Wild About Animals
New members come, and say Hello
Plant a seed and watch it grow
Old Members why not share your news
We have loads more for you to choose
Guests your welcome to have a look
but why not sign up and then get hooked!
To All its a pleasure to have you with us

Note: New Members are expected to post within one Month of joining, and post on a fairly regular basis.

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

Wild About Animals
New members come, and say Hello
Plant a seed and watch it grow
Old Members why not share your news
We have loads more for you to choose
Guests your welcome to have a look
but why not sign up and then get hooked!
To All its a pleasure to have you with us

Note: New Members are expected to post within one Month of joining, and post on a fairly regular basis.
Wild About Animals
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Snow Leopards

+3
whitestarling
littlewid
Cremecat
7 posters

Page 2 of 12 Previous  1, 2, 3, ... 10, 11, 12  Next

Go down

Snow Leopards - Page 2 Empty Re: Snow Leopards

Post  Cremecat Tue Jan 22, 2013 10:06 pm

Littlewid, Tara is my favorite too!!! Snow Leopards - Page 2 853843 She is so beautiful, and I love her character.

If I win the naming competition, you guys will be the first ones to know! lol!
More than 4000 people have left their suggestions, probably not nearly as good as mine. Rolling Eyes

Sorting the pics is really hard - most of them are pretty good (with such gorgeous models they cannot be anything else Very Happy ). I picked 55 photos to my FB page, but I guess I cannot upload so many here. scratch

Just let me know if you want to see more! At least I have some tiger and lion pictures, but it is midnight again... Sleeping

CC

Cremecat
Cremecat

Back to top Go down

Post  littlewid Tue Jan 22, 2013 10:16 pm

I have just caught up with your other photos Cremecat and then you pop these stunning pictures on, they really are magnificent and Tara is just beautiful but I must say, those three girls are just I love you I love you I love you and aren't they so big and healthy looking, they are just so stricking, they so make your heart melt and I love the Brave, the Brisk and the Shy Group Hug they seem a really close knit family and as you say, Tara is obviously doing a grand job with them.
The pictures really are wonderful and I love the one of the three of them together and the one of Tara and the cub is gorgeous.
I am a little envious that I live far too far away to go and see them, I would watch them all day if I could, so I am just so pleased you can keep us all up to date on them.
Thank you so much for those stunning pictures Hugs

littlewid-x-

Just seen you have posted again Cremecat.

yes of course we would love to see more, 55 is a lot to post on here so your FB link would be good so we can see them but yes please also post your Tiger pics and your Lion ones Very Happy
I have no doubt that te other names will not be as good as yours Wink and I cant wait to hear what they are.
As its Midnight I must let you get to sleep, thanks again for all the pics and cant wait to check out all your pics on FB bounce
littlewid
littlewid
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Cremecat Tue Jan 22, 2013 10:26 pm

Cremecat
Cremecat

Back to top Go down

Post  littlewid Tue Jan 22, 2013 10:34 pm

Thank you Cremecat, for some reason the FB links aren't opening for me tonight, I couldnt get Prin* to open either, it may be my pc but I will try again tomorrow as I am so looking forward to seeing them.

littlewid-x-
littlewid
littlewid
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Laikipia Wed Jan 23, 2013 7:49 am

Thanks for the photos of Tara, Brave, Brisk and Shy, they really are so magnificent and you are brilliant at updating us with photos and information.

4000 suggestions for names WOW that's a lot. Good luck and let us know.

Lai
Laikipia
Laikipia

Back to top Go down

Post  Doogs Wed Jan 23, 2013 1:34 pm

WOW more great shots CC - loved the one with the 3 faces looking straight at you, it's lovely I love you Tara is incredibly beautiful I love you

Wonderful set of photos on FB Snow Leopards - Page 2 71418 Cats, cats and more cats Very Happy

Snow Leopards - Page 2 431638 with the naming competition, got my fingers crossed for you :)
Doogs
Doogs

Back to top Go down

Post  whitestarling Thu Jan 24, 2013 12:12 am

Snow Leopards - Page 2 768480 Great pics again CC thanks. Love the Tiger ones, but my favourite is pic No 8. The Snow Leopard looking through the bush, and fence, just love the look in the eyes. Thats the eyes of a hunter predator, which at the end of the day is what they are.
WS
whitestarling
whitestarling
Admin

https://wildaboutanimals.forumotion.net

Back to top Go down

Post  gregrowlerson Thu Jan 24, 2013 10:38 am

Wonderful pics of the snowy's CC! cheers

And best of luck with having your name suggestion chosen. It will be really exciting if it's yours. We have our fingers crossed for you.
gregrowlerson
gregrowlerson

Back to top Go down

Post  littlewid Thu Jan 24, 2013 9:14 pm

Hi Cremecat

I have just managed to see your photo's on FB, I think it's my explorer that stopped me seeing them, so I did it through Google Chrome in the end.

They are simply stunning photo's, far too many to mention, you take a really fantastic photo and as soon as I think thats my favourite I see another one I adore. The nice thing is that all the cats look so incredibly healthy and un stressed and that must be a credit to the zoo.

I really did enjoy seeing them and I know I will be going back for further looks Group Hug

littlewid-x-
littlewid
littlewid
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Cremecat Tue Jan 29, 2013 4:03 pm

WOW WOW WOW
The babies have names!!! And guess what! Two of the names are the ones that I suggested!
Doesn't that make me almost a winner!? queen

The names are Eloisa (the brave one), Eve (brisk) and Esha (shy). Eve and Esha were on my list, too.

Here is a link to the zoo's webpage; there is also a video worth seeing:
http://www.korkeasaari.fi/nimikilpailu

Snow Leopards - Page 2 71418 Snow Leopards - Page 2 71418 Snow Leopards - Page 2 71418

CC
Cremecat
Cremecat

Back to top Go down

Post  whitestarling Tue Jan 29, 2013 4:40 pm

Snow Leopards - Page 2 768480 That you got two of the names CC. Well done, your certainly a winner in our eyes
LIVELY, EVE AND ESHA
Snow Leopard is the most daring of the puppies was named Eloisa, because it is always the first one all over. Eve-name was derived from Mount Everest, visit and received the name of the puppy is a brave climber. Ujoin puppies is Esha, word is the desire to effect a Nepalese girl's name.

Litter was applied for names that somehow suggest the characteristics of the species or a homeland in the Himalayan mountains and highlands of Central Asia. Zoo puppies born each year is designated in a particular alphabet to begin and last year we were in the alphabet E's case.

Finnish names such as Essi and Elli were the most common name suggestions. Everest mountain-derived variants were offered more than 500 kilpailulomakkeessa. Litter traits descriptive names, such as the First and hesitating, was invented by some. The most popular of these was Eloisa, who had over a hundred supporters. Snow leopard habitat languages ​​studied were found more exotic name ideas. Esha name found in the name list to about 40 times.

This is the English translation for the name competition, to see the photos, and Video click CC's link

WS
whitestarling
whitestarling
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Cremecat Tue Jan 29, 2013 5:56 pm

Yes, Eloisa in Finnish means "lively"! Very Happy

They also said that when the girls grow up they will be transferred to other European zoos, probably to Neunkirchen in Germany and South Lakes Wild Animal Park in the UK ("probably the UKs best wildlife conservation Zoo Park"?). Neither of these do not have any snow leopards at the moment.

CC
Cremecat
Cremecat

Back to top Go down

Post  Laikipia Tue Jan 29, 2013 6:10 pm

Snow Leopards - Page 2 305898 Cremecat - that's brilliant news, well done you.

Lai
Laikipia
Laikipia

Back to top Go down

Post  Cremecat Tue Jan 29, 2013 6:13 pm

Thanks! Razz

I changed also my avatar, can you guess which one of the cubs it is?

CC
Cremecat
Cremecat

Back to top Go down

Post  Laikipia Tue Jan 29, 2013 6:15 pm

Stunning photo Cremecat - Snow Leopards - Page 2 45922 which one it is ............

Lai
Laikipia
Laikipia

Back to top Go down

Post  Cremecat Tue Jan 29, 2013 6:37 pm

It's Eloisa! Snow Leopards - Page 2 853843
Cremecat
Cremecat

Back to top Go down

Post  littlewid Tue Jan 29, 2013 7:58 pm

Cremecat that certainly does make you a winner cheers Snow Leopards - Page 2 71418 cheers , well done and I love the names. That video is brilliant and you can see how plump and healthy they all are and their tails and coats are just so thick and stunning, they really are special cats. I really am chuffed for you in getting two of the names Snow Leopards - Page 2 853843
I am now going to Google the name of the Animal Park in he UK as I don't know it.
Loving your avatar of Eloisa I love you

Thanks for the translation WS on the names and the meanings Snow Leopards - Page 2 768480

littlewid-x-
littlewid
littlewid
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  littlewid Tue Jan 29, 2013 8:21 pm

Heres the link to the South Lakes Animal Park. It's in Cumbria and I have just subscribed to their newsletter.

http://www.wildanimalpark.co.uk/

littlewid-x-
littlewid
littlewid
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Cremecat Tue Jan 29, 2013 10:23 pm

Littlewid, I liked the way Tara was teaching the cubs to stalk and chase on the video! Very Happy

I was wrong when I said that there are no snow leopards at South Lakes. No snowies were listed on their webpages, but I found some pictures from their FB pages and they actually got a male snow leopard in November 2012. He has a manly Very Happy name Wolfgang, and they are expecting a female leopard from Finland next September. Of course our little furballs will be too young to have cubs so soon, but maybe later then... Wolfgang isn't quite grown-up yet either.

Here is some more about this:
http://www.nwemail.co.uk/news/lakes/dalton-zoo-spots-an-opportunity-to-re-home-snow-leopard-1.1018032?referrerPath=a

Isn't this funny and interesting?! bounce

CC
Cremecat
Cremecat

Back to top Go down

Post  littlewid Tue Jan 29, 2013 10:45 pm

That is really strange cremecat but how lovely they will have an older male there and what a handsome male he is too but he is still a little man himself at the moment at 1yr old.

Tara really was showing them the way to go wasn't she, and it didn't take them long to get going. I also loved the ittle bit of the tiny bird having a feast on the meat as well, it was so cute and a very brave little bird Very Happy

Thanks for the link Cremecat and hopefully between us we can keep an eye on the girls and when they move to their new home and hopefully there will be news of Wolfgang in the newsletters too.

littlewid-x-
littlewid
littlewid
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  whitestarling Tue Jan 29, 2013 10:46 pm

Snow Leopards - Page 2 768480 Great work CC & LW on the info about South Lakes Animal Park it will be really interesting to follow Wolfgangs story, and how he gets on when the new female arrives. Its just a bit of a shame that he had to arrive early, as his father was starting to get antsy about him still being around. I hope they can get his enclosure ready soon, as its not ideal for him to be shareing
Love the new Avatar CC
WS
whitestarling
whitestarling
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  gregrowlerson Wed Jan 30, 2013 8:35 am

A big well done for having your suggested names chosen for the cubs!

Snow Leopards - Page 2 71418

And that is a lovely avatar of Eloisa Very Happy
gregrowlerson
gregrowlerson

Back to top Go down

Post  Laikipia Wed Jan 30, 2013 8:36 am

I Agree and thanks for letting us know it is Eloisa - I was still Snow Leopards - Page 2 45922

Lai Very Happy
Laikipia
Laikipia

Back to top Go down

Post  whitestarling Wed Jan 30, 2013 11:16 am

Cape May County Zoo

Big Cats/Snow Leopard Project
This is the 3rd consecutive year that we have had Snow Leopard Cubs
They are starting to come out of the den and explore the outdoors so be sure to stop by and see them while they are still small. Our parents 'Vijay' & 'Himani' have been among the most successful and prolific Snow Leopards in captivity over the last 3 years. We are very proud to contribute the future survival of these animals by successfully participating in their captive breeding program

More news about the project, and Videos on this link
http://www.capemaycountyzoo.org/capemaycountyzoo.org/snow-leopard-habitat-project.html

WS
whitestarling
whitestarling
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Cremecat Wed Jan 30, 2013 6:48 pm

WS: Thank you for the Cape May County Zoo link! The video of the two cubs is adorable!
I watched also the other videos and fell in love with little Nubo. I love you I love you I love you

The last video shows how wonderful animals snow leopards really are; they are more social than other leopards, and some pairs can stay together all the time (like in Tallinn Zoo) and not only when they are mating.

CC
Cremecat
Cremecat

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 2 of 12 Previous  1, 2, 3, ... 10, 11, 12  Next