Wild About Animals
New members come, and say Hello
Plant a seed and watch it grow
Old Members why not share your news
We have loads more for you to choose
Guests your welcome to have a look
but why not sign up and then get hooked!
To All its a pleasure to have you with us

Note: New Members are expected to post within one Month of joining, and post on a fairly regular basis.

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

Wild About Animals
New members come, and say Hello
Plant a seed and watch it grow
Old Members why not share your news
We have loads more for you to choose
Guests your welcome to have a look
but why not sign up and then get hooked!
To All its a pleasure to have you with us

Note: New Members are expected to post within one Month of joining, and post on a fairly regular basis.
Wild About Animals
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Welcome to everyday Lets Talk

+5
Safariman
Doogs
WMTravellers
gregrowlerson
princesspurplehippy
9 posters

Page 28 of 40 Previous  1 ... 15 ... 27, 28, 29 ... 34 ... 40  Next

Go down

Welcome to everyday Lets Talk - Page 28 Empty Re: Welcome to everyday Lets Talk

Post  littlewid Sun May 18, 2014 9:53 pm

Welcome to everyday Lets Talk - Page 28 40683 Welcome to everyday Lets Talk - Page 28 40683 Welcome to everyday Lets Talk - Page 28 40683  I should have known you would have had a cunning plan up your sleeve WS and one that involved  http://www.picgifs.c http://www.picgifs.c   lol! ......lets hope Mrs S doesn't forget to pick you up again  affraid  Yes your new car is really great and i'm glad your both pleased with it.

Yesterday I had a lovely lunch with friends, nice food and a good old catch up and then I took my mum out for coffee in the afternoon, we went to our favourite garden centre and sat out in the sunshine.......well under a garden umbrella but it was lovely then had a really nice walk with Nero.

Today, Lara's Nanny was down so I took Lara, Nanny, Kian and my mum out to lunch at a place called Widewater Lagoon, so you have the sea on one side and then the Lagoon on the other with lots of lovely houses and some birds and Swans. We had a nice walk along there after a lovely lunch. Unfortunately I wasn't able to go to see how the swans and the egg was today because they have shut the road to the harbour because they are redoing the sea defences. Its open to the lifeboat men but that's all for the moment but hopefully next weekend I may be able to get there to see how they all are. At least with the road closed they will be safe from tourists etc but then to be honest everyone is really good to them so I would imagine they may be missing the extra feeding they get but at least the Lifeboat men will still be there to keep an eye on them.

The weather has been fantastic hasn't it, so wonderfully sunny and warm, lets hope it lasts for a bit longer.

I will catch up here more tomorrow as it's late now and I have been downloading the pictures of the kids today and a couple of videos to send to Lara & Kians Nanny, Nanna & Grandma.......I was under orders to get them loaded and sent  Welcome to everyday Lets Talk - Page 28 40683 

Have a good day tomorrow everyone.

littlewid-x-
littlewid
littlewid
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  whitestarling Tue May 20, 2014 11:23 pm

Shame you didn't get to Littlehampton LW, but it sounds as though you had a brilliant alternative, and from your description it sounds like a beautiful place to visit, and with really good company as well. Looks like you've had a really nice weekend, and that's good, as you say I'm sure that the Swans, and egg will be well looked after at Littlehampton, by everyone including the lifeboat men. Looking forward to some pics of your weekend

WS
whitestarling
whitestarling
Admin

https://wildaboutanimals.forumotion.net

Back to top Go down

Post  littlewid Thu May 22, 2014 10:08 pm

It was a shame we couldn't get to the Harbour WS but I am going to try and get there this weekend if the road is open again, hopefully it will be and if it is I will be sure to get some photo's of the swans and egg......fingers crossed.

Widewater is a lovely place and the houses come right down to the water front. My friend lives along there and I think she is really lucky. I was really taking photo's of Lara and Kian and also some of Lara and her Nanny Shirley, so I haven't really got any scenic ones WS. It's been such a mad busy week at work that I have been bringing some work home with me, so sorry I have been a bit absent on here guys but it's nearly the weekend and another Bank Holiday as well  http://i70.servimg.c 

Heres a photo of two young ones with tired legs after all the walking.

Welcome to everyday Lets Talk - Page 28 Img_1111

Hope everyone is ok and that your all having a good week.

littlewid-x-
littlewid
littlewid
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  whitestarling Sat May 24, 2014 11:40 pm

No apologies needed LW, everyone seems busy at the moment, with lai being in France, and Doogs so busy. I'm working all weekend plus Bank Holiday Monday, and I'm also helping to design new posters for the Van. Bank Holiday Humphh the weathers been awful here done nothing but pour down up till now. The kids looked shattered, but I have a sneaky feeling there's a bit of posing there by Kian  Welcome to everyday Lets Talk - Page 28 40683 .
I'm sure we'll all catch up soon

WS
whitestarling
whitestarling
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  littlewid Sun May 25, 2014 4:51 pm

It is a shame you are working all Bank Holiday WS but hopefully Mrs S is keeping you company on your journeys  Very Happy  It must be nice to be able to be in on the designing for new posters for the new van though  Welcome to everyday Lets Talk - Page 28 768480 
What a shame about your weather, it was predicted that ours wasn't going to be too nice but it has drizzled over night but so far it has been nice and sunny.

I think there was a bit of posing from both of them WS lol! but they had walked quite a way as well and Kian is always looking for a sit down, he's like a little old man sometimes  Welcome to everyday Lets Talk - Page 28 40683 

Tomorrow I am off to the Harbour, i'm taking my sister and bro in law out for lunch so I should be able to check up on the Swans and their egg, I am really hoping all is well. I will let you know tomorrow.

Hope everyone is having a good weekend.

littlewid-x-
littlewid
littlewid
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Laikipia Wed May 28, 2014 8:10 am

Good morning everyone. Sorry it's taken so long to get back online  Shocked  we got back very late Friday night and had a busy weekend and then lots of work to catch up on.

I hope everyone is okay and had a good b/h weekend. The weather today is awful  Rain  and I'm worried about all those little birds at RSPB Minsmere  What a Face really loving Springwatch though and great to see Bill Oddie again.

Have a good day.

Lai  Very Happy 

Laikipia
Laikipia

Back to top Go down

Post  whitestarling Wed May 28, 2014 11:29 pm

Welcome back Lai, hope you, and mum had a great time. No need to apologise, we know you've had a busy time, and must have lots of work to catch up on.
The weather here has not been good, but at least not the worst from what I've heard. Yes shame about the weather for the birds at Winsmere, and elsewhere just when they are getting ready to fledge, hopefully it will dry up, and they can get away.

WS
whitestarling
whitestarling
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Doogs Thu May 29, 2014 11:28 pm

http://i70.servimg.c Great to have you back Lai and I hope you had a great time away with your mum in France  sunny http://www.picgifs.c drunken  Looking forward to hearing about your trip.

It's about time I posted on this thread after being a bit AWOL last week (Wed - Sids at lunchtime/bingo ; Thurs - working at the election all day ; Fri - into town for a present for my mums 70th birthday then working at night) so didn't have as much time on here as I would have liked.

LW, I stay at my mum and dads on a Friday and Saturday night so have a bag to pack every Thursday, which reminds me, must do that after posting on here !   Great photo of Lara & Kian - they look tired out but that's a good thing as they obviously had a great day  Very Happy   Bringing work home with you - that's never good  No 

Glad you agree it was a foul WS, we were raging but it's all in the past now so onwards and upwards to next season.  I was with you working on the BH Monday, only our banks, post offices get that one off up here, very little work places were shut.  How is the poster design going ?  

Will hopefully manage a few posts tomorrow lunchtime but I need to nip out at lunchtime to get some sweets/puddings for my mums 70th party  Welcome to everyday Lets Talk - Page 28 408422  tomorrow night.  Mum & DaD are having a BBQ with about 25 people going so I said I would contribute by getting some nice things for the sweet course & I want to get some fresh stuff, nothing frozen.

The weather has been lovely up here this week, managed to cut my (rather long) grass on Tuesday (1st 'coat', it was so long it was damp the shorter it got) so I went over it again tonight and managed to get it shorter as it had dried out with the nice  sunny we've had, it's a lot more presentable now  Wink 

Right nearly 11.30pm so time to go and pack that bag of mine and get to  Sleeping 

Doogs  cheers 
Doogs
Doogs

Back to top Go down

Post  Doogs Fri May 30, 2014 2:06 pm

Puddings bought, present bought, booze bought - just to finish work and then I'll be in party mode !!   Welcome to everyday Lets Talk - Page 28 408422 

It's a beautiful day up here, perfect for mums party/BBQ tonight.  Hope the sunny  is shining for the rest of you and I hope you all have a great weekend.

Doogs  drunken 
Doogs
Doogs

Back to top Go down

Post  Laikipia Fri May 30, 2014 6:04 pm

http://i73.servimg.c  Doogs, well done and have a great time  http://www.picgifs.c http://www.picgifs.c Welcome to everyday Lets Talk - Page 28 71418 Welcome to everyday Lets Talk - Page 28 853843 drunken 

Have a great weekend everyone.

Lai
Laikipia
Laikipia

Back to top Go down

Post  whitestarling Fri May 30, 2014 6:37 pm

Glad the  sunny shining for the BBQ Doogs hope you have a great time, and don't get to  http://www.picgifs.c http://www.picgifs.c Welcome to everyday Lets Talk - Page 28 40683 . Have a great weekend everyone

WS
whitestarling
whitestarling
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Laikipia Sat Jun 07, 2014 9:53 am

Good morning everyone

I hope you've all had a good week and not too much  Lightening  today, we've just had a real storm but it passed just as quickly as it started.

I'm way behind again as we've been in London for 3 days.

Doogs I hope your weekend was fun and the BBQ went well.

We went with 3 other friends and saw a DSWT film 'The elephant to who loved to much' as it was Dame Daphne's 80th birthday.  If you've read her book you'll know the story, a real tear jerker  Sad   Benjamin who is the head keeper at Ithumba was flown over by BA (his first time out of Kenya) and after the film he did Q&As - he was brilliant, completely unfazed by 300 people, a strange country and standing up and taking questions.  It was great evening and hopefully raised lots of money for them.  At the moment they've about 30 eles in the orphanage in Nairobi  Sad 

I took Pete to see Miss Saigon, which I must admit I saw when it first came out in the 80's but Pete wanted to see it, another real  Sad  but we had a lovely 3 days break and now lots to catch up with.

Have a great weekend whatever you are up to.

Lai
Laikipia
Laikipia

Back to top Go down

Post  whitestarling Sun Jun 08, 2014 11:17 am

That sounds as though it was a great time with Benjamin, would have loved to be there. You just have to salute and admire their dedication to he orphans. Glad you had a good time in London.
We had that storm early hours of yesterday morning, then it rained most of the day, finally drying up around teatime, when the  sunny came out. It's lovely today though, hope you've all got the same

WS
whitestarling
whitestarling
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  littlewid Sun Jun 08, 2014 5:36 pm

Hello Everyone  Very Happy 

I must apologise for not being around, it's not as I planned it to be  No  I had a very busy time sorting out my jam packed garage with my neighbour, it was full to the brim with stuff and he helped me empty it as he was and is renting it, it's too small to get a car in and then get out of your car, so it's no good for me really. Anyway it took ages to clear and get rid of the stuff. Then the garage door broke so I had to sort out getting a new one and was looking around for good deals etc and now I have that sorted and it will be fitted in the next couple of weeks.....lets hope the existing door doesn't fall on my neighbour again  Embarassed 
Then Nero was poorly, so I had to sort him out, he is ok now and fighting fit again but he is very soppy when he is poorly and I was concerned about him. Then Splodge had a day at the vets for grooming, nail clipping and vaccinations and she was stuck to me like glue when she got home and there was no way that evening I was being parted from her....she made sure of that  Very Happy 
Work has been a major full on battle so slightly shattered in the evenings and then to top it I had been suffering with loads of vertigo, nausea, headaches and deafness which has been going on for a while and I had hearing tests and an MRI scan and it turns out to be Menieres disease, so now on tablets for that but they also cause sleepiness so guess who was falling asleep in the evenings whilst trying to get used to them......little ol me  Embarassed 
Today I have been out with my mum and just to finish the last few weeks off, my car broke down on the way back on a very busy duel carriage way in the blistering heat and we had to sit and wait for over an hour for the green Flag man, who then couldn't fix it. its now at my local Toyota garage and hopefully they can sort it tomorrow, so I now have a lovely headache from the heat and the sun and a lovely lupus face that is doing a good impression of a beetroot affraid 
On the good side, all the furries are fine and the fans are going in the house to keep them cool with this heat and I'M ALIVE  http://i70.servimg.c 

I am going to get my tea and flop out for the evening and watch the charity football this evening and all being well I will be back yacking and catching up tomorrow. Again I am so sorry I have not been around but hopefully things will calm down a little bit now and get back to normal.

I hope you are all ok and keeping well and I have missed you all so im really looking forward to getting back to catching up with all the news.

Have a good evening everyone.

littlewid-x-  Group Hug
littlewid
littlewid
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  whitestarling Mon Jun 09, 2014 10:50 am

affraid Flippin eck LW sounds like a script for a disaster movie, hopefully all sorted now, and as long as you, and the furries are all Ok that's all that matters. Take your time catching up, and if you nod you nod, you must need it.
Its an awful day here today pouring down, and really dark  What a Face Hope its better where you Guys are.

WS
whitestarling
whitestarling
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Laikipia Tue Jun 10, 2014 8:25 am

Big  Group Hug  Littlewid, that's some awful time you've had and are having, one thing on top of another.  Take care of yourself and the furries and don't worry about catching up, you need to get better and take time to relax.

Good to know Nero is okay and fit and well, send him a huge  I love you  from me and I hope your car gets fixed.

sunny  today but who knows how long it will last  What a Face  the weather is so changeable at the moment!

Have a good day everyone.

Lai
Laikipia
Laikipia

Back to top Go down

Post  littlewid Sun Jun 15, 2014 6:44 pm

Good Evening Everyone  Very Happy 

Lai i'm glad you and your mum had a good time in France, sorry its a bit late to mention that and the DWST evening sounds Fab and i'm so impressed that it was the first time Benjamin had been out of Kenya and he did what he did without being phased by it all, what a  Like a Star @ heaven  he is, not sure I could have done that.

How did your mums 70th Birthday go Doogs? I am sure you all had a brilliant time and if I remember right the weather was good wasn't it. You will smile Doogs, yesterday I brought another car, it's a Rav4 like my one but a newer version but the thing is, it comes out of Scotland, so I need to find a Scottish name for my new car, I get it a week on Thursday so I/we have time to think  Very Happy 

Lai, tomorrow I am off for a strictly night with Pasha and Katya. They have a show at the Pavillion, it's the two of them with their own troup of Dancers. The one mum and I went to in Brighton last year with Craig, Artem and crew was fab so I am sure this will be just as brilliant. We are both looking forward to it, I am not sure if they are coming your way or not.

I know the weather is playing havoc with Hayfever and chest complaints etc but hasn't it been glorious.......although we did apparently have a huge thunder and lightening storm Friday night into Saturday morning, but I didn't hear it but it has been real summery hasn't it and everyone is so cheerful.

I have a week of looking after my neighbours cat Katy, Adrian has gone fishing for a week with his army pals, so i'm in charge of Katy, she is a gorgeous little cat but a devil for getting in in the evenings sometimes  Very Happy 

Anyone following the world cup? I have watched a little but gave up on the England game last night as it was on so late but they are playing again on Thursday evening about 7 or 7.30 I think, I hope we do well.

Thanks for the previous well wishes guy's and I hope everyone else is ok and enjoying the sunshine  sunny 

littlewid-x-
littlewid
littlewid
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Laikipia Mon Jun 16, 2014 9:30 am

Good morning all

Welcome to everyday Lets Talk - Page 28 853843  That's sounds wonderful Littlewid, I hope you had a great time and really enjoyed Pasha and Katya, I bet it was a superb evening  Welcome to everyday Lets Talk - Page 28 71418  I will Google it and have a look as my mum would love it.

The hayfever has started, although I never used to get it but just now it's awful  What a Face 

I hope your furries enjoy having a visitor, I am sure Nero will be a great host  Very Happy 

Sadly yesterday we had a wet dull day and 20 friends for lunch  What a Face  the idea was to be outside, so it was half and half with 12 crammed into our African Breeze hut and 8 inside, we all had a fun time and drank a fair about of bubbly so perhaps no one noticed the weather  Laughing 

No football in our house as neither of us enjoy it, but it will soon be Wimbledon  Welcome to everyday Lets Talk - Page 28 71418 

Have a good day everyone.

Lai
Laikipia
Laikipia

Back to top Go down

Post  Doogs Mon Jun 16, 2014 2:06 pm

Catch up on here needed  Embarassed 

LW I hope you are a bit better and looking after yourself. I really do wish there was a fairy godmother to make your general health better 'cause you so deserve that  I love you 

Take care of yourself.

Doogs xx
Doogs
Doogs

Back to top Go down

Post  littlewid Tue Jun 17, 2014 10:04 pm

Good Evening Everyone  Very Happy 

What a shame about the weather for your lunch Lai but at least it wasn't a total wipeout and you had a good time......bubbly always helps  drunken 
Sorry to hear you are suffering with the Hayfever, I think more and more people are suffering these days with it, which is not good news.

Lai you and your mum would simply love Pasha and Katya. It was an incredible evening, so different from Craigs show in Brighton last year, that was really good but this was spectacular. They opened with the Strictly theme tune and then it was just a fab evening of loads of amazing dances. They really are superb dancers and it was so nice to see them doing what they love as two professionals. They had two other couples with them that also dance on Strictly shows from around the world and they too were amazing.
They had a little Q/A session and Katya who always seems so shy and straight on the show is so cheeky and funny, Pasha is quieter and they complement each other so well.
It was full on Ballroom with all your fav dances and the music was brilliant. They also encouraged the audience to clap and cheer whenever you want to and not wait for a dance to finish and it was a great audience and at one point they got everyone up so they could get everyone learning a strictly wiggle of the hips and at the end everyone was dancing as well.
You and your mum would love it so I hope they are coming near you, they have a 72 date tour I believe and this is the third time they have been to Worthing and I hope they are back next year.

Thank you for that little message Doogs  Group Hug  i'm ok thanks, i'm not great with the heat etc but I do love to see the sun  sunny  it makes everyone so much happier doesn't it.

I hope everyone is ok and having a good week.

littlewid-x-
littlewid
littlewid
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Laikipia Thu Jun 19, 2014 8:43 am

Good morning everyone

It sounds like a really wonderful show Littlewid, it's lovely to know what they are really like away from Strictly.

I checked out their website Littlewid, and sadly nothing near here and it only seems to have dates up to the end of June, probably means time for holidays and then Strictly training Welcome to everyday Lets Talk - Page 28 71418  I must keep an eye out for next year, in fact that would be a good thing to check out all the professionals and see who is coming to Manchester in 2015. Thanks for the tip  Welcome to everyday Lets Talk - Page 28 768480 

My big excitement is I only have another 10 sleeps until Namibia  Welcome to everyday Lets Talk - Page 28 71418  10 of us are going with J & A to about 3 or 4 different camps in Namibia ending up at CCF with Laurie Marker. It should be a really fantastic opportunity for photography.

I hope everyone is okay and not suffering too much with hayfever  Rolling Eyes  I do wish the weather would stay  sunny  and not  Rain which it's about to do.

Have a fun day.

Lai
Laikipia
Laikipia

Back to top Go down

Post  whitestarling Thu Jun 19, 2014 11:13 am

I'm struggling with the high pollen levels at the moment  What a Face . Like you Lai I never suffered before, but since last August when I had bad breathing problems, and again at Xmas. although its not hayfever. I have a mild case of COPD which has caused a slight narrowing of the airway. I've been fine since finishing my last course of steroids in march until the pollen count went up. To make things worse where we live on the caravan park, they cut the grass two, or three times a week, and we are surrounded by farms who are getting the silage, andhay in. The weather's been  sunny here for days with no rain, and although iit started cloudy the sun is getting his hat on again now.
 WOW only 10 sleeps Lai, bet you cant wait, and it sounds like a fabulous trip I'm really envious. Hopefully you'll come back with some great pics, and vids.
Hope everyone else gets our sunshine.

WS
whitestarling
whitestarling
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Laikipia Fri Jun 20, 2014 9:38 am

Thanks  WS. Sorry to hear about your hayfever and problems. That's tough for you with the grass being cut that often, what a shame. I hope things get better for you, even Pete is suffering so we've decided it must really be a bad year as so many people now have a pollen problem.

Have a good day everyone - let's hope for  sunny  we keep missing out here  What a Face and only get half days!

Lai
Laikipia
Laikipia

Back to top Go down

Post  whitestarling Fri Jun 20, 2014 11:51 pm

Sorry Guys haven't been able to post today. Got home from work, and the field behind our cottage had been cut for the hay, and my eyes are streaming.

WS
whitestarling
whitestarling
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Laikipia Sun Jun 22, 2014 11:36 am

affraid  WS - I hope you're a bit better today  cheers 

We were at the Arley Garden festival yesterday on the Wirral and Cheshire Badger Group stand so I didn't have a chance to catch up.

Hope everyone is enjoying the  sunny 

Lai  http://i77.servimg.c 
Laikipia
Laikipia

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 28 of 40 Previous  1 ... 15 ... 27, 28, 29 ... 34 ... 40  Next