Wild About Animals
New members come, and say Hello
Plant a seed and watch it grow
Old Members why not share your news
We have loads more for you to choose
Guests your welcome to have a look
but why not sign up and then get hooked!
To All its a pleasure to have you with us

Note: New Members are expected to post within one Month of joining, and post on a fairly regular basis.

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

Wild About Animals
New members come, and say Hello
Plant a seed and watch it grow
Old Members why not share your news
We have loads more for you to choose
Guests your welcome to have a look
but why not sign up and then get hooked!
To All its a pleasure to have you with us

Note: New Members are expected to post within one Month of joining, and post on a fairly regular basis.
Wild About Animals
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Welcome to everyday Lets Talk

+8
Chad Cocking
tigerburnie
Doogs
Safari Maiden
Anne-Marie1981
littlewid
whitestarling
Laikipia
12 posters

Page 21 of 40 Previous  1 ... 12 ... 20, 21, 22 ... 30 ... 40  Next

Go down

Welcome to everyday Lets Talk - Page 21 Empty Re: Welcome to everyday Lets Talk

Post  Doogs Mon Oct 10, 2011 11:08 pm

Will catch up with this thread tomorrow as it's now after 11pm and I'm away to me Sleeping - well passed my bedtime !

Doogs Sleep
Doogs
Doogs

Back to top Go down

Post  Laikipia Wed Oct 12, 2011 4:12 pm

Good afternoon everyone from a very wet part of the UK - it's done nothing but rain for days now, and the river is getting very swollen.

Just heard from Jeremy at Sarara that the rain has finally come, they must be so relieved and the Samburu and all the wildlife.

Hope you've all had a good week so far. Some b****** cloned my credit card and tried £5000 in William Hill affraid can you believe it? Fortunately the bank who tried calling me but I forgot to return their call, cancelled my card asap and have just sent me a new one today. I am so cross, but very lucky!

We saw the Lion King on Monday night - very sweet and great in 3D.

Hoping to catch badger cam tonight. Have a good evening everyone.

Lai Pai
Laikipia
Laikipia

Back to top Go down

Post  whitestarling Wed Oct 12, 2011 6:29 pm

affraid Thats a nasty one Lai, lucky you did'nt lose anything. The weathers been the same on this side of the hills all day. Really miserable, cloudy, drizzle, and rain. Not nice at all.
Great news for Samburu though, sounds from your post on it, that it really could do with the rain. Hope you have better luck on Badger Cam than me Welcome to everyday Lets Talk - Page 21 40683

WS
whitestarling
whitestarling
Admin

https://wildaboutanimals.forumotion.net

Back to top Go down

Post  Laikipia Wed Oct 12, 2011 7:11 pm

All ready for tonight WS ....................................... cheers

Lai Pai
Laikipia
Laikipia

Back to top Go down

Post  Doogs Wed Oct 12, 2011 10:10 pm

Overdue post on here from me Embarassed

Lai such a shame you didn't get the sunny for your big day on Saturday but by all accounts the Rain didn't spoil the party, good on you cheers Loved that you had a 'Little African Hut' Like a Star @ heaven cool Cool for wearing your Ugg Boots and singing Mamma Mia until the small hours, awesome Welcome to everyday Lets Talk - Page 21 71418 Thought you looked lovely I love you

Good to hear that the rain has arrived at Sarara Welcome to everyday Lets Talk - Page 21 71418 that is good news Very Happy

You were very lucky with your card, good on your bank for being alert - not a nice experience for you No

Well done on getting everything sold at the Auction LW, that's brilliant Very Happy Sounds like the whole day was a great experience for you :) Better not go back too often if the homebakes are that good lol!

Good night on Friday looking at all the photos & mums videocam footage. Dad was in top form making homemade Mojitos that were lovely Welcome to everyday Lets Talk - Page 21 853843 Lot of Ian's pictures are very good and mum got some amazing footage of the leopards, was very impressed with her Wink

Glad you also liked the Lion King lion cub in 3D Lai Pai, we did too. I forgot how cute Simba was when he was little I love you The bit when he meets up with Nala again after being away from the pride always makes me Sad Laughed at Rafiki singing, "Asante sana, squashed banana" - that didn't mean anything to me all those years ago but now I understand what he's saying Laughing

Well we did discuss going back to Kenya next year and it's very likely we will Welcome to everyday Lets Talk - Page 21 71418 Due to going to Australia next Christmas / New Year we will have to go 'low season' so are thinking about the last week in June before the prices go up in July - the difference in price is quite amazing. I know the wildies and zebra won't be there like they are at migration time but at the end of the day it's the big cats we love and they will always be there. Will keep you all posted Wink

Lots happening on the forum which is great, it's taking me ages to do all my posts Laughing

Doogs drunken
Doogs
Doogs

Back to top Go down

Post  littlewid Wed Oct 12, 2011 10:11 pm

Gosh only just seen your post Lai Pai, that is dreadful, what a shock that must have been but how lucky the bank cancelled your card and hopefully nothing was taken from your bank. How mad to try and take so much though, I thought they usually took little bits so you hopefully didn't notice and fancy using it it a betting shop, mind you at least that way it was noticed and swiftly. Just goes to show you never know do you.

Sorry you've had so much rain but as you say good for the samburu and the wildlife now that it's come there as well, I bet it is a real relief for them all. lets hope your river doesn't swell too much.

We have had all that fine rain for most of the day, it's been a bit dreary really and it did it of course whislt I was walking Nero this evening What a Face

Glad you got to catch up with Badger cam, it's lovely isn't it.

littlewid-x-

Oops sorry Doogs we must have been posting at the same time, I haven't ignored your post, didn't know you were posting, hence adding this onto my post now. will reply to you tomorrow as it's late now. littlewid-x-
littlewid
littlewid
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Laikipia Thu Oct 13, 2011 8:52 am

I Agree Doogs - asante sana - squashed banana, all those years ago I had no idea, so this time I was laughing so much the people behind were wondering why!

Brilliant news re you going back in June - it's lovely to go at different times of the year, for one thing, less people and you'll find all sorts of wildlife around. I think we will go later next year as we've got some other plans too.

I bet you had fun with the mojitos and looking at photos and videos - such a great reminder. Pete wants to get a small video thing which will be great, then we can have both.

Oz sounds wonderful is that 2012? What a great time you'll have, anywhere in particular?

We've finally got a dry day, so far .......... fingers crossed it stays that way - even the dogs are fed up with the rain.

Have a good day everyone.

Lai Pai
Laikipia
Laikipia

Back to top Go down

Post  Doogs Thu Oct 13, 2011 1:22 pm

I hope it is good in June Lai Pai. As I said before we know it will be different from Sept time, I just hope it's not too different !!! We're just sorting everything out with a view this time to flying overnight with Kenya Airways then going straight out on Safari on the morning we get into Nairobi - we usually take the BA flight and have a overnight stay before going on safari. I must admit the 'less people' is very attractive !! Have you been at that time ? Good to hear you might also be going back Very Happy it's sooooo addictive isn't it !!!

Yes we are going to go to Australia Christmas 2012 / New Year 2013, that way we can take holidays in two different years which will be better for us. Intention to stop over on the way (in Hong Kong so we can go horse racing ! Horse) but just come straight home which is a real affraid for me as a non-flyer !! Ian's brother stays in a place called Newcastle which is about 2 hours from Sydney.

Glad to hear the weather has at last dried up for you and the dogs can at last get out for a good rummage about :)

Doogs drunken
Doogs
Doogs

Back to top Go down

Post  Laikipia Thu Oct 13, 2011 5:35 pm

I've been in June Doogs, but I was riding and up in Laikipia. I reckon you will still love it, a good idea to go straight into the safari, we've also done that before, less time to chill but saves time and money. Virgin also fly overnight so you land bright and early, worth a thought.

Oz sounds wonderful, great idea to be there over New Year. Sydney is amazing and how great you'll be close by. A stopover in HK will be a really good thing to do, I was really pooped not having a few nights break.

Have a great evening everyone.

Lai Pai
Laikipia
Laikipia

Back to top Go down

Post  Laikipia Fri Oct 14, 2011 8:37 am

Just had a thought Doogs. It might be worth checking back on some of the blogs re what you are likely to see in June. Aatish, Jackson, Paul Kirui and Andy & Sarah Skinner are all great at keeping us up to date Very Happy

Lai Pai
Laikipia
Laikipia

Back to top Go down

Post  Doogs Fri Oct 14, 2011 1:42 pm

Thanks for that Lai Pai, very good idea Wink I will have a look over the weekend as we hope to dicuss it with my mum & dad then.

I'll mention to Hans (who does our bookings) to check out Virgin as well just incase he hasn't.

Lai, do you do your bookings with a company in the UK or in Kenya ? I've read so many reports on Trip Advisor saying to book your actual safari over there with a local company as it's cheaper but I just don't know if I could risk paying someone in Kenya, don't think I could trust them no matter how reputable they are Embarassed
Doogs
Doogs

Back to top Go down

Post  Laikipia Fri Oct 14, 2011 1:46 pm

We use Bush & Beyond in Nairobi. John or Chris. Really helpful and happy to organise whatever. They had to sort out all our wedding details, no mean feat! Found them through Jonathan S. They are 100% trustworthy. I can't say I know about anyone else though.

Lai Pai
Laikipia
Laikipia

Back to top Go down

Post  Doogs Fri Oct 14, 2011 1:48 pm

Thanks for that and if you use them I would trust to use, may ask them for a quote just to compare prices.

Do you book your own flights and they organise everything else in the Kenya ? Including pick ups/transfers and flights to the Mara ?

Cheers cheers
Doogs
Doogs

Back to top Go down

Post  Laikipia Fri Oct 14, 2011 4:12 pm

Yes, we organise international flights, they do internal flights and all pick-ups and transfers and whichever hotel/s you want in Nairobi,, and of course the camps.

Lai Pai
Laikipia
Laikipia

Back to top Go down

Post  Doogs Sat Oct 15, 2011 10:41 am

Thanks Lai, I'll give them a shout and just see what price they give us - worth comparing to what we've been quoted.

Could you give me an email address to get in touch with them ?

Thanks, Doogs :)
Doogs
Doogs

Back to top Go down

Post  Laikipia Sun Oct 16, 2011 9:27 am

Will do for sure on Monday when I'm in my office Doogs Very Happy

Lai Pai
Laikipia
Laikipia

Back to top Go down

Post  littlewid Mon Oct 17, 2011 5:55 pm

Evening All Very Happy

I think littlewid may need help What a Face , it's blowing a gale outside Lightening , keeps Rain , it's freezing Frosty Tongue and i'm sitting here in a sleeveless T shirt and going to have salad for my tea.........am I really that Bonkers or is it a phase i'm going through scratch :What:

littlewid-x- geek
littlewid
littlewid
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Laikipia Mon Oct 17, 2011 6:31 pm

Mmmmmmmmmmmm let me think? Mad as a march hare Littlewid. It's blowing a gale here and all I can think of is hot soup not salad, oh and I'm wearing a big woolly cardie Laughing

Lai Pai
Laikipia
Laikipia

Back to top Go down

Post  Doogs Thu Oct 20, 2011 2:07 pm

Meant to post this earlier in the week . . . .

Monday morning I’m driving down the back lane to park at my work when I see something in the middle of the road. I slow down, squint my eyes and yes it confirms what I thought it was – Chickens !! I squeeze past them, park the car and go into the office to see if anyone else has seen them, they have.

Someone in the office called the SSPCA (Scottish SPCA) and while we were waiting the chickens are running amock our car park, one even peers in at the window of one of the girls (Emma) office, it then tried to get in the window much to the Shocked of Emma !!

A lady from the SSPCA arrived a short time later and along with a couple who appeared on the scene and staff from our office we managed to safely capture the chickens, all three of them. The SSPCA lady said they were a bit thin and dirty so here’s hoping they fatten them up before finding them a new and loving home.

Our offices are right in the city centre so very bizarre to have chickens running about, just glad they are now ok cheers

Welcome to everyday Lets Talk - Page 21 Chicke13
Doogs
Doogs

Back to top Go down

Post  Laikipia Thu Oct 20, 2011 6:03 pm

Great to hear the chickens are okay and hopefully will find good homes, well done you for getting the SSPCA to come and take them and for catching them safely. I wonder where they came from? You must have thought you were seeing things Very Happy

Lai Pai
Laikipia
Laikipia

Back to top Go down

Post  Doogs Thu Oct 20, 2011 7:48 pm

Believe me Lai Pai, I did !!!! Laughing

Actual picture of the Chicken that was at Emma's window Wink
Welcome to everyday Lets Talk - Page 21 Chicke14
Doogs
Doogs

Back to top Go down

Post  littlewid Thu Oct 20, 2011 11:16 pm

What an amazing story Doogs. Well done you for getting the SSPCA to come and rescue them, I do hope they are found a lovely home where they can live out the rest of their lives. I wonder if they escaped from somewhere or if they were let loose? anyway I'm just glad you were around to see they were ok. Great pic of the chicken at the window though Very Happy

littlewid-x-
littlewid
littlewid
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Safari Maiden Fri Oct 21, 2011 6:53 am

Very strange to see loose chicken at work! Im used to wild rabbit where I work, but not chicken. At least it made your day alot different.

SM
Safari Maiden
Safari Maiden

Back to top Go down

Post  Laikipia Fri Oct 21, 2011 10:35 am

I love you great picture of the chicken at Emma's window Doogs - having a good look inside at what you're all up to Laughing

Lai Pai
Laikipia
Laikipia

Back to top Go down

Post  Doogs Fri Oct 21, 2011 1:21 pm

I'm not sure what Emma's (Wakeford) settings are on FB but there's a very funny short video of her thinking the chicken is cute at her window then screaming as it 'tries to get in' !!! lol!

There are the back gardens of houses on the other side of the lane from us so we wondered if they had come out of one of them scratch

Certainly made a Monday morning rather different and amusing but we were glad when the SSPCA caught them :)

Just a quickie as I'm working through lunch today & finishing off at 4pm. Heading up to Ballater for the weekend with my mum & dad and sister & brother-in-law to stay in a house that is owned by the guy my dad works for. We did it last year as well. I made a big pot of Spaghetti Bolognaise last night to feed us all tonight then we're heading out for something to eat on Sat night. Dad has taken his ingredients to make Mojitos for us all, he successfully did it a couple of weeks ago when we were looking at our holiday photos so looking forward to that drunken :)

Will take the laptop with me but not sure if there is a connection up there or not.

Hope everyone has a great weekend
Doogs Very Happy
Doogs
Doogs

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 21 of 40 Previous  1 ... 12 ... 20, 21, 22 ... 30 ... 40  Next