Wild About Animals
New members come, and say Hello
Plant a seed and watch it grow
Old Members why not share your news
We have loads more for you to choose
Guests your welcome to have a look
but why not sign up and then get hooked!
To All its a pleasure to have you with us

Note: New Members are expected to post within one Month of joining, and post on a fairly regular basis.

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

Wild About Animals
New members come, and say Hello
Plant a seed and watch it grow
Old Members why not share your news
We have loads more for you to choose
Guests your welcome to have a look
but why not sign up and then get hooked!
To All its a pleasure to have you with us

Note: New Members are expected to post within one Month of joining, and post on a fairly regular basis.
Wild About Animals
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

New Members Introductions

+38
WMTravellers
cruciger
atb224155
cloudy
Trackerintraining86
mickeysutube
melikr
ForWildlife
tigerfan2013
Cremecat
redparka
gregrowlerson
blue river
Safariman
cheetahlover
AfricaInside
allaboutsongs
Mara Mad
radhu
Dnyanada Kulkarni
simbat
LalaPetush
RMorr50912
redroxy888
xxx leopard crasey xxx
svisak
Tarangire_Trekker
markymarc1979
tatyana
liongirl92
wilderness
tigermilk
minnie87
Anne-Marie1981
Monica
Doogs
princesspurplehippy
Safari Maiden
42 posters

Page 4 of 12 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5 ... 10, 11, 12  Next

Go down

New Members Introductions - Page 4 Empty Re: New Members Introductions

Post  Doogs Wed Oct 19, 2011 8:22 pm

Apologies for the lateness in welcoming you to the Forum Liongirl Embarassed

Love your attitude to wildlife and your wish to own your own wildlife nature reserve in Africa in order to save Gods glorious creatures - nice one Wink I returned last month from my 4th visit to Kenya and the Masai Mara, wonderful place that I am very passionate about.

Please feel free to join in any topics on the Forum, especially ones that involve what you love - Wild animals

Good to have you back Wilderness, I hope you will get the chance to post some more on here. Where did you go on safari ?

I would love to go on a Tiger Safari and yes you're very right, it is very sad how low their numbers are.

Doogs Cheetah
Doogs
Doogs

Back to top Go down

New Members Introductions - Page 4 Empty animals

Post  tatyana Fri Oct 21, 2011 10:51 pm

[quote="Safari Maiden"]Hi Wildthing/Rob,

Nice to meet you. What would you prefer to be called on the Forum?

I have 2 cats that are completely smart, but think they are Einstein. It sounds quite a menagerie you have there, it must take quite a bit looking after them all. Though I love animals, for some reason, reptiles give me the shivers.

Hello Tatyana
If you need help with posting messages/comments please ask as we are always happy to help.
If you want to reply to this, just click on the reply button at the bottom of this post, you will then be able to leave a message.
littlewid-x-

Last edited by whitestarling on Tue Oct 25, 2011 10:36 pm; edited 2 times in total (Reason for editing : this message was edited to offer a member help.)

tatyana

Back to top Go down

Post  markymarc1979 Tue Oct 25, 2011 10:52 am

Hi all i'm Marc and live in Essex. I have an Airedale terrier called Holly, this is the 3rd Airedale I have had the previous 2 were called Sophie and Rosie. My avatar is a shot of one of my favourite animals the African Wild dog having a stretch at Edinburgh zoo. It's really hard to say what my favourite animal is as there are a few, Hyena's, Dogs, Aardwolfs, Honey Badgers, Aardwarks to name but a few! I came across this site while looking on Zoochat and it seems a nice place you have here so I thought I would book in!! I love going to zoo's, I think I spent about 3 hours the other week just watching the Hyena"s at Colchester.

markymarc1979
markymarc1979

Back to top Go down

Post  Laikipia Tue Oct 25, 2011 12:37 pm

Hi Marc. Welcome to WAA, glad you've found our site.

Sounds like an interesting selection of wildlife you like. I'm especially keen on African wildlife, i've never seen an Wild dog there but hoping to one day. Recently saw them at Chester zoo but they were all sleeping! That's a great avatar you've got.

Hyenas are fascinating, not everyone's favourite but they are wonderful to watch.

If you need any help with anything just ask, but in the meantime enjoy looking round the forum.

Lai Pai
Laikipia
Laikipia

Back to top Go down

Post  wilderness Tue Oct 25, 2011 7:17 pm

Sure lai pai and WS, I’ll try to get a few pictures on soon. Its great to see so many people passionate about wildlife here. Very Happy
One question- do I continue replying here? since its no longer an ‘introduction’
Doogs i have been to the Kaziranga national park here in india and the yala national park in sri lanka. Wow four times to the masai mara! all your visits must have been very interesting.
Do any of you have any stories of your visits put up here? I didn’t know where to look.
wilderness
wilderness

Back to top Go down

Post  littlewid Tue Oct 25, 2011 8:21 pm

Hi Marc

WELCOME TO WILDABOUT ANIMALS Glad you found us, it's always nice to have like minded people join the site.
We have a huge mixture of wildlife here so i'm sure you will find something of interest, must admit we don't really have anything major on Aardwarks, so maybe you could start a new thread and fill a gap for us with any knowledge you have on them as it's always nice to learn about different species, especially from people who have an interest in them.
Glad you think we have a nice place here Very Happy we are a very friendly bunch who enjoy sharing information and knowledge and we also love to have a laugh as well, so please feel free to join right in with us all.
I see you have posted some pictures of your lovely dogs so I am off to have a look at them, they are not a breed I have ever owned or know much about.

Again, Welcome and enjoy the site.
littlewid-x-
littlewid
littlewid
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  littlewid Tue Oct 25, 2011 8:34 pm

Hi Wilderness

There is a thread in Lets Talk called Welcome to everyday Chat, you can post a question in there for members as it is a running post and most of us look in there every day, or you can start a new post in the appropriate section ie if you wanted to ask a question about Cheetahs, go to Cheetah Chatter and look through all the posts there, if there is something similar to what you want to ask, post your question on that thread, if there is nothing similar, start a new thread with your question.

In answer to your question about members experiences on safari, If you look in the WAA camera club section, you will see all the latest photo's and stories from Anne-Marie,Doogs and Lai from their most recent safaries.

Also, I would suggest you look on the homepage and click into each section, you will then find all the topics relating to that section, it's a good way to see whats around and even if there is an old post that hasn't had a comment for a while, you can still post on it if it interests you, don't feel you only have to comment on the most recent.

Hope that has helped a little bit and not confused you.
littlewid-x-
littlewid
littlewid
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Tarangire_Trekker Tue Oct 25, 2011 9:25 pm

Welcome new members. There are only two rules...

1. Do not listen to Littlewid when she asks you to take photos of animals in the middle of the night from a distance
2. Post on these boards more than me

Have fun!
Tarangire_Trekker
Tarangire_Trekker

Back to top Go down

Post  whitestarling Tue Oct 25, 2011 10:49 pm

Hi Marc welcome to WAA
I hope you enjoy looking round the Forum, and if there's any help you need with finding anything, or where to post just shout, and we will help. Wild Dogs are one of my favourites to, and Honey Badgers a really little toughies, I saw a video of one backing a group of young lions of, they did'nt know what to make of it. In the end they left it alone.
Dont know if you've seen this clip, but its a Wild Dog one, in Other Animals of the World section. This is the link to save you searching
https://wildaboutanimals.forumotion.net/t1176-wild-dogs-kenya

WS
( Whitestarling )
whitestarling
whitestarling
Admin

https://wildaboutanimals.forumotion.net

Back to top Go down

Post  whitestarling Tue Oct 25, 2011 11:09 pm

Hi Wilderness
As LW said you can ask any questions in the Lets Talk section. To help you out these are links to some of the posts by Doogs, Lai Pai, and Anne Marie who have all visited Kenya this year, there are more photo's and their stories which you will find in the Camera Club Section
https://wildaboutanimals.forumotion.net/t1205-lions-masai-mara-doogs

https://wildaboutanimals.forumotion.net/t1201-masai-mara-september-2011-lions

https://wildaboutanimals.forumotion.net/t1254-maasai-mara-september-2011

If you need any more help just shout wilderness, look forward to seeing your pics
WS
whitestarling
whitestarling
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  markymarc1979 Wed Oct 26, 2011 9:41 am

Great video WS, I remember when I came across 2 pup's that had been orphaned in Nairobi animal orphanage. I went there with my father 5 or 6 years ago now, but he lived in Keyna as a kid for quite a few years so was the perfect person to go with he remembered the best parks and places to view, although he did comment how different it is now than it was in the 50's and 60's.
markymarc1979
markymarc1979

Back to top Go down

New Members Introductions - Page 4 Empty svisak. Aboat me.

Post  svisak Thu Oct 27, 2011 1:22 pm

Hi everyone.

I am a Norwegian animal lover and are very inntrested in Lions and Spotted Hyenas.
I have been to Africa 3 times and i deer to go back.
At the moment i am in widt the Lion Whispehere Kevin Richardson site on Facebook.

I own a 9 year old Belgien Malionis, hi is a fantastick working dog.
This as a start, but please ask if you have any question,s.

svisak

Back to top Go down

Post  Doogs Thu Oct 27, 2011 1:33 pm

Being slow again on here Embarassed

Firstly welcome to Marc, good to have you on here. I know you have been posting already on the Forum so please continue to do so as we love to hear peoples views, stories, comments etc etc cheers

Hi Svisak :newbies: glad that you have found us and nice to have someone from a country we've not had on here before (think I'm right in saying that !), Norway.

Lots of us on here interested in lions, including myself. If you go to our Camera Club Section you'll see some photos taken just last month by myself and another two members who were all in Kenya, there's some good ones Wink

Now I must confess to having to Google what a Belgian Malionis looked like and I see it's what we would call an Alsation, very beautiful I love you You say he is a working dog, what do you work him as ?

Enjoy the forum
Doogs drunken
Doogs
Doogs

Back to top Go down

Post  whitestarling Thu Oct 27, 2011 10:05 pm

Hei svisak
Velkommen til Wila om dyr
I hope you enjoy looking round our site, there's lots of news about Lions, and especialy one group in Kenta called the Marsh Pride, at the moment. They featured in the BBC series Big Cat Live, I do'nt know of you've had that on TV, in Norway. As Doogs said there are photos, and news from our members who have been on Safari in Kenya in the last few months. These are the links to some of them to save you looking
https://wildaboutanimals.forumotion.net/t1205-lions-masai-mara-doogs

https://wildaboutanimals.forumotion.net/t1201-masai-mara-september-2011-lions

https://wildaboutanimals.forumotion.net/t1254-maasai-mara-september-2011
It would be great if you have any photos of your Dog, we had a cross Alsatian, Labrador called Sam, and he looked just like a long haired Alsatian, he was a brilliant Dog. Look forward to hearing from you again, and if you need any help finding anything or posting pictures just ask on the forum, and one of us will get back to you.

WS
Whitestarling The Admin Team
whitestarling
whitestarling
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Laikipia Fri Oct 28, 2011 9:43 am

Hello Svisak and welcome to WAA. Enjoy looking round the site, we've plenty on lions and other african wildlife.

I've not heard of a Belgian Malinois before, but just looked them up, they look very like german shepherds. Do you have any photographs? We'd love to see him.

If you need any help with anything please ask, we are all here to help.

Lai Pai
Laikipia
Laikipia

Back to top Go down

Post  Safari Maiden Fri Oct 28, 2011 1:47 pm

Hi Svisak and Welcome to WAA,

I have never heard of the Belgian Malinois either and would love to see a pic if you have one.

Anyway we have loads of threads on the Africa's Big Five and hopeyou enjoy them. If there is anything we do not have that you would like added into the forum, just send a PM to the admins (Whitestarling, Littlewid and myself) and will can add it for you.

Please do not be shy and jump right into and threads or even start your own.

Speak soon

SM
aka Safari Maiden
Safari Maiden
Safari Maiden

Back to top Go down

Post  littlewid Sat Oct 29, 2011 3:09 pm

Hello Svisak

WELCOME TO WAA

It's really good to have you here with us. I do believe you are the first member from Norway. It's not a country I have been to so would love to know more about it and the Wildlife there.

German Shepherds and Belgium Shepherds are beautiful dogs, Is a Belgium Malinois a cross breed of a shepherd and something else or a pure breed, I haven't checked them out yet so would love to know more and see if picture if you have one.

I am sure there is lots to interest you on here and please feel free to join in, we are a very friendly bunch and genuinely welcome new members to the gang, so enjoy your time here. If you need any help with anything just shout, we are always happy to help.

Nice to have you with us.
littlewid-x-
littlewid
littlewid
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  markymarc1979 Mon Oct 31, 2011 9:14 am

Hej svisak, I'm new here as well, I Particularly love your appreciation for spotted Hyena's!!
markymarc1979
markymarc1979

Back to top Go down

New Members Introductions - Page 4 Empty Hello

Post  xxx leopard crasey xxx Wed Dec 28, 2011 6:45 pm

um Hi Razz
I have a dog a rabet a gine pig and 2 tortosis i love anemals as u can tell im rubish at spelling i live in zambia but wer going to move 2 etheoper soon im so exicted!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!. cheers
My fav anemal is cheetahs and leopads they are soo cute I love you

bye Very Happy
xxx leopard crasey xxx
xxx leopard crasey xxx

Back to top Go down

Post  whitestarling Wed Dec 28, 2011 11:07 pm

Hi Leopard Crasey
Dont worry about the spelling. The important thing is you love animals, and that comes through in your words. Leopards, and Cheetahs are my favourites to. What are the names of your Pets, we have a Cat called Poppy. Look forward to hearing from you soon
WS
( Whitestarling )
whitestarling
whitestarling
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  littlewid Thu Dec 29, 2011 6:30 am

HI Leopard Crasey

Welcome to the forum, it's lovely to have you with us. Is the picture of the rabbit your rabbit? it's a lovely rabbit I love you You have a nice mixture of animals, what are their names?
I adore Leopards too but my favourite big cat is the Tiger with the Cheetah running a very close second Cheetah
It would be nice to hear more about your pets when you have time and I hope you enjoy looking round the site and please join in wherever you like and if you have any questions please just ask one of us, we are always happy to help.
Have fun
littllewid-x-
littlewid
littlewid
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Laikipia Thu Dec 29, 2011 5:43 pm

Welcome to WAA Leopard Crasey - I agree with you, my favourite big cat is the leopard.

I've just come back from visiting South Luangwa National Park in Zambia, a beautiful place with some amazing wildlife but no cheetah.

Looking forward to hearing more about your animals.

Lai
Laikipia
Laikipia

Back to top Go down

Post  Doogs Thu Dec 29, 2011 11:06 pm

:newbies: Leopard Crasey :newbies: - Welcome to our Forum

As WS don't worry about the spelling, we know what you were meaning and that's the main thing.

Great to hear you love Leopards and Cheetah, as a 4 time visitor to the Masai Mara I also absolutely adore these cats. If you go to our WAA Camera Club section you will see photos from myself and another two members on here who were all in the Mara in Sept, plenty of photos of leopards and cheetah on there for you to look at.

Hope you enjoy the forum, please do not hesitate to ask questions if you are stuck with anyone.

Doogs Cheetah
Doogs
Doogs

Back to top Go down

Post  redroxy888 Fri Dec 30, 2011 7:36 pm

I have four fish and two guinea pigs and might get some dogs and cats as well

redroxy888

Back to top Go down

Post  whitestarling Fri Dec 30, 2011 10:52 pm

Hi Redroxy