Wild About Animals
New members come, and say Hello
Plant a seed and watch it grow
Old Members why not share your news
We have loads more for you to choose
Guests your welcome to have a look
but why not sign up and then get hooked!
To All its a pleasure to have you with us

Note: New Members are expected to post within one Month of joining, and post on a fairly regular basis.

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

Wild About Animals
New members come, and say Hello
Plant a seed and watch it grow
Old Members why not share your news
We have loads more for you to choose
Guests your welcome to have a look
but why not sign up and then get hooked!
To All its a pleasure to have you with us

Note: New Members are expected to post within one Month of joining, and post on a fairly regular basis.
Wild About Animals
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

New Members Introductions

+38
WMTravellers
cruciger
atb224155
cloudy
Trackerintraining86
mickeysutube
melikr
ForWildlife
tigerfan2013
Cremecat
redparka
gregrowlerson
blue river
Safariman
cheetahlover
AfricaInside
allaboutsongs
Mara Mad
radhu
Dnyanada Kulkarni
simbat
LalaPetush
RMorr50912
redroxy888
xxx leopard crasey xxx
svisak
Tarangire_Trekker
markymarc1979
tatyana
liongirl92
wilderness
tigermilk
minnie87
Anne-Marie1981
Monica
Doogs
princesspurplehippy
Safari Maiden
42 posters

Page 9 of 12 Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 8, 9, 10, 11, 12  Next

Go down

New Members Introductions - Page 9 Empty Re: New Members Introductions

Post  whitestarling Sat Nov 24, 2012 11:28 am

Hi GR
Bella sounds a lovely companion, and Dogs can be so funny ay times with their antics, especialy if they've done something wrong New Members Introductions - Page 9 40683 . Sounds a bit like some of Littlewids pets she has trouble using her laptop as they keep trying to sit on it when she's using it lol! . I have moved the Hello From Down Under post by PIR to a new section Other Animals of the World and called it The Wonderful World of Australia so that any of you from OZ can post any news on your wildlife there. You will still be able to see it by going to the original post, but to save time its on this link
https://wildaboutanimals.forumotion.net/t1996p15-the-wonderful-world-of-australia#40857

WS
Ps Dont take notice of the others about You the man use it when you want. I call them the albino albino cos there always rabbiting on New Members Introductions - Page 9 40683
whitestarling
whitestarling
Admin

https://wildaboutanimals.forumotion.net

Back to top Go down

Post  gregrowlerson Sat Nov 24, 2012 12:28 pm

Bella will often try to snuggle in with me when I am using the laptop too! She is oh so adorable; it's difficult to resist her charms. I am very lucky to have her in my life I love you

I often talk aloud to her - wonder what she thinks of me lol! - and stuff. I will often call her names and say stuff like:

Bellawoo
My darling woo
Little Bella

And so forth. There are many more thingys that I say to her lovingly, but I guess I am off with the fairies when saying it, so I forget some things. When I remember more 'Bella conversation' I may post Very Happy
gregrowlerson
gregrowlerson

Back to top Go down

Post  littlewid Sat Nov 24, 2012 3:33 pm

Hi GR

Sorry forgot to answer your question about the cats sharing a food bowl. Mine used to have seperate bowls but they now just feed out of one bowl. Maine Coons are very social cats and non aggressive and my little DS just joins in with them. If I did give them seperate bowls they would all just gravitate to the same bowl anyway, its just the way they are, they are all very relaxed with each other. My dog Nero would also try and join them if he could, so I feed the cats up high otherwise Nero would chomp the lot but if the cats try and get to his food, Nero just backs off and lets them eat.....but then I step in as dog food is not good for cats, but nero is not possesive about his food. I had a wonderful retreiver called Bentley and he was just the same, he would always let the cats try and steal his food, he was never bothered, maybe I am just lucky with the Dog and cats I have.

Bella sounds adorable and I bet your not the only one who talks aloud to their pet and I am sure they understand more than is given credit to them and we all have pet names for them as well I am sure.

Good to know I am not the only one who has company at the laptop, mine is usually Sparkles my little cat, she insists on sitting on the keyboard and has even pulled the plug out and also sent the laptop crazy with links etc by sitting on it when I am out.
If music is playing then my huge boy Tiga one of the Maine Coons will be all over the laptop, he loves music.

Looking forward to hearing more Bella antics.

littlewid-x-
littlewid
littlewid
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  gregrowlerson Sat Nov 24, 2012 9:56 pm

Bella is my avatar pic now, BTW.

LW, your pets sound very caring and sharing. I am very surprised that your obviously passive dogs would just allow the cats to steal their food! I assumed that all dogs were rather possesive when it came to their food? Like with Bella, I wouldn't dare try and take food off her when she has it (so long as it's hers and not something she has sneakily gotten! We often say that Bella never misses an opportunity!) and when I and/or family eats she is very respectful, understanding that food is important.

With her antics, a lovely thing that she does when I am at the laptop (like now, she did this just before) is to put her paws across my right arm/wrist while I type, but not with enough force to stop me from writing. She will look up at me with doe eyes asking, "can you move Mr Laptop so that I can snuggle on your lap?" Often I will succomb!

Being a Jack Russell she is very social and loves attention and play. But she is also very cat like, desiring to just snooze a lot, and she is an expert and making herself comfortable in any spot. Like us having an animal/s within our characters, Bella seems to adopt different creatures too. When she is standing up against a door in watchdog mode, on hind legs with one 'arm' up, she really does give the impression of a meercat on the savannah!

Bella loves toys that squeek Very Happy

I think that she and dogs in general understand tone, and even understand when we are happy, sad, etc.

Sparkles sounds terrificly smirk-inducing. Maybe she will be the first cat on facebook? New Members Introductions - Page 9 40683
gregrowlerson
gregrowlerson

Back to top Go down

Post  blue river Tue Nov 27, 2012 1:49 am

sorry, i was busy someday ago
my course is 4/7 year. except posting my photos to forum, can you tell me what can i do with member in forum?
i realy want to do something for protecting animals which is my dream
and hello Greg
i am new member of WAA, too. nice to meet you
it is great to listen your pet- bella. he is so cute
-ri-
blue river
blue river

Back to top Go down

Post  whitestarling Tue Nov 27, 2012 6:48 am

Hi Blue River Do not worry if you busy with your course. Your education comes first.
Just join in whenever you can. If you would like to see some Lion pics, and other animals that our members have taken while on Safari just ask, and I'll put the link on for you

WS

Last edited by whitestarling on Fri Nov 30, 2012 5:54 pm; edited 1 time in total
whitestarling
whitestarling
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  gregrowlerson Tue Nov 27, 2012 8:30 am

Hi Blue River. Very nice to meet you.

I really like your name. A beautiful colour and a body of water. And it is appropriate for this forum too, as think of all the wild animals who rely on a blue river for their survival.

As Doogs said, we write kute as cute, though k and c are very similar. Also I think that writing it as kute is cute too, like Bella :)

As someone who speaks NOTHING other than English lol! I really appreciate and admire people who speak more than one language. I think it is pretty amazing that you are able to converse with me in a tongue that is not your common language. As has been mentioned, I cannot speak to you in Vietnamese at all!

And with your studies in economics you must be good with numbers and very smart. You sound very caring towards animals too cheers
gregrowlerson
gregrowlerson

Back to top Go down

Post  redparka Wed Dec 05, 2012 1:21 pm

Hey everyone. My names Hal, and I'm originally from the US but have been moving around for quite sometime now. When I was stationary I had a lab, and plan on getting two as soon as I have settled on a place. I'm currently in Thailand studying ecosystem restoration. Hope to see you all around, Cheers!
redparka
redparka

Back to top Go down

Post  Laikipia Wed Dec 05, 2012 2:47 pm

Hello Redparka and welcome to WAA. Sounds interesting studying ecosystem restoration, I hope you'll share some advice with us.

Enjoy looking round the forum - there are many different sections and threads so hopefully you'll find something that interests you.

If you need help with anything please feel free to ask any of the admins or moderators.

Lai
Laikipia
Laikipia

Back to top Go down

Post  blue river Wed Dec 05, 2012 2:51 pm

hi redparka
i'm from Viet Nam, nice to meet you
it's great to know you are studying in Thai Lan now
can you tell me about "ecosystem restoration"? example,what do you often do? i really like this work and i often watch programmar about it in tv. it sound very interesting
-ri-
blue river
blue river

Back to top Go down

Post  littlewid Wed Dec 05, 2012 5:09 pm

Hi redparka

Can we assume you own a red Parka.....or am I barking up the wrong tree scratch New Members Introductions - Page 9 40683

WELCOME TO WAA it is great to have you here with us and I hope you enjoy your time on the forum, we are a friendly bunch so please just join straight in with the chat.

Labs are lovely dogs aren't they, do you reckon it will be soon that you will be looking for two or do you have lots more studyng to do?

Where do youu plan or would you like to work when you have finished studying? as Lai says, maybe you could help us out with some info about your studies and ecosystem restoration, it would be lovely to hear more.

How did you find us? its always nice to know how members happened across the forum.

Anyway, a huge welcome to you and have fun.

littlewid-x-

Nice to hear from you Blue River, I hope you are well
littlewid-x-
littlewid
littlewid
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  whitestarling Thu Dec 06, 2012 12:19 am

Hi redpaka
WELCOME TO WAA.
Fascinating to hear you are studying ecosystem restoration. I think that along with breeding programes is crucial to the survival of so many of the worlds wildlife species, because along with persecution, habitat loss is the major reason so many animals, birds, insects, and plants are in danger of vanishing from our planet. It would be really interesting for us to hear what you are learning, and what your views are.
Great that you a La, we have one quite a few years ago now, and they are such a lovely Dog. If you have any pics of yours I know our members would love to see them. If you need any help with posting them, or anything else on the Forum just shout, and one of us will get in touch with you, and help
WS
Whitestarling
whitestarling
whitestarling
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Cremecat Tue Dec 11, 2012 7:14 pm

Hi,
My name is Anna-Maija (sometimes shortened to Anski), and I am from Finland.
I am spedially wild about leopards: Amur leopards, snow leopards, African leopards... Amurs are my favourites, maybe because there are so few left in the wild.
I have four cats: a ragdoll, a Turkish angora and two domestic cats.
My avatar is one of the Amur leopard cubs that were born this year in Tallinn Zoo. I attended the cubs' name giving party and took this and 500 other pictures of the babies then. Wink
Cremecat
Cremecat

Back to top Go down

Post  littlewid Tue Dec 11, 2012 8:19 pm

A very warm welcome to WAA Cremecat Very Happy we are really pleased to have you here.
We have been following Darla and the girls and Freddi and one of our members Prin* has been doing a grand job with keeping us up to date with informtion and videos. Here is a link to the thread that you will find Darla and the Girls on.
https://wildaboutanimals.forumotion.net/t1603-amur-leopard
How wonderful that you were at the naming party, we would really love to hear any information you have and of course any pictures.
Leopards are wonderful cats, the Tiger is my all time favourite but I do love Leopards as well and earlier this year I adopted a Snow Leopard with WWF.
Another cat person Very Happy I have 3 cats, 2 Maine Coons a boy named Tiga and a girl named Splodge and 1 Domestic shorthaired called Sparkles and I have 1 dog, a Cocker Spaniel called Nero.
I like Ragdolls, they are nice natured cats, I have not met a Turkish Angora before but I imagine they are pretty laid back cats as I can't see a Ragdoll living with a feisty cat, do you have any pictures of your cats and what are their names?
I hope you really enjoy the forum, there is lots to see and some christmas fun going on at the moment, so please do join in and if there is anything you want to know please just ask one of the Admins or Moderators, we will be very pleased to help.
Welcome again Cremecat and I love your Avatar.

littlewid-x-
littlewid
littlewid
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  whitestarling Tue Dec 11, 2012 11:47 pm

Welcome to WAA Cremecat
Great to see you've joined us, there are a really nice bunch of Guys on here, serious about animals, but who like to have fun to, so please join in wherever you feel like it. As Littlewid says another of our members Prinz* has been keeping us upto date with videos, and news of Darla, through videos, and photos. She also sent us one or two of the namimg ceremony, but it would be great to see some more if you have any. We have quite a few Cats over the years, but at the moment we only have one, her name is Poppy, and she 11yrs old now. There is plenty of news, and photos of Leopards on the forum, and as you come on we will point you in their direction with links to them like Littlewid has done with Darla, that will help you to find you way round the Forum. Look forward to hearing from you soos, and if you need any help uploading photos of the naming ceremony or you pets please just ask, and one of us will help you
WS
Whitestarling
whitestarling
whitestarling
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Laikipia Wed Dec 12, 2012 9:02 am

Hello Cremecat and welcome to WAA

Enjoy looking round the forum, we've plenty of interesting threads and as WS and Littlewid have said we have a a lot on leopards and Amur leopards especially those from Tallinn zoo.

Lai

Laikipia
Laikipia

Back to top Go down

Post  Cremecat Wed Dec 12, 2012 9:25 pm

Thank you all for so warm welcome! Very Happy
My cats are all boys: Juuso (ragdoll), Timi (angora), and "rescued" brothers Otso and Niko. Should I have the pictures saved somewhere or can put them directly here? I tried to insert a link to my FB album of the boys, but I got a message saying I cannot do that for 7 days.
I think I may know Prin already from the Estonian forum... It's a small world! Laughing
Cremecat
Cremecat

Back to top Go down

Post  littlewid Wed Dec 12, 2012 9:58 pm

Hi Cremecat

Sorry not being able to post your link to your FB page for 7 days is a rule of the site owners, it is the same for everyone but once your 7 days are up you will be able to post links etc. I am looking forward to seeing Juuso, Timi and Otso & Niko Ginger Cat Do they all get along well and how old are they Cremecat?

Prin* is a member of the Estonian Forum so I am sure you do know her which will be nice for you.

littlewid-x-
littlewid
littlewid
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  whitestarling Wed Dec 12, 2012 10:02 pm

Hi Cremecat
Thanks for letting us know about your pets names, they are lovely names. Thats great that you have two rescued cats as well, our last dog Misty was a rescue dog. If you want to put photos on the from directly your PC. Follow this link on the Forum
https://wildaboutanimals.forumotion.net/t224-how-to-upload-a-photo-from-your-pc

It may take you a couple of goes, but its quite easy, just looks a bit complicated.
We thought you might know Prinz*, she away at the moment on travels, but she usualy drops in at weekend.

WS
whitestarling
whitestarling
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Doogs Thu Dec 13, 2012 1:45 pm

Hello :newbies: (Cremecat & Redpaka) - Welcome to the Forum New Members Introductions - Page 9 853843

Great to have you both aboard. Please feel free to join in where and when that you want, we'd all be delighted if you did.

WOW that's a great collection of cats you've got Cremecat and good on you for having two rescue ones Cool I'm also looking forward to seeing them once you are able to post photos Very Happy
Doogs
Doogs

Back to top Go down

Post  Cremecat Sun Dec 30, 2012 11:15 pm

Hello!

What does the "Daily click" mean? confused

CC
Cremecat
Cremecat

Back to top Go down

Post  whitestarling Sun Dec 30, 2012 11:58 pm

Hi CC
The Daily Clicks supports Wildlife causes such as Saving the Rain Forests, Primates, Big Cat Habitat, and Animal Rescue. You will see the Daily Click Buttons on the Home Page when you click on one you will see a link to the respective charity, that opens to there page then all you have to do is click on their page, and advertisers donate to the charity. No need to buy anything, just click. Then some of our Guys just post that they have clicked that day

WS

Last edited by whitestarling on Mon Dec 31, 2012 10:14 am; edited 1 time in total
whitestarling
whitestarling
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  gregrowlerson Mon Dec 31, 2012 7:45 am

Some of us like to boast about our goodness Wink
gregrowlerson
gregrowlerson

Back to top Go down

Post  Cremecat Fri Jan 04, 2013 10:01 pm

I see... Thank you WS and GR! Now I clicked all of them. :)
I don't mind looking at a botox ad for a sec if it helps wildlife and animals. New Members Introductions - Page 9 40683
I will do the same every time from now on. Then I can boast about it, too! Cool

CC
Cremecat
Cremecat

Back to top Go down

Post  princesspurplehippy Mon Jan 07, 2013 5:19 pm

Welcome cremecat and redparka

As you've probably realised by now we are a lovely bunch of people who love animals and like having fun.

princesspurplehippy
princesspurplehippy

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 9 of 12 Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 8, 9, 10, 11, 12  Next