Wild About Animals
New members come, and say Hello
Plant a seed and watch it grow
Old Members why not share your news
We have loads more for you to choose
Guests your welcome to have a look
but why not sign up and then get hooked!
To All its a pleasure to have you with us

Note: New Members are expected to post within one Month of joining, and post on a fairly regular basis.

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

Wild About Animals
New members come, and say Hello
Plant a seed and watch it grow
Old Members why not share your news
We have loads more for you to choose
Guests your welcome to have a look
but why not sign up and then get hooked!
To All its a pleasure to have you with us

Note: New Members are expected to post within one Month of joining, and post on a fairly regular basis.
Wild About Animals
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Welcome to everyday Lets Talk

+5
Safariman
Doogs
WMTravellers
gregrowlerson
princesspurplehippy
9 posters

Page 18 of 40 Previous  1 ... 10 ... 17, 18, 19 ... 29 ... 40  Next

Go down

Welcome to everyday Lets Talk - Page 18 Empty Re: Welcome to everyday Lets Talk

Post  princesspurplehippy Wed Nov 27, 2013 6:46 pm

Apart from the toothache and sinus problems caused by swelling I'm feeling a lot better LW

I wish it was a dentist appointment as because its not erupted (none of my wisdom teeth have erupted yet) its a hospital jobby under general anesthetic. I have a pre op health check on friday and I'll probably be poked, prodded and bodily fluids taken and analysed to make sure I'm well enough and not going to bring in any nasty diseases to the nice clean hospital.

Luckily its in my local hospital which is a 5 mins walk up the road, this is a good thing as I have to be there at 8am tuesday morning
princesspurplehippy
princesspurplehippy

Back to top Go down

Post  Laikipia Sun Dec 01, 2013 9:27 am

Good morning everyone

I'm behind on this thread again and can't believe it's the 1st December already What a Face 

Christmas Littlewid - I am impressed.  Nothing done here but not a lot to do anyway so it's easy for us Welcome to everyday Lets Talk - Page 18 71418 

Good luck with the wisdom teeth PPH - I've had 3 removed and no probs so don't worry too much about it, I'm sure you'll be fine and maybe if they are causing you problems better off without them Welcome to everyday Lets Talk - Page 18 431638 

Pete and I went to Manchester to the theatre yesterday afternoon to see War Horse - absolutely brilliant, so clever and well done with the horse puppets.  I was a total emotional wreck but thoroughly enjoyed it.  It was so sad to realise just how many horses gave their lives in WW1.

Have a good day everyone.

Lai
Laikipia
Laikipia

Back to top Go down

Post  Doogs Mon Dec 02, 2013 1:51 pm

So am I Lai Embarassed running out of time today but mental note to catch up here . . . .
Doogs
Doogs

Back to top Go down

Post  littlewid Mon Dec 02, 2013 7:45 pm

PPH, if you look in, GOOD LUCK FOR TOMORROW Group Hug  I am sure all will be fine but im sending you lots of good wishes Welcome to everyday Lets Talk - Page 18 768480 

No work for me this week which is great Welcome to everyday Lets Talk - Page 18 853843 out shopping most of the weekend and out clothes shopping today, which isnt exactly present and card buying but at least clothes for christmas day sorted http://i70.servimg.c now though it will be the rest of my chrissie shopping and meeting my Neice Emma for a coffee and catch up on Wednesday and out with friends on Saturday plus the decorations need to go up this week Christmas Tree 

How is everyone else doing and are we all on track for Christmas Welcome to everyday Lets Talk - Page 18 408422 

Ive decided I may justtreat myself to a new laptop. I like this tablet for simple posting but I still cant get picture posting sorted and it doesnt allow me to watch lots of videos etc and im getting a bit fed up with it, so I reckon a good old laptop is the way to go, so I may just try and fit that in as well this week, if not before christmas hopefully.

I hope everyone has a good week.

littlewid-x-
littlewid
littlewid
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  whitestarling Mon Dec 02, 2013 10:00 pm

Hope everything goes well for you tomorrow PPH, I went to the Dentist today, and had one filling. I'm glad to say it was painless, I know yours is more serious, but I hope it's goes as well for you.
Your getting well infront on the Xmas stakes LW. We've got all the pressies sorted, well when I say we I mean Mrs S has, Ive just been the chauffer, loads of wrapping to do now.
I think you'll be more comfortable with a laptop LW you've struggled a bit with your Tablet. There a couple of programes you can download for free from Google Play Store so you can wiatch web cams, and videos. Try Photon first, and see how it goes, I've just put it on Mrs S's Tablet

WS
whitestarling
whitestarling
Admin

https://wildaboutanimals.forumotion.net

Back to top Go down

Post  whitestarling Mon Dec 02, 2013 10:00 pm

Hope everything goes well for you tomorrow PPH, I went to the Dentist today, and had one filling. I'm glad to say it was painless, I know yours is more serious, but I hope it's goes as well for you.
Your getting well infront on the Xmas stakes LW. We've got all the pressies sorted, well when I say we I mean Mrs S has, Ive just been the chauffer, loads of wrapping to do now.
I think you'll be more comfortable with a laptop LW you've struggled a bit with your Tablet. There a couple of programes you can download for free from Google Play Store so you can wiatch web cams, and videos. Try Photon first, and see how it goes, I've just put it on Mrs S's Tablet

WS
whitestarling
whitestarling
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  littlewid Tue Dec 03, 2013 6:21 pm

I hope everything has gone well for you today PPH and that you are ok flower 

Ooooooo a filling WS, thats never nice but the good thing is, you and PPH have got your dental visits in well before christmas so you should both be ok for all the festive food Welcome to everyday Lets Talk - Page 18 768480 

I am so far behind on so many posts that I endeavour to go through them all tonight, even if im here till midnight, I will get there and apologies for missing so many already Embarassed Embarassed Embarassed 

littlewid-x-
littlewid
littlewid
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Laikipia Tue Dec 03, 2013 6:30 pm

Hello everyone, i'm always behind with this thread.  Hope everyone's teeth are okay?  PPH and WS Group Hug  I've got a check up before Christmas but no probs so should be a breeze.

Off to London for 48 hours tomorrow with my mum so she can catch up with some friends and I can do the same with my friends, we're also going to the Museum of London to see the Cheapside Hoard, I don't know much about it yet but it sounds interesting.

Catch up on Friday and enjoy the rest of the week.  I hope all your shopping is going well Littlewid and your clearing out.  Welcome to everyday Lets Talk - Page 18 431638 

Lai
Laikipia
Laikipia

Back to top Go down

Post  princesspurplehippy Tue Dec 03, 2013 7:02 pm

I'm back Laughing Laughing Laughing Laughing Laughing Laughing 

all went well and I feel better, I'm on mushy food for 24hrs and have some really nice painkillers. I also have to wait 24hrs before cleaning my teeth and mouthwash.

I also have a really sore throat from the breathing tube which is really horrible. I got a stern look from the nurse as I said I was walking home with my bf as I only live 5 mins down the road but I had no side effects so I was fine
princesspurplehippy
princesspurplehippy

Back to top Go down

Post  littlewid Tue Dec 03, 2013 11:54 pm

Good to have you back PPH and great it has all gone well, apart from the sore throat but sadly thats par for the course and will go soon. No wonder the nurses gave you a stern look, walking home after a GA, not many people would but its a good way to get the anaesthetic out of your system. Hopefullynthe rest of your recovery will be good.

Have a lovely time in London Lai catching up with your friends and I hope your mum has a lovely time too.

Right nearly midnight so im off to bed.

littlewid-x-
littlewid
littlewid
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  whitestarling Wed Dec 04, 2013 5:06 pm

Welcome to everyday Lets Talk - Page 18 768480 Glad everything went OK PPH, and hopefully your throats feeling a bit better now. Bet your glad it's all over, and all in time for Xmas too. Have a great time in London Lai, with your Mum, never heard of the Cheapside Hoard although it does ring a little bell somewhere in the back of my head. You'll have to tell us all about it.
Hope you've left something for all the other shoppers LW, does'nt sound as though there's going to be much left when you've finished.

WS
whitestarling
whitestarling
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Doogs Wed Dec 04, 2013 11:27 pm

Lai, I liked the sound of your day out at the Natural History Museum, the wildlife photographer pictures must have been amazing to see there.  I had a look at the link you posted but must look at it in more depth when I've got more time cheers   Hope you have a great time with your mum in London, Cheapside Hoard, now what is that scratch 

Aaaah good to hear you have some time off LW and you've been shopping both for you and for others Very Happy   Sounds like you've a busy week and nice that you are catching up with some friends.  I love my i-Pad but could never do without my laptop so I don't blame you for getting one.  Hopefully there will be some bargains out there with it coming up to Christmas or they might be even better if you waited until after Christmas ???

Mrs S is on the ball re Crimbo WS, nice one Wink   The wrapping can be a bit of chore though, always gives me a sore back !!!

PPH glad your laptop is up and running again, we do miss them when we cant use them  Welcome to everyday Lets Talk - Page 18 615959   Glad to hear the tooth extraction went well and you seem to be relatively pain free considering what you went through pale   Hope you manage to get a good nights sleep Sleep tonight and feel better tomorrow.

Doogs drunken 
Doogs
Doogs

Back to top Go down

Post  littlewid Thu Dec 05, 2013 12:13 am

Good to know that even though you have your ipad Doogs you still need your laptop, makes me feel better that im not just being silly with this tablet. I will have a look and see whats out there as you say there could be bargains before christmas but yes, sometimes after christmas is better, its often a chance you take but im quite impulsive so if I see one I will just get it, which isnt always the right thing to do Embarassed 

Been out shopping again today and brought a dress and boots, honestly christmas morning is going to be a nightmare.......unless I wear all my new clothes at once Welcome to everyday Lets Talk - Page 18 40683 Welcome to everyday Lets Talk - Page 18 40683 met up with Emma and my sister which was nice and my mum came as well, so it was a nice girlie time.

Its gone midnight now, so I will have to do more catching up tomorrow and start a little earlier in the evening.....I need to get more organised for sure.

littlewid-x-
littlewid
littlewid
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Doogs Thu Dec 05, 2013 2:00 pm

Definitely not LW, go for it cheers 

Welcome to everyday Lets Talk - Page 18 853843 you've been treating yourself again Welcome to everyday Lets Talk - Page 18 853843 

We've had snow this morning Snowmas what's that all about scratch  I hope the weather does not deteriorate overnight as I'm flying down to London tomorrow to spend the weekend with a friend in Esher, don't want to be stuck at the Airport for hours on end. We're going racing to Sandown Park on Saturday which I am really looking forward to, it's a big meeting Cool 

Oh I meant to say in my post last night, Warhorse Lai, glad you liked it, I saw it in London a few years ago, it's wonderful to watch on stage and as you say very moving Crying or Very sad 

Depending on how my packing goes will try and get some more of my trip posted tonight.

Doogs drunken 
Doogs
Doogs

Back to top Go down

Post  princesspurplehippy Thu Dec 05, 2013 4:50 pm

I hope everyone affected by the storm and bad weather is all safe and sound. its all wild and woolley out there Raining Raining Raining Raining 
princesspurplehippy
princesspurplehippy

Back to top Go down

Post  littlewid Thu Dec 05, 2013 6:07 pm

Fingers crossed the weather doesnt affect your travels Doogs and I hope you have a really lovely time. affraid  snow this morning, I heard on the radio about very strong winds in Surrey but I havent really heard much about the weather, I hope it was only a dusting and not heavy snow.

So you have had it wild a woolley too PPH, hope you are ok and also feeling ok tooth wise as well. We have had it quitewindy today but nothing drastic but it is raining now.

Oh I missed you had seen War Horse Lai, I saw the film and read the book but I had heard the stage play was spectacular.

I will say this very quietly..............I brought some more boots today and also a jumper that has a Badger on the front, its very lovely http://i77.servimg.c 

Have a good evening everyone

littlewid-x-
littlewid
littlewid
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  princesspurplehippy Fri Dec 06, 2013 7:54 pm

it was a bit wild and woolley out there but thankfully no rain or flooding here in the Shires. lots of my family in N Wales had a lot of power cuts and a friend in Rhyl on the coast got evacuated but thankfully no damage. I hope WS and Mrs WS survived it well and I hope it didnt affect your trip to London Doogs.

Tooth wise, things are still painful and lots of swelling in my jaw. Thankfully Im not doing a good impression of a chipmunk and the worse thing about it is that I can't open my jaw very wide and if I use my jaw a lot like in eating then it hurts a lot. I've been given prescription strength Codeine which I'm taking at night but I'm still waking up at night several times in pain but I'm sure thatll go away. On the good side it means a lot of 'mushy food' and I will say that the Hairy Bikers golden veg soup I made is amazing, also I have an excuse to drink hot chocolate and eat chocolate mousse. Ive have had lots of support from great friends

Last edited by princesspurplehippy on Fri Dec 06, 2013 8:38 pm; edited 1 time in total
princesspurplehippy
princesspurplehippy

Back to top Go down

Post  littlewid Fri Dec 06, 2013 8:29 pm

Glad it didnt get any worse than wild and windy in the shires PPH, flooding would not have been good. I heard there hadbeen flooding in Wales but I havent read any reports so yes hopefully WS and Mrs S are ok.
Sounds as if its a little slow going with your tooth extraction, I hope the pain soon settles for you as its not nice especially if its disturbing your sleep. As you say though, its a great excuse to eat chocolate mouse and drink hot chocolate Welcome to everyday Lets Talk - Page 18 768480 

There must be something about teeth on this site at the momemt, you had your wisdom teeth sorted, WS had a filling and this evening one of my teeth chipped and now needs sorting next week and to top that off I have come down with this dreaded cold and sore throat, it feels like ive swallowed razor blades affraid 

Im out for lunch with friends tomorrow and luckily for them I may be a tad quiet, which they wont mind as it will give them a chance to speak Welcome to everyday Lets Talk - Page 18 40683 

WS, a lovely touch putting the sad death of Nelson Mandela on the home page. I have much respect for him and he gave so much of himself, he will be enormously missed.

Hope everyone has a good weekend and stays safe and well.

littlewid-x-
littlewid
littlewid
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  whitestarling Sat Dec 07, 2013 11:20 am

We are fine thanks for the concern Guys, if it got up to where we live, your talking Noah, and the Arc proportions. The flood were really bad down on the coast though especialy Rhyl, and Kinmel Bay. We feel so sorry for all the people who have been flooded out with Xmas being so close, and all. I happened nearly a year to the day that floods happened in
St Asaph last year.
Sorry to hear your tooths still hurting PPH hopefully it will have healed in time for you to enjoy your Xmas Dinner. I hope your plane got away safely Doogs, and you get some winners at Sandown, at least it looks as though the racing wont be affected by the weather.
More Boots LW, you sound as bad as Mrs S, BOOTS BOOTS BOOTS lol! Hopefully ith you having this week off you'll be all prepared for Xmas, thats if you stay out of the shops long enough to get your decks up Welcome to everyday Lets Talk - Page 18 40683 . Know how you feel with the cold LW we've both got it makes your throat feel horrible
Hope everyones having a good weekend
When ever I've seen Mandela's smile, and eyes he's seemed to touch my soul LW. Thats why I put his photo on

WS
whitestarling
whitestarling
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  littlewid Mon Dec 09, 2013 8:56 am

Mandela does have that effect doesnt he WS, his eyes just draw you in. Glad the floods didnt affect you and Mrs S, you wouldnt have needed that after the fire! ahhh so Mrs S is mad on boots as well Very Happy  you can never have too many boots.

Hope youve have a good weekend away in Surrey Doogs, im sure you have been out and about and its given you a good break from working.

How did your trip to London go Lai? I hope you and your mum had a good time.

I managed to get all my decorations up yesterday, so we are now looking very festive Christmas Tree had a .ovely lunch with my friends on Saturday although one of my friends also has this stinking cold. Mine has now gone on to my chest as well and my voice keeps disappearing, good some would say but means I am not at work today, cant do my job unless I can speak, plus my head feels like its going to explode.......that wouldnt be a pretty site either No 

Hows everyone else doing on the christmas front?.........not long to go now bounce 

Have a good day everyone.

littlewid-x-
littlewid
littlewid
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Laikipia Mon Dec 09, 2013 2:17 pm

Good afternoon everyone

I've missed loads again, but we got back after 6 hours travelling from London instead of one hour 40 mins. due to the trains being held up with fallen trees etc so a long journey home on Thursday and then Tom and his girlfriend came up on Friday for the weekend so no time to catch up with WAA.

I hope everyone is okay after the storms, we had a large cedar tree down which crushed a bench (luckily no one on it  What a Face ) such a shame as it was a lovely old tree.

I'll try to catch up but might miss a few posts so sorry if I do  Shocked 

Lai
Laikipia
Laikipia

Back to top Go down

Post  whitestarling Tue Dec 10, 2013 5:35 pm

affraid That was an awful journey back Lai did'nt realise the wind had affected thr trains so badly. The news was all about the flooding, Rhyl near us was hit quite badly, I feel so sorry for the people flooded out, especialy so near to Xmas. Do'nt worry about missing a few posts, we all know how difficult it is to catch up.
I know the feeling with the cold LW. Mrs S got it first, and passed it on, she says shareings caring  scratch I'm not sure about that. Of course as soon as she passed it on it mutated into MAN Flue  What a Face pale and I've been really rough, but I've been really brave, and I'm holding up just.

WS
whitestarling
whitestarling
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Doogs Wed Dec 11, 2013 12:06 am

Awww big  Hugs to you WS, sorry to hear you're not your usual self. Hope your cold passes soon.

Oooh Lai what awful weather you endured last week and what an awful journey. Glad you managed to get home safe and sound though and although that big tree has come down it's good no-one was hurt.

http://i70.servimg.c LW for getting your  Christmas Tree decorations up but also sending you a big  Hugs with you also feeling under the weather, it's just that time of the year for it I think  Crying or Very sad 

Hope the tooth has improved PPH and the swelling has gone down  pale not fine  No 

A girl can never have enough pairs of boots - I must admit to have a rather large collection as well  Embarassed 

Had a lovely weekend down in Esher, weather was amazing, very mild for this time of the year. I was lucky that both flights took off and landed on time despite the weather in Aberdeen being rubbish on the Friday morning. Couple of winners at the racing & 4 seconds, could have been a very profitable day had they come in as well !! Good fun though.

Sorting out more of my photos tonight but haven't had time to post them. Probably won't be able to do it tomorrow either as I'm working in the pub at night.

Doogs  drunken 
Doogs
Doogs

Back to top Go down

Post  Laikipia Wed Dec 11, 2013 9:32 am

Good morning everyone

Glad you had a good weekend Doogs and got there and back safely and it sounds as though the racing was fun too.

WS I hope you are okay and baring up with the 'man flu' I am sure you are being very brave  pale and Mrs S is looking after you well.

Have a good day and enjoy the mild weather.

Lai
Laikipia
Laikipia

Back to top Go down

Post  gregrowlerson Wed Dec 11, 2013 7:39 pm

Note to self: Must catch up on this thread.

If it's the last thing I do.

The funny thingy about that old adage is that catching up with this thread might just see me through to the end of my days  Laughing 

Work has been crazy busy (working Saturdays and back sometimes, nearly til 8 last night), and life is in general too, but I really couldn't possibly be happier.

And my holidays are not too far away now  Very Happy 

I guess that I can use the excuse of WS' quote: "Let the WAA fit in with your life, and not your life fit around the WAA".  Razz 

GR

P.S. I'm not happy with Mrs S that she gave you the flu WS, but I do agree with her philosophy that "sharing is caring" :-)
gregrowlerson
gregrowlerson

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 18 of 40 Previous  1 ... 10 ... 17, 18, 19 ... 29 ... 40  Next