Wild About Animals
New members come, and say Hello
Plant a seed and watch it grow
Old Members why not share your news
We have loads more for you to choose
Guests your welcome to have a look
but why not sign up and then get hooked!
To All its a pleasure to have you with us

Note: New Members are expected to post within one Month of joining, and post on a fairly regular basis.

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

Wild About Animals
New members come, and say Hello
Plant a seed and watch it grow
Old Members why not share your news
We have loads more for you to choose
Guests your welcome to have a look
but why not sign up and then get hooked!
To All its a pleasure to have you with us

Note: New Members are expected to post within one Month of joining, and post on a fairly regular basis.
Wild About Animals
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Jonathan & Angela Scott's Blog

+3
Safari Maiden
Laikipia
whitestarling
7 posters

Page 9 of 18 Previous  1 ... 6 ... 8, 9, 10 ... 13 ... 18  Next

Go down

Jonathan & Angela Scott's Blog - Page 9 Empty Re: Jonathan & Angela Scott's Blog

Post  whitestarling Tue Jan 17, 2012 5:59 pm

Thanks Doogs never thought to do that before, as you say there's alot of info coming in on the comments. I've registered now
WS
whitestarling
whitestarling
Admin

https://wildaboutanimals.forumotion.net

Back to top Go down

Jonathan & Angela Scott's Blog - Page 9 Empty Re: Jonathan & Angela Scott's Blog

Post  RMorr50912 Wed Jan 18, 2012 4:49 am

That's where I've been getting alot of info. It should get more interesting as some of the members should just be getting back from the Mara. Hopefully some firsthand info and maybe some pics soon. Not to mention J&A are there for awhile too for various reasons.

Ronnie
RMorr50912
RMorr50912

Back to top Go down

Post  whitestarling Wed Jan 18, 2012 5:58 am

Well done Ronnie, as I said I never thought of that. Thats the great thing about the Forum, your always learning something new
WS
whitestarling
whitestarling
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  RMorr50912 Thu Jan 19, 2012 9:43 pm

Hey everyone, check the responses on J&A's blog as looks like people are back from the Mara and firsthand reports are coming in. Looks like they didn't get to see Zawadi but did see plenty of others.

Ronnie
RMorr50912
RMorr50912

Back to top Go down

Post  whitestarling Thu Jan 19, 2012 11:09 pm

Thanks Ronnie going for a check
WS
whitestarling
whitestarling
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  whitestarling Thu Jan 19, 2012 11:18 pm

Some great comments, and some interesting ones on Romeo, and Clawed
WS
whitestarling
whitestarling
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  RMorr50912 Fri Jan 20, 2012 11:13 pm

Hey everyone. There's really alot of info coming in on the responses to the post about Zawadi. Up to 64 responses currently with some very long and informative posts. Even mention of Cheza and Sala! Way too much for me to say other than pop over and check out the posts. I posted a link to some pics of Zawadi and her cub, seems there is only one, over on Her thread.

Ronnie.
RMorr50912
RMorr50912

Back to top Go down

Post  whitestarling Sat Jan 21, 2012 12:02 am

Thanks again Ronnie, going to have check that out tomorrow, it's a bit late now. Going to check out the pics on Zawadi's thread
WS
whitestarling
whitestarling
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  whitestarling Sat Jan 21, 2012 9:43 am

Just read Bobs comments on J & A's Blog. Thats a really interesting thought he has on why there are not as many Lion Cubs around, with the groups of males, like the Notch group, Cheza, and co, and others leaving the females once they have mated to go off looking for others to take over leaving their own Cubs at the mercy of other males, who may come in, and kill the Cubs as there are no Pride Males to protect them. Plus if, and when they do return there is a danger that they do'nt recognise their own Cubs, and kill them. As you said Ronnie, some great stuff in the responses on the Blog, andI've posted a response myself
WS
whitestarling
whitestarling
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Doogs Sat Jan 21, 2012 11:29 am

WOW there's some great info on there. Very good post by Bob including why he thinks the lion numbers may be in decline, I think he could be right.

Nice post from you also WS, hopefully that will also encourage some of the regulars on there to have a look at our Forum cheers
Doogs
Doogs

Back to top Go down

Post  Laikipia Sun Jan 22, 2012 7:44 am

Thanks for the nudge Ronnie - going for a read now.

Lai
Laikipia
Laikipia

Back to top Go down

Post  Doogs Sun Jan 22, 2012 3:36 pm

Delighted that Cheza & Sala have been seen recently, it was thought one of them died last year so great that is not the case. They hold a very special place in my heart as I just loved the story of that two growing up and I think it's brilliant that they have stuck together (along with Junior). I did see them a few years ago but I think I'll ask Vincent if we could have a look for them when we return in June, would make my day to see them again Like a Star @ heaven I love you Like a Star @ heaven
Doogs
Doogs

Back to top Go down

Post  whitestarling Tue Jan 24, 2012 12:58 am

Ronnie has tipped me off that Pepe has written a 5 part series on the history of the Mara. Just checked it out, and its really informative, and interesting. I've read part one, and there is a sentence from Downy one of the first white people there. He said the rarest thing there was another Human Being. How times have changed, now some of the rarest things there, are some of the Wildlife
WS
whitestarling
whitestarling
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  RMorr50912 Tue Jan 24, 2012 1:29 am

Hi everyone,
I just finished the whole thing WS and WOW! To know how things have changed and how the Mara came to be what it is today is just so fascinating. I could only imagine what it must be like to be the first person to see a beautiful place like that, so pure and untouched. Ha, I can only imagine what it's like to see it now for that matter, but thanks to great people like all of you and on J&A's blog I can, and it's a wonderful image in my mind.

Ronnie
RMorr50912
RMorr50912

Back to top Go down

Post  Laikipia Tue Jan 24, 2012 8:30 am

Same here Ronnie, just finished reading Pepe's 5 part series. Totally amazing and how things have changed, but fascinating to read and well worth a look when you've got some time and a cup of tea/coffee (unless it's the evening drunken )

Lai

Laikipia
Laikipia

Back to top Go down

Post  whitestarling Tue Jan 24, 2012 11:30 am

Unless it's evening confused confused scratch scratch
WS Jonathan & Angela Scott's Blog - Page 9 40683
whitestarling
whitestarling
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Laikipia Tue Jan 24, 2012 11:36 am

I know WS - but it was the morning when I read it all and I thought it a little early for a vodka and cranberry juice What a Face Laughing drunken

Lai
Laikipia
Laikipia

Back to top Go down

Post  Doogs Tue Jan 24, 2012 1:42 pm

It's never too early for a vodka and cranberry Lai Pai Wink Laughing drunken

This sounds really interesting stuff from Pepe, so away for a :study:
Doogs
Doogs

Back to top Go down

Post  Doogs Tue Jan 24, 2012 2:25 pm

I have copied and pasted all of Pepes info into a Word Document which will make it easier to read. Looks like I'll have to print it off and take it home as I've no time left on my lunch hour to read it ! :study:
Doogs
Doogs

Back to top Go down

Post  Laikipia Tue Jan 24, 2012 3:00 pm

lol! Doogs, that means you can sit down with a G & T or a Dawa Doogs or a vodka cranberry and enjoy Pepe's info tonight.

Lai Pai Laughing
Laikipia
Laikipia

Back to top Go down

Post  Doogs Tue Jan 24, 2012 5:13 pm

Ooooh I like all of those !!! lol! but if I had the choice it would have to be a Dawa Doogs as it would set the scene better than the other two !!! Very Happy Cool drunken
Doogs
Doogs

Back to top Go down

Post  Laikipia Wed Jan 25, 2012 8:57 am

I Agree Doogs.

Lai drunken
Laikipia
Laikipia

Back to top Go down

Post  Doogs Wed Jan 25, 2012 12:55 pm

J&A are going to be amazed at the amount of replies to their post dated 1st January 2012 affraid lol!
Doogs
Doogs

Back to top Go down

Post  Laikipia Wed Jan 25, 2012 1:29 pm

I Agree Doogs - 106 so far ...........

Lai
Laikipia
Laikipia

Back to top Go down

Post  Doogs Wed Jan 25, 2012 1:58 pm

106 WOW and there's such an amazing amount of info on there as well Cool

Didn't get round to reading Pepe's post as I forgot to print it out after converting it to Word Embarassed Jonathan & Angela Scott's Blog - Page 9 615959 Must remember to do that before I leave work geek
Doogs
Doogs

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 9 of 18 Previous  1 ... 6 ... 8, 9, 10 ... 13 ... 18  Next