Wild About Animals
New members come, and say Hello
Plant a seed and watch it grow
Old Members why not share your news
We have loads more for you to choose
Guests your welcome to have a look
but why not sign up and then get hooked!
To All its a pleasure to have you with us

Note: New Members are expected to post within one Month of joining, and post on a fairly regular basis.

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

Wild About Animals
New members come, and say Hello
Plant a seed and watch it grow
Old Members why not share your news
We have loads more for you to choose
Guests your welcome to have a look
but why not sign up and then get hooked!
To All its a pleasure to have you with us

Note: New Members are expected to post within one Month of joining, and post on a fairly regular basis.
Wild About Animals
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Welcome to everyday Lets Talk

+5
Safariman
Doogs
WMTravellers
gregrowlerson
princesspurplehippy
9 posters

Page 35 of 40 Previous  1 ... 19 ... 34, 35, 36 ... 40  Next

Go down

Welcome to everyday Lets Talk - Page 35 Empty Re: Welcome to everyday Lets Talk

Post  littlewid Mon Jan 12, 2015 5:41 pm

Good Evening Everyone

Just heard on the radio, right this minute they were are expected to get gusts of 65mph this evening affraid mind you it's been dreadful all day and the past few days as well, so it's not big news really......but still not nice at all but I think other parts have had it worse than us.
Hope everyone is ok and staying safe.

I text Lai too before she went.......she still had packing to do on the morning she left affraid but she is a seasoned safarier so im sure she was fine. Good to know she had arrived safely and had already seen two White Rhino http://i70.servimg.c I'm sure she and Pete will have a smashing time.

I've been quiet at the end of last week, my Mum had that dreadful flu thing so I was making sure she was ok and all that stuff, so not much time to get on here but she is feeling much better now and I took her and my friend and her husband out to lunch on Saturday which was really nice, poor Paul had to put up with three women albino albino albino Welcome to everyday Lets Talk - Page 35 40683 and then on Sunday we went into town and had coffee and a wander round the shops slowly but it was nice for my mum to get out again and get some fresh sea breeze in her lungs......our towns right on the seafront so it was very blowy ........bad afro day!!!!!!

Back to work today........Mondays come round so quick don't they Razz

Sounds as though you had a great time in Glasgow with your friend Doogs......were the yawns due to drunken or not enough Sleeping , either way i'm glad you had a good time Group Hug

Mrs S's phone sounds brilliant WS......I'll have to text her so she can do a voice text back Welcome to everyday Lets Talk - Page 35 853843 ......new microwaves and phones.......sounds like Christmas all over again in your house bounce

Right off to get my tea and then back later for catching up.

Have a good evening everyone and stay safe in the wet windy weather or as WS so aptly puts it WWW lol!

littlewid-x-
littlewid
littlewid
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Safariman Wed Jan 14, 2015 11:47 am

Good morning everyone.

Off to Kenya in the morning (weather permitting), just checked-in on line and this time tomorrow I should be on my way. Back on the 26th.

Pleased to see Lai has arrived safely although I will be staying in a different area.

Hope everyone manages to survive this awful and unpredictable weather>

Must go and start my packing although that shouldn't take long with a 15 kilo max!!

Hopefully I will return with lots more photos, videos and stories to post.

SM
Safariman
Safariman

Back to top Go down

Post  whitestarling Wed Jan 14, 2015 12:17 pm

Sounds like you had a nice time LW, hope Paul is doing OK in rehabilitation lol! . Good to know Lai, and Pete arrived safely. Hope you've recovered from the self induced yawns Doogs Welcome to everyday Lets Talk - Page 35 40683 . You have a safe trip too SM, and I'm sure you'll come back with yet more great photos, and stories to keep us entertained through the next few cold miserable weather. We had our first snow yesterday, but fortunately it was for only 10 mins so not to bad. More gales forecast on the way, so it looks like more WWW.
Stay safe and warm everyone

WS
whitestarling
whitestarling
Admin

https://wildaboutanimals.forumotion.net

Back to top Go down

Post  littlewid Wed Jan 14, 2015 5:43 pm

Good Evening One and All Very Happy

Safariman, have a lovely trip and hopefully the weather will be kind to you tomorrow so you can take off on time and not waste any days of your holiday.
Really looking forward to all the stories and photo's and video's on your return, they always put a huge smile on my face.
Safe trip there and back and look forward to catching up on your return.
Have fun Very Happy

Yep Paul has recovered WS lol! He is an ex Farmer and used to working with beautiful Heffers so he is used to the ladies and all their albino and noise ...........not that i'm liking Mum, Linda and Myself to Heffers affraid No No

Well they reckon 75mph winds tonight here, I really hope that is not the case but I left work at 3.30 and I work in Worthing Hospital which is right near the seafront and it was quite calm, when I got home at 4 it was a wee bit windy, just walked Nero and it's already getting up a gust, so the hatches are battened down and i'm not going out again No No
I hope everyone stays safe this evening if it does get bad where you are and fingers crossed there is no damage. Lets hope that WAA doesn't suffer too much WWW Very Happy

Right going to sort my tea and then back on later for a catch up and to see if there is any news I can post, so toodleoo for now Very Happy

littlewid-x-
littlewid
littlewid
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Doogs Thu Jan 15, 2015 2:12 pm

Sorry folks, a quick few posts today as I had a number of emails to send at lunchtime and didn't manage on yesterday due to a funeral (3rd one in a month Crying or Very sad ) . . . will be back on tomorrow as I'm working in the pub tonight http://www.picgifs.c

Doogs drunken

PS . . . . You'll probably be away but have a fantastic time Safariman Welcome to everyday Lets Talk - Page 35 853843
Doogs
Doogs

Back to top Go down

Post  whitestarling Sun Jan 18, 2015 11:20 am

Sorry I haven't been on. I've got the dreaded lurgy, and its gone on my chest again, will catch up asap

WS
whitestarling
whitestarling
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Doogs Mon Jan 19, 2015 1:07 pm

Oh no, not again WS No - you take care and look after yourself Group Hug
Doogs
Doogs

Back to top Go down

Post  littlewid Tue Jan 20, 2015 5:47 pm

Good Evening one and All Very Happy

WS poor you, that's really not good, especially as it's gone to your chest.......remember it's lots of warm drinks you need not the http://www.picgifs.c lol!  I hope you will soon be feeling better but take it easy as it does take quite a while to get over it properly, so don't rush things my friend, you look after yourself. I hope Mrs S hasn't got it as well. Sending Group Hug  to you WS.

It was mad busy at work last week hence my little absence but this week should be quieter with any luck. Luckily we didn't have any snow this morning, some place around us did and I met it on my way to work, not much but the first snow of the year, I think it was just a tad too cold here to snow, we were -2 this morning........not as cold as Scotland Doogs, I hope your fairing ok up there. I imagine it's pretty cold in Wales as well WS.......looks like Lai and SM have had the right idea buzzing off to Kenya Welcome to everyday Lets Talk - Page 35 40683

Paul O'Grady on the TV tonight at 9 on ITV with his Animal Orphans so I imagine a few of us will be watching that, his last series was fab. Also Winterwatch which numpty forgot about last night so I need to catch that one on catch up.......where was my brain yesterday Welcome to everyday Lets Talk - Page 35 615959

My PC had a little brain storm just now, it did a massive catch up then explorer went made and just kept opening page after page after page after page, when it eventually stopped I had a mahoosive amount to close then had to shut down and start again......don't pc's just drive you dotty geek

Right i'm off to get my tea sorted now and then I will be back later for a catch up.

Have a good evening every one, stay warm in this arctic weather

littlewid-x-
littlewid
littlewid
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  whitestarling Tue Jan 20, 2015 6:07 pm

Thanks Doogs and LW. I am feeling really rough at the moment, lots of rubbish again in my airways. I had some steroids left from my last bout 18 so I'm taking 4 a day for 4 days and then 2 on the last fingers X they will clear it, plus my 2 inhalers are helping which I didn't have last time, if they don't I will go back to the Docs for a full course. Thanks for the advice about warm drinks LW, I'm now microwaving my http://www.picgifs.c Will be back asap
WS
whitestarling
whitestarling
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  littlewid Wed Jan 21, 2015 5:17 pm

How did I know you would come back with something like that WS Welcome to everyday Lets Talk - Page 35 40683 trust you Welcome to everyday Lets Talk - Page 35 768480 Hope you are feeling a little better today.....if not.....back to the Dr's my friend.

Did anyone watch POG Animal Orphans last night? ........ brilliant as usual and I remembered to watch Winterwatch.........gorgeous Red Squirrels.

Been rather drizzly here today, not as cold as yesterday but it's still pretty miserable and just had a wet walk with Nero but now we are in the warm and dry http://i70.servimg.c

Hope everyone is ok and having a good week.

littlewid-x-
littlewid
littlewid
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  littlewid Thu Jan 22, 2015 5:22 pm

Good Evening Everyone Very Happy

How you all doing? I hope you are all having a good week.

No gossip from me today, just a busy day at work but it's one day away from Friday http://i70.servimg.c Just been for a nice walk with Nero and it's not too cold out there at the moment but it's due to be a cold night I believe. The ice always seems to appear over night so there is lots of de-icing the cars in the morning.

I wonder how Lai and Safariman are getting on with their Safari's........hopefully they are having a ball and taking lots of photo's so they can cheer us in this winter weather.

Hope you are feeling a wee bit better today WS ........ are the warm http://www.picgifs.c http://www.picgifs.c helping Welcome to everyday Lets Talk - Page 35 40683

Have a good evening everyone.

littlewid-x-
littlewid
littlewid
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Laikipia Sun Jan 25, 2015 10:10 am

Good morning everyone - just a quick hello and to say we're back. I will catch up properly later but hope you've all survived the horrendous weather that my mum was telling me about whilst we were enjoying the intense heat Shocked WS I hope you're better now and taking it easy.

We had an absolutely brilliant time and our 12 nights away just flew by, so many wonderful experiences and lovely people and camps. I've just downloaded my photos not too many this time, I am getting picky, but over 500 to sort through and some video clips.

Highlights of the trip, 2 males lions fighting and being with a sick ele in the bush whilst it was darted and treated - that was completely amazing!

More in the proper section later.

Catch up soon and enjoy your Sunday everyone.

Lai Group Hug
Laikipia
Laikipia

Back to top Go down

Post  whitestarling Sun Jan 25, 2015 6:14 pm

Hi Guys sorry I've awol for so long. I started with the nose throat cold, then caught a sinus bug as well which has really troubled my breathing, so been a bit rough. I have been taking it slow, not been moderating on WE TV, but because I have to keep getting up with coughing fits I've been up at all odd hours, so I have caught some really interesting clips on the drives inc leopards lions a plenty. Also an extremely dangerous encounter for Marc Wiener our old favourite presenter from the drives we used to watch which will be a lesson to all of you that go on safari, that even experienced guides, and trackers can get it wrong, just need to upload the video on you tube which I will do in the next couple of days. Glad you had a great time away Lai looking forward to seeing your pics ect when your all sorted out. Hopefully you've had a nice quiet weekend LW after a busy weel and the weathers been kind to you, not to much frost scraping. Hopefully catch up a bit and post some vids of the drive over the next couple of days

WS
whitestarling
whitestarling
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Safariman Mon Jan 26, 2015 10:53 am

Hi Everyone, back from my safari to Mara North. The BA flight from Nairobi touched down at 05.30 this morning and I was back home and making a cup of tea by 06.20!! Decided I might as well get all my jobs done straightaway so the washing machine was first then a quick trip to Tesco's for some supplies and as I am writing this I am also downloading my photos of which there about 1000+ stills and about 450+ video clips so it is going to keep me busy for some time. I had a great time with some incredible sightings; managed to catch up with Malaika and her four cubs as well as one of Notches sons on a buffalo kill. The Acacia pride in the Mara North Conservancy have managed to produce 23 new cubs since the new males took over ranging from 2weeks to 2 months so plenty of photos of tiny lion cubs.Including a confrontation between a lion cub and a herd of buffalos!!

Looking forward to seeing Lai's pics from Laikipia glad that she had a great time.

Sorry to hear that you are under the weather WS, you definitely need to keep warm and drink plenty although I am not sure what of!!!

Will start posting on my trip as soon as possible with a drip feed of pics and stories.

Must go as the second load of washing has just finished and I am not sure how I will ever get it all dry!!

SM
Safariman
Safariman

Back to top Go down

Post  Doogs Mon Jan 26, 2015 1:15 pm

Welcome to everyday Lets Talk - Page 35 71418 Yeah Lai and Safariman are back Welcome to everyday Lets Talk - Page 35 71418 and sounds like you both had an amazing time Welcome to everyday Lets Talk - Page 35 853843 Looking forward to hearing about your adventures once you've both found your feet.

Apologies for being AWOL last Thursday/Friday but I was out of the office at a First Aid Refresher Course so that's me up to date with any procedures I may (but hope I don't) have to do.

Lovely bright, sunny but cold day here . . . I believe the snow is coming back mid week affraid

I've recorded POG LW but not had the chance to watch it yet.

You sound as though you are better WS but not fully recovered, you take care and I hope you're back to 100% very soon Group Hug

Doogs
Doogs

Back to top Go down

Post  littlewid Mon Jan 26, 2015 5:35 pm

So wonderful to have Lai and Safariman back with us http://i70.servimg.c http://i70.servimg.c http://i70.servimg.c As Doogs say's it seems as though you have both had an amazing time with lots of wonderful tales to tell. It must have been hard seeing the sick ele though Lai but lovely that you got to stay with it. That kind of thing really sticks with you doesn't it. I bet it was quite something and scary to see two male Lions fighting. Looking forward to all the pics and news.
You have missed some awful weather but don't worry its getting cold again at the end of the week with possible Snowing Lovely to have you back and you know what little lovelies I am waiting for news on Very Happy .......when you get time and news yourself.

Safariman sounds as though you have had a ball too and i'm pleased you got to see one of Notch's sons and also Malaika and her cubs and also good news about the Acacia pride.....looking forward to all the stories and pictures........drip feeding is good as it makes the excitement last longer......I'm also hoping for some wildlie Boys, Buff Boys and Hippos and lots of lovely bird pics.......I don't ask for much lol!
You sound as though you were on over drive this morning with all that washing and shopping........hope your not too worn out this evening. It's great to have you back.

Glad your feeing a bit better WS, you've had a rough time so I'm pleased your on the mend and your right to take it slowly, we don't want you going mad........or madder than usual Welcome to everyday Lets Talk - Page 35 40683 but when you are feeling up to it, it will be lovely to see the clips you have managed to capture of WE. That Marc one souds interesting but possibly very scary affraid

I had a good but quiet weekend. went into work on Saturday morning then went to see my mum and yesterday we discovered a new coffee shop called Teddies, I think the lady who owns it is Australian. The cakes and food are amazing and such an assortment of Teas of Coffees, you and your mum would like it Lai. She has lovely food that is for sale and there is also the assortment of gorgeous Teddies around the place. It's a little more expensive than some places but well worth it. It's in Shoreham on the harbour by the Yatch club so lovely views as well.

Hope everyone else had a good weekend and have a lovely evening. Will catch up a little more later.

littlewid-x-
littlewid
littlewid
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Laikipia Tue Jan 27, 2015 8:16 am

Good morning everyone

Welcome back Safariman, good to hear you had a great time and enjoyed catching up with all our favourite big cats.

WS - keep warm and look after yourself, I get sinus problems and it's awful so you needs lots of R & R and some hot toddies.

Teddies sounds wonderful Littlewid, I may have to find an excuse to pass through there one of these days Welcome to everyday Lets Talk - Page 35 853843

Sorry I may be very slow with photos and clips, much catching up to do at work and in London Thursday and Friday so probably the weekend, but I know Safariman will be sharing his photos and clips soon Welcome to everyday Lets Talk - Page 35 768480

Hope everyone has a good day, it's not cold here just wet today.

Lai
Laikipia
Laikipia

Back to top Go down

Post  whitestarling Wed Jan 28, 2015 11:00 am

Welcome back SM, glad you had a great trip, by the sound of it, and looking forward to seeing your pics, videos, and stories plenty of them to drip feed to us, on those counts, and a very efficient return as well.
Lai I think you should have kidnapped SM at the airport, so he could have sorted out all your stuff lol!
Glad you had a nice weekend with your Mum, and Teddies sounds nice LW.
Feeling better day by day now so keeping my fingers x

WS
whitestarling
whitestarling
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  whitestarling Tue Feb 03, 2015 11:15 am

Sorry I've not been on but, had a bit of a relapse on, but it looks like its been quiet anyway.

WS
whitestarling
whitestarling
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Doogs Tue Feb 03, 2015 1:14 pm

Hakuna Matata WS cheers
Doogs
Doogs

Back to top Go down

Post  Laikipia Wed Feb 04, 2015 4:45 pm

Good afternoon everyone

Apologies again for being AWOL - I may be gone some time, lots of work issues but I am determined to post a few photos soon. Meantime Safariman is doing us proud with his wonderful pics and clips Welcome to everyday Lets Talk - Page 35 71418

WS I'm so sorry to hear you are still bad - take care of yourself, it's cold and snowy out there!

Doogs just seen you had an issue with Mara Intrepids? Sorry to hear that and hope you won't be put off going back?

Must dash, the dogs need walking and feeding .... http://i77.servimg.c dog Scottie

Lai
Laikipia
Laikipia

Back to top Go down

Post  littlewid Thu Feb 05, 2015 4:29 pm

Lai i'm sorry to hear  that work is still being an issues. You take all the time you need to get things sorted, we will all be here when things are calmer for you Group Hug

Sorry I didn't realise I had been gone for as long as I have. Work is more settled but still very mad and worked some over time so that's held me up and I've had a few hospital appointments with my mum, she's ok nothing major but stuff needing sorting and had a few GP appts with her as well in the evenings. Also been keeping an eye on Tiga, he has been a little not 100% and been to the vets today, all may be ok and he is just getting old for a Large cat or he could have a cardiomyopathy, enlarged heart. He needs to go for a chest x-ray and I am hoping all is clear and he is just showing signs of getting older but at least if it is the latter he can go on meds. The x-ray is next Friday so I will let you know how he gets on.

I will be on over the weekend and hopefully this evening to catch up and also have a look at Safarimans trip photo's, its also that just lately as soon as I have been able to sit down, Tiga has been on my lap sleeping and there has been no moving him off and to be honest, I haven't wanted to I love you

Snowed here this morning but it didn't settle which is good as it turns our ring into a skating rink affraid

Hope everyone is keeping well and I hope you are feeling much better WS.

Have a great evening everyone

littlewid-x-
littlewid
littlewid
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  whitestarling Thu Feb 05, 2015 5:44 pm

Sorry to hear Tiga's not 100% hope he's going to be OK, there are always little problems with our cats as they gey older, hopefully everything will turn out fine, and I hope everything with your Mum does to. Lai work always comes first so I hope you get things sorted. Feeling a bit better thanks everyone.

WS
whitestarling
whitestarling
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Laikipia Thu Feb 05, 2015 6:42 pm

Group Hug to Tiga Littlewid, sorry to hear the news, fingers crossed for the xray. Good to know you're feeling a little better WS i hope you're wrapping up warm and not overdoing it.

Plans for work coming along so hopefully in 6 months or so I can go part time again http://i70.servimg.c http://www.picgifs.c Welcome to everyday Lets Talk - Page 35 2224760601 all work and no play is seriously dull and I miss WAA

Lai
Laikipia
Laikipia

Back to top Go down

Post  whitestarling Fri Feb 13, 2015 6:03 pm

Sorry I haven't been on, but I've started my Add/Mobile job again this weekend, so its been a week of meetings, planning, and form filling in Rolling Eyes . Hope Tigs OK LW Rolling Eyes . Fingers X for you going part time Lai, it will be good for you. Hope everyone has a good weekend end, and the weather improves for us all

WS
whitestarling
whitestarling
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 35 of 40 Previous  1 ... 19 ... 34, 35, 36 ... 40  Next