Wild About Animals
New members come, and say Hello
Plant a seed and watch it grow
Old Members why not share your news
We have loads more for you to choose
Guests your welcome to have a look
but why not sign up and then get hooked!
To All its a pleasure to have you with us

Note: New Members are expected to post within one Month of joining, and post on a fairly regular basis.

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

Wild About Animals
New members come, and say Hello
Plant a seed and watch it grow
Old Members why not share your news
We have loads more for you to choose
Guests your welcome to have a look
but why not sign up and then get hooked!
To All its a pleasure to have you with us

Note: New Members are expected to post within one Month of joining, and post on a fairly regular basis.
Wild About Animals
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

'African Cats' - Disneynature

+3
Doogs
Laikipia
Safari Maiden
7 posters

Page 6 of 8 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8  Next

Go down

'African Cats' - Disneynature - Page 6 Empty Re: 'African Cats' - Disneynature

Post  littlewid Thu Apr 26, 2012 6:10 pm

It sounds like a really wonderful evening Lai and i'm so pleased you got to go and enjoy it all but I don't envy you now having to keep silent until we have all seen it, you must be like Ronnie and bursting to spill the beans Very Happy Not that I have seen part one yet but a part two sounds like a brilliant idea, lets hope they take that suggestion up.
It must have just been fantastic to be mingling with all those acclaimed people and to be there with William and Kate as well. I have just read the feature and she looked lovely as always, they are such a lovely couple aren't they and it's fantastic that he is so invloved with Tusk.
Sadly the clip didn't play but I think thats my pc, it was just taking forever saying it was loading so will try again later.
Glad you got to meet up with friends too, it must just have been a magical evening.

littlewid-x-
littlewid
littlewid
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Doogs Sun Apr 29, 2012 1:50 pm

Saw it last night 'African Cats' - Disneynature - Page 6 71418 I too will keep silent about the film until others have seen it. What I will say is that I totally agree with Lai re the photography/scenery and camera shots, absolutely stunning Very Happy, Notch looks magnificent on the big screen and (thankfully !) it wasn't as sad as I thought it was going to be. Also liked the credits at the end Laughing

My only complaint would be that wonderful song by Vega 4 that is used in the trailer is not in the film at all No

Sounds like you had a lovely night at the Premiere Cool you were certainly very lucky to be there. Kate looks stunning in the link you posted, bet she is even more beautiful in real life. How wonderful you got to chat to Simon afterwards Very Happy
Doogs
Doogs

Back to top Go down

Post  littlewid Sun Apr 29, 2012 3:23 pm

Oooooooo your another lucky one that has seen it Doogs, sadly it isn't on anywhere near me at the moment, so will have to keep watching out for it, glad you got to see it though, but you too are going to have to keep silent 'African Cats' - Disneynature - Page 6 40683 ........unless you, Lai and Ronnie pm each other for secret chats 'African Cats' - Disneynature - Page 6 768480
Got to play the clip at last and it seems as though William gave a brilliant speech and the little clips of the stars of the show were amazing........Hurry up and be on near me please 'African Cats' - Disneynature - Page 6 853843

littlewid-x-
littlewid
littlewid
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Laikipia Sun Apr 29, 2012 4:03 pm

'African Cats' - Disneynature - Page 6 853843 'African Cats' - Disneynature - Page 6 853843 Glad you've seen it Doogs, and I agree.

Hoping you get to see it soon Littlewid. I know Anne-Marie has seen it again, so soon we can have a good albino albino albino

Lai
Laikipia
Laikipia

Back to top Go down

Post  Anne-Marie1981 Mon Apr 30, 2012 9:56 am

Sorry everyone, I've been away for a week on a little soggy holiday to the Isle of Wight, we were quite lucky though and managed to avoid the worst of the rain and even managed to sit outside a pub on the beach one day Very Happy

Anyway, onto the subject at hand! Lai Pai, well done for getting tickets to the premier! I can imagine how over the moon you were. What a wonderful opportunity and experience!! Very Happy cheers cheers

We had to travel to Milton Keynes (which isn't too bad) because our 4 closest cinemas weren't showing it!! Evil or Very Mad Evil or Very Mad Evil or Very Mad scratch scratch scratch but it was so worth it, so glad to finally see it on the big screen, so much better than a piddly little screen on the back of an airplane seat! I must confess, cried my eyes out again (first time I blame the fact we had just left the mara and I wanted to still be there, this time I'll blame my hormones)

Chris and I are now wondering how old our little baby will have to be before we can take her/him to the Mara! We were going for about 6 but are now wondering if 3 or 4 would work lol! lol!

LW, I really hope they show it in more cinemas soon! I really don't understand the limited release! Shocked Shocked
Anne-Marie1981
Anne-Marie1981

Back to top Go down

Post  Laikipia Mon Apr 30, 2012 10:13 am

Poor you with the weather Anne-Marie, what a shame, i've only been to the isle of Wight once for a weekend, but remember it was sunny all the time.

Glad you've seen African Cats on the big screen now - it's strange how limited the release is for it. I wonder if they'll extend the catchment area soon? I managed not to cry, but it was Sad no more now silent

'African Cats' - Disneynature - Page 6 853843 Anne-Marie - i love your optimism. Start them young and get them keen 'African Cats' - Disneynature - Page 6 71418

Lai Pai
Laikipia
Laikipia

Back to top Go down

Post  Doogs Mon Apr 30, 2012 12:54 pm

At least you got away for a break AM - soggy or not it's always nice to be away cheers

Yes it is a bit puzzling regarding the release of this film scratch We have two Cineworlds in Aberdeen but only one was showing it and the last screening on Saturday was 4pm - which actually worked out good as we went for something to eat afterwards.

Good that you've now seen it on the big screen AM and fingers crossed for you LW that you get to see it soon.

Also loving your optimism for taking Junior on safari Wink
Doogs
Doogs

Back to top Go down

Post  Laikipia Mon Apr 30, 2012 4:35 pm

Mail online

Introducing Disney's leading lions: Intimate photographs show the stars of hit-film African Cats at work, rest and play

Read more: http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-2137326/Introducing-Disneys-leading-lions-Intimate-photographs-stars-hit-film-African-Cats.html#ixzz1tXRP9O43

Lai
Laikipia
Laikipia

Back to top Go down

Post  RMorr50912 Tue May 01, 2012 3:16 am

It's not fair you guys get Patrick Stewart and we got Samuel L Jackson! He's a good actor but not the voice you really expect to narrate a film. If we had to get an American narrator I really think Morgan Freeman would have been the best option. He has a storytellers voice. I watched again over the weekend and now I really can't wait until everyone's had the chance to see it!

Ronnie
RMorr50912
RMorr50912

Back to top Go down

Post  Laikipia Tue May 01, 2012 7:55 am

Patrick Stewart was a great narrator for the UK version Ronnie. Let's hope we can start albino albino soon - otherwise we'll all have to go and see it again lion cub

Lai
Laikipia
Laikipia

Back to top Go down

Post  Doogs Tue May 01, 2012 1:56 pm

There's far too much silent silent silent silent silent about the film on here 'African Cats' - Disneynature - Page 6 40683 Come on Cineworld etc get that film out everywhere so everyone can see it !! Mad
Doogs
Doogs

Back to top Go down

Post  Laikipia Tue May 01, 2012 3:09 pm

I so agree Doogs. This is killing me all this silent silent silent What a Face

Lai
Laikipia
Laikipia

Back to top Go down

Post  littlewid Sat May 05, 2012 8:37 am

Here is a long but interesting write up about the making of the film that is in todays Telegraph. There is also three lovely pictures to see. It is worth the long read.

http://www.telegraph.co.uk/culture/film/9184013/The-real-Lion-King-the-making-of-African-Cats.html

littlewid-x-
littlewid
littlewid
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Laikipia Sat May 05, 2012 9:40 am

Great article and fantastic read, thanks Littlewid. I could have read more ...............

Lai Laughing
Laikipia
Laikipia

Back to top Go down

Post  littlewid Sat May 05, 2012 4:04 pm

Glad you enjoyed it Lai, I did too, it was fascinating reading about the filming etc. It was a long read but well worth it.......just need to see the film now Very Happy

littlewid-x-
littlewid
littlewid
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Laikipia Sat May 05, 2012 6:07 pm

'African Cats' - Disneynature - Page 6 71418 You do Littlewid - fingers crossed it comes on near you really soon.

Lai
Laikipia
Laikipia

Back to top Go down

Post  Doogs Tue May 08, 2012 12:57 pm

That is a great article and worth the long read.

Amazing they got it right by picking Shakira (or Sita) as their cheetah to follow and not any of the other two females.

Thanks LW cheers
Doogs
Doogs

Back to top Go down

Post  Doogs Fri May 11, 2012 4:38 pm

Meant to say . . . . . I was in the town shopping on the holiday Monday when I happened to pass our local Disney Store. Went in to see what merchandise there was re African Cats and there was not one thing No Not a mention anywhere in the store regarding the film, I was gutted !! Crying or Very sad
Doogs
Doogs

Back to top Go down

Post  Laikipia Fri May 11, 2012 5:03 pm

affraid What a Face How come? That's really sad and odd !!!

Lai
Laikipia
Laikipia

Back to top Go down

Post  littlewid Fri May 11, 2012 11:00 pm

That is a shame Doogs, I thought something may be out by now. I did look in the Disney store in Brighton quite a few weeks ago and admit it was before the film was out or had it's launch and there was nothing and as yet it's not even being shown anywhere near here, I am gutted, hopefully it will come here very soon.

littlewid-x-
littlewid
littlewid
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Doogs Sun May 13, 2012 7:32 pm

Very disappointing Lai & LW and what's even more disappointing is that African Cats is still not in a cinema near you No Crying or Very sad
Doogs
Doogs

Back to top Go down

Post  Doogs Wed May 16, 2012 3:40 pm

Not African Cats but thought this may be of use to some of you - 2 for 1 voucher to go and see Beauty and the Beast Cool

http://www.disney.co.uk/wdsmp/beauty2for1/index.html
Doogs
Doogs

Back to top Go down

Post  Laikipia Wed May 16, 2012 3:56 pm

'African Cats' - Disneynature - Page 6 768480 Thanks Doogs.

Lai Pai
Laikipia
Laikipia

Back to top Go down

Post  littlewid Sun Jul 01, 2012 7:19 pm

After a link sent to me by Ronnie and then some sorting, I have finally seen this amazing film. I have just sat and watched it and I LOVED IT 'African Cats' - Disneynature - Page 6 71418 'African Cats' - Disneynature - Page 6 71418 'African Cats' - Disneynature - Page 6 853843
I am so grateful for the link Ronnie but I won't say anything about the film tonight as I know WS and Mrs S are hoping to watch it very soon, so for now I am having to keep my silent just as you have all done so far.......but hurry up and watch it WS bounce it is just fabulous and you and Mrs S are going to love it. Once you have both seen it we can all start albino albino albino 'African Cats' - Disneynature - Page 6 768480

littlewid-x-
littlewid
littlewid
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  RMorr50912 Sun Jul 01, 2012 9:25 pm

I'm so glad we finally found a way for you to see it LW. It is such a wonderful movie and "knowing" who the "stars" are really makes it that much better to me. I knew you would love it as much as I did! Now only a few more days and the gabbing can begin! I'm going to try and watch it again soon to brush up!

Ronnie
RMorr50912
RMorr50912

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 6 of 8 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8  Next