Wild About Animals
New members come, and say Hello
Plant a seed and watch it grow
Old Members why not share your news
We have loads more for you to choose
Guests your welcome to have a look
but why not sign up and then get hooked!
To All its a pleasure to have you with us

Note: New Members are expected to post within one Month of joining, and post on a fairly regular basis.

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

Wild About Animals
New members come, and say Hello
Plant a seed and watch it grow
Old Members why not share your news
We have loads more for you to choose
Guests your welcome to have a look
but why not sign up and then get hooked!
To All its a pleasure to have you with us

Note: New Members are expected to post within one Month of joining, and post on a fairly regular basis.
Wild About Animals
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Welcome to everyday Lets Talk

+5
Safariman
Doogs
WMTravellers
gregrowlerson
princesspurplehippy
9 posters

Page 25 of 40 Previous  1 ... 14 ... 24, 25, 26 ... 32 ... 40  Next

Go down

Welcome to everyday Lets Talk - Page 25 Empty Re: Welcome to everyday Lets Talk

Post  Doogs Fri Feb 21, 2014 5:14 pm

Well everyone it’s Friday again  cheers 

Although we’ve had some rain this week (nothing new there !) it’s been really lovely and what a difference at night with it not getting dark until later, so nice to come home in the light.

Good grief to all that damage beside you WS, not good  No   That was a real lucky escape at your Doctors Surgery and  lol!  re your comment patient/constipated comment !!!

Lai good to hear about Tamu and Kip.  Great that they got that lump and the tissue around Tamu’s ear and they have been able to save it, that makes a big difference.  Bless her sulking, so would you if you had to wear one of those things !!  Does she have to keep that on until next Saturday when the stitches come out ?

Oh poor Kip having to get her tail docked, bless her  I love you   It must be horrible just now for you both but I’m sure in time you will get used to it and we all know you will love her just the same.    Good to hear she gets her bandages off on Monday.  Big bosies  Group Hug  to them both Lai and also to you and Pete  Hugs , it’s a lot for you to go through as well, especially on the back of your hols.

Fairly quiet weekend for me, I was at mum & dads last night and I’ll be there until Monday to look after Syd as they are away to Jersey for a long weekend.  Going across to their neighbours tonight to get fed and watered  drunken and we’re going to watch Les Miserables on DVD which will be good.  I’ve seen it umpteen times but the neighbours haven’t – Syd comes across as well so he’ll be happy.  Then apart from working tomorrow night it’s a fairly relaxing time to look forward to.

Have a good one everybody
Doogs  http://www.picgifs.c 
Doogs
Doogs

Back to top Go down

Post  whitestarling Fri Feb 21, 2014 9:37 pm

Oh that's such a shame about Kip Lai  Crying or Very sad , but hopefully it will sort her problems out, and with, or without her tail she's still the same Dog you both fell in love with when you rescued her, and both you, and Pete deserve a big  Like a Star @ heaven for caring so much about your animals, and looking after them so well. So a great big  Group Hug to Tamu, and Kip, hopefully when the collers, stitches, and bandages are all sorted they will be fine.
Glad your having a bit of relaxing weekend Doogs even if you are working Sunday at the Pub, not before time, you deserve a break. The weathers not been to bad here this week thankfully. We've had showers, the odd one heavy, and it's still a bit windy, but we've had plenty of sunshine which gives you a lift, and as you say it is getting lighter in an evening now.
Hope everyone has a good weekend, and gets some decent weather.

WS
whitestarling
whitestarling
Admin

https://wildaboutanimals.forumotion.net

Back to top Go down

Post  Laikipia Sat Feb 22, 2014 2:11 pm

Good afternoon everyone  http://i70.servimg.c  it's a sunny day and lovely out there!  Thanks Doogs and WS for your kind messages.  Tamu and Kip are both doing well.  Tamu is not happy about her lampshade and unless I take her food bowl and water bowl to her bed is declining to eat  What a Face  now that for a Ridgeback is extremely unusual!  I am suspecting she is enjoying having me worry and has got wise to her 'room service'.   Sadly Doogs she does have to keep it on, but looking at all those stitches in her ear and how much she is trying to scratch through the collar it is a good thing.   Kip is doing really well and the 2 types of pain killer seem to be working.  Happily the bandages are still just about on, so if we can keep them on until Monday it will be great as then we have an afternoon vet appt for her.

Welcome to everyday Lets Talk - Page 25 853843  Les Mis - I know it's a real tear jerker but we loved it both film and theatre so what a brilliant idea to watch it Doogs, no matter how many times it is really so moving.

Just catching up with thanks you to the various places we stayed at in Kenya via FB and then hoping to sort through some photos.  I've only 650 that I've kept so it shouldn't take long.

Doogs I know you posted you are off in November  Welcome to everyday Lets Talk - Page 25 71418  but in my haste I can't remember where in Naboisho?  Did you say Kicheche?  If so it looks absolutely fabulous  Laughing   Pete and I were in Naboisho a few years ago at a different camp but it is a great conservancy, very unspoiled, less vehicles and plenty of lions and leopards!  

Have a great weekend everyone.

Lai
Laikipia
Laikipia

Back to top Go down

Post  whitestarling Sun Feb 23, 2014 1:18 am

it was a lovely day here too, lots of sunshine, and I nice day to drive round the coast in the Add/Mobile with Mrs S, and by  coincidence when we stopped on the front at Rhos-on- Sea which is very popular with Dog walkers, we saw a couple with two rescue Greyhounds, and one of those had, had her tail docked, and she looked fine Lai, not out of place alongside her companion at all. Fingers X Kips bandages will stay on till you see the Vet on Monday. Poor Tamu it must be upseeting for her, although you know what you girls are like when you feel you deserve a bit of fuss  Welcome to everyday Lets Talk - Page 25 40683 
Hope everyone's having a good weekend, although I'm not looking forward to the weather in the morning, rain and, high winds again  What a Face that's not good for driving the Van, so I'll have to see what it's like.

WS
whitestarling
whitestarling
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Laikipia Sun Feb 23, 2014 8:59 am

Take care out there WS. It was a windy old night here so I am sure much worse over your side of the hills. Thanks for letting me know about the greyhound with the docked tail. It isn't really bothering Kip just now although the bandage came off and our subsequent efforts are not staying on, but she's on 2 types of painkiller so hopefully quite numb! Tamu is still in a major sulk  What a Face 

Have a good day everyone - I'm back to photos and a slideshow  Laughing 

Lai

Laikipia
Laikipia

Back to top Go down

Post  whitestarling Sun Feb 23, 2014 5:37 pm

With the wind we've had I didn't even risk it, much to wind to be safe. Hopefully with Kip having the visit to the Vet tomorrow, her tail op will still be sterile, and the bandages can be replaced, and Tamu will stop her sulk when the coller comes off

WS
whitestarling
whitestarling
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Laikipia Sun Feb 23, 2014 6:18 pm

Good decision WS. Far better to stay safe. I'll report back on Kip tomorrow night ....

Have a good evening everyone.

Lai
Laikipia
Laikipia

Back to top Go down

Post  whitestarling Thu Feb 27, 2014 10:05 am

Lovely  sunny start to the day here in Wales. Got a busy day today, going to pick my friend up from Manchester Airport, he's been at his daughters in OZ for the last 3 months. Hope he doesn't get off the plane in what he was wearing in OZ  affraid lol! .
I will try to catch up on posts later

WS
whitestarling
whitestarling
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Laikipia Thu Feb 27, 2014 2:55 pm

I Agree  WS - he would have a shock  affraid 

Lai
Laikipia
Laikipia

Back to top Go down

Post  Doogs Fri Feb 28, 2014 1:58 pm

It’s Friday

Tamu will be glad when tomorrow comes Lai as she gets that lampshade off   http://i70.servimg.c  Hopefully all her stitches have healed up well and the annoyance / discomfort will all be worth it in the end  Very Happy    Kip still doing fine ?

We didn’t get to see Les Mis last week, for some reason it wouldn’t play in mum & dads neighbours DVD so we watched The Life of Pi instead.  2nd time I’ve seen it, worth a watch.

Yes the camp we are going to in November is Kicheche Valley Camp in Naboisho.  Only there for a couple of nights but really looking forward to it and every more so when you gave the thumbs up for Naboisho – loving it’s good for lions and leopards  Very Happy 

It’s a lovely day up here so good to hear you’ve also been getting lots of sunshine WS, you deserve it after all that rain.    Hope your friend enjoyed his trip to Oz, how wonderful to get away for 3 months  Cool 

Quiet weekend ahead we social wise not work wise !  Working tonight in the pub, footie with dad tomorrow then working all day in the pub on Sunday – yes, I’m thinking of the money !!!

Have a good one all
Doogs   drunken 
Doogs
Doogs

Back to top Go down

Post  Laikipia Fri Feb 28, 2014 3:46 pm

Good afternoon everyone

Sadly Tamu's ear went funny yesterday, it filled with liquid, burst and we had to go to the vet last night to have it drained and cleaned up.  She's fine but I have to treat inside her ear with steroid cream and the vet thinks the collar caused her to get sweaty and it's a sort of eczema.  Sadly that means Monday for the stitches and a new 'collar of shame'.  Kip is great and very happy with her little stump, again we're delaying the stitches until Monday to give a little more time for healing.

That camp looks lovely Doogs and I really hope you see all those wonderful big cats  Very Happy 

Enjoy the footie and don't work too hard.

We're taking my mum to see Anton Du Beke dance (Strictly come Dancing pro) Saturday night in Manchester so that should be fun  Welcome to everyday Lets Talk - Page 25 853843 

Lai
Laikipia
Laikipia

Back to top Go down

Post  whitestarling Fri Feb 28, 2014 10:31 pm

Oh  No Lai that's not good news for Tamu, after having to put up with her collar, I hope the steroid cream clears up the infection, and she will be better soon, good idea to leave Kips stitches kust to make sure, and she seems to be coping with her tail well. Hope you have a great time at the show in Manchester with your Mum.
Doogs your becoming a workaholic, just make sure you don't t do to much, you need your down time as well. At least your Dons are giving you a lift, which is a lot more than can be said about mine.
Hope you all have a good weekend, and the weather is kind to you, but it looks like the rai's back here on Sunday  What a Face 

WS
whitestarling
whitestarling
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  whitestarling Sun Mar 02, 2014 9:26 am

Well what a difference a day makes. Yesterday was lovely and sunny all day, it was really nice to drive around, and see loads of little spring Lambs in the fields. Today as was forecast has started wet, and wind is on the way  Crying or Very sad Crying or Very sad Crying or Very sad Still it looks like it's going to improve from the middle of the week we are getting there hopefully. Hope you had a good night out in Manchester with your Mum Lai, and you enjoy your Safari mode drinks with your friends today, you'll have to pretend it's the rainy season  Welcome to everyday Lets Talk - Page 25 40683 

WS
whitestarling
whitestarling
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Laikipia Sun Mar 02, 2014 10:59 am

Welcome to everyday Lets Talk - Page 25 40683  WS - good one. Sadly it's the same here today, gone is the  sunny  from yesterday, at least it's stopped  Rain  now.

Tamu's ear looks much better today, less inflamed inside, so I guess the steroid cream is working thankfully.

We've got all the ducks back now at our pond, so spring is definitely in the air, I've not seen any lambs yet WS so you must be ahead over those welsh hills  Sheep 

Have a good day everyone.

Lai
Laikipia
Laikipia

Back to top Go down

Post  whitestarling Mon Mar 03, 2014 7:04 pm

Shame you couldn't have waited till today Lai weathers been brilliant over here. Hope Tamu went on OK at the vets and Kip has had her stitches sorted out

WS
whitestarling
whitestarling
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Doogs Mon Mar 03, 2014 9:37 pm

Evening all  Very Happy 

Oh Lai poor Tamu - hopefully she managed to get those stitches out today and is feeling better being 'cone of shame-less' !  Good to hear that Kip is fine and I also hope she got her stitches out today - my you and the vet must be best buddies at the moment  pale  Very Happy   How was your Saturday night with Anton and your mum ?  Did you have a good night ?

Yes WS, my boys are doing good just now, another win on Saturday (they didn't play well though) but 3 points is the main thing.  We've got our Scottish Cup ¼ Final Game this Sat then the Cup Final in Glasgow the following Sunday, very big week for us Dons fans  Welcome to everyday Lets Talk - Page 25 431638 

I think this might be my last post on here for a couple of weeks  affraid but I will try and fit in a catch up on Sunday.  I've got a lunchtime appointment tomorrow then working at night in the pub, Wednesday I go to see Sid at lunchtime then I'm working in the pub at night, Thursday / Friday I'm heading down to Ayrshire for a Cheltenham Preview Night / Ayr Races, Saturday the football, Sunday I'll be packing as we're away down to Birmingham on the Monday for our annual trip to the Cheltenham Festival, can't wait and if that's not enough, get home on Saturday the 15th then as I've previously said, head down to Glasgow the next morning for the Cup Final - phew, it will be back to work on Monday the 17th for a rest !!!  So as you can see I've not got much spare time but I will try and get a few posts down before heading off next week.

LW I know your lupus has been naughty and definitely not nice to you, sending you big big bosies and hoping you feel better soon  Group Hug  I love you 

Take care all
Doogs  Race Horse 
Doogs
Doogs

Back to top Go down

Post  whitestarling Wed Mar 05, 2014 10:34 pm

WOW Doogs looks like you have a couple of exciting weeks ahead of you, and it will do you good to have some R&R for a change after working so hard at work, and in the pub as well. I hope you really enjoy Cheltenham, and have lots of winners, and that Dons are also winners. One plus for you as well is that the weathers looks as though its going to be good for you as well.
Weaher here's been nice for the last few days, although tonight the wind has really got up again, hadn't seen that in the forecast. Hope evryones else weathers been OK, sounds like we can loo forward to a bit of spring. also that Tamu and Kip are getting better Lai

WS
whitestarling
whitestarling
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  littlewid Fri Mar 07, 2014 5:39 pm

Good Evening one and all  Very Happy 

I really need to catch up on this thread big time but maybe not tonight as I want to watch crufts, its on channel 4 at 7.30 till 9 and I am so excited as they have a retriever Display team that I so want to see and there is flyball tonight as well. I will catch up on this thread over the weekend though.

In the mean time, have a fab weekend everyone, its going to be wonderful weather wise so I hear so that will be lovely, enjoy.

littlewid-x-
littlewid
littlewid
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Doogs Tue Mar 18, 2014 1:22 pm

Welcome to everyday Lets Talk - Page 25 Waving10 Helloooooo everyone !!  Well after a wonderful time before and during Cheltenham I came home on Saturday to leave again on Sunday for Glasgow and my team playing in the Cup Final.  It wasn't pretty, it took a long time (including extra time and penalties) but the end result was the main thing and we have a bonny new trophy in our cabinet now  Welcome to everyday Lets Talk - Page 25 71418   There were 43,000 Aberdeen fans at the final, it was an amazing atmosphere and occasion, so happy to have been there - not that you would have thought it had you seen me once we scored our winning penalty, my emotions took over and I was crying on my dads shoulder like a baby, tears of sheer joy though  Very Happy 

So it's back to reality and busy busy at work  Crying or Very sad   Yesterday and today have flown by and I've got a shift in the pub to look forward to tonight (not !) when I could do with having another early night like last night.

Hope everyone is well, humans and pets.  Lots to catch up on here which I will do my best to.

Doogs  drunken 
Doogs
Doogs

Back to top Go down

Post  whitestarling Thu Mar 20, 2014 9:43 pm

Welcome to everyday Lets Talk - Page 25 768480 Welcome back Doogs Glad you had a Fab time at Cheltenham, hopefully lots of winners.  Welcome to everyday Lets Talk - Page 25 305898 To the Dons for winning the Cup, I bet it was a bit nail biting at the end I don't like penalties. Hope your not back to working to hard

WS
whitestarling
whitestarling
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Doogs Fri Mar 21, 2014 1:37 pm

Thanks WS, when you come back to work the a huge workload you often wonder if it was worth being off !!!

I did ok at Cheltenham, lets just say I came home with the money I went away with  Wink so really chuffed with that.

The team are parading the cup in the City Centre on Sunday so looking forward to that - hopefully they will get a good turn out  Welcome to everyday Lets Talk - Page 25 853843 
Doogs
Doogs

Back to top Go down

Post  Laikipia Sat Mar 22, 2014 6:46 pm

Good evening everyone

Welcome to everyday Lets Talk - Page 25 71418 Doog is back, it sounds like you've had a great time and been very busy. I bet Cheltenham was fun and great you came home with the money you went away with.

Tamu and Kip are doing well and Tamu's ear is looking pretty good now. Poor Rosie is a bit lame on two legs, but she's a very active dog so leaps all over the place.

Tomorrow we're off to Chester zoo with the Wirral & Cheshire Badger group doing something, not sure exactly what but examining badger p Censored  comes into it  What a Face  Anyway it should be interesting so let's hope it's not  Lightening   Rain  as we'll be out in the woods for about 4 hours.

Have a great evening/Sunday

Lai
Laikipia
Laikipia

Back to top Go down

Post  Doogs Mon Mar 31, 2014 1:42 pm

Sorry folkies for being MIA for the past week or so, I've been bedded with the flu since last Sunday and barely able to raise a smile never mind anything else and sleep, all I seem to have done is sleept !!  Sleep  Still not 100% right, got a chesty cough that's proving stubborn to shift but I'm getting there slowly but surely.

How was the trip to Chester Zoo Lai ?

Hope everyone had a good weekend and I believe there was a fair bit of  sunny down south at the weekened ????

Doogs
Doogs
Doogs

Back to top Go down

Post  Laikipia Tue Apr 01, 2014 9:11 am

Good morning everyone

Good to have you back Doogs, poor you, you sound like you've had a rough time with flu which is rotten luck. I hope work isn't too demanding and your get some time away from the pub to recover.

The zoo was an experience. They are going to vaccinate their badgers http://i70.servimg.c  so have been putting coloured pellets in peanuts/syrup mixture to see where the badgers go, so they have pink, green, yellow, orange etc and we split into 3 groups and covered 4 different areas. Once you found poo it was examined (wearing gloves and a mask  What a Face ) to see what colour pellets were in it. I examined a poo with no pellets  confused  but between us all we found 3 different colours. Anyway an interesting experience for sure  Laughing 

Have a great day everyone, shame about the weather  What a Face 

Lai

Laikipia
Laikipia

Back to top Go down

Post  Safariman Tue Apr 01, 2014 2:55 pm

Sorry to hear you have been laid low Doogs, was it something you acquired on your travels to the heathen areas of England or Glasgow!!! Hope you will be soon fully recovered and back posting.

SM
Safariman
Safariman

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 25 of 40 Previous  1 ... 14 ... 24, 25, 26 ... 32 ... 40  Next