Wild About Animals
New members come, and say Hello
Plant a seed and watch it grow
Old Members why not share your news
We have loads more for you to choose
Guests your welcome to have a look
but why not sign up and then get hooked!
To All its a pleasure to have you with us

Note: New Members are expected to post within one Month of joining, and post on a fairly regular basis.

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

Wild About Animals
New members come, and say Hello
Plant a seed and watch it grow
Old Members why not share your news
We have loads more for you to choose
Guests your welcome to have a look
but why not sign up and then get hooked!
To All its a pleasure to have you with us

Note: New Members are expected to post within one Month of joining, and post on a fairly regular basis.
Wild About Animals
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Some Bella Pics

+4
Safari Maiden
Doogs
Laikipia
whitestarling
8 posters

Page 5 of 11 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6 ... 9, 10, 11  Next

Go down

Some Bella Pics - Page 5 Empty Re: Some Bella Pics

Post  littlewid Sun Feb 24, 2013 10:39 pm

affraid Oh MY Goodness GR, Bed Wars What a Face But then again, I suppose a new bed always has to be tried to make sure it's suitable for a new arrival Very Happy you'll have to let us know who ends up with what bed......I imagin eif they remain close together though the new addition will end up snuggling up with Bellawoo bounce

They are lovely pictures of Bellawoo and I love the way she holds on to your arm whilst you are on the laptop, she is either trying to join in or saying "Hey Dad, don't forget I am here" http://www.picgifs.c

littlewid-x-
littlewid
littlewid
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  gregrowlerson Mon Feb 25, 2013 3:00 am

I did think the other day that maybe they need one big bed for the two of them? Because there is not really room on one of these ones if they want to snuggle together.

I am very happy with these latest pictures of Bella; they are some of my favourites. She is most definitely the apple of my eye; a true princess I love you

I am sharing my pasta with her just now, and had an image of the Lady & The Tramp eating the spaghetti then kissing!

I love you http://www.picgifs.c I love you
gregrowlerson
gregrowlerson

Back to top Go down

Post  Laikipia Mon Feb 25, 2013 8:08 am

Some Bella Pics - Page 5 71418 Those are such great photos of Bella GR, she really is wonderful. I love her watching you at your laptop Group Hug and she obviously had to check out her new bed, of course she thinks it is for her and therefore is showing her appreciation by testing it Some Bella Pics - Page 5 71418

Lai queen http://i77.servimg.c

http://i77.servimg.c couldn't find GR and Bella sharing pasta so it's GR and another Giraffey sharing and it isn't pasta but Some Bella Pics - Page 5 615959 .
Laikipia
Laikipia

Back to top Go down

Post  gregrowlerson Mon Feb 25, 2013 9:51 am

http://i77.servimg.c - kinda close Lai Some Bella Pics - Page 5 40683

Also, are those giraffes drinking, or blowing bubbles? I'm going with the childish latter!

Bella is not just a primadona either. Right now she is snoozing on her black blanket which is really worse for wear, and she loves her blue blanky too, which is off/out of the night bed for now due to the heat, and on the floor!
gregrowlerson
gregrowlerson

Back to top Go down

Post  Laikipia Mon Feb 25, 2013 10:56 am

Blowing bubbles for sure Giraffey Boy - Some Bella Pics - Page 5 71418

Good to know Bella appreciates all her beds and blankets, a dog with good taste for sure.

Lai
Laikipia
Laikipia

Back to top Go down

Post  gregrowlerson Mon Feb 25, 2013 12:11 pm

Bella is an expert at making herself comfortable Very Happy
gregrowlerson
gregrowlerson

Back to top Go down

Post  Doogs Mon Feb 25, 2013 1:26 pm

Awwww those are lovely additional photos of Bella GR I love you

She has definitely stamped her authority on that day bed affraid

Love her keeping an eye on what you're posting / typing on the laptop Some Bella Pics - Page 5 768480
Doogs
Doogs

Back to top Go down

Post  gregrowlerson Mon Feb 25, 2013 8:17 pm

"Love her keeping an eye on what you're posting / typing on the laptop"

Doogs, she has loved checking out the WAA ever LW called her one of our "special members" Group Hug
gregrowlerson
gregrowlerson

Back to top Go down

Post  Doogs Tue Feb 26, 2013 1:34 pm

Some Bella Pics - Page 5 Heart10Some Bella Pics - Page 5 Heart11Some Bella Pics - Page 5 Heart12Some Bella Pics - Page 5 Heart13Some Bella Pics - Page 5 Heart14Some Bella Pics - Page 5 Heart15
Doogs
Doogs

Back to top Go down

Post  whitestarling Tue Feb 26, 2013 5:15 pm

Sorry just catching up GR. Some Bella Pics - Page 5 768480 Great pics of Bella. Now having looked at this I can tell whats going on and whats going to happen. First Bella's just checking out what Doggie playmates your think of getting, when your searching online Very Happy . Next you nearly got there when you said about a bigger bed to share. I can see you ending up in the new Pet bed, and Bellawoo, and new friend sleeping in yours Some Bella Pics - Page 5 40683
WS
whitestarling
whitestarling
Admin

https://wildaboutanimals.forumotion.net

Back to top Go down

Post  gregrowlerson Wed Feb 27, 2013 8:00 pm

ROFL WS! I think it is highly possible that my canine 'friends' will boot me out! Esepcially when it gets to winter and they need more use of the warm blankys.

Milton was on hold last night, but I will check again today if he is still around and available. In which case maybe I will put him on hold. It sounds like putting on hold doesn't mean that you have to definitely take them.
gregrowlerson
gregrowlerson

Back to top Go down

Post  littlewid Wed Feb 27, 2013 10:24 pm

I was wondering if there was any news on Milton Gr as it's Wednesday. Fingers crossed he is still there tomorrow and you can get to meet him. Looking forward to an update.

littlewid-x-
littlewid
littlewid
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  gregrowlerson Sun Mar 03, 2013 7:59 am

Meet Leo (aka Weg-Rah)!

Some Bella Pics - Page 5 Img_0812
Some Bella Pics - Page 5 Img_0813
Some Bella Pics - Page 5 Img_0814
Some Bella Pics - Page 5 Img_0815
gregrowlerson
gregrowlerson

Back to top Go down

Post  Laikipia Sun Mar 03, 2013 8:05 am

Oh my word and http://i70.servimg.c and http://i73.servimg.c Bellaroo has a friend in Leo aka WR http://www.picgifs.c how wonderful. I do hope he settles in okay and that Bella is comfortable with her space being shared.

Let us know how today goes/mmmmmmmm tonight I mean!

Lai Very Happy
Laikipia
Laikipia

Back to top Go down

Post  gregrowlerson Sun Mar 03, 2013 8:13 am

Some Bella Pics - Page 5 Img_0816

But still the fairest doggy of them all is...

Some Bella Pics - Page 5 Img_0817
gregrowlerson
gregrowlerson

Back to top Go down

Post  gregrowlerson Sun Mar 03, 2013 8:55 am

Well it has been a big day and I feel just about ready for bed! So does Leo by the looks of it. He is currently snoozing in Bella's old bed! For the last 10-15 minutes he has allowed himself to really relax which is great; so I think he is feeling relatively comfortable in his new surroundings.

Bella is currently being an anti-social freak in my bedroom (I assume laying on the blue blanky), but she has been doing this a lot lately and it is not necessarily a bad sign.

I think that Bellawoo was more prim and proper than I thought. Certainly it is possible that Leo has had quite a tough life, and it's going to take some time to get a hold of him (if I can at all Laughing ). There have already been a number of incidents with inside toiletries; it's as if he has come in and wants to mark his territory! With Bella I recall that it was more a not understanding of what was right, and so when she felt like going she went, and then very quickly she learnt well. But I think it will be different with Leo, who is also digging up the yard a bit Laughing Still, he is very good natured and loveable. He feels very comfortable with me quickly. When I call him when sitting down (and sometimes even when not) he immediately comes and jumps up on me, or sits by my side (I am trying to teach him that the laptop is not an extension of my lap Very Happy ). It is very lovely to see him snoozing as he is just now; it's been a very big day for him. He really looks to be dreaming sweet doggy dreams Sleeping

Bella and him seem pretty good at the moment. They had a brief game of kiss chasey before and both are on the lookout together when they hear a noise (BTW, Leo tries to bark, but can't; but we have Bella to do that for him http://i70.servimg.c ).

Also by the way, Thanks for the well wishes so quickly Mrs Kipia Group Hug

Leo is up again now, and so I will let him outside. I think that there will be a lot of accidents tonight and tomorrow, though I am doing a good job yelling at him when that leg gets cocked!

And oh no (there are going to be a lot of "Oh Leos")! He just did it again! I got up to let him out as he was looking outside, but then he didn't want to go out, then a minute later whamo; right on the front door! I yelled at him and forced him outside, and will leave him there for a short while as punishment.

I took them for a short walk this afternoon, and Leo is a classic in the way that he just walks into your path like whenever! It's very cookie! The combined lead I got for them works well, but we still get tangled up a lot, and progress is rather slow with sometimes three creatures wanting to go in different directions Some Bella Pics - Page 5 40683

He is wailing (or sounds like it) a little now so I am letting my little boy back in. ROFL He does this really funny and sweet thing (second time he has done it) where I pick up my laptop and then before I have sat down he has already take my spot!

It's been a big day. A sad one too, though more for my parents; a good friend of their's has just days (or even hours to live). It's been no surprise since she's had pancreatic cancer, but still. She has actually driven on for about 18 months when the initial diagnosis was no more than 6 to live, and she has lived most of that relatively healthy, so it's been much better than first expected. I cried for her at the diagnosis. Today I cried for her family. It was sad to see them (especially her husband) so sad, but it was nice to see our dying friend with my parents today before she leaves us. Just hoping that she can hold out for tomorrow afternoon as that is when her daughter gets back from overseas. It has only been the past few days that we've known that she could go at any moment.

It was on the drive there that I got the surprise phone call from the animal shelter with the good news about Leo/Weg-Rah. I was certainly happy, but then this whole strong dislike of the on hold system seemed to bit me on the bum! I just said that I would try to be there before 3:30pm which was todays cut off, without knowing the exact situation with my parents friend, and wondering if this was selfish to even still want to pick up the dog today? Anyhoo, I mentioned it to my parents upon arrival, so no surprise taking ovet to their place of the dog, although as it turned out I was happy to be at the hospital for longer than we were; our patient said she was tired and needed rest, and my parents believed also that this was now 'family time', so we had coffee with 2 of her other good friends and then headed off. My parents have really been great with all there before for her, during her struggles.

Despite the situation they were quite excited to hear about Leo. They really love Bella, so another dog just means double the joy perhaps! With Bella, she has still been herself in many ways today. I play our games with her star squeeky toy, and she plays with gay abandon just as before, and Leo doesn't seem at all interested. It's the same with the tennis ball. Bella still catches it like the star that she is while Leo is almost scared of it. But as Leo lays lovingly by my side with tail wagging just now, I wonder if he's never really gotten to play many games. I think he is really happy to be here, and hopefully with Bella's and my friendship he can begin to have soundly sleeps. I am not sure of what will happen tonight.

http://www.picgifs.c I love you http://www.picgifs.c
gregrowlerson
gregrowlerson

Back to top Go down

Post  gregrowlerson Sun Mar 03, 2013 9:04 am

Oh my! He did just bark! Maybe he just saves it for important moments? Or maybe he now feels like this is home Very Happy

He has immediately jumped back up by me, and Bella has slumped back to my bedroom; but again, this is a regular thingy in the evening, particularly when I am using the laptop!
gregrowlerson
gregrowlerson

Back to top Go down

Post  Laikipia Sun Mar 03, 2013 9:44 am

Don't worry too much GR, it will take time for both dogs to adjust to the new situation. Bella may have her nose slightly out of joint but Leo coming into her house and for Leo it is a whole new world. Who knows what happened to him before and what he knows is right and what is not acceptable. You have to be very patient, but firm.

I'm so sorry to hear about your parents friends, a very tough time for everyone especially their family. I am sending lots of prayers and good thoughts overseas for all of them.

I hope you get some sleep tonight and that Bella and Leo are okay.

Mrs Kipia Very Happy

ps Penny hardly ever barks she's very chatty in other ways but not with barking - perhaps some dogs just don't scratch
Laikipia
Laikipia

Back to top Go down

Post  gregrowlerson Sun Mar 03, 2013 8:23 pm

Last night went really well http://i70.servimg.c It was a nice and meaningful night for me, and hopefully the others too. I can't see or smell any messes this morning, and Leo did number 2's as soon as I let him outside cheers We went to bed just after 9, and the dogs spent time getting on and off the bed, and sometimes I give Leo assistance to get back up with his bad knee. He is a very inquisitive boy, and early in the night was moving onto the dressing table (which I've sinced moved further away) and knocked the smiley stickers (I really do have these yellow faces from about a year ago as they were spares that my mum had from something Very Happy ) off, and the giraffes may have been next to go! He loves to look out the window, standing like a merecat on the sill. It reminded me of the drive home yesterday, where I let him free roam. I had the cage, but someone there advised that being in it would freak him out. Anyhoo, I tried to get him to sit on the front passenger seat, but he kept coming over to me, and then looking out my window (not a great advertisement for safe driving, but it made me laugh a lot). In fact little Bella did the same thing when I first drove her home.

With breakfast before I only gave Leo 4 meatballs (I can give him more at lunchtime) and they were gone in 10 seconds. Nom nom nom nom! And Bella did a nice growl just then when he tried to take some of hers (Bella might learn to be not such a slow snacky eater)! I am doing a reasonable job playing the policeman in these cases, and the dogs are understanding I think (Bella also tried to eat from Leo's bowl yesterday). The bowls are in different rooms.

Leo has well and truly taken Bella's spot beside me! Though some of this is Bella's fault, as she often just feigns wanting to coming up and then doesn't (she plays hard to get, my parents laugh at this behaviour and consider her a bit of a tease also Laughing ), whereas Weg-Rah just is purrfectly open and honest about how much he loves me! http://i70.servimg.c He is really comfortable laying beside me.

Weg-rah was considered approximately two years old by the shelter initially, but then the vet examination changed this to three, or at least closer to that age. So I have picked out a random date for his birthday of March 28, so in 24 days he will turn three, and he must get a present, even if he doesn't seem to like toys. So March 28 and November 22 are the dates that I need to remember!

Back to last night, and both dogs must have been out of the bed from about 11:30 to 4:30, as I seemed to have uninterrupted sleep then. Bella was then snuggling lovingly with me for about ninety minutes and Leo was more out of the blankys by the pillow. It was really sweet times and I am really happy just now to have taken on this second dog. Though of course it is early days. Shower time. Then work. Then come home at lunchtime and see....

G http://i77.servimg.c http://i77.servimg.c http://i70.servimg.c R

P.S. Thanks for your very kind words Mrs Kipia Group Hug
gregrowlerson
gregrowlerson

Back to top Go down

Post  littlewid Sun Mar 03, 2013 9:34 pm

Oh My Goodness, you have Leo GR, what a surprise that was to come on and read this, I'm really pleased for you.
It sounds as things are going ok for all three of you at the moment. I am sure there will be a few teething problems but you seem to have a handle on it all at the moment and it actually sounds quite settled. Loving the pictures of Bellawoo and Leo, he is a handsome chappie isn't he and he and Bellawoo do look a cute pair I love you
I'm really looking forward to following the settling in of Leo and what he brings to yours and Bellawoos life, I imagine you have already brought so much to Leo's life.

So sorry to hear about your parent's friend, times like these are never easy for anyone are they. I pray she gets to see her daughter. Lots of loving thoughts are being sent from this corner of England too.

littlewid-x-
littlewid
littlewid
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Cremecat Sun Mar 03, 2013 9:52 pm

Wow GR, looks like your little family is growing! I love to read your stories about Bella and Leo and how they are starting to get used to each other. I hope they will become great friends. It seems that Leo has already fallen in love with you! http://i70.servimg.c You are so lucky GR!

It was so sad to hear of your parents' friend. Life can be so unfair sometimes. It is cold here, but I hope my thoughts will be still warm when they reach you.

CC
Cremecat
Cremecat

Back to top Go down

Post  Doogs Sun Mar 03, 2013 11:53 pm

Oh my goodness GR, you've got a lovely new addition to the family, what fantastic news Some Bella Pics - Page 5 853843 Thanks so much for all you have typed about what's been happening since you got him, very interesting read Reading

Leo (love the name) is very handsome looking and he seems to be settling in really well but even better him and Bella seem to be getting on okay - so far so good Wink That was really good that his first night in his new home went well and http://i73.servimg.c for him doing his number 2 when you let him outside. He must look so cute standing looking out your window Very Happy

So sorry to hear about your parents friend, never easy to watch someone we love go through having cancer. I too really hope her daughter makes it home in time to see her mum, it would mean so much to both of them. My thoughts are with you all GR and I'm sending you a big bosie (cuddle) from Scotland to Australia Hug
Doogs
Doogs

Back to top Go down

Post  gregrowlerson Mon Mar 04, 2013 7:28 am

Thanks for the well wishes in regards to everything everyone Hug Group Hug Hugs

I forgot to tell you all that last night I went outside with them for 5-10 minutes (they don't always want to go outside unless there is someone to bark at, but they like me just sitting there and watching them; Bella has always liked and will play games with me to come outside, pretend she is going to come inside, then feign otherwise, sometimes I cave, it's a battle of wills!) and they had a brilliant playfight! At least I hope if was just a playfight Some Bella Pics - Page 5 40683 And this evening as they both jumped up on my bed with me they had another. It was really full bore and crazy. So totally awesomey! It made me laugh soooo much! Leo has a really good appetite! He is a very big nom nom nommer, though still he is not really into toys. It make me realise that Bella and I have to turn him childish! http://i70.servimg.c

Today was a major relief. I was really nervous coming home at lunchtime, hoping that there were no real fights or anything and no major messes, but it was wonderful. I came home for lunch an hour earlier as I wanted to let Leo know that I was coming back (unless Bella had already conveyed this, I don't know how they communicate!), and so far I have only noticed one mess from today which is pretty good. In the past ten minutes whilst writing this post the two of them have been on their best behaviour, just wandering around the room quietly and doing their own thing (so I will be able to do more stories in the future lol! ), and this is something that many people don't understand about Jackeys, that they can amuse themselves and aren't totally dependent on a human, but at the same time they are remarkably loving. The are such a terrific dog, with great personality.

Leo has been smiling a lot, and now that I have called him back up beside me he is smiling again.

Oh, and with their food they seem to have switched bowls! Bella did initially have her bowl in Leo's spot until we had ant trouble, and she seems keen to rekindle those memories. Leo is happy eating from Bella's bowl, and Bella even quickly act some wet food before, perhaps realising that it wasn't going to last long!

Another thing from last night was that Leo wanted to go outside more than Bella - also because of my yelling due to indescrestions! - and for a little while there was some Romeo and Juliet action, with Bella watching him through the security door and vice versa I love you

When I spoke to my mum at luchtime she said that had heard that our friend was still battling along, so I think that Some Bella Pics - Page 5 431638 that her eldest daughter would have gotten to see her.

I will try to get back on here later my buddies, for now it is din dins and then walkies Very Happy

G http://i77.servimg.c http://i77.servimg.c http://i70.servimg.c R

P.S. I am in good rabbitting mode!
gregrowlerson
gregrowlerson

Back to top Go down

Post  Laikipia Mon Mar 04, 2013 8:23 am

Some Bella Pics - Page 5 768480 GR it sounds like all is going well with Bella and Leo, what great news and a relief for you I am sure. The first few days are always a little worrying. The toy thing will probably come, perhaps Leo has never had or seen a toy. I am sure he will learn to enjoy toys and games given time.

Good luck and keep us posted.

Lai Very Happy
Laikipia
Laikipia

Back to top Go down

Post  gregrowlerson Mon Mar 04, 2013 9:47 am

The walk was rather slow going with all the tangles and stop starts, but overall more fun than frustrating! Leo has clearly stolen Bella's day bed as well as her bowl, and I will have to be careful with him not eating too much. Like my dad he really likes his tucker!

But he is really cosy just now on the bed; it's been so great to seem him really feeling right at home. Often at night Bella is rather anti-social (though she has been bringing her toys, playing and smiling at times) so it is all going well I think. They were both smiling a lot on the walk. And about an hour ago and they another massive play fight! They each give as good as they get Very Happy

One thing with Bella that I've been conscious of is allowing her to still have 'our' thingys. So this morning she got the end of the toast (I could see that it would have hurt her for Leo to get it), and tonight she got some of the small bits that dripped out of my meat pie; I gave Leo a doggy meatball at the same time. It's important that I still let Bella know that she still gets her treats and her love, and that really nothing changes apart from her getting a new friend.
gregrowlerson
gregrowlerson

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 5 of 11 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6 ... 9, 10, 11  Next