Wild About Animals
New members come, and say Hello
Plant a seed and watch it grow
Old Members why not share your news
We have loads more for you to choose
Guests your welcome to have a look
but why not sign up and then get hooked!
To All its a pleasure to have you with us

Note: New Members are expected to post within one Month of joining, and post on a fairly regular basis.

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

Wild About Animals
New members come, and say Hello
Plant a seed and watch it grow
Old Members why not share your news
We have loads more for you to choose
Guests your welcome to have a look
but why not sign up and then get hooked!
To All its a pleasure to have you with us

Note: New Members are expected to post within one Month of joining, and post on a fairly regular basis.
Wild About Animals
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Welcome to everyday Lets Talk

+6
Anne-Marie1981
Doogs
Laikipia
whitestarling
Safari Maiden
littlewid
10 posters

Page 31 of 40 Previous  1 ... 17 ... 30, 31, 32 ... 35 ... 40  Next

Go down

Welcome to everyday Lets Talk - Page 31 Empty Re: Welcome to everyday Lets Talk

Post  whitestarling Sun Nov 28, 2010 1:47 pm

Its great to have you back Minty Welcome to everyday Lets Talk - Page 31 768480 We've all missed you. Well done for passing all those tests, and I'm glad you got some back up, you might need it the way the crickets going lol!. I have posted 1 Pic in Winter Pics under Lets Talk with some snow. We've still got it lying on the ground where we live, but it's all icy now.
Dont know what you Girls are panicing about Xmas for there plenty of time to do the shopping, and buy pressies. Cheistmas Eves miles away yet Welcome to everyday Lets Talk - Page 31 40683
WS
whitestarling
whitestarling
Admin

https://wildaboutanimals.forumotion.net

Back to top Go down

Post  littlewid Sun Nov 28, 2010 2:53 pm

affraid affraid affraid You waiting for the sales WS??? thats such a bloke thing...leave it till the last minute Welcome to everyday Lets Talk - Page 31 40683 bet Mrs S is more organised than you are Welcome to everyday Lets Talk - Page 31 768480

I am nearly done now Lai, been out again this morning and I just have my Bro-in-Law to get but I need to get his nearer to Christmas. Again it was FFFFreeezing out there today so I brought myself a new coat as well, got a Montaray Duffle Coat, it's a reddy Orange colour and beautifully lined and more importantly soooooooo warm Welcome to everyday Lets Talk - Page 31 853843 so now i'm all set for the Winter Welcome to everyday Lets Talk - Page 31 768480
Haven't thought about decorations this year yet, infact i'm not too sure if I will put too many up as Splodge has this thing about investigating everything and then deciding it all needs killing just incase it attacks lol! so I can just imagine the state of a Christmas tree and decorations affraid

Oh yes, my sister put me in a dilema last night, she text to say Sue who bred Nero has a full brother to Nero that I can have. He is Golden in colour so should be really cute. Trouble is, its then double trouble and what with working full time it's the leaving it and puppy training and two years on from Nero being a puppy i'm not sure my Mum is up for daily visits at lunch time......I need to do some serious thinking scratch

Oh yes Lai, strictly.....Mmmm I see why Ann and Anton are so funny now. I so loved last nights performance, it was brilliant, Anton is so clever. I think they will stay in and agree Gavin will go. He is self contious but he did try to put character in it last night and you can see he is trying very hard, but he just isn't getting there.
Also how could they be so nice to Scott when he mucked up so badly and then come down hard on Matt, he was amazing last night.....so not fair Mad

Right housework etc is looming so I had better get on. Hope your all having a good day Very Happy and keeping warm.

littlewid-x-
littlewid
littlewid
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Safari Maiden Sun Nov 28, 2010 7:14 pm

This is going to be short and sweet.

We have a bug in our house and Im feeling really rough, courtesy of TT.

Minty great to hear from you and I had often wondered if you had passed out and were now on the beat. Well done with all you hard work.

Heads going to explode off to take tablets.

SM
Safari Maiden
Safari Maiden

Back to top Go down

Post  whitestarling Sun Nov 28, 2010 9:11 pm

Know the feeling SM> I think I've got the same thing, head feels like a pressure cooker, could'nt get warm at all yesterday. Mind you at 2-00pm today it was -5% Cent Brrrr. Your right about Mrs S LW she spent the day at a retail park at Chester with a friend, and her ex Manageress from work who had the stroke, they all had a Girly day out Chrimo shopping while I stayed at home with Man Flue Sad . The poms Made a great fight back today Minty, so that should keep the Aussies of your back.
WS
whitestarling
whitestarling
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Laikipia Mon Nov 29, 2010 10:43 am

Morning everyone

WS and SM fingers crossed you'll both be well again really soon, it's so cold out there anyway, and if you're all full of bugs you must feel 1000 times worse. Lots of hot drinks and wrap up warm and not too much drunken WS lol!

What can I say Littlewid? I really thought Gavin would be voted off - it seems we (although I am not voting yet) all have different ideas, its interesting to see how this is going to work out, I think Anton and Ann are heading to the final 3 jocolor

A new coat seems like a really good idea today, my fingers can hardly type I am so cold. We're going to London today, my mum and I and Pete this evening for the tennis at the Royal Albert Hall tomorrow. Sadly, there is yet another tube strike and a fair bit of snow around, so fingers crossed we make it and can get around okay.

Have a great day everyone.

Lai
Laikipia
Laikipia

Back to top Go down

Post  littlewid Mon Nov 29, 2010 8:42 pm

GOOD EVENING EVERYONE Hope your all keeping warm and that WS & SM are feeling better Very Happy ...... not too many hot todies WS Very Happy

It seems funny talking about Tennis Lai when there is snow on the ground, I always think of Tennis as a summer sport......are you getting Champagne and Strawberrys as well bounce I hope the Tube strike doesn't cause a problem for you.

Hope you've also had a good weekend Doogs and the snow didn't spoil your travel plans and flights, the snows been pretty bad in Scotland hasn't it and very chilly.

It's FFFrreeezing here at the moment and we are predicted snow tonight What a Face ......almost makes you want to have a Duvet Day tomorrow Very Happy

Stay warm and stay safe on the roads everyone.

littlewid-x-
littlewid
littlewid
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  whitestarling Mon Nov 29, 2010 10:44 pm

Evenin ALL
Still very cold, and frosty here as well. There's still some snow on the ground around the house, although its all frozen now. Felt a little better today, but feeling woozy again now. Not sure if its the Bug, or the Whisky Welcome to everyday Lets Talk - Page 31 40683 Welcome to everyday Lets Talk - Page 31 40683 .
Hope you got to the racing Doogs, and it was'nt called off with the weather. There's not much chance of that with the tennis at least Lai, hope you get there OK, and in time.
Hmmmm Duvet Day, and Hot Toddys LW sounds just what the Doctor ordered lol! lol!
WS
whitestarling
whitestarling
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Tue Nov 30, 2010 12:27 pm

Hello

LW your coat sounds great, just what you need at the moment.
I've been watching your weather on the news, how strange to get snow so early! We've had a really wet spring, the wettest since '93 i think and more rain to come. I am a gardener so i am loving this rain for my garden and i've been busy out there planting, i love the insects that visit my garden, loads of bees, butterflies and dragonflies hovering over the pond. I've got 24 varieties of Hydrangea now and found a pommy gardening show on sky called Gardeners World - i love it.

I had a bit of a panic and started Xmas shopping LW, lucky i did as i bought the second last ipad in the shop for Imogen, apparantly they are selling like hotcakes over here and demand will exceed supply. I bought an iphone too as Imogen also has a birthday this Saturday. Nakeeta wants a gym membership and some David Attenborough DVD's. I've got a couple of things for them already, but with an iphone and ipad Imogen won't be getting too much else. Am going to put up the tree this week!! I always start to get excited when the tree goes up bounce bounce

The cricket WS i think we have the mental edge going into the next test and yes although i'm on leave i went into work on yesterday to clear something up and the aussies were quite subdued. I hope you are feeling better WS and SM a drop of brandy might do the trick!! probably shouldn't be encouraging WS to drink though Laughing

I also had to drop my car in for a quote as someone rear ended me at an intersection last week, nothing major, but i need a new rear bumper, my car is only just over a year old too - nevermind she was insured and it will be fixed good as new.

Lai it seems as you are having a great time - The Royal Albert Hall - isn't that where they do Last Night of the Proms??, take care in the weather and get home safe.

Doogs - how are you? Lovely to see you all on here again.

I'm getting my haircut in the morning and then i'm going to have a day of doing nothing but watching tele and browsing on here i think, i start nights for a week this sunday for the first time, so i'd better make the most of this week.

Take care all and stay safe

TTMx

Back to top Go down

Post  littlewid Tue Nov 30, 2010 8:22 pm

Evening Everyone

Ooo TTM, i'm so glad I don't do nights anymore What a Face that 2 - 4 AM used to kill me, trying to stay awake was awful, I used to wander round the ward trying to tidy up really quietly to keep myself awake but not wake the patients, then when it was time to go home at 8AM I was wide awake and then had trouble getting to sleep.......now it's days only and no weekends or bank Holidays Welcome to everyday Lets Talk - Page 31 71418 it's been that way for the last 14yrs and I wouldn't change it.
Hope your nights go ok for you.

I'm sure Gardenrs World has been going for years......WS will let you know on that one as he is loads older than me and will remember for sure Welcome to everyday Lets Talk - Page 31 40683
I love Hydrangea's, I used to have one at the side of my front door but it really took over and I took it out in the end but I do really like them. I think we have seen more Butterflys this year here as well, they seemed to disappear for a while but i'm sure there has been more of them this year.

Sounds like you are definiatley getting sorted for santa rendeer TTM and the girls pressies sound just the ticket bounce i'd love an ipad Very Happy

Not good about your car.......how embarrasing to rear end a cops car Embarassed hope it all gets sorted soon for you, it's always a pain when something happens to your car isn't it.

Hope you enjoy the rest of your time off and have a good old catch up on here and hope the haircuts a success.

How are you feeling WS and SM? hope your both feeling a bit better today. There are loads of colds and tummy upsets going around here at the moment and it's hitting people of all ages and the school kids are being hit hard as well, poor Lara and Kian have been suffering badly just lately. lets hope it all goes away for Christmas for everyone.

How was the Tennis Lai? I hope you all had a good time and the weather hasn't mucked up the travelling to and from London. Who was playing?

Have a good evening everyone and stay warm.

littlewid-x-
littlewid
littlewid
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  whitestarling Tue Nov 30, 2010 9:21 pm

Evenin ALL
I always hated nights when I had to do them. Do'nt envy you Minty, but I suppose when there's action the time does go quicker. Gardners World has been on for a long time. I think its been on as long as LW's been dislexic when she looks at her birth certificate lol! .
We had another dollop of snow today, but it's not to bad, we can still get around. Hmmm Brandy now theres a thought Welcome to everyday Lets Talk - Page 31 40683 Welcome to everyday Lets Talk - Page 31 40683 .
Hope everyones had a good day. Roll on Adalaid
WS
whitestarling
whitestarling
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Laikipia Wed Dec 01, 2010 8:07 am

Morning everyone

We came back last night to lots of snow, and it's fffffffffffffffrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrreeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeezing today Shocked I feel so sorry for all the wildlife!

The tennis was fun - I just love the Royal Albert Hall, it's such a versatile place, and yes it is where they do the last night of the proms. It's a 5 day tournament with some of the older players, we saw Pat Cash and Pat Rafter first, Pat Rafter winning. Then doubles with Bahrami (the Iranian who does all the trick shots and is a laugh a minute) Jenning v McNamara and Woodforde. Then another singles game. It was a bit of fun and my mum loved it as she's a huge tennis fan. We then had to get the evening train back and fortunately made it through all the snow.

I think Gardeners World is also on the radio Minty or am i imagining that? As the tv programme I think Littlewid is right, it's been around for a while.

Hoping you are both feeling better now, WS and SM lol!

Have a great day - Minty enjoy your time off and relax while you can Welcome to everyday Lets Talk - Page 31 71418

Lai
Laikipia
Laikipia

Back to top Go down

Post  Doogs Wed Dec 01, 2010 9:51 pm

Hellllllllllo everyone cheers

Well I have returned home from cold and frosty Leicester then Birmingham Airport to Siberia oh maybe I got that wrong, it's Aberdeen lol! Our flight home was delayed for 2 hours then mid air, mid flight the pilot announced that Aberdeen Airport was shut pale We carried on up the road though and thankfully it re-opened. After being 'in the hold' for what seemd like forever we landed in a very snowy Aberdeen 2 1/2 hours late - better late than never though !! We had a good few days away, unfortunately the racing was cancelled due to the frost but the footie was on on Monday night and my team Leicester won 1-0 Razz

Great to see that Minty is well and truly back, we've all missed you and hope you will be able to fit us into your shifts :) I'm doing well, thanks Welcome to everyday Lets Talk - Page 31 853843 Very, very well done on passing all your exams and becoming a 'proper cop'. You've obviously put a lot of hard work and effort into getting where you are, you've done brilliantly Cool Nice to hear all the animals are doing well and arent' the girls are growing up fast affraid

So does everyone now have snow ?? (apart from Minty of course Laughing ) We're bad but it seems to have travelled down Scotland a bit and the central belt are really getting battered with it. Edinburgh Airport has been shut last night and all of today affraid

Glad to hear you re prepared for the cold LW with your new Duffle Coat, sounds affa cosy Very Happy Like you I'm pretty well on with the santa shopping, just a few more to get - then there's the chore of the wrapping and the cards to do Crying or Very sad

Sorry to hear you're poorly SM and WS, hope you both get better soon cheers Some men will do anything to get out of rendeer shopping Welcome to everyday Lets Talk - Page 31 40683

Sounds like you've been busy Lai, concerts Crying or Very sad and tennis matches Welcome to everyday Lets Talk - Page 31 853843 Sounds like you all had a great night at the Albert Hall and brilliant your mum loved it Welcome to everyday Lets Talk - Page 31 71418

Right better see what else is on here, looks like there's plenty to catch up with.

Take care all, stay warm, dry and safe
Doogs Welcome to everyday Lets Talk - Page 31 768480

Doogs
Doogs

Back to top Go down

Post  whitestarling Wed Dec 01, 2010 11:27 pm

Feeling loads better today Guys thanks. Glad you had a great time Lai, and got home safe, and well. Doogs your not supposed to tell people Men do things like that affraid . You'll have Mrs S getting suspicious. Just read about your return journey. You said the Pilot said Aberdeen was closed, but you carried on up the road. confused scratch I always thought Planes traveled in the Air Welcome to everyday Lets Talk - Page 31 40683 Welcome to everyday Lets Talk - Page 31 40683
WS
whitestarling
whitestarling
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Doogs Thu Dec 02, 2010 9:31 am

Trust you WS !!!! lol! Welcome to everyday Lets Talk - Page 31 40683
Doogs
Doogs

Back to top Go down

Post  littlewid Thu Dec 02, 2010 10:10 am

HI Guys
Good to have you back safely Doogs Very Happy I'm off today due to the weather thought this would be a good place to be but keep loosing my internet connection today....must be snow on the line lol! and the reply button is a bit weird too, so I will come back on later and post some pics and some other fun stuff....connection allowing.

Have a great morning everyone.
littlewid-x-
littlewid
littlewid
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Laikipia Thu Dec 02, 2010 12:35 pm

lol! love your new avatar Littlewid Welcome to everyday Lets Talk - Page 31 71418

sorry have the head from hell today so not posting much - think WS sent it over the Welsh hills.

Hope you are both okay today SM and WS.

Lai :|
Laikipia
Laikipia

Back to top Go down

Post  littlewid Thu Dec 02, 2010 12:37 pm

Lai don't you worry, it's going around, my mum has it today plus the stinking cold. You stay in and keep warm , drink plenty and take the Paracetamol for the head. Look after yourself.

littlewid-x-
littlewid
littlewid
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  whitestarling Thu Dec 02, 2010 1:00 pm

Hope you feel better soon Lai, mine lasted 2/3 Days, and it's not nice. It was'nt me what sent it honest. Tale LW's advice drink plenty I did drunken drunken Hic
WS Welcome to everyday Lets Talk - Page 31 40683 Welcome to everyday Lets Talk - Page 31 40683
whitestarling
whitestarling
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Doogs Thu Dec 02, 2010 1:18 pm

Sounds like you're feeling better WS Welcome to everyday Lets Talk - Page 31 71418

Not fine that you're now poorly you Lai, stay warm, keep hydrated and get better soon flower

Funky avatar LW Welcome to everyday Lets Talk - Page 31 853843
Doogs
Doogs

Back to top Go down

Post  Laikipia Thu Dec 02, 2010 2:43 pm

Full of paracetemol and hot fruit teas Very Happy so made it back to my PC Welcome to everyday Lets Talk - Page 31 853843 thanks for the advice and good wishes.

Lai
Laikipia
Laikipia

Back to top Go down

Post  Safari Maiden Thu Dec 02, 2010 8:48 pm

Hope you are feeling better soon Lai. The cold I had and thought I was getting rid of has gone into my head so had to go back to work with a head cold. Lemsip, Paracetemol and strepsils are what Im living on.

As my mum would say ' drink plenty' Lai and WS that is not an instruction to crack up the boddies Wink

SM
Safari Maiden
Safari Maiden

Back to top Go down

Post  whitestarling Thu Dec 02, 2010 10:06 pm

Mad Spoil Sport
WS
whitestarling
whitestarling
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Anne-Marie1981 Fri Dec 03, 2010 1:00 pm

Hi everyone!!! I'm back, maybe only briefly, but I'm back :) thank you to both Lai and LW for your messages. I thought I'd sneak on as I appear to have got on top of things today (shouldn't have said that) and while the bosses are out. Work has really been manic, and everytime I've tried to pop on the phone rings and I have to dash so I have no idea what I've read or haven't read.

Hope everyone who's been struck down with a winter lurgy bug is feeling better. And Doogs I'm glad you got back safely. This blooming weather is crazy. I can't believe how bad you have it in Scotland, and now its hit the south east badly. Shocked Shocked We've managed to avoid the worst of it, thankfully.

What a start to the second test of the ashes!! Can't believe we had them 0-2 Shocked Shocked wow!! Fingers crossed for an England win. And Graeme Swann is up for Sports Personality of the Year Very Happy I'm going to the show this year. Can't wait. I've been once before and it was a cracking event.

Lai, I would have loved to go to the tennis Very Happy those tube strikes seem to follow you around. Did you go to see Jackson at the Tusk Trust event? What was it like?

Right, going to have a little nosey and catch up (also have some swan pictures Very Happy)
Anne-Marie1981
Anne-Marie1981

Back to top Go down

Post  Laikipia Fri Dec 03, 2010 3:57 pm

Funny you should say that Anne-Marie - it does seem every time we get to London they are striking. I posted a bit on the Tusk lecture under Tusk Trust thread in Conservation & Environment. It was brilliant and we had a great time, all 3 speakers were fantastic.

Lai
Laikipia
Laikipia

Back to top Go down

Post  littlewid Fri Dec 03, 2010 5:05 pm

Welcome to everyday Lets Talk - Page 31 71418 JUST GOOD TO HAVE YOU BACK ANNE-MARIE Welcome to everyday Lets Talk - Page 31 71418
And glad you are ok, even though they have been overworking you. Hows Millie with the snow and cold?

littlewid-x-
littlewid
littlewid
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 31 of 40 Previous  1 ... 17 ... 30, 31, 32 ... 35 ... 40  Next