Wild About Animals
New members come, and say Hello
Plant a seed and watch it grow
Old Members why not share your news
We have loads more for you to choose
Guests your welcome to have a look
but why not sign up and then get hooked!
To All its a pleasure to have you with us

Note: New Members are expected to post within one Month of joining, and post on a fairly regular basis.

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

Wild About Animals
New members come, and say Hello
Plant a seed and watch it grow
Old Members why not share your news
We have loads more for you to choose
Guests your welcome to have a look
but why not sign up and then get hooked!
To All its a pleasure to have you with us

Note: New Members are expected to post within one Month of joining, and post on a fairly regular basis.
Wild About Animals
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

New Members Introductions

+38
WMTravellers
cruciger
atb224155
cloudy
Trackerintraining86
mickeysutube
melikr
ForWildlife
tigerfan2013
Cremecat
redparka
gregrowlerson
blue river
Safariman
cheetahlover
AfricaInside
allaboutsongs
Mara Mad
radhu
Dnyanada Kulkarni
simbat
LalaPetush
RMorr50912
redroxy888
xxx leopard crasey xxx
svisak
Tarangire_Trekker
markymarc1979
tatyana
liongirl92
wilderness
tigermilk
minnie87
Anne-Marie1981
Monica
Doogs
princesspurplehippy
Safari Maiden
42 posters

Page 3 of 12 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4 ... 10, 11, 12  Next

Go down

New Members Introductions - Page 3 Empty Re: New Members Introductions

Post  Guest Tue Jul 26, 2011 8:42 pm

Thanks for the welcome :)

Just got this computer so hopefully will have some pet photos to show very soon, as much as my dogs hate having their photo taken lol.

So lucky that you are going to the Mara to visit, i am hoping i will get there some time - or i can hope lol.

I haven't done the work placement yet, not until the third year and i have just finished the first. I have a feeling i will end up wading in and out of ponds and streams for it though lol.

Back to top Go down

Post  littlewid Tue Jul 26, 2011 9:03 pm

Hello Hyena Queen and welcome to WAA New Members Introductions - Page 3 71418

What an exciting BSc to be doing, where do you plan to take it at the end? i'm sure we would all love to hear how it's going throughout your course.

Looking forward to some pics of your dogs. I have 3 cats, two Semi Longhaired Maine Coons and a very sweet but tiny Domestic Shorthair and a nutty Black Cocker Spaniel.
I too love all things Africa and my favourite cats are the Tiger and Cheetah. My passion for animals is universal but I must say I have a huge soft spot for British Wildlife.

It's lovely that you found us here and I really hope you enjoy the forum. There are a wide range of topics so hopefully something of interest to you but if there is something you are interested in but it's not here, please either add it in the appropriate section or ask if your not sure where to put it, we are all very happy to help.

Again a warm welcome to the forum and have fun New Members Introductions - Page 3 853843

littlewid-x-
littlewid
littlewid
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Doogs Tue Jul 26, 2011 9:55 pm

Photos of your pets would be great HQ New Members Introductions - Page 3 71418

There are 3 of us on here lucky to be going to the Mara in September. Ann Marie is getting married and going on her honeymoon to the Mara, 1st time visitor, Lai will confirm how many times she's been before but I'd say at least 3 or 4 and I'm going for my 4th visit, can't wait New Members Introductions - Page 3 853843
Doogs
Doogs

Back to top Go down

Post  Laikipia Wed Jul 27, 2011 8:45 am

Into double figures Doogs - that includes riding safaris as well. I am totally hooked on Africa New Members Introductions - Page 3 71418

Lai
Laikipia
Laikipia

Back to top Go down

Post  Doogs Wed Jul 27, 2011 9:08 am

WOW Lai - Fantastic New Members Introductions - Page 3 768480
Doogs
Doogs

Back to top Go down

Post  whitestarling Thu Jul 28, 2011 5:57 pm

Hi Hyena Queen
Welcome to WAA Sorry I was'nt around to say Hello. when you first joined, but my Internets been down Mad. Great that your doing a BSc in Zoology you never know where your work place will be, but fingers X it will be exciting, and you will enjoy it. It's great that you've joined in , and posted on the Forum already. There was a programe on the TV not long ago about Hyenas it was called Hyena Princess or something similar, I will have to look it up. If you need ant help with posting your pics just shout

WS
whitestarling
whitestarling
Admin

https://wildaboutanimals.forumotion.net

Back to top Go down

Post  whitestarling Tue Aug 02, 2011 6:34 pm

This is a PM form Brian. Who has just joined us

Many thanks for your gracious welcome.
A little about myself:
Born in what is now Zimbabwe in 1950
After many and various careers, lucked into a job in the safari/hospitality business. Ran various safari lodges in Zimbabwe and Malawi, and was never happier.
Now in England, in Reading, in the motor trade, and eternally homesick.
My particular passion is/are reptiles and amphibians. I love to take macro photos of insects, spiders and anything small and crawlie.
I particularly like the osprey cam. I hope that I can be a useful contributor.
Thanks for listening,
Brian

whitestarling
whitestarling
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Laikipia Tue Aug 02, 2011 7:34 pm

Welcome to WAA Brian

Great that you've found us. We've plenty of great topics so enjoy looking round. If you need any help just ask.

Looking forward to seeing your photos.

Never been to Zim - but would love to.

Lai
Laikipia
Laikipia

Back to top Go down

Post  Safari Maiden Tue Aug 02, 2011 10:59 pm

HI Brian,

Great to have you with us.

I see you like photography. I do too but have not been able to get my head around Macro photography. Whenever I use the macro on my lens and take the photos of insects etc it always ends up blurry. Any idea what Im doing wrong?

May be starting a new thread on macro photography here: https://wildaboutanimals.forumotion.net/f26-waa-camera-club
would help others as well.

Thanks for that and look forward to seeing some of your photos.

SM
Safari Maiden
Safari Maiden

Back to top Go down

New Members Introductions - Page 3 Empty Hello Brian

Post  littlewid Tue Aug 02, 2011 11:01 pm

Hi Brian

WELCOME TO WAA

oooooo creepy crawlies give me the creepy crawlies but I do respect them just scared of them Embarassed
Sorry you are homesick but you will find lots of friends here, we are a very friendly bunch of people and look forward to getting to know you better. Please join in wherever you want and shout if you need a hand with anything on the forum.

I love british Wildlife, especially Foxes and Badgers and Hedgehogs but I also have a passion for Tigers and the Cheetah.
I have three cats and one dog who give me loads of fun.

Enjoy the forum and glad you found us, we are happy you are here.

littlewid-x-
littlewid
littlewid
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Doogs Wed Aug 03, 2011 10:25 pm

New Members Introductions - Page 3 Zimbab10Welcome BrianNew Members Introductions - Page 3 Zimbab10

Glad that you have found us and I hope you enjoy the forum. Please do get involved in as many threads as you like, we always love to hear different views / opinions on our discussion topics.

Fantastic that you were involved in safari lodges in Zimbabwe and Malawi. Only ever been to Kenya on safari (returning for the 4th time this year) so what do you think Z & M have to offer as a safari destination that differs fm Kenya ? Were you involved in a management level in the lodges ?

Certainly living in Reading and working in the motor trade is a big difference to what you used to do, no wonder you are homesick Crying or Very sad When was your last visit back home and do you still have family over there ?

Creepy crawlies affraid Not for me No but someones gotta love them so it's over to you Brian . . . . . :) Wink
Doogs
Doogs

Back to top Go down

Post  wilderness Thu Oct 06, 2011 11:34 am

Hello.I'm Sahithi.. i'm from india.Im a high school student :) I came across this website when i was looking for wildlife pictures by paul kirui.
My interest in animals grew by watchig tv especially the big cat diary series. Ive never really had pets of my own sadly. My grandmother used to have cats and i really liked watching them but that was when i was much younger.
I really like the cheetah and the lion. Very fascinating animals!
And i want to go to africa real bad! Ive been on safaris in India and Sri Lanka and seen some great animals. Hope i can read a lot more about wildlife esp the big cats Very Happy
wilderness
wilderness

Back to top Go down

Post  whitestarling Thu Oct 06, 2011 11:55 am

Hi Sahith
Welcome to WAA. We are all lovers of the Big Cat Diary series, and really hope it will come back some day. In our Wildlfe Blog section you will find updates, and photos from Paul Kiriu, as well as other Blogs, on wildlife from around the world. There are also sections for Cheetahs, and Lions from Africa. As well as the Tiger from your Country. If there is anything you would like help with finding please just ask or PM one of the Admins we love to help. Did you manage to get any photos on your Safaris of ndia, and Siri Lanka , and what animals did you see ?. Once again welcome, and we hope to hear more from you
WS
[ Whitestarling }
whitestarling
whitestarling
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Laikipia Thu Oct 06, 2011 12:07 pm

Hello Sahithi and welcome to WAA. So pleased you've found us, there's plenty of great topics and lots on lions and cheetahs, so I hope you'll enjoy looking round the site.

Looking forward to hearing from you.

Lai
Laikipia
Laikipia

Back to top Go down

Post  Safari Maiden Thu Oct 06, 2011 1:17 pm

Hi Sahithi, great to have you with us.

We have actually had all our moderators visit Kenya in the last month and they have/are posting some fantastic photos of our favourite Big Cats from the Mara. Have a look through the Forum (there are so many great topics it might take a while!).

Anyway I would love to seem some photos (if you have any) from your safaris in India and Sri Lanka.

Look forward to hearing from you soon.

SM
aka Safari Maiden
Safari Maiden
Safari Maiden

Back to top Go down

Post  littlewid Thu Oct 06, 2011 5:53 pm

Hello Wilderness

Welcome to Wild About Animals cheers it's good to have you here with us and I hope you enjoy the forum and also enjoy joining in. If you would like to share any stories or photo's of your safari's we would love to see them, so please feel free to post them.

Have you seen any Tigers? they are my favourite big cat of all time. I have a friend from India who has done a few Tiger safari's and I am a little envious of her so if you have any photo's I would love to see them.

As WS has said, if you need any help with anything please ask and we will all be happy to help.

Enjoy looking around the site and look forward to catching up with you more.

littlewid-x-
littlewid
littlewid
Admin

Back to top Go down

New Members Introductions - Page 3 Empty Hi Everyone!

Post  liongirl92 Mon Oct 17, 2011 3:45 am

Hi,

My name is Katie I'm from Lake View, New York, and I am in college studying to become a zoologist. I have two fish, named Rigoletto and Gabriella, and a rabbit named Clover. I plan on owning my own wildlife nature reserve in Africa, in order to save Gods glorious creatures. My favorite wild animals are the African lion definitely, and elephants, giraffes, and any other wild cats. I'm so glad to be on here. And I can finally talk alot about what I love best. Wild animals!

LionGirl! lion cub
liongirl92
liongirl92

Back to top Go down

Post  littlewid Mon Oct 17, 2011 5:55 am

Hello Katie

Well you are in the right place if you want to talk lots about wild animals, we look forward to lots of chats. Three of our members have recently been on Safari to Kenya so there are lots of wonderful picures of all the animals you mention you like, so please feel free to have a look and join in the chat.

I am a rabbit fan too,, what kind of rabbit is Clover? is she a house rabbit or garden rabbit? Unusual names for your fish but great names, what inspired their names?

Lovely to have you here and I hope you enjoy the forum and join in with all the chat. If there is anything you would like to know then please ask, we are always happy to help.

littlewid-x-
littlewid
littlewid
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Laikipia Mon Oct 17, 2011 9:38 am

Hello Liongirl and welcome to WAA.

Sounds like a wonderful idea to have your own wildlife nature reserve in Africa and what a great career to become a zoologist.

I love all wildlife but especially from Africa, Kenya being my favourite place. My all time favourite is a leopard but to be honest I am as interested in everything (not so keen on snakes though).

Really looking forward to you posting and we've plenty of topics and great subjects.

Lai Pai
Laikipia
Laikipia

Back to top Go down

Post  whitestarling Mon Oct 17, 2011 10:32 am

Hi Liongirl Welcome to WAA
It's great you have joined us, and we all love to chat about Wild Animlas as you will see looking through the Forum. As Littlewid said some of our members have not long returned from safari in Kenya. You will find their photos, and storys in the Camera Club section. I dont know if you've seen any of the Big Cat Diary series from the BBC over there, but if you have, some of the photos are of a few of the Big Cat stars of the series.
If you need any help finding things on the forum, or with uploading photos or anything else. Just shout, and one of us will be pleased to help

WS
( Whitestarling }
whitestarling
whitestarling
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Safari Maiden Mon Oct 17, 2011 1:22 pm

Welcome Liongirl,

Its great to have you on board. I think if I had to live my life again working with animals would definitely be my chosen career, so congrats on choosing zoology!

I hope you realise your dream of a nature reserve in africa. It takes dedicated people to try and mend nature and protect it and its great that you are one of those people.

Please dont be shy as LW and others have said there are loads of topics on this forum that cover your areas of interest. If you got an opinion share it, we love to hear what others think! Also I personnally love to see others photos of pets, local wildlife etc. so if you need a hand at uploading ask any one of us we will be happy to help.

SM
Safari Maiden
Safari Maiden

Back to top Go down

Post  wilderness Wed Oct 19, 2011 2:40 pm

Thank you all for that welcome. I haven't been online for a while so I've just started looking around the website today. Ive managed to see One horned rhinos, leopards, elephants,deer,peacocks,some primate species and other smaller animals on my safaris. Unfortunately, I'm yet to go on a tiger safari here. They're numbers are very low its sad considering its our national animal.
Are any of you in the wildlife field? I'd love to here about careers relating to conservation.
I do have a few pictures of the animals. The lighting isn't that good though:(
wilderness
wilderness

Back to top Go down

Post  Laikipia Wed Oct 19, 2011 2:58 pm

That sounds wonderful Wilderness. It's tragic about the tigers and their decline, let's hope the poaching stops and their numbers start to increase, they are such magnificent animals.

I'm not in conservation but just have a passion for all wildlife.

We'd love to see some of your photos when you have time.

Lai Pai
Laikipia
Laikipia

Back to top Go down

Post  Anne-Marie1981 Wed Oct 19, 2011 4:37 pm

Hi Liongirl and Wilderness!!

Welcome to WAA!! I hope you enjoy looking round here, and please jump in and post straight away. We all like to hear everyone's different stories Very Happy any questions please ask away

AM
Anne-Marie1981
Anne-Marie1981

Back to top Go down

Post  whitestarling Wed Oct 19, 2011 6:18 pm

Hi Wilderness
Glad you've popped back, dont worry about the lighting on your photos. We have a way of sorting that out. Most of us are Animal lovers although not in the field. It really is a great shame about the Tiger numbers as well as so many other species in our world today. Look forward to seeing your photos, if you need any help uploading them or anything else just shout
WS
whitestarling
whitestarling
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 3 of 12 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4 ... 10, 11, 12  Next