Wild About Animals
New members come, and say Hello
Plant a seed and watch it grow
Old Members why not share your news
We have loads more for you to choose
Guests your welcome to have a look
but why not sign up and then get hooked!
To All its a pleasure to have you with us

Note: New Members are expected to post within one Month of joining, and post on a fairly regular basis.

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

Wild About Animals
New members come, and say Hello
Plant a seed and watch it grow
Old Members why not share your news
We have loads more for you to choose
Guests your welcome to have a look
but why not sign up and then get hooked!
To All its a pleasure to have you with us

Note: New Members are expected to post within one Month of joining, and post on a fairly regular basis.
Wild About Animals
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Welcome to everyday Lets Talk

+5
Safariman
Doogs
WMTravellers
gregrowlerson
princesspurplehippy
9 posters

Page 29 of 40 Previous  1 ... 16 ... 28, 29, 30 ... 34 ... 40  Next

Go down

Welcome to everyday Lets Talk - Page 29 Empty Re: Welcome to everyday Lets Talk

Post  whitestarling Mon Jun 23, 2014 5:36 pm

Hope you had a good day on the Wirral Lai. Phew what a tough weekend, apart from the pollen here, they've finaly got the hay in, and all wrapped  http://i73.servimg.c . I had to go to Uttoxeter Race Course as my firm were having an event there at a show, couple of hundred mile round trips  What a Face I was shattered by the time we got back home. Trying to catch up a bit now, hope you all had a good weekend.

WS
whitestarling
whitestarling
Admin

https://wildaboutanimals.forumotion.net

Back to top Go down

Post  Laikipia Tue Jun 24, 2014 8:41 am

Poor you WS that's quite a trip for you. Good to know the hay is all in and hopefully you'll be feeling better.

Sorry no time to catch up with all the threads but our latest problem is the French air traffic control strike which starts today and runs until 30th. I'm trying to fly from Manchester to Paris and Ali is flying from Heathrow to Paris, we're meeting up and flying onwards to J'burg and then Windhoek. So far it's difficult to know what flights will be cancelled but we're going to book ourselves on Eurostar in case and then decide on Saturday! All a complete pain and it will certainly add to the journey time  What a Face 

Enjoy today - hoping to watch some Wimbledon later  Welcome to everyday Lets Talk - Page 29 71418 

Lai
Laikipia
Laikipia

Back to top Go down

Post  whitestarling Tue Jun 24, 2014 11:36 am

Yes thanks Lai feeling a bit better today. Don't worry about not catching up on all the posts, we are all in the same boat leading busy lives, so we all miss some of each others posts, and I'm sure we all understand, and forgive each other  Very Happy .
That's not good news on the strike I had heard about it being soon, but didn't think about it affecting your trip. Does that mean if you have to go by Eurostar you will then have to travel through France by train to another Country, to get out of French airspace ?. That will be a real pain for you, and Ali if you have to. I hope you both manage to get flights that will get you through

WS
whitestarling
whitestarling
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Laikipia Wed Jun 25, 2014 8:24 am

Good morning everyone

So far as we know WS it seems mostly not to affect long haul flights too badly so our idea was to get to Paris and then fly out hoping for just a short delay. Looking at yesterday's short haul flights from Manchester to Paris and Paris to Manchester no scheduled flights were cancelled just delayed. I think Easy Jet and Ryan air have cancelled their flights but I am going Flybe to Paris and they co-share with Air France so I am hoping it may be okay. We've got our Eurostar ticket just in case and will make a final decision on Saturday.

Anyway fingers crossed  Welcome to everyday Lets Talk - Page 29 431638 

sunny  Today and hopefully not too much pollen  Very Happy 

Lai
Laikipia
Laikipia

Back to top Go down

Post  whitestarling Wed Jun 25, 2014 2:02 pm

Fingers X LAI for a swift journey. At least the pollen counts lower for the next couple of days
WS
whitestarling
whitestarling
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Safariman Thu Jun 26, 2014 10:18 am

Hope the French air-traffic strike doesn't disrupt your travel plans too much. Its always a worry when you have to make connections for different flights with the threat of delays. It sounds like a great trip, I have often thought about going to Namibia but the older I get the less I feel I can cope with long distance air travel; 8 or 9 nine hours is about my maximum these days!!
Namibia appears to be a great photo opportunity with the contrast of the desert dunes and the wide open spaces of Etosha as well as the rugged coast line. I look forward to seeing your photos and your report on your trip. The "iconic" wildlife photo of Namibia always seems to be of one of the water holes in Etosha with all the various animals and birds coming to drink.
I guess it will be mid-winter in Namibia so I suppose lots of warm clothes in layers will be in order. I just hope on this trip, your luggage arrives at the same time as you!!!
Have a great time.

SM
Safariman
Safariman

Back to top Go down

Post  Doogs Thu Jun 26, 2014 1:26 pm

Oh dear I’m well slacking on this thread so better get up to date  Embarassed  Embarassed  – especially as Lai is disappearing very soon for Namibia.

Doesn’t look like I am going to get much posted on the forum this lunchtime, every now and again when at work it goes really really slow and today is one of these days  Welcome to everyday Lets Talk - Page 29 615959 

That’s really strange both WS and Lai getting bad hayfever (or COPD in your case WS) when you’ve never been bothered with it before.  Very uncomfortable for you both to have to suffer the effects, seems very unpleasant  pale 

Lai your trip sounds totally amazing, you’re going to have such a wonderful time and I am truly truly green with envy at you going to CCF but also very excited for you, that will be an amazing experience and I can’t wait to hear about it.  What a pain about the French Air strike but fingers crossed as you’re flying with Flybe you’ll be ok, wise decision to also get a Eurostar ticket as well.   Safe journeys rafiki and have a wonderful time  cheers  Welcome to everyday Lets Talk - Page 29 71418 

I’ve had a busy couple of weeks as my mum & dad were away in Tenerife for a week so I was staying at theirs looking after Syd.  He was no bother at all apart from when you taken him out on a walk and he meets another dog !!!  We’ve been blessed with good weather up here for a the past few weeks, long may it continue.  Had a ‘Royal Ascot Day’ in the house last Saturday (5 of us) which entailed champagne  drunken , betting and a Chinese take-away  http://www.picgifs.c , good day and we were ‘up’ in the betting stakes – even if it was just a little  Wink 

Hope there’s not more grass cutting going on where you are WS  :o(

LW, big bosies to you  Hugs 

Doogs (fonts, sizes and emoticons not working either !!!)

Emoticons now working so added after !!!

Last edited by Doogs on Thu Jun 26, 2014 1:55 pm; edited 1 time in total
Doogs
Doogs

Back to top Go down

Post  whitestarling Thu Jun 26, 2014 1:48 pm

Thanks Doogs feeling a bit better today, pollen counts down. Glad you had a nice Ascot day. Emoticons nd everything working OK here, perhaps your feed at work
WS
whitestarling
whitestarling
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Doogs Thu Jun 26, 2014 1:53 pm

Good stuff WS, glad to hear that  I love you 

It definitley is my feed but it now seems to be working ok - very strange  scratch Welcome to everyday Lets Talk - Page 29 615959 
Doogs
Doogs

Back to top Go down

Post  Laikipia Fri Jun 27, 2014 9:16 am

Good morning everyone

Sounds like you've had a busy time Doogs, and it must be nice staying at your parents house while their away and looking after Syd  Very Happy  Your Ascot day sounded brilliant, I really forgot about it but I think my mum had a few bets  Very Happy 

http://i70.servimg.c  The strike is off or over and we'd pretty much decided to risk it anyway as the flights were really only delayed a bit and our connections allow enough time for that.

I agree about flight times Safariman, I am not keep on long flights and sadly this is 3 flights to get to Windhoek, we could have gone Frankfurt to Windhoek and cut out one but the flight connections weren't good.  Anyway we've 2 nights somewhere about an hour from Windhoek before we start the safari so time to relax and recover.

The photography should be amazing and although it's cold first thing and last thing during the day it's hot so we need options with our clothes and that's the problem, clothes or camera stuff?  Endless debate with Ali as to what we are taking  Laughing 

I am also seriously hoping my luggage arrives at the same time  cheers 

Have a good day everyone, it's not so sunny today so let's hope it gets better for the weekend.

Lai
Laikipia
Laikipia

Back to top Go down

Post  Doogs Fri Jun 27, 2014 1:34 pm

That's good news Lai  http://i70.servimg.c  I HATE long haul flights, infact I HATE flying but know I'll never get to these wonderful places that I do without doing it so I grin and bear it. We went to the West Coast of America a few years ago and that was a 13½ hour flight, I thought I'd never get there !!  Welcome to everyday Lets Talk - Page 29 615959 pale  Great you've got some time to recover from the journey before actually going on safari. I really do hope you don't have problems with your luggage again this time  Welcome to everyday Lets Talk - Page 29 615959  What day are you actually away ??

I'm off out tonight with the girls for some  http://www.picgifs.c and  drunken then after not working in the pub during the week I'm on Saturday night and Sunday day-shift, yuk ! Don't often get shifts like that and I agreed so that it would help another girl go to her mum & dads anniversary party so I've got a favour up my sleeve for the future.

Hope everyone has a good weekend.

Doogs   Group Hug  
Doogs
Doogs

Back to top Go down

Post  Laikipia Fri Jun 27, 2014 3:38 pm

I Agree  Doogs. We actually fly out Sunday late afternoon so will get to Windhoek the following afternoon  affraid  but it'll be worth it  Laughing 

Have a good night out Doogs, shame about those pub shifts  No poor you  Hugs 

Lai
Laikipia
Laikipia

Back to top Go down

Post  whitestarling Fri Jun 27, 2014 5:53 pm

In case I miss you Lai I hope you have safe, and swift flights, and your luggage arrives safely at the same time. Hmmm what to take  scratch difficult decision I'd suggest forget the clothes just take camera stuff  Welcome to everyday Lets Talk - Page 29 40683 Shame about working the weekend Doogs, but at least like you say you've got one in the bank to call on if you need it. Have a great night tonight with the Girls.

WS
whitestarling
whitestarling
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Laikipia Sat Jun 28, 2014 1:27 pm

Thanks  WS. Have a good weekend everyone and catch up in a couple of weeks.

Lai  Welcome to everyday Lets Talk - Page 29 71418 
Laikipia
Laikipia

Back to top Go down

Post  Doogs Mon Jun 30, 2014 1:24 pm

Missed you on here Lai but dropped you a text to wish you a great holiday.

Hope everyone had a good weekend. I enjoyed my night out/catch up with the girls on Fri then work on Sat night was very busy with the football, the amount of times I stocked the fridges up was ridiculous, so much so I got a whole body work out and ache like goodo !!!  Laughing  Sunday passed not too bad, we have a good bunch of regulars in in the afternoon so they helped to pass the time away.

Dull but dry up here today.

Doogs  drunken 
Doogs
Doogs

Back to top Go down

Post  Doogs Mon Jun 30, 2014 1:53 pm

Text from Lai just now to say that she . . .  and her luggage  Very Happy have arrived in Windhoek safe 'n sound and says hello to everyone  Welcome to everyday Lets Talk - Page 29 768480  
Doogs
Doogs

Back to top Go down

Post  whitestarling Mon Jun 30, 2014 5:21 pm

http://i73.servimg.c Great news that Lai & Ali have arrived safe, and sound complete with cases at Windhoek, and on time. Thanks for passing the message on Doogs.
Theres nothing worse than dead Pub shift Doogs time drags so much, and you cant stop looking at the clock, then just as your ready to close, and have had enough suddenly punters come out of the woodworks Grrrrr Mad 

WS
whitestarling
whitestarling
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Doogs Tue Jul 01, 2014 1:24 pm

You're welcome WS  cheers 

Oh tell me about a quiet pub, especially during the week when there's no footie on the TV  Welcome to everyday Lets Talk - Page 29 615959 Welcome to everyday Lets Talk - Page 29 615959 Welcome to everyday Lets Talk - Page 29 615959 Welcome to everyday Lets Talk - Page 29 615959 lol! 
Doogs
Doogs

Back to top Go down

Post  Safariman Wed Jul 02, 2014 2:30 pm

Pleased to see Lai AND her luggage have arrived safely in Namibia!!! Will have to wait now for a couple of weeks for some photos.

SM
Safariman
Safariman

Back to top Go down

Post  Doogs Tue Jul 08, 2014 1:48 pm

Hello folkies, hope everyone is good.

I've just finished a meeting os only got 15 mins of posting left during my lunch hour then that is probably going to be me for the rest of the week, apologies. Workign in the pub tonight then my weekly visit to Sid tomorrow lunchtime then the bingo at night. Couple of days leave from work on Thursday and Friday as my dad and I are heading out to see the Scottish Open which is being held in Aberdeen this year which should be good - there's some light rain Rain forecast for the Thurs but Fri should be nice  sunny 

Take care all
Doogs  drunken 
Doogs
Doogs

Back to top Go down

Post  whitestarling Sun Jul 13, 2014 6:45 pm

No worries Doogs you are really busy, catch you when you can get back on

WS
whitestarling
whitestarling
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Doogs Mon Jul 14, 2014 12:55 pm

Great time at the golf with my dad, thoroughly enjoyed it. It was very windy and a wee bit chilly on the Thursday (but at least it stayed dry) as a result dad and I both got faces that would welcome us into any Red Indian Tribe !!!  Laughing  Friday was a lot warmer, short sleeves job and we were equipped with sun tan lotion this time !!

Hope everyone had a good weekend.

Doogs  drunken 
Doogs
Doogs

Back to top Go down

Post  whitestarling Mon Jul 14, 2014 1:08 pm

Hyadoogs  affraid Ooooops sorry confused you with Hyawatha  Laughing Glad you had a good time at the Golf, I did catch some bits of it on TV, at the Pub. The weathers been a bit mixed here as well sunny one day cloudy and some rain the next

WS
whitestarling
whitestarling
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Laikipia Wed Jul 16, 2014 11:15 am

Good morning everyone,

Just a quick hello to say I'm back + my luggage from a truly amazing 2 weeks in Namibia. I got back on Sunday morning but have come back to a massive issue at work so will be AWOL for a few days but I didn't want you to think I was still not back or ignoring you all  Group Hug 

I've only 765 photos to go through and hope to do them this week so will try and post some and a slideshow in due course  Welcome to everyday Lets Talk - Page 29 71418 

Good news is we still have 7 large ducklings, 8 new baby ducklings, 6 pheasants chicks with one hen pheasant and maybe one or two belonging to another - ooooooooooh our garden wildlife is just wonderful.

Take care everyone and catch up soon.

Lai  Hugs 
Laikipia
Laikipia

Back to top Go down

Post  whitestarling Thu Jul 17, 2014 9:34 am

Welcome to everyday Lets Talk - Page 29 768480 Great to know your back safe and well along with your luggage Lai  http://www.picgifs.c Back. No rush on catching up it's important that you get work sorted out first, so just come back when your ready. We can wait with baited breath for your photos and news of your trip  Welcome to everyday Lets Talk - Page 29 40683 . It sounds like you had a really great time, and thats wonderful news on your garden wildlife. Catch you when you get back on

WS
whitestarling
whitestarling
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 29 of 40 Previous  1 ... 16 ... 28, 29, 30 ... 34 ... 40  Next