Wild About Animals
New members come, and say Hello
Plant a seed and watch it grow
Old Members why not share your news
We have loads more for you to choose
Guests your welcome to have a look
but why not sign up and then get hooked!
To All its a pleasure to have you with us

Note: New Members are expected to post within one Month of joining, and post on a fairly regular basis.

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

Wild About Animals
New members come, and say Hello
Plant a seed and watch it grow
Old Members why not share your news
We have loads more for you to choose
Guests your welcome to have a look
but why not sign up and then get hooked!
To All its a pleasure to have you with us

Note: New Members are expected to post within one Month of joining, and post on a fairly regular basis.
Wild About Animals
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Welcome to everyday Lets Talk

+5
whitestarling
princesspurplehippy
littlewid
Doogs
Laikipia
9 posters

Page 12 of 40 Previous  1 ... 7 ... 11, 12, 13 ... 26 ... 40  Next

Go down

Welcome to everyday Lets Talk - Page 12 Empty Re: Welcome to everyday Lets Talk

Post  Laikipia Sun Sep 16, 2012 3:27 pm

Good afternoon everyone - we seem to be up and running again, Broadband on at work and home, CCTV okay and the alarms so all quiet finally!

Hope you are all having a good and relaxing weekend and enjoying some sunshine (not in Cheshire today).

We went to see Planet Earth in Concert at the Bridgwater Hall in Manchester yesterday afternoon with my mum. Absolutely fantastic, a big screen with clips from the series and some wonderful music to go with it performed by the Philharmonia Orchestra and George Fenton who composed the music and conducted. Well worth it and next year they are doing the same for Frozen Planet. Worth keeping an eye out for it as it's on tour.

http://www.planetearthinconcert.com/

Lai
Laikipia
Laikipia

Back to top Go down

Post  Doogs Mon Sep 17, 2012 1:41 pm

Unfortunately no win at the Bingo last week No . . . . . but we'll keep trying Wink

Did you enjoy your albino with your friend last week LW ?

Good to hear you seem to be up and running again Lai - you don't realise how much you miss the internet etc once it's not available !!! Glad you and your mum enjoyed the concert, sounds like it was a good way to spend a Sunday afternoon Very Happy

Didn't get on here on Friday as I was out for lunch (a light one) with a friend then out for an Indian at night with my mum & sister - it was lurvely !! Saturday was lovely and sunny so did some washing and got it hung out. Yesterday I was into work for 5 hours before heading over to mum & dads for tea.

Doogs Group Hug
Doogs
Doogs

Back to top Go down

Post  whitestarling Mon Sep 17, 2012 10:41 pm

Hope everyone had a good weekend, the Concert sounded good Lai and it's good your connections are now up, and running. What a Face 5 Hrs on a sunday Doogs, at least I now I was'nt the only one working. The weather here was rubbish yesterday, mostly Raining , but todays been sunny .
WS
whitestarling
whitestarling
Admin

https://wildaboutanimals.forumotion.net

Back to top Go down

Post  Laikipia Tue Sep 18, 2012 10:17 am

I spoke too soon WS. On and off again all day yesterday and today, BT are having a major problem and so are we scratch

Bad luck at the Bingo Doogs - I am sure you'll have another good win soon. Sounds like you are keeping busy which is good. Not sure about the work bit though Shocked

Torrential rain today which is boring and very sad news of our resident kestrel who it seems has been hit on the road, we've had it here for a while now and it used to roost outside my office and leave charming little fur balls/pellets outside for me. Yet another beautiful creature lost, along with the polecat we saw squashed on the road last week. Honestly it is quite depressing how much road kill there is Mad

On a bright note we've got the BBC here for 2 days this week and 4 days next week filming. I've never seen so many people and so much activity - I was asked if I was an extra Laughing and was almost tempted to offer.

Have a good day everyone and please sign the badger petition if you haven't already and please share it with anyone you can.

Lai

Laikipia
Laikipia

Back to top Go down

Post  Doogs Tue Sep 18, 2012 1:02 pm

Work is okay on a Sunday if you getting paid at double time - it's fine by me Wink Very Happy Good to hear you were also putting in a shift WS.

On/off/on/off what a pain in the backside that must be Lai, are they saying what the problem is ?

So sorry to hear that your resident kestrel has been killed on the road Crying or Very sad For some reason it seems worse to hear of a bird being killed in that manner Sad I take it it is a busy, well used road ?

Oooooh fame, go for it, be an 'extra' !!! What are they filming ?

Badger petition signed.

Doogs Hugs
Doogs
Doogs

Back to top Go down

Post  Laikipia Tue Sep 18, 2012 5:12 pm

BT turned up today and said it was an ongoing fault from 3 years ago! They need a new line but can't afford to put it in Rolling Eyes can you believe it. We've got to contact our local councillor to put pressure on (this according to the engineer)

Can't remember what it is called Doogs - will look at the contract tomorrow, a comedy I think with Sue Perkins (Great British Bake off amongst other things ) and Dawn French and some others. I missed the food at lunchtime sadly but they had a big lorry and a chef. Maybe tomorrow?

Yes, sadly the road is busy and drivers come far too fast, we're always having the wall knocked down Shocked

Have a great evening everyone.

Lai
Laikipia
Laikipia

Back to top Go down

Post  whitestarling Tue Sep 18, 2012 5:40 pm

Your right Doogs working Sundays is OK if your getting double time What a Face sadly I'm No Sad .
Lai affraid You tell that cheeky person who asked you if your an extra, that your a Like a Star @ heaven At least on here you are Welcome to everyday Lets Talk - Page 12 40683 .
Cant understand BT saying they cant afford to put a new line in, and put pressure on the Local Council, surely the line is BT's line, and their problem not the Councils, and you have a contract with them to provide an acceptable service which it's obviously not at the moment
WS
whitestarling
whitestarling
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  littlewid Tue Sep 18, 2012 9:06 pm

Good evening everyone Very Happy

Sorry there was no win at the Bingo Doogs but im sure you hd a good time with your friends and then again at the weekend and then time with your mum and dad.......a right social whirl was going on in Scotland Welcome to everyday Lets Talk - Page 12 768480

How annoying is that Lai with your line on and off all the time, surely they must owe you and others some compensation by now for all the hassle and I think the same as WS, if its a BT line then surey they are responsible and not your local council.....thats very odd.

Hopefully you will be able to check out the food van tomorrow, usually those location food vans have nice food......not that I have eaten from one but you see them on the TV and they always seem to serve nice food. How lovely that your place is being used for a programme/series.

So sad about the Kestral, I do hate hearing news like that and also the little polecat. It makes you so sad doesn't it. Road kills are just enormous these days, going to work is often so upsetting in the morning, you see birds, pheasants, rabbits Badgers (although these are often right at the road side or on the verge so I do have my suspisions as to how they got there!!!), field mice, squirrels, I often feel an emotional wreck by the time I arrive at work, its horrible, I do wish people would drive slower and also look more carefully. What a shame you have lost such beautiful bird.

Weathers been up and down here but even when the sun is out it is now feeling more like Autumn but so far it hasn't been to bad at all.

I had a lovely day on Saturday at Whipsnade Zoo, they do an overnight stay in the Zoo in little huts ( very nice huts actually) its a fantastic sounding experience but its all booked for this year so Emma, Tom and I are thinking of doing it next year with the kids, I think bookings start at the end of this month. The weather was lovely on Saturday, nice and sunny so it made for an even nicer day.

littlewid-x-
littlewid
littlewid
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Laikipia Tue Sep 18, 2012 9:21 pm

I agree about BT. Pete explained it again to me tonight, it seems the lines are done in 100s and 200s and its another 100 that needs replacing scratch I have no idea what he is on about! Anyway, broadband mostly off today and driving me mad. We are blue in the face with reporting the phone lines and as for the council idea it seemed somewhat bizarre! We'll get there in the end.

What a brilliant fun idea that sounds Littlewid. You must definitely get the little hut booked for next year, what a great thing to be able to do. We'll look forward to lots of photos Very Happy

I so agree about being an emotional wreck driving - it's distressing to see so many little creatures having met their fate in such a horrible way. I think we may have a juvenile kestrel around now so that is good news, I hope it takes to roosting outside my office (despite the mess).

Off to see Jonathan at the RGS in London tomorrow night for his talk on living with leopards - can't wait and will report back on how it went on Thursday.

Have a good evening everyone.

Lai
Laikipia
Laikipia

Back to top Go down

Post  Doogs Thu Sep 20, 2012 7:02 pm

Well I'm still at work Crying or Very sad waiting for my boss to pass me what he's needing typed so I'm filling in the time by posting on the forum Wink Working late has also meant we've had to give our usual Bingo slot a miss tonight which is a bit annoying Mad but hey ho.

We've had weather like winter today, cold and horrible pale

Did you see Dawn French wandering about your gardens Lai, I think she is brilliant Very Happy Sooo looking forward to hearing all about Jonathan's talk from last night, I bet it was brilliant Cool

I've commented on the other thread about your photos from Whipsnade LW, great that you got a lovely day for it and you all had a great time.

I will be offline for a few days. Heading down to Glasgow for the weekend as I'm going racing to Ayr on Friday and Saturday - well maybe, due to rain it was abaondoned today affraid so here's hoping it's now stopped and the ground drys up sufficiently for us to get racing ! Back on Sunday night but heading straight up to my sisters as it my nephews birthday.

Have a great weekend everyone and I'll catch up with you all next week.
Doogs Race Horse
Doogs
Doogs

Back to top Go down

Post  littlewid Thu Sep 20, 2012 9:41 pm

Good Evening Everyone Very Happy

I have just looked at the link for Planet Earth Lai, how wonderful that must have been to have gone too, I wished I had known about it earlier but London was 16th September but I will surely look out for the frozen Planet one next year and if you come across it before me maybe you could give me the heads up, I think my mum and Bro-in-law would love to go and see it as well. Sorry I missed that bit of the conversation the other day Embarassed

How was the talk with JS about the Leopards? am sure it was fantastic, looking forward to hearing all about it.

How lovely that you have a juvenile Kestrel, I do hope he hangs around and nests outside your office for you. I think its kind of lovely that although your original Kestrel sadly died, this young one has moved in.

Sounds like your in for a busy weekend again Doogs, shame you missed your Bingo night but the extra cash will be worth it. Fingers crossed the weather is good for the racing and I hope your Nephew enjoys his birthday party, how old will he be?

I went and had my haricut this evening and although my hairdresser and I do natter a lot whilst I am there and we have discussed animals before, tonight it really came out how much of an animal lover she is, she and her boyfriend have visited a lot of the places I have been to locally and she told me the last time I went that they were trying to befriend the squirrels in their garden by feeding them and now they will come and eat out of her hand, they love monkey nuts apparantly Squirrel

It's turned really chilley here and tonight I have relented and put my heating on. We have had some nice sunny days but the early mornings and evenings are getting quite cold now....Autumn is here I believe.

Friday tomorrow and the weekend is nearly here, hope it's a good one for everyone Welcome to everyday Lets Talk - Page 12 853843

littlewid-x-
littlewid
littlewid
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  whitestarling Thu Sep 20, 2012 10:21 pm

Hope the weather improves, and you get to see the racing. Shame you missed the Bingo, but at least you've earned some extra £s to have a bet Welcome to everyday Lets Talk - Page 12 40683 . How great your hairdresser is feeding the squirrels by hand LW, I wonder if she's thought of saving some of the hair in the springtime to put out for Birds to use as nesting materials ?. Yep Friday's come round again already, and that means Work for me affraid
WS
whitestarling
whitestarling
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Laikipia Sun Sep 23, 2012 4:22 pm

Good afternoon everyone.

Finally we seem to be okay at home with Broadband but we'll have to wait and see. BT had a couple of engineers out on the main road for several days messing around with the box and a million lines! Fingers crossed.

We had a brilliant time at the Royal Geographical Society last week with Jonathan Scott 'Living with Leopards' introduced by Kate Silverton who had her little daughter Clemency with her (baby sitting problem) she was def the star of the show! Jonathan talked about all the big cats, a lot about leopards and showed some of Angie's wonderful photos. It was all in support of Leopard Guardian which is an initiative in Sri Lanka to set up a professional association of nature guides, create an on-line leopard ID file, provide a predator watch/patrol vehicle and improve livestock management.

The book the Marsh Lions was being sold and signed by Jonathan with £5 from each sale going to Leopard Guardians. The evening raised over £10,000 which is wonderful.

Poor J & A had a car crash driving to Nairobi airport on Saturday, someone drove into the back of them so next day after the talk Angie was going for a scan to check she hadn't suffered too much - she's had such a hard time recently. It was a great evening and lovely to see them both again. Roll on Zambia Very Happy

On Friday night Cheshire Wildlife Trust had an evening with Simon King. He is President of the Trust and Cheshire are celebrating 50 years so he was the guest speaker. What a fantastic evening. He spoke for at least two hours with some great photos and took questions. The talk was about Nature on your doorstep, whether that is at home, whilst travelling or anywhere in the world. He really is a brilliant speaker and very funny. Lots of questions asked and mine was the first - about the badger cull of course and what we can do to help. Keep the momentum going, write to our MP's, sign the petitions, keep talking and keep pressure on was the gist of the answer.

Another book signing afterwards - Cheshire WT had produced a lovely book to celebrate their 50 years so I just had to buy it! An opportunity for a quick catch up and then home much later than we had expected.

I hope you've all had a good week and weekend - and hope to catch up properly tomorrow if I am still on-line.

Still busy with the BBC - my word they do take over!

Lai
Laikipia
Laikipia

Back to top Go down

Post  whitestarling Mon Sep 24, 2012 5:14 pm

Glad you Broadband seems to be sorted Lai fingers X it now stays OK. Glad you had a great time at RGS sounds as though it was really good. Its brilliant the money from the Marsh Pride book is raising money for the Leopard Guardians, a case of Cats helping Cats. Simons night sounded great to, wish I could have been there to listen to him.
What a shame J&A had a car accident, thats the last thing Angie needed after her recent operation hope she's OK.
Did you get to the racing Doogs ?. The weather here was OK at the weekend, but today, its been
Raining Raining Raining Raining Raining Raining and then more Raining affraid and everywhere's flooded. It's also forcast more for tomorrow. Hope everyone's stayed safe in this weather.

WS
whitestarling
whitestarling
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Laikipia Tue Sep 25, 2012 9:03 am

I spoke too soon WS. BT called to say problem can't be fixed now until gas works are completed on the main road, so no broadband at home and endless problems on going Mad No What a Face

Will have to catch up later.

Hope everyone else is okay and not suffering with floods, it hasn't stopped raining for days now!

Lai
Laikipia
Laikipia

Back to top Go down

Post  whitestarling Tue Sep 25, 2012 10:59 am

Flippin eck Lai, your really suffering with the conection, you sure your not with British Rail, sounds like some of their excuses. If your off at home I'd be thinking compensation for down time. Still raining here to lots of floods yesterday. Hope everyone else's OK
WS
whitestarling
whitestarling
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Laikipia Tue Sep 25, 2012 1:51 pm

We can claim for compensation for the business which is home/business once the problem is sorted, but not until scratch Rolling Eyes What a Face

At least I am currently on-line in my office.

Hope everyone is okay, just saw the lunchtime news and the awful floods.

Lai
Laikipia
Laikipia

Back to top Go down

Post  littlewid Tue Sep 25, 2012 5:53 pm

Good Evening Everyone Very Happy

It sounds as if you have had some really fantastic evenings Lai and also lots of money has been raised for such fantastic causes. I wished I either lived nearer to some of the talks or they had one on my home turf, I too would love to hear JS & SK talk and I am sure Zambia will come round very soon. Sorry to hear about J & A's car crash, fingers crossed Angie is ok.

What a pain about your Broadband but it's good you can get some compensation but not good that its till it's all sorted but then again it makes sense as you will then claim for the whole period it was off and all the disruption it caused in that time.

Hope you had a fantastic weekend with your friends Doogs and also at your Nephews party on Sunday, looking forward to hearing all about it.

Hows everyone else doing? hope you are all ok.

We too have had the dreadful downpours and the village was flooded again on Sunday but not the same part as before, its actualy stopped raining now but we have the winds and I think the rain is heading back for tonight. I hope everyone is ok an not suffering too much.

I am on Ferret duty again this week as my neighbours are away, looking after them is fine but letting them out in between the down pours is rather difficult, they are quite hardy little things but I would hate for them to get soaked and then potentialy get a cold.

Good news for little Kian last weekend, he played his second football match and won man of the match, he was so chuffed especially as he had been trodden on and winded in a tackle, the little man thought it was well worth it Very Happy

Have a good rest of the week everyone

littlewid-x-
littlewid
littlewid
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Doogs Tue Sep 25, 2012 10:27 pm

Right I've been catching up here for a few hours and I'm now going to call it a night as I didn't sleep very well last night so feeling a bit Sleep

Think I'm just about caught up with everything apart from here and the Amur Leopards so will do that tomorrow.

Night all
Doogs Sleeping
Doogs
Doogs

Back to top Go down

Post  littlewid Tue Sep 25, 2012 10:54 pm

Hope you sleep better tonight Doogs Sleep and all the posts will still be here tomorrow. Good to have you back Welcome to everyday Lets Talk - Page 12 853843

littlewid-x-
littlewid
littlewid
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Laikipia Wed Sep 26, 2012 12:16 pm

Hello everyone

I hope you are all okay in different parts of the UK - the floods have been awful in some parts. We seem to be okay but the river is very high this morning, the dogs and I just went and had a look. I wouldn't want to be a kingfisher.

Doogs, fingers crossed you managed to get a good nights sleep and are feeling okay today, it's hard once your mind starts whirring and you can't switch off. Counting Sheep has never worked for me!

I'm not envious of you on ferret duty with this rain Littlewid, must be hard to get them in and out - I bet they are tougher than they look though. Good news re Kian and the football, man of the match is excellent, what a Like a Star @ heaven he is.

I agree about all these talks Littlewid. So many are in London but we were lucky with Simon K coming up here, it was only 15 mins away so no problem. Luckily Pete & I are able to travel up and down to London a lot so we use the opportunity to catch up with friends and go and listen to a talk or something.

Take care outside everyone.

Lai

Laikipia
Laikipia

Back to top Go down

Post  littlewid Wed Sep 26, 2012 10:25 pm

Good evening Everyone Very Happy

I bet your little Kingfisher has had trouble Lai with the rising water level, I hope he/she is ok and their little home has not been flooded.
We hav not had it too bad today, it's still poured down but not as awful as it was yesterday and when I got home the sun was shinning, that gave the Ferrets a good opportunity to have a good run around in the garden......and investigate Mark & Dai's veggie box affraid I managed to entice them out with some cat milk though Welcome to everyday Lets Talk - Page 12 768480

Brilliant that SK's talk was only 15 mins away Lai, it would be great if he came and spoke nearer here or even our WWT, I would be there like a shot.

Fingers crossed you had a better night last night Doogs, nothing worse than not sleeping and then hearing that alarm in the morning, hope you have had a good day today.

Also keeping my fingers crossed the weather is better for everyone tomorrow.

littlewid-x-
littlewid
littlewid
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Doogs Wed Sep 26, 2012 11:08 pm

Evening all cheers I'm doing what only us women can do - multi-tasking - watching Mrs Biggs I'd recorded earlier and posting on here Wink

I did sleep better last night thank you all, glad I did 'cause I was so tired. Since I came back my hols my sleeping has been terrible, most unlike me Crying or Very sad Counting Sheep has never worked for me either Lai Laughing

Good weekend spent in Glasgow with my mum & dad which included taking in the races at Ayr & thankfully we got racing both days. We stayed in a two bedroomed apartment in the city centre and it was perfect, very central for everything. WS, I managed to bag a few winners Wink so without counting it to the penny I was either level or just up so that will do for me Very Happy

Your internet etc 'connections' coming and going all the time must be driving you nuts Lai !! Crying or Very sad Your night at the RGS sounded amazing, you were so lucky being able to attend that. What a shame for J&A being in a car crash, you're right Angie really has had a hard time of it lately, I hope she is ok. Not content with a night with JS you then have one with SK alien alien alien alien lol! That also sounded a really good night and even better it was virtually on your doorstep Cool

Hope the ferrets have been behaving for you LW, they are cute animals I love you Good that you managed to get them out in the sunny today, bet they enjoyed that. Well done to Kian for getting MOTM and also winning his 2nd footie game, that will do his confidence/enthusiasm the world of good.

Doogs drunken
Doogs
Doogs

Back to top Go down

Post  princesspurplehippy Thu Sep 27, 2012 8:04 pm

Owl cuteness!!!! Nearly the weekend everyone

Welcome to everyday Lets Talk - Page 12 Articl10
princesspurplehippy
princesspurplehippy

Back to top Go down

Post  Laikipia Fri Sep 28, 2012 9:24 am

Group Hug PPH - a really cute photo.

Morning everyone

More rain overnight here so no doubt all over the UK. Fingers crossed it stops soon and all the floods subside.

We're off to the DSWT dinner in London tonight with Dame Daphne and I really can't wait. No doubt I'll have to sit on my hands as there's an auction as well.

Glad you had a good time at the races Doogs and enjoyed Ayr and Glasgow. If you didn't lose that's brilliant.

I'll post news under the Badger cull thread re my chat with our MP last night.

Whatever you are all up to have a great weekend and stay dry.

Lai
Laikipia
Laikipia

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 12 of 40 Previous  1 ... 7 ... 11, 12, 13 ... 26 ... 40  Next