Wild About Animals
New members come, and say Hello
Plant a seed and watch it grow
Old Members why not share your news
We have loads more for you to choose
Guests your welcome to have a look
but why not sign up and then get hooked!
To All its a pleasure to have you with us

Note: New Members are expected to post within one Month of joining, and post on a fairly regular basis.

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

Wild About Animals
New members come, and say Hello
Plant a seed and watch it grow
Old Members why not share your news
We have loads more for you to choose
Guests your welcome to have a look
but why not sign up and then get hooked!
To All its a pleasure to have you with us

Note: New Members are expected to post within one Month of joining, and post on a fairly regular basis.
Wild About Animals
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Welcome to everyday Lets Talk

+5
Safariman
Doogs
WMTravellers
gregrowlerson
princesspurplehippy
9 posters

Page 11 of 40 Previous  1 ... 7 ... 10, 11, 12 ... 25 ... 40  Next

Go down

Welcome to everyday Lets Talk - Page 11 Empty Re: Welcome to everyday Lets Talk

Post  whitestarling Sun Sep 01, 2013 6:11 pm

affraid Been the same here Lai this side of the hills. Really quite cool this morning with a wind, not used to this, but at least the forcast is for it to warm up again, bit of a shock after yesterday was so nice. Fingers X it turned out ok for your friends visit, it did brighten up bit around tea time here, but its gone overcast again now. Hope everyones else's weathers been decent this week end

WS
whitestarling
whitestarling
Admin

https://wildaboutanimals.forumotion.net

Back to top Go down

Post  littlewid Sun Sep 01, 2013 9:37 pm

Good evening everyone Very Happy 

Apologies for being AWOL for a while, a couple of bad weeks but hopefully moving on now. Loads to catch up with on here so will do my best over the next week but sorry if I happen to miss some posts.

However, with the Badger cull now in progress I have been trying to support that and like Lai I have been trying to support them on FB and following all the groups and signing the petitions, so I may have been quiet on here but I have still been trying to do my bit for our beloved Badgers.

We have been having some nice weather and they reckon this coming week could hit the 30's affraid looks like the fans will be out again!

GR, I see you mentioned the lemon bitters, the ones I found by Koppaberg are alcohol free, so no worries but I must admit the Pear flavoured one is my fav, you have got me hooked on them Very Happy 

I hope everyone is well and I will do my best to catch up on this thread but for now I just wanted to hello and sorry for dropping off for so long.

littlewid-x-
littlewid
littlewid
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Laikipia Mon Sep 02, 2013 8:31 am

Good morning everyone

Big Group Hug  Littlewid, I hope you are feeling okay now and fingers crossed you can take it easy at work and not overdo it.  Don't worry about catching up, I think everyone's under a bit of pressure at the moment.

30 again, oooooooooooooh I hope it is not quite so hot, although yesterday was not the best day and so we only managed to have drinks outside and moved inside to eat, we did manage a game of croquet, very British and lots of cheating but a bit of fun.   Still overcast here today so I'm waiting for the sunny 

Our 6 ducklings have all survived which is great news.  The 2 mothers flew off last week leaving them so they formed a group of 6.  4 tried their maiden flights last night, interesting landings What a Face  and this morning 3 have flown off so only 3 remaining.  We've really enjoyed watching them grow up and hope they'll return from time to time (and perhaps next year to have ducklings of their own) Very Happy 

Oh and we have pheasant chicks, not sure how many but two days ago I noticed at least 6 and yesterday we still had 6 - today I have no idea and sadly we now have a heron who is always in our garden affraid We are really hoping they will survive as they are very I love you cute indeed.

Have a good week everyone.

Lai
Laikipia
Laikipia

Back to top Go down

Post  whitestarling Mon Sep 02, 2013 11:36 am

Dont worry about catching up LW we all understand that it's so difficult when you've been off. As long as your OK that's all that matters.
The weather was the same here yesterday Lai really chilly although it did brighten and warm up a bit around teatime. Good news about the Ducklings and as you say hopefully they will return. Not so good about the Heron though hope you have'nt got any fish in the pond What a Face . The croquet sounded fun never had a go at that, I'll have to pop in when we're passing Macc Welcome to everyday Lets Talk - Page 11 40683 

WS
whitestarling
whitestarling
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Laikipia Mon Sep 02, 2013 1:42 pm

Welcome to everyday Lets Talk - Page 11 768480  WS - you and Mrs S are always welcome, in fact everyone from WAA is always welcome to pop in, we've always got something going on with our extended family of dogs and wildlife Welcome to everyday Lets Talk - Page 11 71418 

Lai
Laikipia
Laikipia

Back to top Go down

Post  whitestarling Wed Sep 04, 2013 10:27 am

Welcome to everyday Lets Talk - Page 11 40683 I'll have to remember to pack me mallet. Well looks from the weather forcast we've got a couple of more days of the extended summer to go, then all change Friday What a Face . Signs of Autumn are around, the Gulls are massing on the beach's round here, and our swallows are lining up on the telephone wires waiting for the go to Africa sign. Hope everyone else is still having decent weather

WS
whitestarling
whitestarling
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Laikipia Wed Sep 04, 2013 2:46 pm

Not too bad just now WS, it starts cool and overcast and then by the evening is sunny - long may it last, the washing is on the line Laughing 

Our House martins are all ready to go too, last nest about to fledge .................

Lai.
Laikipia
Laikipia

Back to top Go down

Post  Doogs Thu Sep 05, 2013 11:41 pm

Going to catch up on here another time as it's now getting late Sleep but just wanted to say I really do feel for you LW with your lupus and back problems, sorry to hear you haven't been great of late No  Sending you a big bosie and hoping you are feeling better than you did.

Doogs Group Hug 
Doogs
Doogs

Back to top Go down

Post  Laikipia Sat Sep 07, 2013 7:23 am

Welcome to everyday Lets Talk - Page 11 71418 Welcome to everyday Lets Talk - Page 11 768480 Welcome to everyday Lets Talk - Page 11 71418  It's that time of the year again ................. Strictly Come Dancing is back Welcome to everyday Lets Talk - Page 11 2224760601 

I can't wait for tonight's show, can you believe this is series 11 http://i70.servimg.c 

http://www.bbc.co.uk/programmes/b006m8dq

A great 20 mins clip (Littlewid and PPH) Red Carpet exclusive

Meet our class of 2013
Duration: 04:28

We went behind-the-scenes of the Strictly trail to find out more about our line-up http://www.bbc.co.uk/programmes/p01g8nsk

Lai Welcome to everyday Lets Talk - Page 11 853843  Welcome to everyday Lets Talk - Page 11 853843  Welcome to everyday Lets Talk - Page 11 853843
Laikipia
Laikipia

Back to top Go down

Post  whitestarling Sat Sep 07, 2013 11:35 pm

Welcome to everyday Lets Talk - Page 11 Cry10Welcome to everyday Lets Talk - Page 11 Sadfac10I'm off Welcome to everyday Lets Talk - Page 11 Smdogw10

WS Rolling Eyes 
whitestarling
whitestarling
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  gregrowlerson Sat Sep 07, 2013 11:39 pm

Let's go out for some http://www.picgifs.c buddy. I leave the dancing strictly to Welcome to everyday Lets Talk - Page 11 853843 Welcome to everyday Lets Talk - Page 11 40683 
gregrowlerson
gregrowlerson

Back to top Go down

Post  Laikipia Sun Sep 08, 2013 8:28 am

Welcome to everyday Lets Talk - Page 11 71418 Welcome to everyday Lets Talk - Page 11 853843  Welcome to everyday Lets Talk - Page 11 71418 Welcome to everyday Lets Talk - Page 11 853843  Welcome to everyday Lets Talk - Page 11 71418 Welcome to everyday Lets Talk - Page 11 853843  Welcome to everyday Lets Talk - Page 11 71418Welcome to everyday Lets Talk - Page 11 853843 

You won't stop me .......................... I just love it.   This year's line-up.  I love some of the contestants, Dave (hairy biker) and Deborah Meaden (Dragons Den) and Mark Benton.

Welcome to everyday Lets Talk - Page 11 R-stri10

Lai Welcome to everyday Lets Talk - Page 11 853843
Laikipia
Laikipia

Back to top Go down

Post  littlewid Tue Sep 10, 2013 12:53 pm

Good afternoon everyone Very Happy 

Nope not sneaking on from work, I am on holiday this week bounce must admit though that today I am trying to catch up on my housework, trying to go through the whole house and wipe the millions of shutter slats, boy shutters look nice but dusting and washing takes forever and Nero is not impressed because I am in the house he thinks we were going to have a day of cuddles, we have had some but not as many as he wants........he wants a constant cuddle Group Hug 
Yesterday we had a real mixed bag of Autumn weather but today we have a nice sunny day which is grand as I have done loads of washing.

YAYYYYYYYYY Strictly is back, Lai I am as delighted as you and the boys are just going to have to put up with the chatter Welcome to everyday Lets Talk - Page 11 40683 I loved the show where they all met their partners and I think its going to bea great season. I know we need to wait until the live shows but for me I think Sophie Ellis Bexter is one to watch and also Natalie Gumhadi (if thats how she spells it) but a few more could surprise us I think. Can't wait for it to start properly Welcome to everyday Lets Talk - Page 11 853843 

Hows Tom enjoying his teaching course? Whats hegoing to be teaching Lai? I was reading back through this thread andthat poor little Greyhound, I hope his leg is improving, I bet you were tempted to adopt him Very Happy 

I'm pleased all the ducklings survived as well and I imagine it was really nice to seethem making their maiden flights, so cute. Fingers crossed all the Pheasant chicks survive with the Heron around!

Doogs was Jason Donovan in Priscilla? I had heard that he was going back into the show but I might have heard wrong:oops: I am feeling better thanks, slowly but surely I will get there but I am much better than I was.

GR, thanksfor the links to the poetry, I am no poet but I do like reading all kinds of poetry so I will make sure I sit down and have a look at those links, so in advance of that, thanks for posting them. Hope the pooches are both fine. I saw some pics on FB of you sunbathing in the garden with them, was that your mums garden? All I can remember of yours is the washing line decorated with christmas decorations Very Happy 

Right I suppose I had better get back to the wonderful housework affraid have a great day everyone and hope the sun is shinning where you are sunny 

littlewid-x-
littlewid
littlewid
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Laikipia Tue Sep 10, 2013 4:39 pm

We were tempted to adopt him Littlewid, but we don't want a puppy and we always try now to take dogs who are 6 + and overlooked due to their age.

Tom is at Uni doing a course for teaching English as a foreign language, so he can travel and teach. The course he is doing for a month is practice with real students (I did laugh at that) before he goes back to Uni in October.

Lai
Laikipia
Laikipia

Back to top Go down

Post  Doogs Fri Sep 13, 2013 3:07 pm

So Strictly has returned to our TV's . . . .  affraid pale lol!   I know there's a few of you like it so hope you enjoy the new series.  Gr, WS and I will just head for a few http://www.picgifs.c when its on Wink 

Well it's Friday and I've enjoyed a couple of days off work albeit I am working in the pub tonight.  I should have been off on Monday & Tuesday of this week but after working all day last Sunday it seemed pointless have those days off, the purpose was to have a long weekend !  I had great intentions of doing a lot about the house but for some reason that hasn't happened Welcome to everyday Lets Talk - Page 11 615959 

Holiday was paid this week so its 7 weeks on Monday to the off.  Not had more than a week off since March so very much looking forward to both the Mara and the break from work.
The Lion King lion cub is coming to Edinburgh from October to January so checked with my mum & sister yesterday and we bagged ourselves tickets in the 5th row for a matinee performance in December so looking forward to that. We'll get the train down, a few drunken and something to eat to make a day of it Cool 

Hope you've enjoyed your week off LW, have you been up to much apart from celebrating your birthday ?  Jason Donovan wasn't in our performance of Priscilla but you were right he is returning to the West End for a second stint of the show.

Hope everyone has a good weekend.
Doogs Group Hug 
Doogs
Doogs

Back to top Go down

Post  whitestarling Fri Sep 13, 2013 10:51 pm

http://i73.servimg.c Doogs I'm with you http://www.picgifs.c Welcome to everyday Lets Talk - Page 11 40683 . Glad you've had a bit of break you need it. WOW only 7 weeks wont be long now till your out there with all the animals we love. Well done Lai for sticking to the older Dogs there always the most difficult to rehome, and usualy the most needy. Have nice weekend Guys, and keep your heads down Sunday the forcasts affraid 

WS
whitestarling
whitestarling
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Laikipia Sat Sep 14, 2013 12:26 pm

Welcome to everyday Lets Talk - Page 11 71418 Welcome to everyday Lets Talk - Page 11 853843 Welcome to everyday Lets Talk - Page 11 71418  7 weeks Doogs, you so deserve this safari Group Hug 

Sorry I've been quiet this week, totally manic and yesterday BB went off again at home, it seems to be when the bad weather starts and heavy rain so I dread to think what will happen this winter!

I loved Lion King Doogs, the music is brilliant and the costumes are totally fantastic, lucky you and a brilliant idea to make a few days of it.

Pete & I are off to Highgrove on Monday (HRHs place) with a group, travelling by coach so dead easy and touring the farm, gardens, farm shop (can't wait for that bit) and a cream tea etc. Sadly no photography allowed or mobiles so I will have to buy a book instead but should be a great and very long day, we leave on the coach at 10am and return at 11pm and then have to drive home.

Have a great weekend everyone and enjoy the sunny  it's lovely here just now.

Lai
Laikipia
Laikipia

Back to top Go down

Post  littlewid Sat Sep 14, 2013 5:35 pm

I can't believe it's only 7 weeks till your safari holiday Doogs, that is going to go by in a flash and you so deserve a really good break, it will be lovely for you, in fact I am excited for you Welcome to everyday Lets Talk - Page 11 853843  the Lion King is spectacular, I saw it in London when it very first came out and I just had such an amazing evening and as Lai says the costumes are fabulous, have a great time when you go.

Lai I too think it's brilliant that you and Pete take the older dogs, the cute little puppies always get snaffled up but the oldies are just as lovely and really deserve a break. Wow I bet the visit to Highgrove will be fantastic although I do admit I am still a little wrangled by Prince Charles being pro the Badger cull but that is not why you are going there, I imagine it will be a fascinating day and like you I would love a trip round the farm shop, I would also love a tour of the gardens, I bet they are magnificent. Cant wait to hear all about it, sounds like a very long day but a very exciting one. Have a brilliant day both of you.

I have had a lovely week off, quite busy but really nice. Looks like the Zoo could be this coming Saturday, Tom has been inundated with work so its been difficult to get away but fingers crossed it will be this Saturday. I dont even care if it rains, we may not see as many animals but it will still be fun but I am hoping for a sunny day and dry, it doesnt have to be hot just a bit of sunshine and dry.

Oh yes WS, the weather is supposed to be dreadful on Sunday, lets hope it's not as bad as they predict, poopr old Nero had a haircut today so he will get chilly if its too bad affraid 

Have agreat evening everyone and at least Doogs and WS have a reprieve from Strictly this week as its not on full time yet........but you can both have a http://www.picgifs.c  if you want.........kind aren't I Welcome to everyday Lets Talk - Page 11 40683 

littlewid-x-
littlewid
littlewid
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Laikipia Sat Sep 14, 2013 7:08 pm

I know Littlewid, it's a hard one and I know a lot of people and farmers who are pro the cull but I have to respect other peoples opinions (occasionally) and I will try not to think about it too much whilst we are there.

I hope you get to the zoo and that the weather is kind to you, it is just so changeable at the moment, it's impossible to plan anything, you just have to be prepared all the time for sunny  and Rain 

I hope Nero stays warm, do you have a coat for him?  We've got to sort out some coats for the greyhounds, Kip can have Penny's as she is the same size and it is a treasured coat and Rosie needs a waterproof one for the coming months.

We've got a couple of weeks to wait for Strictly I think Littlewid?  I know my mum and I are so excited despite a lot of bad comments about the new series (already and it hasn't started).

Have a great evening everyone.

Lai Group Hug
Laikipia
Laikipia

Back to top Go down

Post  Doogs Tue Sep 17, 2013 11:50 pm

Hope you enjoyed your day at Highgrove Lai and you weren't too Sleep after a long day, looking forward to hearing how the day went.

I have seen The Lion King lion cub  previously in London (quite a few years ago) so looking forward to seeing it again.  

We've had a couple of nice days up here followed by a chilly Monday but today was nice again.  I walked into town to get some Dollars from M&S (good rate today so that's me got the money to pay for our Sundowners Very Happy ) and I was sweating by the time I got back to work !

Great to hear you had a good week off work LW and how exciting it could be this Saturday that you get to the zoo Welcome to everyday Lets Talk - Page 11 853843  Fingers crossed it stays nice for you, dry at least Welcome to everyday Lets Talk - Page 11 431638 

Good to hear you are going to be sorting out some coats for your brood Lai.  I hope Kip realises just how special she must be to get Penny's old one, bless her I love you 

GR, WS, looks like it's this week we'll have to start meeting at the pub drunken on the Saturday night Razz 

I had a busy weekend, working in the pub on Friday night then Saturday went down to the stable where my racehorse is to see him for the first time in a while as he was out injured all of last season.  He's looking great so looking forward to seeing him back on track in about a months time.  One of the guys in our club is a very keen and very good photographer (Dennis Penny - http://www.pennypictures.co.uk/ ) and he took some amazing pictures.  Here's a couple of (Outlaw) Tom to show you what a bonny looking lad he is !  . . . .

Welcome to everyday Lets Talk - Page 11 Tom210
Welcome to everyday Lets Talk - Page 11 Tom310

I came home from there then at night along with another friend we went round to a friends house for a curry and a few http://www.picgifs.c   We also watched Bridesmaids on DVD which is rather funny.  After a wild night weather wise during the night Sat/Sun it was lovely during the day so I took Syd out for a walk.

Back to the Bingo tomorrow night for the first time in a few weeks - mum had her sister staying with her from Australia for 3 weeks, she was Welcome to everyday Lets Talk - Page 11 615959 Shocked by the time she went away last Monday !!!  Laughing 

Doogs Race Horse 
Doogs
Doogs

Back to top Go down

Post  Laikipia Wed Sep 18, 2013 9:01 am

Good morning everyone

So it's raining again!

Doogs I am so excited for you, only 6 weeks to go and by the time you get there we'll have had lots of updates from J & A et al so you should know exactly who is who and where they all are Laughing 

I thought you had seen the Lion King before in London, it will be lovely to see it again. Outlaw Tom is looking really handsome and fit in those pics Doogs so fingers crossed for a good season for him. Welcome to everyday Lets Talk - Page 11 431638 with the bingo.

Highgrove was a long long day we got home at 1.00am but the gardens are lovely, although a summer visit would be better and the shop is fabulous. We were about 100 people I think and had tea there and then supper in the Orchard room which was delicious whilst having the AGM. I am going to take my mum next year and do a garden tour as they have quite a lot of open days.

Our BB is on and off again at home, definitely a loose connection somewhere, whenever the weather gets bad and it rains heavily it goes off Head Banger 

Have a good day everyone.

Lai
Laikipia
Laikipia

Back to top Go down

Post  littlewid Wed Sep 18, 2013 10:15 pm

Glad you had a good time at Highgrove Lai, even though it was a long day. I imagined the gardens would be lovely, just a shame no photos were allowed and I imagine a summer visit will be lovely. Did you get to see HRH at all?

Yes Nero does have a coat, he has a couple and he loves wearing them so no problem keeping him warm, hope you get your little brood sorted with their coats before it gets too cold.

Lovely pictures of Tom Doogs, he is so handsome and lets hope he stays injury free this season for you. Ah so you have your Sundowners money, thats good you got a good exchange rate. Its not going to be long now is it, you must all be so excited bounce 

Not getting to the zoo this Saturday, we have postponed it till Oct 5th, Toms brother had brought him and Emma tickets for a comedy night which they didn't know about until they said we were off to the zoo, so makes sense for them not to miss out and ive had a wobbly week so best to also do it when I can walk the whole zoo so really their little surprise tickets were a godsend, so fingers crossed the weather wont be too bad at the beginning of october.

How can they start slating strictly Lai before its begun, I think its going to be a good season. I know there were reports about Brucie being a bit slow but that doesnt mean the actual series will be rubbish, I cant wait for it to start.

The weather has really changed here now, cold, wet and windy and I actually put my heating on on Monday evening, I think itis supposed to warm up again over the weekend though, September is usually nice so fingers crossed it will be a good weekend.

llittlewid-x-
littlewid
littlewid
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Laikipia Thu Sep 19, 2013 8:30 am

Good morning all

Laughing  No we didn't Littlewid.  The gardens are open when they aren't around, so during the week and odd weekends.  I guess it is really their weekend home when duties permit.

I'm planning a spring visit with my mum and we'll try and stay locally in Tetbury and enjoy a tour of the garden and a cream tea (and of course a visit to the wonderful shop).

Sorry to hear about the zoo visit but at least you have another date fixed, don't forget to charge your battery before you go Laughing  Shocked  cheers 

Have a good day everyone, the weather here is now wet and cold so autumn is really here.

Not long for Strictly now Welcome to everyday Lets Talk - Page 11 71418  Welcome to everyday Lets Talk - Page 11 853843  Welcome to everyday Lets Talk - Page 11 71418 

Lai
Laikipia
Laikipia

Back to top Go down

Post  littlewid Thu Sep 19, 2013 9:23 pm

That makes sense Lai as its their home, they would want some peace and privacy. I imagine your mum will love it. Did you buy anything from the shop?

It is a shame about the zoo this weekend but at least we have a date to go and I will definitely make sure the battery is charged, I will not be wanting to miss any shots, oh no.

We have had another wet day today, it really is more like winter than autumn but they say the weekend is going to be nice and thats nearly here bounce  does anyone have any nice plans for the weekend? Im not sure what im up too but I will be out and about and also tidying up all the pots in the garden.
I am planning on buying some miniature and dwarf fruit trees, my aunty has some and they are great for growing in pots andshe sent me the brochure for where she gets heres from, I have been having a good browse, I just have to decide what ones I want but its hard choosing. My sister gave me some money for my birthday so that will buy one tree and it will be a lovely keep sake. I will let you know which ones I get.

Have a good day tomorrow everyone.........Friday Welcome to everyday Lets Talk - Page 11 853843 

littlewid-x-
littlewid
littlewid
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Laikipia Fri Sep 20, 2013 7:09 am

Good morning everyone

Welcome to everyday Lets Talk - Page 11 71418  I surely did Littlewid.  I got seriously carried away, honey, jams, gin (for Pete) shortbread, fudge, tea towels, soap, hat for me and flat cap for Pete (selfie pic perhaps) notepad, book on the gardens .... that's all I can remember just now.  I have given my mum some of it and have given away a few bits and pieces and I have a £10 on-line discount voucher so will be spending that soon!

Sounds like a good weekend planned Littlewid, the weather forecast is supposed to be better so I hope you get some gardening in and find a lovely tree to buy.

My mum and I are off to Portsmouth this morning, a 3 day trip with the Daily Telegraph travel.  We're going to see the Mary Rose now it's restored.

The Mary Rose is a Tudor ship, built in 1510.
In service for 34 years. Sank in 1545. Discovered in 1971.
Raised in 1982. Now in the final stages of conservation,
she takes her place in a stunning and unique museum
We are also visiting other places whilst we are there so it should be fun and fascinating, although a bit exhausting for my mum.  We're staying an extra night on Sunday so she can relax after 2 hectic days and we'll be back Monday afternoon.  Here's hoping the weather stays fine.

Have a great weekend everyone and catch up next week.

Lai
Laikipia
Laikipia

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 11 of 40 Previous  1 ... 7 ... 10, 11, 12 ... 25 ... 40  Next