Wild About Animals
New members come, and say Hello
Plant a seed and watch it grow
Old Members why not share your news
We have loads more for you to choose
Guests your welcome to have a look
but why not sign up and then get hooked!
To All its a pleasure to have you with us

Note: New Members are expected to post within one Month of joining, and post on a fairly regular basis.

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

Wild About Animals
New members come, and say Hello
Plant a seed and watch it grow
Old Members why not share your news
We have loads more for you to choose
Guests your welcome to have a look
but why not sign up and then get hooked!
To All its a pleasure to have you with us

Note: New Members are expected to post within one Month of joining, and post on a fairly regular basis.
Wild About Animals
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Splodge....The Story continues!!

+4
Safari Maiden
Anne-Marie1981
Laikipia
littlewid
8 posters

Page 3 of 6 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next

Go down

Splodge....The Story continues!! - Page 3 Empty Re: Splodge....The Story continues!!

Post  littlewid Sat Jun 19, 2010 8:26 am

She adores the boys Lai, after that picture in the chair, she had a little sleep with Bentley.

Splodge....The Story continues!! - Page 3 Ducks_44

littlewid-x-
littlewid
littlewid
Admin

Back to top Go down

Splodge....The Story continues!! - Page 3 Empty Re: Splodge....The Story continues!!

Post  Safari Maiden Sat Jun 19, 2010 9:10 am

She is adorable LW. I think its great she is close to the boys. I have always had either a dog or cats so from experience know that one will go for the other. I suppose if they have been brought up in a mixed household its just another new lodger to them.

Lovely pictures, keep them coming.

SM
Safari Maiden
Safari Maiden

Back to top Go down

Post  Doogs Sun Jun 20, 2010 12:30 pm

More great piccys LW cheers They all look one big happy family, I think its brilliant how dogs and cats all get along together when they are in the same household.

When I was little we had a labrador and 3 cats and they all got along great, it was lovely. We used to take Dougal (the dog !) round the block every night and usually at least one and sometimes all of the cats used to follow, it was some sight. I don't how many times people used to stop dad, me or whoever was out and say, "do you know you've got x amounts of cats following you" !!!

Pets living together are very loyal to each other and of course their owners I love you I love you
Doogs
Doogs

Back to top Go down

Post  littlewid Mon Jun 21, 2010 5:55 am

Doogs you are right about pets living together being loyal to each other, my lot always seem to be banded together and they all make a great fuss over Splodge, it's great to see. I bet it was a funny sight seeing one or all of your cats walking with Dougal, I have a friend who when she walked her previous dog her cat always walked with them.
I have some great photos of Splodge curled up asleep with Nero and Spook, I will post them when I get in later.

littlewid-x-
littlewid
littlewid
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  atticus Mon Jun 21, 2010 8:29 pm

Well I have finally plucked up the courage to look at her in her new home, and I must admit she is fine doesn't even seem to miss her siblings!

And I am sure she is not a curtain climber LW perish the thought Laughing

I will have to take some pics of Legend and his minders and post for you to see.

Have a good evening everyone

Atticus cat
atticus
atticus

http://www.atticusmainecoons.co.uk

Back to top Go down

Post  littlewid Tue Jun 22, 2010 4:49 pm

Atticus, Splodge is seriously fine, she has settled so well and just adores the dogs, she ets on well with all the other cats but she is definiately a cat who loves dogs, she is never far from one of them.

Oh yes, she is a curtain climber i've just not been able to catch a pic of it yet......but I will....no fear.

I have some more pictures to post and hopefully will get around to it this evening.

Would love to see some pics of Legend.....why not start a thread for Legend.....we can see how the siblings grow and change then.

littlewid-x-
littlewid
littlewid
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Anne-Marie1981 Tue Jun 22, 2010 5:15 pm

Tell you what you should do LW is set up a camera to record when you go out, and then you'll see what she does. Millie used to sleep in a crate, I started to leave the door unlatched (she used to shake if I went out and left her out of her crate) and she used to sneak out. I filmed her!! It was so funny!! She used to come out as soon as she heard my car drive away. She didn't really do much but it was just sweet.
Anne-Marie1981
Anne-Marie1981

Back to top Go down

Post  littlewid Tue Jun 22, 2010 8:01 pm

Theres a thought Anne-Marie, trouble is I only have a little digi camera, it has a video on it but not good for setting up to leave running I don't think......shame that.
I do have a couple of pics though of her asleep with Nero and Spook.

Splodge....The Story continues!! - Page 3 Ducks_45

Splodge....The Story continues!! - Page 3 Ducks_46

Splodge....The Story continues!! - Page 3 Ducks_47

littlewid-x-
littlewid
littlewid
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  whitestarling Tue Jun 22, 2010 11:42 pm

They look as though they have been together for ages LW. Splodge has really settled in has'nt she
WS
whitestarling
whitestarling
Admin

https://wildaboutanimals.forumotion.net

Back to top Go down

Post  whitestarling Tue Jun 22, 2010 11:57 pm

I hope you dont mind me pinching Splodges page for this one LW. I know you've seen the pic before, but you were on about how Animals get on togther. This was our Dog Sam (RIP). He used to babysit our Cats kittens she was called Suky she would bring them out of the box for Sam to wash then he would look after them while she went to eat. He would let them all snuggle up to him, crawl through his mouth, he let them do anything, he was such a gentle Dog especialy for his size he was a cross Alsation Lab. You can see two kittens in the picture, but there's another two more under his front as well

Splodge....The Story continues!! - Page 3 Img10

whitestarling
whitestarling
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  littlewid Wed Jun 23, 2010 6:05 am

WS I don't mind at all, I remember that photo and it's lovely. Sam sounds a wonderful dog, a real gentle fellow and Suky obviously new she could trust him with her kittens which are gorgeous by the way. I woke up to find Splodge cuddled up to Bentley this morning, wished I'd had my camera with me, it's just so lovely to see cats and dogs getting along and i'm sure its because they are brought up in the same household they know no different.
Thank you for putting sam and the kittens on here, it's a gorgeous photo and you can tell from Sams face he was a kind hearted fellow.
littlewid-x-
littlewid
littlewid
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Doogs Wed Jun 23, 2010 12:20 pm

Fantasticly cute pictures LW and WS, lovely Very Happy

Your photo shows just how well the furries have bonded LW and so quickly as well, it's lovely I love you I love you
Doogs
Doogs

Back to top Go down

Post  littlewid Wed Jun 23, 2010 7:14 pm

Thanks Doogs. They do get on really well and have settled so quickly but apart from my lot just accepting what goes on here, Maine Coons are pretty laid back and do settle really quickly, they are amazing cats to have.

littlewid-x-
littlewid
littlewid
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Laikipia Thu Jun 24, 2010 4:42 pm

Gorgeous photos Littlewid and WS - lovely that cats and dogs can get on so well together.

Lai
Laikipia
Laikipia

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Sat Jun 26, 2010 8:47 am

Oh my word Widdy and WS - your photos actually brought tears to my eyes ! I love seeing pictures like that and how animals that are so different can get on so well. We could learn a lot from them.

I still toy with the idea of getting another cat as a companion for Alfie. I know I've been going on about it for ages but I always think I've made my decision... and then I'll change my mind again hehe. Alfie has to come first for me and I don't want to do anything to upset him.

Seeing these pics of gorgeous little Splodge tho... I'm soooo tempted....

Argh!!

Back to top Go down

Post  littlewid Sat Jun 26, 2010 2:40 pm

LT, if it helps my lot settled really quickly with Splodge and I think all cats will settle with another given time and sometimes that time is real quick. I suppose it comes down to do you want to share Alfie with anyone else Very Happy I imagine being just the two of you, you have a wonderful friendship with him but Alfie is young enough to accept another member to the family. As I say, its sometimes do we want to share our little friends with another little friend. There will I suppose always be the animals that dont get on for some reason but that doesnt happen often i'm sure........what a dilema you have What a Face let us know what you decide to do.

littlewid-x-
littlewid
littlewid
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  littlewid Sun Jun 27, 2010 1:42 pm

This is what the heat has done to my little whirlwind of a kitten.

Splodge....The Story continues!! - Page 3 Ducks_52

Mind you, Nero is not much livelier, no chasing for them today

Splodge....The Story continues!! - Page 3 Ducks_53

And my grand old fellow of nearly 17 is snoring away too.....rather loudly!!!

Splodge....The Story continues!! - Page 3 Ducks10

Bless them. I love you

littlewid-x-
littlewid
littlewid
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Laikipia Sun Jun 27, 2010 1:57 pm

Lovely photos - I love you i feel so sorry for all our furries when it's this hot. Splodge looks very chilled there Very Happy

Lai
Laikipia
Laikipia

Back to top Go down

Post  Anne-Marie1981 Mon Jun 28, 2010 10:14 am

Bless them. Its just too hot for them at the minute. Must be horrible having to go round with a furry coat on!! That piccie of splodge is just so cute!!
Anne-Marie1981
Anne-Marie1981

Back to top Go down

Post  Safari Maiden Mon Jun 28, 2010 3:48 pm

They are just flaked out!!! Poor furries! Yep mine are suffering too. They then walk around the house crying at you and flake out again.

SM
Safari Maiden
Safari Maiden

Back to top Go down

Post  Doogs Mon Jun 28, 2010 4:41 pm

Splodge Splodge....The Story continues!! - Page 3 768480 I love you I love you
Doogs
Doogs

Back to top Go down

Post  littlewid Mon Jun 28, 2010 10:37 pm

Thanks guys.

It's still so very hot and they are all flaked out again. Little Splodge is either flaked out or screaming at me and its not always for food, I get the feeling she is asking me to cool it down a bit......i'm not that clever, oh no, got the fan on but not much more I can do.....dont think she'd go for cold baths What a Face she has just eaten and found enough energy to scew up the rug and get food all over her face.

Splodge....The Story continues!! - Page 3 Ducks_54

She looked a little cleaner yesterday with Nero

Splodge....The Story continues!! - Page 3 Ducks_55

littlewid-x-
littlewid
littlewid
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  whitestarling Mon Jun 28, 2010 11:21 pm

Smashing Photos LW, it's a shame when they get so hot, lucky for our two it's not to hot here, and we have had a breeze for the last few days which cools things down
WS
whitestarling
whitestarling
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Laikipia Tue Jun 29, 2010 7:55 am

Lovely photos - Nero just looks so chilled with Splodge Very Happy

Lai
Laikipia
Laikipia

Back to top Go down

Post  littlewid Tue Jun 29, 2010 5:15 pm

Lai, they absolutely adore each other I love you I love you

littlewid-x-
littlewid
littlewid
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 3 of 6 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next