Wild About Animals
New members come, and say Hello
Plant a seed and watch it grow
Old Members why not share your news
We have loads more for you to choose
Guests your welcome to have a look
but why not sign up and then get hooked!
To All its a pleasure to have you with us

Note: New Members are expected to post within one Month of joining, and post on a fairly regular basis.

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

Wild About Animals
New members come, and say Hello
Plant a seed and watch it grow
Old Members why not share your news
We have loads more for you to choose
Guests your welcome to have a look
but why not sign up and then get hooked!
To All its a pleasure to have you with us

Note: New Members are expected to post within one Month of joining, and post on a fairly regular basis.
Wild About Animals
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Welcome to everyday Lets Talk

+5
Safariman
Doogs
WMTravellers
gregrowlerson
princesspurplehippy
9 posters

Page 32 of 40 Previous  1 ... 17 ... 31, 32, 33 ... 36 ... 40  Next

Go down

Welcome to everyday Lets Talk - Page 32 Empty Re: Welcome to everyday Lets Talk

Post  Laikipia Tue Oct 14, 2014 11:33 am

Good morning all

cheers  WS  welcome back, so pleased you're all sorted and looking forward to your birthdays this week Very Happy

Wow Safariman, 1000 pics and 350 video clips that's amazing.  I guess Tristan should be taking a back seat now, all the stories I keep hearing about him and his riding escapades I think he needs to!  Life must be very different for Piers now he's a Dad but I'm sure he'll be back in the Mara soon.  Kapeen is just my favourite person so please let me know next time you are going and I can send a message to him Very Happy

Doogs when are you off to the Mara?  is it November?  If so I might have to sneak into your luggage, I'm really missing Kenya just now and Pete and I aren't going until mid January which seems ages away!

I hope everyone is okay, the weathers horrible but Autumnwatch is on from 28th October I think just for 4 days.  I'll post separately on that.

Doogs could you please do me a huge favour, since getting my new laptop I don't have 'favourites' yet, so don't have the links for the 3 daily clicks, I have the animal one but not rainforest, bigs cats and gorillas, next time you click would you be able to add the link again? Very Happy Thanks

Lai
Laikipia
Laikipia

Back to top Go down

Post  Doogs Tue Oct 14, 2014 1:20 pm

Hi Lai, we are away 3 weeks tomorrow Welcome to everyday Lets Talk - Page 32 71418  

Can't believe it's finally nearly here, so so excited Very Happy   You are always welcome to come in my luggage Group Hug  Oh by the time Christmas and NY is over and done with your trip will be on you before you know it  Cool

This is the link that I use and do them all one after each other :- http://www.care2.com/click-to-donate/  hopefully that will help.

Typical autumn day up here today but at least it is dry.

Doogs drunken
Doogs
Doogs

Back to top Go down

Post  Safariman Tue Oct 14, 2014 3:51 pm

Doogs from what I remember for part of your trip you said you would be staying at Kicheche Naboisha Camp. A very good Masai friend of mine who used to guide me when I stayed at Offbeat Meru has recently started guiding there having decided he needed r=to be closer to the Mara.His name is Roon Soit, known as Bernard and if you come across him could you tell him "Richard says hi and hopes he is enjoying life". He is a lovely guy and we are friends on Facebook.
Three weeks is not long, remember to take spare batteries for your camera you don't want to run out and miss that great shot!!!

SM
Safariman
Safariman

Back to top Go down

Post  Laikipia Wed Oct 15, 2014 8:36 am

Welcome to everyday Lets Talk - Page 32 71418 Welcome to everyday Lets Talk - Page 32 768480 Welcome to everyday Lets Talk - Page 32 71418 Only 3 weeks to go Doogs, I am so excited for you and know you'll have the best time ever. We've stayed in Naboisho conservancy and loved it, they've plenty of lions and less tourists! Are you staying in Nairobi before or after again? and are you staying in the Mara as well? Don't forget the 'Dawa Doogs' sundowners drunken

Thanks for the link, i've added it to my favourites again so I can start clicking cheers

Have a good day everyone, dry and cool but no Rain Raining just yet Very Happy

Lai

Laikipia
Laikipia

Back to top Go down

Post  Doogs Wed Oct 15, 2014 1:12 pm

That's right SM we have a few nights at Kicheche Valley Camp in Naboisho before heading to our usual haunt.  There is a bit about your friend on their website :-

Bernard Soit, Kicheche Valley

Another top graduate from the guiding school (which Kicheche sponsors) Bernard is home grown from Ole Sere and revels in the continual success of the Mara Naboisho conservancy, his own back yard. Regularly provides ‘Spots’ of the week and is a fantastic birder.

He has worked in Mt Kenya region and also in Kaijado District, before wanting to ‘come home’ to Naboisho.

What guests say ‘I have done many safaris in Africa but this man is responsible for my best ever, I look forward to seeing if he can better it.’

Bernard’s best wildlife moment to date ‘So many to choose from, but the best for me so far was spotting a very rare sighting – a side striped jackal!

I have asked our Tour Operators if they can find out what guide we are getting before we leave so you never know we might get Bernard and I will certainly pass on your good wishes.  Thanks for the reminder Wink  Ultimate sin on a safari running our of battery power !!!

Really really can't wait Lai and it will be here before we know it.  It's just a safari trip this time, no overnighters in Nairobi and hopefully we'll get those sundowners at the Intrepids this time if the weather is kind to us sunny

You're welcome for the link Hugs
Doogs
Doogs

Back to top Go down

Post  Laikipia Wed Oct 15, 2014 3:25 pm

Very Happy Doogs, good idea to just get into the safari and have more time enjoying the wildlife and the Mara and Naboisho. I hope you get Bernard as a guide, he sounds really brilliant, and Welcome to everyday Lets Talk - Page 32 431638 for the weather and the sundowners drunken

Lai
Laikipia
Laikipia

Back to top Go down

Post  Laikipia Mon Oct 20, 2014 3:22 pm

Good afternoon everyone

I hope you all had lovely weekends and some sunshine.

We went to London for a couple of days and went to the RGS with a group of friends to see Chris Packham talk about Africat and his passion for photography and wildlife. He's a great speaker and his photography is amazing. He's so OCD with it! Africat is a great foundation based in Namibia, not that we visited it as we went to CCF but they support all big cats, wild dogs and do lots of research, rehabilitation and things. I think Pete and I may have to visit Laughing

http://www.africat.org/

On Saturday we went to the British Museum to see the exhibition called Ancient Lives, new discoveries. It is 8 Mummies who have been in a CT scan, and tells the story of their lives. Completely fascinating. I just love the British Museum there is always so much to see Very Happy

So Strictly is now in full swing and my mum and I are loving it Welcome to everyday Lets Talk - Page 32 71418

Have a great rest of the day.

Lai

Laikipia
Laikipia

Back to top Go down

Post  whitestarling Tue Oct 21, 2014 12:26 pm

Sounds like you had a great weekend Lai. Chris seems to be spreading his wings somewhat I have seen bits about Africat, but I will check that link out thanks. I'm still having some internet issues, my download speed is only 1.6 mb really slow at times, but not as bas as some people it was on BBC this morning that a village not far from us has onll 0.6 mb download speed thats next to useless. Also the hard drive went unstable last week, and I had to have a new one installed, plus they could'nt clone the old one so I lost all my programes What a Face I am slowly rebuilding it, problem is as I bought it second hand I dont have any recovery discs, and one of them was Microsoft Office, it would cost around £90 foe a new copy, and I only use it for one foem monthly for work. So I thought no way it cost £102 for the new harddrive and reinstall, I had asearch of the web, and found a programe called Open Office Org, it works the same as Office, it will open Office Docs, and also send them to Office, Cost Free cheers
Anyway enough of my probs, hope everyone is staying safe in these winds really blasting here, but so far no major probs

WS
whitestarling
whitestarling
Admin

https://wildaboutanimals.forumotion.net

Back to top Go down

Post  Doogs Tue Oct 21, 2014 1:56 pm

Oooh that sounds like a really good weekend Lai, that talk from CP must have been really good. He just oozes enthusiasm for wildlife which is just wonderful. So glad he is a big supporter of Africat, one that definitely means a lot to us Big Cat fans. A visit is a must for you and Pete Wink

Never been to the British Museum but it sounds like it would be worth a visit cheers

Oh WS that sounds a nightmare affraid Hope your rebuilding is successful and well done on finding a much cheaper alternative to Word.

It was a wet and windy night here last night but lovely today, hope everyone is safe 'down south'.

Doogs drunken
Doogs
Doogs

Back to top Go down

Post  Laikipia Tue Oct 21, 2014 2:28 pm

affraid  WS poor you, you're having a rough time with all your IT.  Our BB speed is chronic, but not sure of the actual speed.  I hope you're all sorted now.

It's wet and very windy here so I hope everyone is okay and not being blown away.

I Agree Doogs.  CP being another big cat fan is a big + as the more celebs that show a passion and interest the better for their wellbeing and conservation.

Lai
Laikipia
Laikipia

Back to top Go down

Post  whitestarling Thu Oct 30, 2014 1:33 pm

Dont know whats happened to the clock time on here its 13 hrs behind, it seems to have gone doolally, it's showing way out on mine is it on anyone elses

WS
whitestarling
whitestarling
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Doogs Thu Oct 30, 2014 1:45 pm

Yep same here for me WS scratch scratch scratch scratch
Doogs
Doogs

Back to top Go down

Post  whitestarling Thu Oct 30, 2014 5:50 pm

Hmmmm I'm doing a Doogs this week lol! . As it's half term, and my last week working this year, I'm working extra days so I will have to have a look at it next week.

WS
whitestarling
whitestarling
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Laikipia Fri Oct 31, 2014 9:28 am

Welcome to everyday Lets Talk - Page 32 615959 scratch Oh yes, so it is, well spotted everyone.

Lai
Laikipia
Laikipia

Back to top Go down

Post  Doogs Mon Nov 03, 2014 1:40 pm

Hope everyone had a good weekend.  The weather has been amazingly mild up here, bit chillier today but still nae bad for this time of the year.

I was working in the pub on Friday night then Saturday had a night in with my mum and dad where we had fillet steak, champagne and watched/had a bet on the Breeders Cup which was a big horse race meeting in the USA.  We clubbed our winnings together and came out £21 up each - it was good night cheers

Well I've now only got 2 more sleeps Sleep until we get on that plane to Kenya Welcome to everyday Lets Talk - Page 32 853843  Finishing up at 1pm tomorrow from work, couple of things to do in the afternoon then it's home to back my bag which shouldn't take too long.  I will hopefully get the chance to come on tomorrow for a few posts but just incase I will say kwaheri and you will hear from me on my return.

Take care all
Doogs Cheetah

PS . . .  Keep your fingers crossed for us that we get to see Malaika and her little ones  Welcome to everyday Lets Talk - Page 32 431638
Doogs
Doogs

Back to top Go down

Post  Laikipia Tue Nov 04, 2014 8:31 am

Welcome to everyday Lets Talk - Page 32 71418  Doogs.  Oh my word, you're off, time has flown by.  I hope you have the most wonderful time, plenty of sunshine and lots of wildlife, including Malaika and her 5 little ones.

Don't forget to charge your batteries and take lots of lovely photos to show us all.

Have the bestest time ever Group Hug

Lai  (just a little bit alien) Laughing
Laikipia
Laikipia

Back to top Go down

Post  Safariman Tue Nov 04, 2014 10:36 am

Have a great time Doogs, hope the journey goes smoothly and you are able to see everything on your shopping list!! But remember Doogs if you do see Malaika and her youngsters you are not allowed to bring the cubs home with you!!
Look forward to a full report and photos on your return.

SM
Safariman
Safariman

Back to top Go down

Post  whitestarling Tue Nov 04, 2014 1:18 pm

Jambo Doogs.
http://i73.servimg.c Your nearly on your way got everything X you see Malaika, and the Cubs, and also get lots of pics You really deserve to have a great time after all your hard work through the year. Great news on your winnings, but now you've split them up, I'd suggest you put them back in the pot, and put them towards some Sundowners http://www.picgifs.c Welcome to everyday Lets Talk - Page 32 40683 .

Kwaheri safari salama Doogs

WS
whitestarling
whitestarling
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  gregrowlerson Sat Nov 08, 2014 1:52 pm

Hello all.

Wow, Doogs on safari, that's great news. Hope it all goes well for her and that the weather and animals are on her side!

WS, broadband problems, what's new? Laughing I think this is the case for everyone worldwide on occasion, and it can be frustrating for sure! But then again new age technology is really rather remarkable. I don't know how we've come all the way from typewriters and letters only half a century ago. Incredible the level of human progress sometimes.

Lai, sounds like you lost none of your passion for photography! And dancing! I must say that the other week I did watch a show of dancing with Mum, and it was entertaining enough. Not sure if I will make a habit of it though Laughing

My dogs are well, and Bella's birthday is not far away, so I will try to remember to take some photos of the big day and post on here. Not that they have really changed much since I have been away. Bella will probably always have a baby face, and Leo an "I'm up to no good" grin Very Happy

I have been pretty slack with zoo trips too. I went to Healsville Sanctuary and Melbourne Zoo once in the last six or so months, though not as active there as last year, so I ought to start going again as Summer is fast approaching. I think it is only six months or so until Melbourne has completed their special new big cat feature enclosures, so that will be exciting. The relatively recent Lima land is pretty awesome; you can walk in right amongst them!

I can't remember what updates I have given, but this year I've been living with a housemate and that is going great. She is from my high school, although we didn't really know each other from there, just from a mutual friend in recent years. We get along well and it's been like having a sister I've never had, so pretty awesome. She is admittedly not a dog person (rather a cat one), but has taken to Bella and Leo well. Or well enough Razz

I have some social engagements coming up which is weird for my leopard loner leanings Laughing I am going to a food tasting thing next weekend, and a rock concert on the 17th, plus have the work Xmas party in December in the city as well as a friends going overseas party that same weekend.

GR http://i70.servimg.c leopard in Tree
gregrowlerson
gregrowlerson

Back to top Go down

Post  Laikipia Sun Nov 09, 2014 1:28 pm

Good to hear from you G http://i77.servimg.c  R Onesmie man P Welcome to everyday Lets Talk - Page 32 3525291757 and great to know that Bella and Leo are okay and thriving Very Happy I think you did mention a housemate which sounds like a good idea and hopefully it means you don't just eat pizza and ice cream now Welcome to everyday Lets Talk - Page 32 40683 Sorry to hear you've not been keeping up with your zoo visits, we've missed your photos and updates  Welcome to everyday Lets Talk - Page 32 853843 It's good to get out and about so enjoy your social bits and pieces  http://www.picgifs.c  http://www.picgifs.c  http://i77.servimg.c  http://i77.servimg.c  http://i70.servimg.c

Lai
aka http://i77.servimg.c
Laikipia
Laikipia

Back to top Go down

Post  whitestarling Mon Nov 10, 2014 11:11 pm

Welcome to everyday Lets Talk - Page 32 768480 Good to see your life seems to be settling down, and the Dogs are all OK GR

WS
whitestarling
whitestarling
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  WMTravellers Tue Nov 11, 2014 3:34 pm

Just checking in to say we are back from Chile... got lots of work to catch-up with and then I hope to be able to get back into being part of the 'community' again at the weekend.

Hope everyone is well, I'm looking forward to catching up with what I have missed over the last month Very Happy
WMTravellers
WMTravellers

http://www.wmtravellers.com/

Back to top Go down

Post  Laikipia Tue Nov 11, 2014 4:20 pm

Welcome to everyday Lets Talk - Page 32 71418 Welcome back WMT. I hope you had a wonderful time in Chile and took lots of lovely photos.

Lai

Laikipia
Laikipia

Back to top Go down

Post  whitestarling Tue Nov 11, 2014 11:12 pm

http://www.picgifs.c Back WMT, hope you had a really fantastic time in Chile. Looking forward to hearing how it went, and of course any photos, and videos you managed to get.

WS http://www.picgifs.c
whitestarling
whitestarling
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  gregrowlerson Sat Nov 15, 2014 11:37 am

Thanks for the warm replies Lai and WS, means a lot.

Funnily enough I eat maybe more pizza now! Although Leo and Bella are not complaining hehe

I am still getting out sometimes. Tonight was the Taste Of Melbourne festival which was good fun, albeit the weather was typical Melbourneish! To fit in with your newbie, it was a little Chilie Laughing
gregrowlerson
gregrowlerson

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 32 of 40 Previous  1 ... 17 ... 31, 32, 33 ... 36 ... 40  Next