer ice lollies Shocked lol! Glad Donald & Daisy are back to normal now and enjoying the pond.

Have a good evening everyone

littlewid-x-
littlewid
littlewid
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  whitestarling Tue May 25, 2010 12:10 am

Hi Atticus
You have my fullest sympathy. I know what your going through. It's strange how sciatica affects people differently. The only comfortable position I could find with mine was sitting down. The worse was lying down, I could'nt lay down for more than 15 Mins. I spent the first 3 weeks sitting at the table on a chair, just falling asleep there. Sometimes it goes as quick as it comes with people, you wake up one morning, and its gone. It just takes time for the muscle to come out of spasm, and I bet the pain killers dont do much either, but it will go, and then you'll feel great, and I hope thats really soon, and you post your pics when your able as LW says we love photos, and we are not profesionals it's the content not the quality
WS
whitestarling
whitestarling
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  littlewid Tue May 25, 2010 4:57 pm

Good Afternoon All Very Happy

Hows everyone doing :?: Hope your all ok and enjoying the sunny still. It's been lovely here today, a little cooler but still very hot but it's just clouding over a bit now and I think they predict rain for this evening What a Face mind you it might cool it down a tad.

This working malarky just stops you having fun during the day, it's just not good enough....going to have to see if we can get up to any mischief this evening Laughing

Oh yeah, meant to say the other day, my sky man came and gave me a brand new sky box bounce so I have TV now cheers

Whats everyone been up to today, apart from working, anyone do anything nice at lunchtime, sitting in their gardens, walking the dogs....having a little kip in the heat lol!

I'm going to be on here this evening flippin' through stuff so hopefully catch some of you on here as well.....else i'll be talking to meself What a Face and that will give ol' WS another reason to call me nutty Laughing

Have a nice evening everyone.

littlewid-x-
littlewid
littlewid
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Laikipia Tue May 25, 2010 5:19 pm

Hello everyone

Another sunny day but not as hot as yesterday, which is great for the dogs. We're going to walk them later down by the stream so they can paddle.

A bit busy at work today so no time to post What a Face but good news next weekend it's a Bank holiday weekend so 3 days off Laughing Very Happy cheers

So pleased to hear your Sky man turned up Littlewid - that's great news now you won't miss out on anything.

I'll check in later - Pete's nursing a hangover from a business dinner etc last night, so he's as much use as a chocolate fireguard no doubt. I think that means a quiet night in for us Laughing

Have a fun evening everyone.

Lai albino albino
Laikipia
Laikipia

Back to top Go down

Post  atticus Tue May 25, 2010 6:05 pm

Evening Everyone

Not a lot of time today to spend browsing on here, as lots to organise for the other part of my life, but I have done all the daily clicks, hope the rest of you have as well.

Have taken photo's of cats and kittens, and bonsai so will post them all later this week all being well so watch this space as they say.

Sciatica seems to have eased a bit just hope I haven't spoken to soon!! well better crack on here, as still lots to do with the cats and kittens, infact they never leave me with nothing to do even if it is just cuddles!!

Have a good evening everyone, looks like we are in for a bit of a storm here but hope not.

Atticus cat
atticus
atticus

http://www.atticusmainecoons.co.uk

Back to top Go down

Post  whitestarling Tue May 25, 2010 6:13 pm

affraid Littlewid How can you stand all that noise talking to yourself. I would'nt say your Nutty. Masochistic maybe
WS lol!
whitestarling
whitestarling
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  littlewid Tue May 25, 2010 7:08 pm

WS, you are cruisin' for a bruisin' Very Happy Very Happy and you don't do too bad in the albino albino albino department yourself these days Razz so beware or i'll get the other albino on to you bounce .....remember, us girlies stick together cheers

littlewid-x- Razz
littlewid
littlewid
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Laikipia Tue May 25, 2010 7:19 pm

Too true WS we albino albino albino will always stick together and always get the last word in - you should know that silent

Lai albino albino albino
Laikipia
Laikipia

Back to top Go down

Post  littlewid Tue May 25, 2010 8:11 pm

Go Girls, Go Welcome to everyday Lets Talk - Page 3 768480

littlewid-x-
littlewid
littlewid
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  littlewid Wed May 26, 2010 7:29 am

OK....who's knicked the sunny :?: .....come on.....own up......who was it Mad

littlewid-x- What a Face
littlewid
littlewid
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Laikipia Wed May 26, 2010 8:32 am

Morning Everyone

I thought you had the sunny in the south. We've just had rain here What a Face - here we are at the end of May thinking summer's arrived ................ no such luck.

The good news this morning is we saw the Kingfisher whilst walking the dogs in the woods - sadly no camera and two dogs so off he/she flew but now i know it's back i'll go without the dogs.

Hope everyone has a good day and the sunny comes back.

Lai Very Happy
Laikipia
Laikipia

Back to top Go down

Post  whitestarling Wed May 26, 2010 11:57 am

He He He I got it sunny That will teach you albino albino albino to pick on me. Be nice, and I might send it back
WS

Last edited by whitestarling on Wed May 26, 2010 12:44 pm; edited 1 time in total
whitestarling
whitestarling
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Laikipia Wed May 26, 2010 12:19 pm

Cool you could send it back over those Welsh hills please WS - lol!

Lai albino
Laikipia
Laikipia

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 3 of 40 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4 ... 21 ... 40  Next