Wild About Animals
New members come, and say Hello
Plant a seed and watch it grow
Old Members why not share your news
We have loads more for you to choose
Guests your welcome to have a look
but why not sign up and then get hooked!
To All its a pleasure to have you with us

Note: New Members are expected to post within one Month of joining, and post on a fairly regular basis.

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

Wild About Animals
New members come, and say Hello
Plant a seed and watch it grow
Old Members why not share your news
We have loads more for you to choose
Guests your welcome to have a look
but why not sign up and then get hooked!
To All its a pleasure to have you with us

Note: New Members are expected to post within one Month of joining, and post on a fairly regular basis.
Wild About Animals
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Welcome to everyday Lets Talk

+5
Safariman
Doogs
WMTravellers
gregrowlerson
princesspurplehippy
9 posters

Page 30 of 40 Previous  1 ... 16 ... 29, 30, 31 ... 35 ... 40  Next

Go down

Welcome to everyday Lets Talk - Page 30 Empty Re: Welcome to everyday Lets Talk

Post  Doogs Thu Jul 17, 2014 1:22 pm

http://i70.servimg.c http://i70.servimg.c http://i70.servimg.c http://i70.servimg.c http://i70.servimg.c http://i70.servimg.c  Great to have you back Lai  Hugs and how fab you're luggage has also arrived back with you  Very Happy 

Not so good to come back to work problems  Crying or Very sad  I hope you manage to get things sorted out quickly.

Great to hear you've taken lots of photos (that was expected  Wink )

Brilliant news that the garden wildlife is blooming, you must be delighted with that  cheers 

Looking forward to hearing all about your trip in due course.

Doogs  drunken 
Doogs
Doogs

Back to top Go down

Post  gregrowlerson Sun Jul 20, 2014 11:27 am

http://i70.servimg.c indeedy! Leopard Lai is back!

And with luggage?  I dont get it 

Laughing 

Take some photos to post of your beautiful backyard wildlife also! Sounds brilliant  cheers 

GR  Welcome to everyday Lets Talk - Page 30 2224760601 
gregrowlerson
gregrowlerson

Back to top Go down

Post  Laikipia Fri Jul 25, 2014 8:58 am

Good morning everyone

Sorry I am still AWOL.  I think it has been a seriously tough week here.

WS and Doogs, thanks for your messages on FB about Rosie.  Happily she is back and well and oblivious to all, except that the next day she stayed with me and didn't run off so maybe gave herself a scare  Shocked 

Photos - a disaster happened.  They all vanished from Lightroom, neither Pete or I know what happened, and my back up was only the catalogue not the photos and I had deleted my smartdisc and memory cards  Rolling Eyes  There's a lesson in there I know!

I now have a recovery programme and have about 70% back and I am still trying to get the rest.  It is total chaos and quite funny really.  So one day I will post some photos but not for a while.  

As for work, well I am now without a General Manager and so rather too fully occupied just now  What a Face 

Hoping everyone else is okay and enjoying this glorious weather.

Have a great weekend and fingers crossed next week may calm down and I might get to say hello on WAA  cheers 

Lai   Group Hug
Laikipia
Laikipia

Back to top Go down

Post  Safariman Sun Jul 27, 2014 2:37 pm

Sorry to hear about the problems with work and your photos Lai, it must have taken the gloss off what must have been a great trip.
I have never used Lightroom so can't help on any retrieval ideas!! I have a Mac and tend to only use the i-photo software provided. However with my "best" photos, if I work on them even just to crop them I will make a duplicate first and then make any changes to the duplicate. I always used to back-up my pics onto a cd or dvd but now the file sizes are getting too big to do this although I do have all my photos (30,000+) on a separate hard disc in case I have problems with my computer. Also I will keep the photos on a memory card until I am sure I need to delete them often this is until I go away again. Memory cards are so cheap now it is almost worthwhile always getting a new card!! Hope you manage to retrieve the photos and are able to share them with us.

SM
Safariman
Safariman

Back to top Go down

Post  Doogs Mon Jul 28, 2014 1:04 pm

Hi Lai, glad to hear that about Rosie, hopefully it did give her a wee scare and she won't do that again any time soon !

Oh my word about your photos  Sad  but sounds like you are well on your way to recovering them all, here's hoping you do.

Like you Safariman I just buy new memory cards and do erase the ones I've alread got as they are not dear.

I remember I lost all my photo from my first visit to Kenya in 2006 when someone was flicking through my camera and deleted them all, I cried a lof of tears when that happened !!!  Crying or Very sad 
Doogs
Doogs

Back to top Go down

Post  whitestarling Mon Jul 28, 2014 1:36 pm

Don't worry about coming on Lai work comes first, hopefully you'll get it sorted soon. That's a real shame about your photos, hopefully you can get them sorted soon and you don't loose to many. Glad to hear that Rosies safe, and well

WS
whitestarling
whitestarling
Admin

https://wildaboutanimals.forumotion.net

Back to top Go down

Post  Laikipia Tue Jul 29, 2014 8:47 am

Good morning all

Well I think I've retrieved all I can with my photos. I've lost a lot but a great reason to go back  cheers  all my video clips are gone, not that they were up to much as I don't really do video. Anyway, Angie has shared via Dropbox some of the people shots and so I will still have a nice selection. Hoping now to actually go through my 346. Re the CF cards, my camera takes both CF and SD. I needed faster cards anyway so have now got 32gbs and will make sure I don't delete anything for ages!

Off to London for the day so catch up soon.

Enjoy the sunshine.

Lai  Very Happy 
Laikipia
Laikipia

Back to top Go down

Post  Doogs Tue Jul 29, 2014 1:19 pm

Oh my Lai, I'm so glad you've got some back but so disappointing to lose some & also your videos  Crying or Very sad 

Glad also that Angie has shared some of her shots with you.

Enjoy London  Welcome to everyday Lets Talk - Page 30 853843 

Doogs
Doogs

Back to top Go down

Post  whitestarling Wed Jul 30, 2014 11:34 pm

http://i73.servimg.c You got some back, and also some from Angie to show us. Hope you had a great day in London

WS
whitestarling
whitestarling
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Laikipia Thu Jul 31, 2014 8:15 am

Good morning everyone

London was great thanks, just lunch with a friend, we were at school together aged 12 onwards so have known each other for simply ages  Laughing 

I'm just sorting what's left of my photos and will post some next week hopefully. Angie's are people shots not her stunning landscape, wildlife sadly! Anyway, it's lovely that she's shared them because I am missing so many  What a Face 

The weather's really odd, London was  sunny and 26 and Cheshire is dull and much colder  Shocked  but hopefully better today  cheers 

Hope everyone is okay and enjoying the summer

Lai
Laikipia
Laikipia

Back to top Go down

Post  Doogs Thu Jul 31, 2014 1:01 pm

Yes that was nice of Angie.

Was there anyone else on the trip Lai that would send you a copy of their photos ?

What about what Ali captured ?
Doogs
Doogs

Back to top Go down

Post  whitestarling Thu Jul 31, 2014 11:05 pm

Glad you had a good catch up Lai. Don't worry about your photos just do what you can, at least you have your memories

WS
whitestarling
whitestarling
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Laikipia Sat Aug 02, 2014 11:45 am

Good morning from a wet and grey day in Cheshire.

Yes, happily Doogs, various people have offered and to be honest with Angie's people shots we've covered the 'Sea of Sands'  the most amazing dunes that about 20 people a year get to visit, which is great as all mine are missing.

Ali is sorting her's just now and is sending some through so all in all I will be fine for memories and have learned a hard lesson!  I've got new faster cards now and will backup properly and probably put them on my PC at work as well  Very Happy 

I'm thinking what a great reason to go back with J & A next year if they get a trip together to both Namibia and Botswana which they are hoping to do.  They'll be at Birdfair in a couple of weeks time so a good time to hear their plans for 2015.

I'm going to post a few photos from our day at CCF of those beautiful cheetahs so hope to do that later.

Have a great weekend.

Lai
Laikipia
Laikipia

Back to top Go down

Post  Laikipia Thu Aug 14, 2014 8:10 am

Good morning everyone

I hope you've all been keeping well and enjoying the summer weather?  What has happened to it  What a Face 

Sorry I've been so quiet, Pete and I went to Prague for 5 days which was lovely, but seriously hot for sightseeing.  Definitely somewhere to go in the spring or autumn as I really don't like the heat (unless it's Africa  Very Happy )

We're off to see Chris Packham tonight, he's doing something locally which is lovely and then tomorrow we're off to Birdfair for a couple of days so time to catch up with Johnny and Angie and some other friends so that should be fun.

Last night we released 3 tawny owls which the RSPCA brought over early evening and left with us.  Pete and I released them about 9pm and they were just magnificent.  So beautiful and I've never been that close to a wild owl.  Such silent and graceful birds and we watched all 3 fly off into the night.  Fingers crossed they survive now they are released back to the wild.  We've quite a few round here so we know it's good habitat for them.  Later on in the year we're releasing foxes again and they will be wearing collars so can be tracked.

The really great news is we're going to be vaccinating badgers here, we're got 3 farmers to agree which is wonderful news.  Pete and I are still waiting to go on a course to be vaccinators but that may not be until next year.  In the meantime we'll be baiting the traps and learning what to do.

Have a great weekend everyone and don't work too hard Doogs Group Hug and WS if you are working over the weekend.

Lai  Hugs
Laikipia
Laikipia

Back to top Go down

Post  Doogs Thu Aug 14, 2014 1:27 pm

Hi Lai, yes it has changed a good bit but it's not cold, just a wee bit wet !

One of the guys in my work just returned from Prague on Tuesday so you were probably there at the same time !  He also said it was very hot.  Lovely place, went there 9 years ago, would love to go back.

Your night with Chris Packham sounds good and great that you are getting to catch up with Johnny, Angie & some other friends so at the Birdfair  cheers 

Oooh how wonderful you were able to release 3 tawny owls from your grounds, that must have been amazing.  I too hope they stay safe and well  Hugs 

Really pleased for you re the Bdgers as I know how much that means to you and how wonderful you are going to learn how to vaccinate them, well done you two  Very Happy 

Had a bit of an up and down week here.  Attended a funeral on Tuesday for a close family friend, esp to my sister, bro-in-law and two nephews.  Cancer took the life of a lovely lovely man who had just turned 30 the week before, incredibly sad.  He leaves behind a wife and a two year old.  Also my old neighbour Sid hasn't been well this week so having to keep an eye on him, he's got some antibiotics for a bad chest cold so hopefully that will clear it for him.  When you get to 94 you worry about these things.

Nae a great weekend for me coming up as yes Lai I'm working, Friday night and all day Sunday, yuk !!  I think we're a bit short staffed which is why I'm having to do two shifts at the weekend.  Will hopefully manage a few  drunken on Saturday tho to break things up !!!

Doogs
Doogs
Doogs

Back to top Go down

Post  Laikipia Sun Aug 17, 2014 9:54 am

Group Hug  All round Doogs, sounds like not only work taking over but what an incredibly sad funeral that must have been for you all. I hope Sid is getting better not good to be with a chest infection at 94.

We had a fantastic 2 days at Birdfair and really enjoyed spending time with friends - we got a bit carried away with more photography kit etc and loved looking at all the birding type holidays you can do all over the world. One day I really want to do that it's just when  Laughing  we also heard Simon King talking which was great and of course Johnny.

Today's raining so who knows what we're up to, maybe some photo management!

Have a good Sunday everyone.

Lai
Laikipia
Laikipia

Back to top Go down

Post  whitestarling Mon Aug 18, 2014 12:26 am

I see your working to hard again Doogs  No Terrible when someone that age is taken away so early in life. Hope by now Sids recovering OK.
Sounds like you had fun Lai, great to catch up with Jonathan, Angie, and other friends, and an extra plus with Chris, and hearing Simon talk as well. You do realise your not going to have any room at all for clothes on your next Safari trip with all the extra photo kit you now hyave don't you  lol! . Fantastic job by the Cheshire group to get those farmers to have the badgers vaccinated, and a big  Welcome to everyday Lets Talk - Page 30 768480 on releasing the Tanwy Owls, fingers X all three do well. Weathers not been to bad here, some odd showers, but not to much, although very windy.

WS
whitestarling
whitestarling
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  whitestarling Mon Aug 18, 2014 12:26 am

I see your working to hard again Doogs  No Terrible when someone that age is taken away so early in life. Hope by now Sids recovering OK.
Sounds like you had fun Lai, great to catch up with Jonathan, Angie, and other friends, and an extra plus with Chris, and hearing Simon talk as well. You do realise your not going to have any room at all for clothes on your next Safari trip with all the extra photo kit you now hyave don't you  lol! . Fantastic job by the Cheshire group to get those farmers to have the badgers vaccinated, and a big  Welcome to everyday Lets Talk - Page 30 768480 on releasing the Tanwy Owls, fingers X all three do well. Weathers not been to bad here, some odd showers, but not to much, although very windy.

WS
whitestarling
whitestarling
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Doogs Thu Sep 04, 2014 1:58 pm

Just to say I won't be around tomorrow as I've got a works day out which entails lots of fun, food and a few drunken - so much better than working. Chances are I won't be on over the weekend either, working on both Sat and Sun in the pub !!

Have a good weekend all.

Doogs
Doogs
Doogs

Back to top Go down

Post  whitestarling Thu Sep 04, 2014 4:28 pm

OK Doogs have a fun day, hope the boss is paying lol! Don't work to hard over the weekend
WS
whitestarling
whitestarling
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Doogs Mon Sep 08, 2014 1:26 pm

Hope everyone had a good weekend cheers

We had a fun day on Friday but it was very, very wet Rain so those of us who were doing outside activities got soaked Crying or Very sad Thankfully most of us had spare clean/dry clothes so it wasn't too much of a problem. Even better, yes WS the bosses were paying, free bar for a good few hours cheers drunken
Doogs
Doogs

Back to top Go down

Post  whitestarling Mon Sep 08, 2014 2:39 pm

http://i73.servimg.c now thats the sort of team bonding exercise I like. Errrrrrr not the outside bit with the Raining the bit with the http://www.picgifs.c
WS
whitestarling
whitestarling
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Doogs Tue Sep 09, 2014 1:39 pm

I knew exactly what you meant WS Wink Wink Wink Wink Wink drunken http://www.picgifs.c
Doogs
Doogs

Back to top Go down

Post  Laikipia Sun Sep 14, 2014 2:42 pm

Good afternoon everyone

I hope you've all had a good week, sorry I forgot to mention we were going to Norway with my mum for a week silent We went on a Saga ship (and yes it really does stand for 'Send a Granny abroad') ... certainly a different experience! My mum who is 85 said the other passengers were too old for her Laughing

Sadly a lot of the passengers got a gastro thing and were cabin bound and we all had to sanitise our hands every time we moved anywhere! Mmmm I shall say no more on this but I don't think Saga is for us What a Face

Catch up next week, my mum's coming over this afternoon to watch the Strictly show from last Sunday when they all meet their partners. I now have to admit to knowing someone who is taking part What a Face but won't say who just yet Laughing

Lai
Laikipia
Laikipia

Back to top Go down

Post  Doogs Mon Sep 15, 2014 1:14 pm

Oh my word Lai that sounds well quite an experience !!! affraid How wonderful your mum is such a young 85 and put those other to shame, good on her cheers

Ooooh LW is going to be pestering you to find out who that is !!! Very Happy Welcome to everyday Lets Talk - Page 30 40683

Doogs
Doogs

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 30 of 40 Previous  1 ... 16 ... 29, 30, 31 ... 35 ... 40  Next