Wild About Animals
New members come, and say Hello
Plant a seed and watch it grow
Old Members why not share your news
We have loads more for you to choose
Guests your welcome to have a look
but why not sign up and then get hooked!
To All its a pleasure to have you with us

Note: New Members are expected to post within one Month of joining, and post on a fairly regular basis.

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

Wild About Animals
New members come, and say Hello
Plant a seed and watch it grow
Old Members why not share your news
We have loads more for you to choose
Guests your welcome to have a look
but why not sign up and then get hooked!
To All its a pleasure to have you with us

Note: New Members are expected to post within one Month of joining, and post on a fairly regular basis.
Wild About Animals
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Welcome to everyday Lets Talk

+8
Chad Cocking
tigerburnie
Doogs
Safari Maiden
Anne-Marie1981
littlewid
whitestarling
Laikipia
12 posters

Page 22 of 40 Previous  1 ... 12 ... 21, 22, 23 ... 31 ... 40  Next

Go down

Welcome to everyday Lets Talk - Page 22 Empty Re: Welcome to everyday Lets Talk

Post  Laikipia Fri Oct 21, 2011 1:27 pm

Sounds like a fun weekend planned, I love spag bol Laughing and I'm sure the Mojitos will be delicious drunken

Have a great time and will try and check out Emma's FB page later, if I can, and fingers crossed the sun is shining up there sunny

Hoping everyone else has a great weekend too.

Lai Pai
Laikipia
Laikipia

Back to top Go down

Post  littlewid Fri Oct 21, 2011 5:01 pm

Don't know about you having a fun weekend Doogs, sounds like a yummy weekend to me Welcome to everyday Lets Talk - Page 22 768480 .......I love Spag Bol as well.......made with Quorn mince of course Welcome to everyday Lets Talk - Page 22 40683 I'm sure you and your family will have a wonderful time Welcome to everyday Lets Talk - Page 22 71418

I'm off looking for a new car this weekend. I know mine is only a year old but a little Peugeot 107 doesn't fair too well with the snow and ice and last year was a nightmare.
I was thinking of a 4x4 Lexus, the trouble is all the new ones are Hybrids and I don't think i'm too keen on having a Battery that you can only charge at certain places and if they go bonk, they cost around £6000 to replace, or so i've heard.
I'm a bit sad about that as I love the Lexus, my sister has one but luckily it's an all petrol one, she nabbed the only 2007 car around I think that was pre Hybrid, people just don't seem to change them, they hang on to them.
So, i'm off on a mission to test drive as many 4x4's as I possibly can......secretly i'm looking forward to it Welcome to everyday Lets Talk - Page 22 853843 but if anyone has any advice on 4x4's they have or have had and whats good and whats not, I would love to know as i'm getting all confused confused reading up on them all.

Apart from that, it's shopping and take my mum out and try and get to see the Nieces and Nephews, the big ones and the little ones and soon there will be another new one, in about two weeks time Welcome to everyday Lets Talk - Page 22 853843

Have a fun weekend everyone.
littlewid-x-
littlewid
littlewid
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Anne-Marie1981 Fri Oct 21, 2011 5:25 pm

I'll try and have a good catch up on here at the weekend and do a proper reply, but I just had to say to LW, try a Mini Countryman all4! They are wonderful, a little pricey though! I'd love one!!

Hope you all have fantastic weekends, (Lai, could I possibly have a contact for Bush and Beyond too please)

AM
Anne-Marie1981
Anne-Marie1981

Back to top Go down

Post  littlewid Fri Oct 21, 2011 10:54 pm

Thanks for that AM, i've just had a quick look and it seems quite cool, I didn't realise they did a 4x4. Iwill have a good look at the write up tomorrow and see if I can hunt one out to look at. Have you driven one before AM?

littlewid-x-
littlewid
littlewid
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Laikipia Sun Oct 23, 2011 11:11 am

For sure Anne-Marie - will do from the office on Monday.

Lai Pai cheers
Laikipia
Laikipia

Back to top Go down

Post  Laikipia Wed Oct 26, 2011 8:43 am

Good morning everyone

How is the week going? We've been really lucky with the weather, mild and sunny, most unusual for Cheshire!

Lots of birds beginning to visit the feeders now and we've been given a lovely new one for a wedding present, a wooden one with a roof, so it's got a bit of a table and above it you can hang nuts. The birds aren't sure about it yet but in a few weeks they'll be okay with it. A photo opportunity I hope!

Are you enjoying Strictly Littlewid? We're a bit disappointed that Nancy, who really can't dance at all is still in - such a shame that Rory was voted off, I thought he was fun and would have got much better given a chance.

Don't forget Frozen Planet with David Attenborough tonight cheers Very Happy

Exciting news for me is that I'm off to Zambia with my friend Ali in November. Pete's walking in the Lake District with a friend of his and we're off to explore a new country. We're joining Jonathan Scott and Phil Berry (not sure who he is yet) for 7 days at somewhere called Mfuwe Lodge. It looks magical, with eles walking through reception What a Face so some serious photography Laughing

Enjoy your day everyone.

Lai Pai

Laikipia
Laikipia

Back to top Go down

Post  markymarc1979 Wed Oct 26, 2011 9:44 am

Laikipia wrote:Don't forget Frozen Planet with David Attenborough tonight cheers Very Happy

I'm glad you reminded me that was on laikipia i"m off to the cinema tonight but will sky plus it. Very Happy
markymarc1979
markymarc1979

Back to top Go down

Post  whitestarling Wed Oct 26, 2011 11:14 am

Thanks for the reminder Lai got it Sky+d. The weathers been great as well this side of the hills, yesterday in Colwyn Bay it was like summer. All the market traders were taking their coats, and jumpers off it was that warm. Makes a change for North Wales as well. Very Happy Lucky you off to Zambia, mind you I think you'll need some of those strictly moves, if Elles are walking round reception Welcome to everyday Lets Talk - Page 22 40683

WS
whitestarling
whitestarling
Admin

https://wildaboutanimals.forumotion.net

Back to top Go down

Post  Laikipia Wed Oct 26, 2011 3:11 pm

What are you going to see Marc? We went to see the Lion King in 3D the other day, it was wonderful!

Good one WS - you know how much I love Strictly - I'm trying to persuade Pete that we should learn to salsa, so far he's not quite convinced What a Face

Lai Pai
Laikipia
Laikipia

Back to top Go down

Post  littlewid Wed Oct 26, 2011 5:20 pm

Zambia sounds exciting Lai Pai, what made you choose there? it's lovely exploring new countries though isn't it and November is almost upon us, when in November do you go? How amazing is it going to be with Ele's walking through the reception, loads of pics please Elephant behind

Oh yes, Nancy, she is rubbish but I also blame Anton, he just seems to chuck her around at times and make her look silly.......I'm not going soft on her No No No just think Anton is not always fair to her but yes sad that Rory and Erin have gone, he was doing so well and didn't deserve to go but Chelsee and Pasha were fantastic I thought on Saturday. I'm loving this series of Strictly DAAAAAARLING Welcome to everyday Lets Talk - Page 22 40683
Yes you must get Pete to learn to Salsa, how fab would that be Welcome to everyday Lets Talk - Page 22 853843

Have a good evening at the cinema tonight Marc and don't forget to record Frozen Planet Welcome to everyday Lets Talk - Page 22 768480

Hope everyone else has a good evening whatever your up too.

littlewid-x-
littlewid
littlewid
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Doogs Thu Oct 27, 2011 2:08 pm

Been slow posting on here this week Embarassed

Good weekend was had by all in Ballater. Spag Bol seemed to go down well as did the Mojitos and various other alcoholic beverages !!! drunken The boys played golf on the Sat & got nice weather for it which was good. We all went out for a meal at night to a restaurant that used to be a church, very nice Wink

Any advance on the new 4x4 LW ? Great news that you've got a new addition to the family arriving soon Cool

Great to hear your getting lots of birds into your feeder Lai Pai - that means the bills for the bird seed are about to rise shortly affraid Laughing That was thoughtful of someone to give you a new bird table, sounds a cracker Wink

What fantastic news that you are going to Nambia in Nov and not only that JC accompany you, jealous, jealous, jealous, delighted, delighted, delighted Laughing I'm sure I read about that place in the 'inflight' magazine on our Safarilink flights to the Mara and it was an article JC had done, too much of a coincidence not to be it. I've looked at Nambia a few times so I will be really interested to hear what you think about it, absolutely brilliant it will be a fantastic trip Welcome to everyday Lets Talk - Page 22 853843

Funny week of weather up here sunny Rain and at times very cold Frosty Tongue Nice today though :)

Have a good day everyone
Doogs drunken
Doogs
Doogs

Back to top Go down

Post  Laikipia Thu Oct 27, 2011 2:49 pm

Welcome to everyday Lets Talk - Page 22 768480 you did Doogs. Funnily enough a couple who were staying at Naboisho at the same time as us had been on Jonathan's first Zambia trip last year, she said it was wonderful.

We're off on 11th November to Zambia, but can't get back until Monday 21st as there aren't flights daily, so we do 7 days with Jonathan and then have a day in camp without him, overnight somewhere else and then fly back on the Monday. A longer flight by about two hours I think and a short internal flight with a definite 15kgs weight limit What a Face

4 of us went to Namibia some years ago, we found it a bit lacking in wildlife and incredibly hot, but beautiful. They were very rigid in Etosha about staying to the road/track so if you saw anything off the track you missed it!

Sounds like you had a fun weekend Doogs - glad the Mojitos slipped down nicely drunken

Have a good evening everyone - BT are doing something on the road and none of us have any email today, so I'm off soon Welcome to everyday Lets Talk - Page 22 853843

Lai Pai
Laikipia
Laikipia

Back to top Go down

Post  Safari Maiden Fri Oct 28, 2011 8:00 am

Well its friday again. Welcome to everyday Lets Talk - Page 22 768480

This week has been all over the place. From Wednesday our landline at home has been down with people getting an engaged tone when calling us and when we try to call out we have no dial tone just white noise, the alarm bleeps or the messages like 'we do not recognise that number please try again' when we havent even dialled a number. It is affecting our web access as well, but have been able to get on a couple of times, now being one of them. It will take apparently 5 working days to complete so hopefully I think we should be Live again by Tuesday. If not there will probably be trouble.

I have started nesting as well. For those that truely know me, will realise that is not me at all. Cleared out our bedroom and have started on what will be the Nursery (our Junk Room at the moment).

Anyway I intend to try and do as little as possible this weekend. I hope everyone has a good one.

SM

Safari Maiden
Safari Maiden

Back to top Go down

Post  Laikipia Fri Oct 28, 2011 9:38 am

Good morning everyone

Hope you get your landline sorted SM - it's so frustrating isn't it? Amazing how much we rely on the internet now!

Have a relaxing weekend and not too much clearing out Very Happy

What's everyone up to? Pete's at the rugby tonight so tomorrow will be a slow start What a Face we're hoping for a quiet weekend too but somehow I always think of things we need to do Rolling Eyes

Fingers crossed the weather stays good, today it's sunny but who knows what will happen tomorrow.

Lai Pai
Laikipia
Laikipia

Back to top Go down

Post  Safari Maiden Fri Oct 28, 2011 1:49 pm

I may shame our phone company more often. I just called home from work and it is ringing - no more engaged tone so fingers crossed!

Have a great weekend everybody!

SM
Safari Maiden
Safari Maiden

Back to top Go down

Post  littlewid Sat Oct 29, 2011 3:29 pm

Afternoon All Very Happy

Glad you had a good weekend Doogs and that the boys enjoyed their Golf......always much better when the weather is nice. Never played myself, only crazy golf but I do like watching Golf. I have actually had the odd little go before but I am a tad rubbish Embarassed

Pleased you've got your phone line sorted SM, it's just horrible when the phone and internet isn't working, Lai Pai is right, we rely on it so much, what did we do when there was only carrier pidgeon :What: ......WS will remember them, i'm far too young Welcome to everyday Lets Talk - Page 22 40683

Yep got my car Doogs. I ended up with a Toyota Rav4 and it's wonderful, I really don't know why I never had one before, they are lovely to drive even if at first it felt like a tank compared to my 107. It has all the swanky business etc but one thing i'm really chuffed with is the way the boot opens, it opens like a door so Nero can't go skipping out before i've got hold of him.........that's him fooled Welcome to everyday Lets Talk - Page 22 768480

Strictly tonight Lai Pai Welcome to everyday Lets Talk - Page 22 71418 bet nancy stays and we loose another good dancer.........as long as it's not Jason No

Have a good rest of the weekend everyone.
littlewid-x-
littlewid
littlewid
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Laikipia Sat Oct 29, 2011 4:06 pm

Nancy Head Banger she's got to go Littlewid, we've got to Sky+ it and catch up later tonight as we're out early evening but can't wait - So far my favourites are Harry and Russell (for shear enjoyment).

Toyota Rav4 sounds great Littlewid. Not one i've tried but perfect for the icy/snowy roads we've no doubt got to look forward to, you'll soon adapt to it and feel safe as houses. We've a Toyota pickup that i use when the roads get bad as my little bubble car is a nightmare on ice/snow! Brilliant that Nero is safe and can't leap out, it's always a worry with car boots.

Have a good evening everyone.

Lai Pai Welcome to everyday Lets Talk - Page 22 853843
Laikipia
Laikipia

Back to top Go down

Post  Doogs Sun Oct 30, 2011 2:36 pm

Hope everyone is enjoying their weekend and that extra hour in bed this morning Sleep cheers

Out on Friday for something to eat, footie yesterday (my team 1 -v- Ian's team 2 Crying or Very sad ) then a quiet night in, grand. Ian is off hillwalking today so I'm enjoying catching up on the Forum & my Sky +.

Nightmare re your landline/internet connection SM but sounds like the phone company have redeemed themselves by sorting it quicker than you thought they would.

Glad to hear you got your new car LW and you like it Wink Sounds like it's dog friendly as well, nice one :)

Hope Pete enjoyed the rubby Lai Pai and you got a quiet weekend too :)

Ian and I watched a programme last night that's on Sky Anytime & Nat Geo Wild just now called 'Leopards of Dead Tree Island' shot in the Okavango Delta. There are some absolutely stunning shots of leopards that are absolutely beautiful but the programme is marred by possibly one of the most horrific things I've ever seen.

The female leopard in the programme has young cubs. She loses one to hyena's Crying or Very sad but it's what happens to the other one that is terrible. She comes back to find her young cub with it's leg caught in a tree, it's pelvis broken but even more heartbreaking it's still alive. It's got it's front end on the ground but back end up in the air caught in the tree. The little toot eventually manages to get her leg out and you see her pulling herself by her front legs to a quiet resting place to die, truly truly horrible. I was howling watching it and I'm welling up even typing this, it must be one of the worst things I've ever seen when it comes to nature in the wild.

It's a shame this was in the programme because as I said there was some stunning shots of the leopards - one to stay clear of though if you are squeamish, it's not pleasant watching No Crying or Very sad

Not much else planned for the day apart from my mum & dad's for tea once Ian gets back. I think we're going to decide once and for all if we're heading back to Kenya next year cheers

Enjoy the rest of your weekend everyone
Doogs drunken
Doogs
Doogs

Back to top Go down

Post  Laikipia Sun Oct 30, 2011 3:03 pm

Good afternoon everyone

Someone forgot to tell the dogs about the extra hour today Rolling Eyes so sadly there was no benefit to us Laughing

Sorry to hear about your team Doogs Rolling Eyes better luck next time.

I'm so pleased you warned us about that programme, I am staying well clear of it, I just couldn't bear to see a little leopard cub die that way, and to film it Sad the crew were very hardened not to interfere some how, I would have had to call a vet, unrealistic I know.

Have a great meal later, and fingers crossed about Kenya for next year, tough one to decide.

We're catching up with Sky+ later, so much recorded!

Lai Pai
Laikipia
Laikipia

Back to top Go down

Post  Doogs Sun Oct 30, 2011 3:16 pm

My thoughts exactly LP - if the film crew were there filming what was going on surely they could have called on a vet to help the little lady - even if it was to put her to sleep and out of her pain/misery Crying or Very sad

You didn't actually see her die, just that horrible sight of her pulling her dragging back legs towards some bushes. Maybe, hopefully a vet did intervene by putting her our of her misery but we don't know, I'm just going to keep that thought in the hope they did.

Kenya is a tough one to decide at the moment because of all the trouble that's now happening in Nairobi, very worrying.

Enjoy catching up with your programmes Welcome to everyday Lets Talk - Page 22 71418
Doogs
Doogs

Back to top Go down

Post  littlewid Sun Oct 30, 2011 5:02 pm

Doogs I saw that programme too. As you say some really stunning shots of the Leopards and following them all but how horrific was that. It was upsetting to see the little cub that had been got by the Hyena but te little one who got it's leg stuck in the tree was simply horrendous. I kept willing the mum to get it out of the tree and yes I know it's no interference but I think that was taking it to the enth degree leaving that little cub to crawl away into a bush with it's mum walking away and leaving it to god knows what, Hyena's possible, starvation, or simply shock and death. I know if they hadn't been filming no-one would have known but to film it for TV, get a gory story and then leave it without a by your leave, simply cruel. Then again, we don't know that they didn't do anything ( just thought of that), hopefully, they weren't that heartless and did help the little cub out.

On a different note, fingers crossed Nancy goes tonight Lai Pai and not Audley who I fear will be in the bottom two or maybe even Russell affraid , surely she can't be kept in any longer at the expense of the others.
What about Craig entering on his broomstick last night Welcome to everyday Lets Talk - Page 22 40683

Sounds like you have lots of thinking about Kenya to do Doogs scratch

Have a good evening all.
littlewid-x-
littlewid
littlewid
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Laikipia Mon Oct 31, 2011 8:30 am

Welcome to everyday Lets Talk - Page 22 768480 Result Littlewid - finally Nancy and Anton were voted off. What a relief, it was awful to watch her being thrown around like a rag doll, and I agree with Len (i think) that Anton had used the same lift 3 weeks in a row, it was getting boring ................ Delighted that Audley lives to fight another day Welcome to everyday Lets Talk - Page 22 853843

Lai Pai Welcome to everyday Lets Talk - Page 22 Myspac11
Laikipia
Laikipia

Back to top Go down

Post  markymarc1979 Mon Oct 31, 2011 9:10 am

Hi all, not sure if it's been talked about but did anyone see the Louis Theroux documentary about dangerous pets in the US. It was just crazy some guy has 140+ tigers, I couldn't make my mind up on him.
markymarc1979
markymarc1979

Back to top Go down

Post  Laikipia Mon Oct 31, 2011 9:41 am

No I didnt see it Marc, but if i had I would probably have been Twisted Evil Evil or Very Mad why on earth would he have that many tigers? What was the purpose? I can't bear animals in captivity, were they properly looked after?

Lai Pai
Laikipia
Laikipia

Back to top Go down

Post  littlewid Mon Oct 31, 2011 10:36 pm

Didn't see that one either Marc. I'm sure I saw it advertised though. Like Lai Pai, it makes me mad too, Tigers should be in the wild and not so called status symbols for people, having one is bad enough but 140+ is just ridiculous and really should not be allowed.

WooHoo, Nancy and Anton have gone, I was so worried she was going to stay another week but I must say, if anything I was getting madder at Anton rather than Nancy, I think he made her look a fool and I kind of lost a bit of respect for Anton. I now want to see Lulu go, she is annoying me.
I did love Artem and Holly's swan Lake dance, I love that ballet and the music.

littlewid-x-
littlewid
littlewid
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 22 of 40 Previous  1 ... 12 ... 21, 22, 23 ... 31 ... 40  Next