Wild About Animals
New members come, and say Hello
Plant a seed and watch it grow
Old Members why not share your news
We have loads more for you to choose
Guests your welcome to have a look
but why not sign up and then get hooked!
To All its a pleasure to have you with us

Note: New Members are expected to post within one Month of joining, and post on a fairly regular basis.

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

Wild About Animals
New members come, and say Hello
Plant a seed and watch it grow
Old Members why not share your news
We have loads more for you to choose
Guests your welcome to have a look
but why not sign up and then get hooked!
To All its a pleasure to have you with us

Note: New Members are expected to post within one Month of joining, and post on a fairly regular basis.
Wild About Animals
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

The David Sheldrick Wildlife Trust

+4
Anne-Marie1981
Laikipia
Safari Maiden
whitestarling
8 posters

Page 5 of 8 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8  Next

Go down

The David Sheldrick Wildlife Trust - Page 5 Empty Re: The David Sheldrick Wildlife Trust

Post  Anne-Marie1981 Tue Dec 06, 2011 9:09 pm

The David Sheldrick Wildlfe Trust have a You Tube channel. If you have time its worth going through all the clips. They are wonderful and moving. https://www.youtube.com/user/dswtkenya#g/a

Here is the link to the rescue of little Sasab who was two weeks old when rescued

And this is Mulika who was rescued when she was a baby, and has now given birth to her first calf

Anne-Marie1981
Anne-Marie1981

Back to top Go down

The David Sheldrick Wildlife Trust - Page 5 Empty Re: The David Sheldrick Wildlife Trust

Post  Laikipia Wed Dec 07, 2011 7:51 am

Thanks Anne-Marie, I follow all the DSWT news and links via FB and as you say well worth watching, they are always so moving and I so admire DD and her team.

Lai Pai
Laikipia
Laikipia

Back to top Go down

Post  littlewid Wed Dec 07, 2011 8:54 am

Thank you for those AM, I will sit and have a look through later as time is a bit short this morning but I will definiately watch them. Looks like it's going to be an evening of Elephant behind Elephant behind Elephant behind Very Happy

littlewid-x-
littlewid
littlewid
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Safari Maiden Wed Dec 07, 2011 1:32 pm

Thanks for the info on this one AM. Im sure they have loads of great moments on there. Will have a look when I get home - cant get sound at work.

SM
Safari Maiden
Safari Maiden

Back to top Go down

Post  Anne-Marie1981 Wed Dec 07, 2011 1:37 pm

The rescue of little Kithaka is up now as well. He is one cute little baby elephant. Elephant behind Elephant behind Elephant behind
Anne-Marie1981
Anne-Marie1981

Back to top Go down

Post  Doogs Wed Dec 07, 2011 9:05 pm

Cool AM Thanks I'll also have to set some time aside for watching all these clips Elephant behind
Doogs
Doogs

Back to top Go down

Post  Laikipia Thu Dec 08, 2011 9:54 am

The David Sheldrick Wildlife Trust - Page 5 71418 I've added to our little ele/rhino family today Anne-Marie, and a lovely present to myself The David Sheldrick Wildlife Trust - Page 5 853843

I've chosen Naipoki because she was found up in Northern Kenya having fallen down a well and was taken in by the couple who own Sarara camp where we stayed in September and they told us all about her and the rescue - seems like a good choice to me lol!

Now all we need is another visit to DSWT Laughing

Lai Pai
Laikipia
Laikipia

Back to top Go down

Post  Doogs Thu Dec 08, 2011 1:43 pm

Nice one LP Wink

You and AM have got a nice little family of Elephant behind between you Very Happy
Doogs
Doogs

Back to top Go down

Post  Laikipia Thu Dec 08, 2011 3:07 pm

The David Sheldrick Wildlife Trust - Page 5 768480 Doogs - too true.

Lai Pai
Laikipia
Laikipia

Back to top Go down

Post  Anne-Marie1981 Fri Dec 09, 2011 9:39 am

Awww, thats fantastic LP! I love little Naipoki ... and what a perfect little ele for you to foster, a nice little link there. Another trip is definitely in order :)

On another, rather sad, note. Little Sasab passed away yesterday. Sad Sad
http://www.sheldrickwildlifetrust.org/updates/updates.asp?ID=384
RIP gorgeous little baby.
Anne-Marie1981
Anne-Marie1981

Back to top Go down

Post  Laikipia Fri Dec 09, 2011 10:44 am

Sad oh dear that is just so sad, another tragic loss of a poor little ele. Sasab will be missed by his keepers and orphan eles alike. I so admire all they do and there must be times when they are heartbroken to lose another little orphan.

RIP little Sasab gone to the great savannah in the sky.

Lai
Laikipia
Laikipia

Back to top Go down

Post  Doogs Fri Dec 09, 2011 1:21 pm

Sad news re Sasab, RIP little Ele Crying or Very sad
Doogs
Doogs

Back to top Go down

Post  Safari Maiden Fri Dec 09, 2011 7:02 pm

That is really sad news.

RIP little one!

SM
Safari Maiden
Safari Maiden

Back to top Go down

Post  Laikipia Wed Jan 04, 2012 5:33 pm

An article from National Geographic September 2011 on DWST - well worth a read

http://ngm.nationalgeographic.com/2011/09/orphan-elephants/siebert-text

Lai
Laikipia
Laikipia

Back to top Go down

Post  Doogs Wed Jan 04, 2012 9:36 pm

Thanks LP, it certainly is.

Well written piece, liked how the different personalities of the elephants was talked about and cheeky little Tumaren putting the author in his place The David Sheldrick Wildlife Trust - Page 5 40683
Doogs
Doogs

Back to top Go down

Post  Laikipia Thu Jan 05, 2012 8:11 am

I Agree Doogs, these little eles really are all such characters with their own individuals traits.

Lai Pai
Laikipia
Laikipia

Back to top Go down

Post  wilderness Thu Jan 12, 2012 7:22 am

I fostered an ele finally yesterday! Orwa :) I think he's the newest one there...it was so hard to pick just one out of them all. Hopefully I'll be able to add some more in the future Very Happy
Thanks for all the help you guys, WS and Lai esp for all the info :)
wilderness
wilderness

Back to top Go down

Post  Laikipia Thu Jan 12, 2012 7:59 am

The David Sheldrick Wildlife Trust - Page 5 768480 That's wonderful news Wilderness, well done you for fostering a little ele. You'll love all the updates and pictures and of course you can follow their page on Facebook as well.

I must go and read up on Orwa.

Lai
Laikipia
Laikipia

Back to top Go down

Post  Doogs Thu Jan 12, 2012 1:58 pm

Fantastic Wilderness, looking forward to seeing some pictures The David Sheldrick Wildlife Trust - Page 5 768480
Doogs
Doogs

Back to top Go down

Post  wilderness Fri Jan 13, 2012 6:05 am

I do follow their Facebook and Twitter pages.. They have really interesting updates. I just love reading the keepers diaries.Brings a smile to my face.
Sure Doogs :)
wilderness
wilderness

Back to top Go down

Post  littlewid Fri Jan 13, 2012 10:22 pm

Good on you wilderness The David Sheldrick Wildlife Trust - Page 5 768480 look forward to hearing all about little Orwa and hopefully seeing some pictures Elephant behind

littlewid-x-
littlewid
littlewid
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Safari Maiden Sat Jan 14, 2012 9:37 am

Aaaaw thats lovely Wilderness. You will have to give us updates on Orwa when you get them. I sponsored little Mee Chok at BLES and it is so rewarding seeing them thrive. Look forward to any photos you can get.

SM
Safari Maiden
Safari Maiden

Back to top Go down

Post  wilderness Mon Jan 16, 2012 1:02 pm

Will definitely share updates when I get them :)Orwa is really cute! cheers Got to really admire everyone working at the trust to bring the eles to their present conditions when you consider the condition in which they were found.
wilderness
wilderness

Back to top Go down

Post  wilderness Tue Jan 17, 2012 8:44 am

Also, SM I hadn't heard of BLES before so i looked up their website. Nice to know what they're doing.
Do you have any pictures of Mee Chok up here?
wilderness
wilderness

Back to top Go down

Post  Laikipia Tue Jan 17, 2012 10:07 am

Hopefully you've got your update fron DSWT Wilderness - I've just had an e-mail with news of our foster eles/rhino and a watercolour of one of the eles Hugs

The monthly e-mails are full of news which is a great way to keep up with what is going on at all 3 units.

Lai
Laikipia
Laikipia

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 5 of 8 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8  Next