Wild About Animals
New members come, and say Hello
Plant a seed and watch it grow
Old Members why not share your news
We have loads more for you to choose
Guests your welcome to have a look
but why not sign up and then get hooked!
To All its a pleasure to have you with us

Note: New Members are expected to post within one Month of joining, and post on a fairly regular basis.

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

Wild About Animals
New members come, and say Hello
Plant a seed and watch it grow
Old Members why not share your news
We have loads more for you to choose
Guests your welcome to have a look
but why not sign up and then get hooked!
To All its a pleasure to have you with us

Note: New Members are expected to post within one Month of joining, and post on a fairly regular basis.
Wild About Animals
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Jonathan & Angela Scott's Blog

+3
Safari Maiden
Laikipia
whitestarling
7 posters

Page 16 of 18 Previous  1 ... 9 ... 15, 16, 17, 18  Next

Go down

Jonathan & Angela Scott's Blog - Page 16 Empty Re: Jonathan & Angela Scott's Blog

Post  Doogs Sun Mar 10, 2013 12:00 pm

Thanks Lai. Lovely memories and what a stunning shot of Zawadi up that tree Cool Very Happy
Doogs
Doogs

Back to top Go down

Jonathan & Angela Scott's Blog - Page 16 Empty Re: Jonathan & Angela Scott's Blog

Post  Laikipia Tue Mar 12, 2013 9:18 am

Laikipia
Laikipia

Back to top Go down

Post  Doogs Tue Apr 02, 2013 10:58 pm

Few updates from J&A, including news on a recent trip to the Mara :-

http://www.jonathanangelascott.com/main/wordpress/category/blog/
Doogs
Doogs

Back to top Go down

Post  Laikipia Fri Apr 05, 2013 8:47 am

Thanks Doogs.

It's sad to hear about Olive, she really is such a star and as we've spent time watching her I am really sorry to hear she is looking weary.

They are both just so busy and this filming in India should be amazing with the tigers, not to mention Galapagos Jonathan & Angela Scott's Blog - Page 16 71418 http://i70.servimg.c I am soooooooooooooo excited now.

Lai
Laikipia
Laikipia

Back to top Go down

Post  Doogs Fri Apr 05, 2013 1:40 pm

I must admit Lai I heaved a big sigh when I read that about Olive as well but she is getting on a bit now and unfortunatley these wonderful animals don't live forever No I know I will shed a few Sad when she joins her equally amazing mum Bella Like a Star @ heaven in the savannah in the sky but hope that's a while away before she does. I'm hoping the limp is a short term thing though and she will be fit and well again soon I love you
Doogs
Doogs

Back to top Go down

Post  Laikipia Fri Apr 05, 2013 1:43 pm

I Agree Doogs, it's easy to forget these big cats have a relatively short life expectancy but it's hard when their time comes, we've all grown to love them so much.

Lai
Laikipia
Laikipia

Back to top Go down

Post  whitestarling Fri Apr 05, 2013 6:47 pm

Olive must be getting on a bit now, she's been a fantastic mum, and done Bella proud, hopefully she can go on a bit longer, as long as she does'nt suffer. I noticed that there's a female Leopard in the Pump area names Siri thats the same name I picked for the mystery Leopard Ronnie, and I were trying to find , and identify
WS
Ps Just had a thought, Aatish spotted Olive on Thursday trying to cross the ,swollen Olare orok river so I guees there's life in the old Girl yet
whitestarling
whitestarling
Admin

https://wildaboutanimals.forumotion.net

Back to top Go down

Post  Laikipia Sun Apr 07, 2013 8:16 pm

More from J & A - 7th April

“Ten Billion” by Stephen Emmott

http://www.jonathanangelascott.com/main/wordpress/2013/04/ten-billion-by-stephen-emmott/

Lai
Laikipia
Laikipia

Back to top Go down

Post  whitestarling Sun Apr 07, 2013 10:33 pm

Some very wise, and true words by Emmet Lai, and he's right things have to change
WS
whitestarling
whitestarling
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Doogs Mon Apr 08, 2013 9:29 pm

Thanks for the link Lai. Love that picture of the Lioness and the Cub I love you

Very sobering words indeed but also very true, "Radical behaviour change is needed more urgently than anything that science and technology could provide”. Crying or Very sad
Doogs
Doogs

Back to top Go down

Post  Doogs Fri Apr 26, 2013 1:27 pm

Mention on Jonathan's FB Page of his recent trip with Lai Wink

"Just back in Lima in Peru after our Extension to Machu Picchu. Peru is as we remembered from our last visit in 2005 - breathtaking! Does anyone know of another city quite as beguiling as Cusco? Or an ancient ruin of a city quite like Machu Picchu? We stayed for just under a week and it wasn't nearly long enough. And before that we had a week exploring the Galapagos Islands on our first Celebration of Galapagos Wildlife with Prestige Promotions who we host an annual C of Mara Wildlife each October. Swimming with Sea Lions was a 'high' of a lifetime and Carlos and his team on the La Pinta were exceptional. Next up - the UK. Thanks to everyone who made our safari such a success! Warm regards to you all - Jonathan and Angie"
Doogs
Doogs

Back to top Go down

Post  Laikipia Fri Apr 26, 2013 1:32 pm

Thanks for the heads up Doogs. I haven't had a chance to look at FB yet and I know he hasn't updated the blog yet due to lack of time. I think they travel back to the UK today and then Jonathan goes back to Kenya to sort out his visa for India and then back to UK and on to India for 6 weeks filming tigers (if he can find them) It will be hot as hell there at this time of year so Angie is not going very wisely!

I so agree about the swimming with sea lions - absolutely ace and I would for sure do that again Very Happy

Lai
Laikipia
Laikipia

Back to top Go down

Post  Doogs Fri Apr 26, 2013 2:02 pm

You said it first in the Lets Talk thread about swimming with the Sea Lions so Jonathan is only coping you Lai Razz Laughing

As usual the Scotts are busy, busy people, how wonderful. Glad to hear that Angie is taking things a bit easier after all she has been through by not going to India to endure that heat, wise decision Wink
Doogs
Doogs

Back to top Go down

Post  Laikipia Tue Apr 30, 2013 8:21 am

A couple more updates from J & A

http://www.jonathanangelascott.com/main/wordpress/

Lai
Laikipia
Laikipia

Back to top Go down

Post  Doogs Tue Apr 30, 2013 1:48 pm

Good to see they give the thumbs up for the new Disney film cheers Can't wait to see it Very Happy

What lovely words from Jonathan about Angie, very obviously a happily married couple I love you
Doogs
Doogs

Back to top Go down

Post  whitestarling Tue Apr 30, 2013 6:11 pm

Wise decision for Angie not to go to India she's better off taking things a bit easier, and they are a lovely C ouple. Great news on the Disney Film certainly one to look forward to. I quite enjoyed the Great Bear Stakeout
WS
whitestarling
whitestarling
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Laikipia Mon Sep 09, 2013 8:11 am

J & A are back in Kenya after being in the USA visiting their son and then briefly in the UK for Birdfair.

They are now in the Mara for many safaris, lucky things.

http://www.jonathanangelascott.com/main/wordpress/

Lai
Laikipia
Laikipia

Back to top Go down

Post  Doogs Mon Sep 09, 2013 1:19 pm

That's great news Lai, looking forward to some updates and photos from them cheers
Doogs
Doogs

Back to top Go down

Post  whitestarling Mon Sep 09, 2013 5:29 pm

Oh WOW Those photos at the top of their blog are just stunning just love the Leopard one, great tht they are back in the Mara, and looking forward to their updates, and more great photos
WS
whitestarling
whitestarling
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Doogs Tue Sep 10, 2013 1:21 pm

Am I missing something here,, can't see any pictures of leopards at the top of their blog scratch
Doogs
Doogs

Back to top Go down

Post  Laikipia Tue Sep 10, 2013 2:29 pm

When you access their website it scrolls through a selection of photos Doogs. You have to wait a few seconds for each one, they are beautiful images.

Lai
Laikipia
Laikipia

Back to top Go down

Post  Laikipia Tue Sep 17, 2013 9:15 am

Jonathan has updated their blog on 16th September - The Joy of Safari

http://www.jonathanangelascott.com/main/wordpress/2013/09/the-joy-of-safari/

Lai
Laikipia
Laikipia

Back to top Go down

Post  whitestarling Tue Sep 17, 2013 10:31 am

Thanks for the nudge Lai. It's a good job you dont take all that stuff J&A take otherwise the plane would never get off the ground Jonathan & Angela Scott's Blog - Page 16 40683 

WS
whitestarling
whitestarling
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Laikipia Tue Sep 17, 2013 4:06 pm

I Agree  WS but I do have the same waistcoat just in case, always handy to be prepared! I tried lifting Jonathans and it was unbelievably heavy, you can imagine what he looks like wearing it Laughing 

Lai
Laikipia
Laikipia

Back to top Go down

Post  whitestarling Tue Sep 17, 2013 6:17 pm

Sounds as though he looks a bit like me, without me wearing a waistcoat lol! 

WS
whitestarling
whitestarling
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 16 of 18 Previous  1 ... 9 ... 15, 16, 17, 18  Next