Wild About Animals
New members come, and say Hello
Plant a seed and watch it grow
Old Members why not share your news
We have loads more for you to choose
Guests your welcome to have a look
but why not sign up and then get hooked!
To All its a pleasure to have you with us

Note: New Members are expected to post within one Month of joining, and post on a fairly regular basis.

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

Wild About Animals
New members come, and say Hello
Plant a seed and watch it grow
Old Members why not share your news
We have loads more for you to choose
Guests your welcome to have a look
but why not sign up and then get hooked!
To All its a pleasure to have you with us

Note: New Members are expected to post within one Month of joining, and post on a fairly regular basis.
Wild About Animals
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Welcome to everyday Lets Talk

+5
Safariman
Doogs
WMTravellers
gregrowlerson
princesspurplehippy
9 posters

Page 17 of 40 Previous  1 ... 10 ... 16, 17, 18 ... 28 ... 40  Next

Go down

Welcome to everyday Lets Talk - Page 17 Empty Re: Welcome to everyday Lets Talk

Post  princesspurplehippy Sat Nov 16, 2013 4:21 pm

sorry for the absence but my laptop 'threw a wobbly' and its at the menders. so just a kindle and mobile phone to access the internet. should hopefully pick it up from the repairers on Monday as it was apparently a corrupted hard drive. Thankfully theyve managed to back up my data and got a new hard drive for me
princesspurplehippy
princesspurplehippy

Back to top Go down

Post  whitestarling Sat Nov 16, 2013 6:04 pm

Welcome to everyday Lets Talk - Page 17 768480 Glad you've got your laptop fixed PPH, I had a similar problem on my desk top a few years ago, and thankfully the shop did the same saved all my pics , and docs, and installed a new hard drive.
Good idea on the seperate thread GR it will be good tosee how your arrangements come along.
Sorry I've been a bit quite the last couple of days, but I've had a bit of a stomach upset, plus doing some decorating for Xmas, but I;m OK now. Hope everyone's OK, and your having a good weekend.

WS
whitestarling
whitestarling
Admin

https://wildaboutanimals.forumotion.net

Back to top Go down

Post  Doogs Sun Nov 17, 2013 4:39 pm

Afternoon everyone Welcome to everyday Lets Talk - Page 17 853843

Apologies for not being on here sooner after our return from Kenya. I spent Wed & Thurs washing etc, Thurs night went out for tea/pictures with my mum & dad then stayed at theirs. Fri met a friend for lunch, back to mum & dads & that's when I started to not feel well. I've had terrible sickness, diarrhoea, headaches, aches & sweats so much so I had to call the out of hours docs who referred me up to our local Royal Infirmary. More a precautionary thing because of where we had been & 'cause I'd got a couple of wee bites when we were away. I'm sure it's a bug/virus I've picked up but hopefully that will be confirmed via a sample I have submitted to the hospital today.  Won't be going back to work until the diarrhoea stops, the rest I can put up with but that's a no no in the office ! affraid Still at mum & dads & only have my iPad here which is not the easiest to post with on the Forum. Going to head home tonight & hopefully get started looking through my photos tomorrow & get posting / caught up on here.

Hope everyone has had a good weekend so far
Doogs flower 
Doogs
Doogs

Back to top Go down

Post  whitestarling Sun Nov 17, 2013 5:57 pm

What a Face Oh Doogs what a shame your feeling so poorly after your return after what sounded such a great time. Hopefully you will start feeling better, and it's not something to serious. hopefully your sample results will clear it up. Please do'nt worry about catching up on anything, as I said to Safariman it takes to much time, and we all understand that people cant reply to everything. Also take your time with your pics, make sure your better first, as much as I know we're all dying to see them, I know we would all want you to look after yourself first, and foremost.
Get Well soon

WS
whitestarling
whitestarling
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Safariman Sun Nov 17, 2013 7:06 pm

Poor Doogs, sorry to hear you are not feeling too good. As you say it is probably a bug/virus you have picked up. I think if you go to a doctor and say you have just returned from Africa and are not feeling well a blood test is almost mandatory and it is always best to be safe rather than sorry. Hope you feel better soon so that you can get on with the important things such as sorting out your pics and posting them on WAA!!!!!

Safariman
Safariman
Safariman

Back to top Go down

Post  Laikipia Mon Nov 18, 2013 7:49 am

Group Hug  Doogs. I hope you are feeling a bit better now and certainly a good idea to get bloods taken having been in Africa. Fingers crossed it is just a bug/virus and some antibiotics will clear it up.

No rush and take it easy, we are itching to see your 2000 pics but we'll wait Welcome to everyday Lets Talk - Page 17 40683  Take care of yourself.

Lai
Laikipia
Laikipia

Back to top Go down

Post  Doogs Mon Nov 18, 2013 1:17 pm

Afternoon everyone cheers  Feeling a bit better today but still not 100%, think by taking today and probably tomorrow off work I'll be fine to return on Wednesday.   I'm not one for being off work sick, even if I'm not feeling great so it does bother me that this has come off of two weeks leave but there's nothing I can do about it No 

I've started the downloading of my photos, they are doing that as I type Very Happy  Now to catch up on here after being off for a couple of weeks affraid  lol! 

Sorry to hear you've had an upset stomach WS, hope you are feeling better now, big bosie Hug  to you.  Seems mad to say you've been doing some decorating for Christmas but it really is just around the corner affraid pale  rendeer 

Oooh Lai not only a trip to Kenya at the beginning of next year but also a trip to Namibia in July on the horizon, how exciting Welcome to everyday Lets Talk - Page 17 853843   You sound like you have a bit of a mad house (I mean that in a good way) with all the different personalities of your dogs, there must never be a dull moment in your household which I bet is how you like it Very Happy   Great to hear they are all doing well & obviously all getting on really well together, I'll keep my fingers crossed for Rosie and hope she doesn't need another op.

What a horrible story about your friends horse LW, that made my blood boil Mad   You will be pleased to know I have got some rather good bird pictures this year Wink  I hope you are not overdoing things at work, busy or not, you need to look after yourself - finger wagging at the same time as typing that !!  Hugs 

So you are planning a big trip GR, how fantastic and stopping over in the UK enroute Cool  Iceland sounds like it will be an amazing place to visit, I'm sure you will have a wonderful time.  And a WAA Zoo trip to London, I'm not promising anything but will have a look into it.

Great photo of your mums 'Cav Pack' PPH, they look lovely together and you're mum is a real Like a Star @ heaven for keeping pregnant mum Jessie then two of her pups Very Happy 

Sounds like you've also had a great trip to the Mara Safariman, glad to hear you are back safe and sound. 2,604 photos, an hours video and over 50 lions WOW looking forward to seeing them.  I'm sure like me you had a couple rather Rain afternoons - we were lucky as we were treated to a couple of good sightings just before the Lightening started so were quite happy with that for our afternoon.  Yes I'm sure we can keep the photos and stories going until at least the New Year  http://i70.servimg.c

Doogs - presently alien !!!
Doogs
Doogs

Back to top Go down

Post  Laikipia Mon Nov 18, 2013 2:41 pm

So pleased to hear you are a tiny bit better today Doogs what a relief, but definitely a good idea to stay home and try and get over it 100%.

Lai
Laikipia
Laikipia

Back to top Go down

Post  whitestarling Mon Nov 18, 2013 10:20 pm

Welcome to everyday Lets Talk - Page 17 768480 Glad your feeling a bit better Doogs, and it'sbetter to have an extra couple of days even though you do'nt like to. Its easy to go back to early, and then get poorly again. Looking forward to seeing some of your pics

WS
whitestarling
whitestarling
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  littlewid Mon Nov 18, 2013 10:36 pm

Doogs im really sorry you have been poorly, hopefully when you get your results back you will know where it came from and what it is but im glad to read that today you say you are feeling a little better and I agree, another day off would be good for you. I know you say you dont like being off but its better to go back to work when you are properly better and not before, so you look after yourself.........im wagging my finger at you now Very Happy 
I really hope you will be able to sort something for the WAA zoo trip, it would be so lovely if you could come as well Welcome to everyday Lets Talk - Page 17 853843

The little horse is doing ok thanks, he is recovering well, just a little nervous but at least he is getting there.

Hope youve got your laptop sorted now PPH and you are up and running properly again, we really miss our computers when they are out of action dont we.

Glad to hear you are feeling better WS and that the decorating is nearly done, you will be all bright and shiny for christmas Christmas Tree 

Great idea to nave thethread for your trip and the zoo GR, it keeps it all together and I suppose you could post your iceland pics there and we could also post all our zoo pics on there. I hope you have got over your cold by now and are feeling as good as new http://i70.servimg.c 

I havebeen trying to sort my house, chucking out all the stuff that is no longer needed or hasnt been used in ages, its nice to have a good clear out. I have also been doing some christmas shopping, its soon going to be upon us isnt it, it seems to be flying by now.
Nero had a haircut on Saturday and is looking very handsome, even though I do say so myself but its a good job he has a couple of coats because it is getting very chilly now in the evenings, its not so cold during the day, it just seems to be the evening doesnt it.

I hope everyone has a good rest of the week andthat it doesnt get too cold

littlewid-x-

littlewid
littlewid
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Doogs Tue Nov 19, 2013 5:09 pm

Woke up this morning to Snowing on the ground, what's that all about scratch Welcome to everyday Lets Talk - Page 17 615959 

Again feeling a bit better today, phoned the docs for my results but nothing yet, I'll be going back to work tomorrow.  I've actually worked out that between now and the 6th of January 2014 I only have to work one full week (next week) due to a long leave weekend I have in December when I'm going down to Esher to visit a friend, our Crimbo lunch on Friday the 20th then our office being shut for Crimbo/New Year !!!  That's pretty cool Cool and also a bit Embarassed 

Glad to hear that little horse is recovering LW, he's bound to be nervous for a long time yet, hope he eventually gets over that, bless him Like a Star @ heaven 

A declutter is definitely needed now and again and this is the perfect time to do as you'll soon be inundated with prezzies at Christmas Tree  I can imagine Nero is looking very dapper after his hair cut and good that you've got a few jackets to keep him cosy in this cold weather Group Hug 

Must go and check out GR's trip/zoo thread as I appeared to missed that yesterday.

Doogs alien 
Doogs
Doogs

Back to top Go down

Post  whitestarling Tue Nov 19, 2013 5:52 pm

Welcome to everyday Lets Talk - Page 17 768480 Glad your feeling even better today Doogs hopefully your over the worse now. Its good that your friends little Horse is getting better and over the trauma. We got away with the Snowing fortunately although it was all around us, up in the hills a bit higher than we are, and further down the coast. Hope everyone else has been OK weatherwise

WS
whitestarling
whitestarling
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  gregrowlerson Wed Nov 20, 2013 8:56 am

WOW it is certainly all happening around here at the moment Very Happy 

With me work has been totally flat out lately. I've been given the added responsibility of an extra builder to quote for, which is good actually. Most people at work are really snowed under. It's good because business is picking up.

I have had to switch shifts and am working this Saturday now, but on the plus side it will be my last weekend of work for 2013 Welcome to everyday Lets Talk - Page 17 2224760601 

The pooches are keeping well, though did have a couple of scary incidents two days straight. There are many kids in our street who love to approach the dogs; most are sensible and gentle, but some just don't know how to treat them really. A small girl was bought to tears because Bella scared her. I don't think she bit her or anything, but just moved suddenly and she fell backwards and over. After some consoling she seemed okay. The next day we happened to come across this same child again, and this time she was with a young boy, a kid I hadn't seen before. This boy just was very careless I guess is the word, and he kept trying to pick Leo up and basically mauling my poor guy. I told him to stop it, and then he did it again, and Leo made a rushed movement and bought the boy to tears. I couldn't see any cuts or anything so didn't think he'd been bitten, but it was oh so scary, and I really yelled at the boy, which was unfair to, but I don't think that I could be more scared about anything then my dogs harming a child, and more to the point I must admit, having them put down. My dogs are generally very good around the kids (they put up with quite a lot sometimes Laughing ), but I believe that every creature (that includes human) would have their breaking point, so it is like, do I cross the road everytime a child runs up to the dogs? Insist harshly that they back off? It's a bit sad because some of the kids get a real thrill when they see them, it really seems to make their day, but there is always that small fear that something horrible could go wrong at any moment.

Generally though our walks have still been going great, and one weird thing that I have to mention from the last week or so is that in one side street I have seen a rabbit a few times in a front yard, not caged or anything, and clearly it's a domesticated one (I don't know, it looks fluffy and stuff http://www.picgifs.c ). It is not even very scared and doesn't bolt off when I and the dogs approach (and Leo and Bella can see themselves a nice meal!). I have just never seen the likes of this before...

How wonderful to have you back Doogs, and hopefully getting over that bought of sickness you incurred after your Mara adventures. I will have to have a looksey around these traps soon to see if you have posted any pics!

Must be running just now for mentoring session with the editor. Be back soon.

GR Razz 
gregrowlerson
gregrowlerson

Back to top Go down

Post  Laikipia Wed Nov 20, 2013 8:58 am

Good to know you are feeling a bit less alien  now Doogs and it sounds like you've only got a short time to work until Christmas Laughing 

No snow here but some up in the hills yesterday and today torrential rain Rain  what is this weather doing just now?

Have a good day everyone.

Lai
Laikipia
Laikipia

Back to top Go down

Post  Laikipia Wed Nov 20, 2013 9:01 am

Posted at the same time as you GR so missed your post but just read quickly. Really sorry to hear about the dog incident, kids shouldn't try to pick up other peoples dogs ever but that is something their parents should always teach them. I am sure your dogs would never bite or be aggressive but being lunged at by a child can be scary for a dog. Fingers crossed no damage done and you, the dogs and the kids are all ok.

Lai
Laikipia
Laikipia

Back to top Go down

Post  gregrowlerson Wed Nov 20, 2013 10:42 am

I am catching up a little bit now on this thread Very Happy 

Thanks for your concern Lai. It was no major disaster and the dogs are happy, so all's well in our world Razz 

Hope you are feeling better now too WS. It seems many WAA folk have been a bit on the crook side. Me, just a slight cold, nothing much. Still got it, but should be gone within a week I reckon.

PPH, I can totally understand your frustration with computers! Again though, all's well that ends well Very Happy 

A good clean out around the house. LW, are you free to visit my neck of the woods? My place could do with a tidy up Welcome to everyday Lets Talk - Page 17 40683 

That's great about you getting a good rest Doogs, with just the one full week for the rest of the year Welcome to everyday Lets Talk - Page 17 768480 I will be getting a good break over xmas, I think from the 23rd until the 13th.

Weather here was not great today, but on the weekend I was able to do some sunbaking with the dogs. Good times.

GR sunny 
gregrowlerson
gregrowlerson

Back to top Go down

Post  Laikipia Wed Nov 20, 2013 11:16 am

23rd to 13th WOW  WOW  WOW  that's a great break from work. Me I am a rotten boss we never close if someone wants a wedding, well Christmas day and Boxing day Very Happy  and this year we have 29th and 31st (imagine a wedding on NYE well they are)

Lai
Laikipia
Laikipia

Back to top Go down

Post  whitestarling Wed Nov 20, 2013 5:53 pm

Thats a problem with people, and especialy children they see Dogs and they go Haaa, its easy done but parents and adults should know better than to approach a strange dog without asking the owner first. Hope everything goes OK GR. The weather here's been awful, lashing rain, hail, and very windy. The roads have been swimming in an icy slush, really a bit What a Face driving. If you think the 12th to the 23rd is a good break GR, I'm off from the end of October till the begining of March, now thats a break lol! Glad I did'nt apply for that PA job with Lai Meany Welcome to everyday Lets Talk - Page 17 40683 

WS
whitestarling
whitestarling
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Laikipia Wed Nov 20, 2013 6:09 pm

ROFL  WS - good one!

Lai
Laikipia
Laikipia

Back to top Go down

Post  Laikipia Fri Nov 22, 2013 6:10 pm

Good evening everyone

Have a great weekend whatever you are doing, and let's hope for some sunny  and no Lightening  or Rain we're off to London for the day tomorrow to catch up with some American friends who are over in the UK.  I'll be Sky+ing Strictly for sure Welcome to everyday Lets Talk - Page 17 71418 

Have fun Welcome to everyday Lets Talk - Page 17 853843 

Lai
Laikipia
Laikipia

Back to top Go down

Post  whitestarling Fri Nov 22, 2013 10:20 pm

Well at least it's been dry today, and the wind has dropped, night before last the wind was awfull, blowing things over. We've also had loads of hail making the roads really slushy at times, although no snow, and no frosts. We were talking about taking Cats to Vets as Poppy's been for her health check this week which she passed with flying colours. We have had some funny names for Cats over the years, Mrs S was telling me about when we first moved here she took one of our Cats to a new Vets. I had'nt heard this story it will make you giggle it did me. She got to the Vets, and stood in front of the Reception, the receptionist said name, and Mrs S replied Chunky Punky, at which the receptionist collapsed in tears of laughter, as she I meant your name not the Cats. Welcome to everyday Lets Talk - Page 17 40683 

WS
whitestarling
whitestarling
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  littlewid Fri Nov 22, 2013 11:18 pm

Welcome to everyday Lets Talk - Page 17 40683 Welcome to everyday Lets Talk - Page 17 40683 Welcome to everyday Lets Talk - Page 17 40683 Welcome to everyday Lets Talk - Page 17 40683  that is so amusing WS, it is usually the pets name they ask for so I can understand why Mrs S said that but coming fromthe receptionists side, when you expect to hear Mrs ...... to get told Chunky Punky is just hilarious lol! lol! lol!  poor Mrs S but I bet she had a good giggle too Laughing 

littlewid-x-
littlewid
littlewid
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Laikipia Sun Nov 24, 2013 8:01 am

Good morning everyone

ROFL  That's a brilliant one WS Welcome to everyday Lets Talk - Page 17 40683 

We had a great day in London yesterday catching up with our friends from Arizona.  We met at the Natural History museum as I was keen to see the wildlife photographer of the year competition.  WOW  We were blown away by the entries, talk about talent and wonderful photos.  They have a young photographers section, under 10s and they were superb.  Well worth a visit if you're up in London and something to aspire to for sure Laughing 

http://www.nhm.ac.uk/visit-us/whats-on/temporary-exhibitions/wpy/index.jsp

Hope the weather is okay wherever you are, and you all have a good day.

Lai
Laikipia
Laikipia

Back to top Go down

Post  princesspurplehippy Mon Nov 25, 2013 7:37 pm

laptop has been fixed, woohoo!!!!

I hope you all missed me Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy 

Still the same old same old around here apart from the fact I've had my date for my wisdom tooth operation. Its on the 3rd December at 8am affraid  so I'll have to get up silly early and then look like a bit of a chipmunk for however long it takes to heal
princesspurplehippy
princesspurplehippy

Back to top Go down

Post  littlewid Tue Nov 26, 2013 10:03 pm

Lai my friend brought me back a program and some stunning postcards from the exhibition, it looked amazing and im glad you got to go and see it and also have a nice time with your friends from Arizona.

Glad younhave your laptop all sorted now PPH and of course we missed you, its great to have you back Welcome to everyday Lets Talk - Page 17 853843  Oh not long till your dentist visit, how are you feeling about that? Hopefully it wont be too painful and youll only look like a little chipmunk Very Happy how are you feeling in yourself now, apart from probable tooth ache?

Ive been a little bit hit and miss lately, trying to get sorted for christmas and also clearing out here, so if I have missed any posts im sorry but I am on a mission to catch up.
Its been really cold here but surprisingly only one frost in the morning to contend with which is surprising as its been so cold over night.

Im on holiday next week so a big push to get my christmas shopping finished and get my cards sorted as time is flying by. How is everyone else with their Christmas shopping etc?

Hope everyone is ok and how are you feeling now Doogs? I hope you are fully recovered, do you know what kind of bug it was?

Wednesday tomorrow.......Hump Day, looks like its going to be a quick week http://i70.servimg.c Welcome to everyday Lets Talk - Page 17 2224760601 

littlewid-x-
littlewid
littlewid
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 17 of 40 Previous  1 ... 10 ... 16, 17, 18 ... 28 ... 40  Next