Wild About Animals
New members come, and say Hello
Plant a seed and watch it grow
Old Members why not share your news
We have loads more for you to choose
Guests your welcome to have a look
but why not sign up and then get hooked!
To All its a pleasure to have you with us

Note: New Members are expected to post within one Month of joining, and post on a fairly regular basis.

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

Wild About Animals
New members come, and say Hello
Plant a seed and watch it grow
Old Members why not share your news
We have loads more for you to choose
Guests your welcome to have a look
but why not sign up and then get hooked!
To All its a pleasure to have you with us

Note: New Members are expected to post within one Month of joining, and post on a fairly regular basis.
Wild About Animals
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Jonathan & Angela Scott's Blog

+3
Safari Maiden
Laikipia
whitestarling
7 posters

Page 10 of 18 Previous  1 ... 6 ... 9, 10, 11 ... 14 ... 18  Next

Go down

Jonathan & Angela Scott's Blog - Page 10 Empty Re: Jonathan & Angela Scott's Blog

Post  Laikipia Wed Jan 25, 2012 2:33 pm

Shocked Rolling Eyes What are you like Doogs Laughing Mind you, you do need some time to read it and take it in cheers

Lai Pai
Laikipia
Laikipia

Back to top Go down

Jonathan & Angela Scott's Blog - Page 10 Empty Re: Jonathan & Angela Scott's Blog

Post  whitestarling Wed Jan 25, 2012 5:55 pm

Errrrrr Whats wrong with drunken all three ? confused scratch Doogs & Lai
The threads looking more like a Forum than a Blog, and the infos's fantastic. I'm upto part three on Pepe's Mara story, I'm trying to limit myself to one chsapter a day
WS
whitestarling
whitestarling
Admin

https://wildaboutanimals.forumotion.net

Back to top Go down

Post  Doogs Wed Jan 25, 2012 8:51 pm

Nothing at all WS Wink just not altogether is where I draw the line Laughing

Keep reading . . . . . . :study:
Doogs
Doogs

Back to top Go down

Post  RMorr50912 Thu Jan 26, 2012 5:27 pm

Hello everyone, Jonathan has added a new entry in his blog with some of his observations. Quite interesting as you well know. Been a long time since his last update but sounds like he's been pretty busy.

http://www.jonathanangelascott.com/travel_club/wordpress/

Ronnie
RMorr50912
RMorr50912

Back to top Go down

Post  whitestarling Thu Jan 26, 2012 6:31 pm

Thanks for the nudge Ronnie, been for a read, and as you say they have been busy, and it looks like there's more to come on his Blog
WS
whitestarling
whitestarling
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Doogs Thu Jan 26, 2012 8:50 pm

Cool Cool Ronnie, thanks for nduge - will check it out once I'm done on here cheers
Doogs
Doogs

Back to top Go down

Post  Laikipia Fri Jan 27, 2012 8:15 am

Thanks for the nudge Ronnie. Sounds like J & A are very busy out in the Mara - can't wait for the next instalment.

Lai
Laikipia
Laikipia

Back to top Go down

Post  RMorr50912 Fri Jan 27, 2012 12:31 pm

Hello all, New update on J&A's blog. I think you will find it interesting. They are really busy!

Ronnie
RMorr50912
RMorr50912

Back to top Go down

Post  Laikipia Fri Jan 27, 2012 1:26 pm

Thanks Ronnie, that was in reply to my e-mail to Jonathan re WAA wildlife blog of 2011.

Lai
aka
Camilla or (Milly to J & A) Laughing
Laikipia
Laikipia

Back to top Go down

Post  RMorr50912 Fri Jan 27, 2012 10:17 pm

I thought that was you Lai, WS had told me you sent him an E-mail to inform them of the nomination. Glad you were able to get the first response. I have since added mine.

Ronnie
RMorr50912
RMorr50912

Back to top Go down

Post  Laikipia Sat Jan 28, 2012 7:07 am

Jonathan & Angela Scott's Blog - Page 10 768480 Ronnie - just had a read.

Hopefully J & A will be able to give us news of Romeo, but it looks like they are madly busy at the moment to-ing and fro-ing from the Mara.

Lai
Laikipia
Laikipia

Back to top Go down

Post  RMorr50912 Sat Jan 28, 2012 7:35 am

I agree, their schedule is pretty hectic it seems but you never know what the network they have might come up with. I'm still waiting to find out the fate of the herdsman. I've asked over and over. As much as I want to hear of Zawadi and cub, Id love to know he was ok with no lingering injuries. I do think it's cool you could just pop off an E-mail and not only get a response but a post on the blog for everyone to see. Hopefully we'll soon get confirmation, one way or the other , on Romeo. (I'm still gonna go with Jackson 'til proven otherwise!)

Ronnie
RMorr50912
RMorr50912

Back to top Go down

Post  Laikipia Sat Jan 28, 2012 7:43 am

If Jonathan doesn't reply on his blog re the herdsman Ronnie, I'll ask him via e-mail, I know he's just set up a Twitter account so that will be something to check in the future.

I think he probably hasn't had time to read through the last responses which were well over 100 + Very Happy

Lai
Laikipia
Laikipia

Back to top Go down

Post  RMorr50912 Sat Jan 28, 2012 2:53 pm

Thanks Lai, that would be great. I guess though he must be doing fine or we'd certainly have heard more.

I'm sure he'll need some time to catch up with the last post, but some really good stuff there.

Ronnie
RMorr50912
RMorr50912

Back to top Go down

Post  Laikipia Sat Jan 28, 2012 3:56 pm

I Agree Ronnie - it's great just how much interest there is in these big cats.

Not sure if you saw this link earlier Ronnie, a new book out soon

The Marsh Lions
The Story of an African Pride

By Brian Jackman, Jonathan Scott and Angela Scott

A bestseller when first published in 1982, The Marsh Lions portrays a vivid picture of life and death on the African savannah through the story of a pride of lions in Kenya's world-famous Masai Mara game reserve. The story is essentially a true one. All the central characters are real, and most of the incidents described actually happened.
For five years, Brian Jackman and Jonathan Scott followed the Marsh pride and their progeny, painstakingly recording the daily drama of life and death on the African plains. In time they came to regard them as old and familiar friends and real individuals - the big resident males, Scar, Brando and Mkubwa and three lionesses known as the Marsh sisters. Their lives, together with the leopards and cheetahs that shared their wild paradise, offer a unique insight into the unforgiving world of these magnificent carnivores.
The Marsh Lions were the most successful group to be filmed for Big Cat Diary, the BBC's hugely successful TV series. With Jonathan Scott as co-presenter, The Big Cat Diary camera teams allowed millions of viewers to observe the ongoing saga of the Marsh pride at a time when lions are fast disappearing all over Africa. The Marsh Lions is a powerful reminder of what the world stands to lose if the big cats were to vanish forever and highlights the need to cherish the Mara as one of the most beautiful of the earth's wild places. This edition of the book includes a new chapter bringing the story up to date with the pride as it is now, alongside photos of the new lions.
The book is illustrated with photographs and drawings by Jonathan and Angela Scott.

http://www.bradtguides.com/Book/472/The-Marsh-Lions.html

I've pre-ordered a copy and can't wait.

Lai
Laikipia
Laikipia

Back to top Go down

Post  RMorr50912 Sun Jan 29, 2012 4:51 am

Yes Lai , I did see that earlier. I look forward to it with the updates I'm sure it will be great reading. It will be nice to have all the history in one place up to date. I'll be looking for it when it comes out over here.

Ronnie

RMorr50912
RMorr50912

Back to top Go down

Post  Laikipia Sun Jan 29, 2012 7:16 am

Jonathan has updated his blog - 28th January.

Information and thoughts on Romeo and Clawed.

Lai
Laikipia
Laikipia

Back to top Go down

Post  whitestarling Sun Jan 29, 2012 5:21 pm

Thanks Lai, it out. Seems there's still a split on whether its Romeo, or not, but in his latest blog Jackson seems convinced it's him
WS
whitestarling
whitestarling
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Doogs Mon Jan 30, 2012 10:11 pm

Update from J&A today (30/01/2012). Same info as per the Marsh Pride updates thread but with some additional info :-

Doogs
Doogs

Back to top Go down

Post  whitestarling Mon Jan 30, 2012 10:31 pm

Thanks Doogs just read it, and commented on the Blog, wont say anymore till the others have read it
WS
whitestarling
whitestarling
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Laikipia Tue Jan 31, 2012 8:26 am

Thanks for the nudge Doogs - I check these blogs first thing now, so many updates coming in ..........

Lai Pai
Laikipia
Laikipia

Back to top Go down

Post  Doogs Tue Jan 31, 2012 1:24 pm

Lai - I meant to say earlier, trying to keep track of all your names is almost as confusing as who is who in the Mara Laughing
Milly Wink Very Happy

Last edited by Doogs on Tue Jan 31, 2012 1:32 pm; edited 1 time in total
Doogs
Doogs

Back to top Go down

Post  Laikipia Tue Jan 31, 2012 1:32 pm

Jonathan & Angela Scott's Blog - Page 10 40683 I know Doogs. I like to confuse myself .............

Lai Pai
aka Nashipai
and a few more
Laikipia
Laikipia

Back to top Go down

Post  RMorr50912 Thu Feb 02, 2012 12:31 pm

Hello everyone,
Jonathan has updated his blog with a response. It sounds to me ike it has been 100% confirmed that Clawed is gone. After seeing some of his last pics I must admit I am relieved that his suffering has ended.

Ronnie
RMorr50912
RMorr50912

Back to top Go down

Post  Doogs Thu Feb 02, 2012 12:51 pm

Thanks Ronnie and I Agree
Doogs
Doogs

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 10 of 18 Previous  1 ... 6 ... 9, 10, 11 ... 14 ... 18  Next