Wild About Animals
New members come, and say Hello
Plant a seed and watch it grow
Old Members why not share your news
We have loads more for you to choose
Guests your welcome to have a look
but why not sign up and then get hooked!
To All its a pleasure to have you with us

Note: New Members are expected to post within one Month of joining, and post on a fairly regular basis.

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

Wild About Animals
New members come, and say Hello
Plant a seed and watch it grow
Old Members why not share your news
We have loads more for you to choose
Guests your welcome to have a look
but why not sign up and then get hooked!
To All its a pleasure to have you with us

Note: New Members are expected to post within one Month of joining, and post on a fairly regular basis.
Wild About Animals
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Welcome to everyday Lets Talk

+6
Anne-Marie1981
Doogs
Laikipia
whitestarling
Safari Maiden
littlewid
10 posters

Page 37 of 40 Previous  1 ... 20 ... 36, 37, 38, 39, 40  Next

Go down

Welcome to everyday Lets Talk - Page 37 Empty Re: Welcome to everyday Lets Talk

Post  Anne-Marie1981 Tue Jan 11, 2011 12:34 pm

Hi everyone! Just posting before a massive catch up!! Sorry I've been MIA. What with Christmas, and then getting the dreaded lurgy I'm only just managing to do a catch up :)

Will post again later!!!
Anne-Marie1981
Anne-Marie1981

Back to top Go down

Post  Laikipia Tue Jan 11, 2011 1:00 pm

Glad you're back Anne-Marie and hopefully feeling better now, its seems to be doing the rounds at the moment, Pete is now suffering so I guess I'm next ................. No Suspect Shocked

Look forward to catching up later.

Lai
Laikipia
Laikipia

Back to top Go down

Post  Doogs Tue Jan 11, 2011 1:58 pm

Oooh don't say that Lai, you really don't want it No Hope Pete gets better soon.

Good to have you back AM and lurgy free Laughing Had it myself and still got the tail end of it, 4 weeks tomorrow, I wish it'd go away Crying or Very sad

Well it's a lovely sunny day here in Aberdeen but obviously cold. I know they've had snow not that far down the road so here's hoping it stays down there affraid

So how was everyone's weekend ? We went for tea to the Handmade Burger Co, mmmmmmmm then into the pictures on Friday night. Film was good (127 Hours - that's the title not the length of the film lol! ), worth seeing. They shot the bit where he chopped his arm off very well ! Sat was a couple of beers before the footie with dad then off to the game, we won 6-0 and progressed to the next round of the cup Welcome to everyday Lets Talk - Page 37 853843 Mum picked us up from the match then she & dad came back to ours for something to eat and a few drinks so that was nice. Sun was a lazy day before heading over to mum & dads for tea, my old neighbour Sid was also there as it was his birthday. Then of course it was back to work yesterday Sad

Did everything go ok on Friday LW ?

Have a good day all cheers
Doogs
Doogs

Back to top Go down

Post  littlewid Tue Jan 11, 2011 6:22 pm

Evening All

Good to have you back Anne-Marie, sorry you have not been well, it certainly is doing the rounds isn't it and it's a bad one......so far it's left me alone and it can stay that way Very Happy

Hope Pete gets better soon Lai and that you don't go down with it, you look after yourself.

Glad your team won Doogs and that you had a nice tea with your mum and dad and sid.
Don't like the sound of arms being chopped off affraid too gruesome for me pale
Sorry your still suffering too, 4 weeks is a long time isn't it.
How did Monday go my friend?

Friday went really well thanks Doogs and the big surprise was that 22 members of the rugby club attended, we were really overwhelmed by that but it made the day much nicer and my uncle would have been chuffed. On Sunday we took his flowers up to where my dad and brother are as we are going to scatter my uncles ashes there, so we have already made it his resting place, he is now back with his brother.

Sorry I am going to be AWOL myself this evening, my sister is coming round so we can sort some of the probate stuff, there is a lot for us to get our heads around, so if I cant get to catch up this evening I will have a good sweep of the site tomorrow evenign when I get in from work.So apologies for not replying to things this evening guys.

Have a good evening everyone, hope you have all had a good day.

littlewid-x-

littlewid
littlewid
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  whitestarling Tue Jan 11, 2011 11:05 pm

cheers cheers Your back AM, glad your over the Lurgy. It's horrible when you get it pale Lots to catch up on, I've been trying to keep Lily, and Hope updated as I know you love them, as do we all.
No need to apologies LW. We all know you have a lot on at the moment, and need to get things sorted
WS
whitestarling
whitestarling
Admin

https://wildaboutanimals.forumotion.net

Back to top Go down

Post  Laikipia Wed Jan 12, 2011 9:33 am

Good morning everyone

I hope you are all okay, and the weather is not like it is here What a Face

Just a quicky today, I have given in with the lurgy and have cancelled today and am going off to bed again asap. It seems it really is doing the rounds, and I dont want to pass it on to anyone else so am staying at home. If it would stop raining I would be able to see the bird feeders Very Happy

Catch up later

Lai
Laikipia
Laikipia

Back to top Go down

Post  whitestarling Wed Jan 12, 2011 11:29 am

Ooooo Lai that is bad news, it does seem to be going the rounds at the moment. You stay warm, and get better soon. The weathers What a Face here as well wet, and damp. I'd much rather have the frost, at least your dry, and can wrap up against the cold, although I suppose it's better for the Birds
WS
whitestarling
whitestarling
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  littlewid Wed Jan 12, 2011 6:20 pm

Ooooooo I hope you are feeling a bit better this evening Lai, this cold/flu thing is really miserable isn't it but it sounds as if the best place is at home and to keep warm and watch those birds if you can.
The weather here has been horrendous too, just constant rain and wind, like WS says, I think I prefere the frost.

You look after yourself Lai and everyone else take care too and if your feeling poorly I hope you feel better soon and if your ok, lets hope it stays that way.

Have a good evening everyone

littlewid-x-
littlewid
littlewid
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Doogs Wed Jan 12, 2011 11:10 pm

Oh Lai poor you but I suppose it was enevitable that you would end up with the lurgy seeing as Pete has got it, it seems to be very contageous (think that's spelt right !). Stay cosy in your bed, drink lots and I hope you get better soon I love you Did it stop raining for you to see the bird feeders ?

That was really lovely that so many members of the rugby club turned up at your uncle's funeral LW and you're right I'm sure he would have been so chuffed. That's lovely that his final place of rest will be beside his brother and it's obviously a special place for you as your dad and brother are there, nice thought.

Thanks for asking re my back LW. Turned out to be another consultation (I phoned prior to the appointment just to check) and it looks like I'm going to be getting an epidural injection either next Wednesday or 2 weeks after that (the guy only does the injections every 2nd Wed aft). Willing to give it a try, much rather that than an operation and will let you all know how it goes.

We have a few cats cat that come around to the back door of the house, I've always got Welcome to everyday Lets Talk - Page 37 327467 cat biscuits for them and if they visit they get some. There's a stripped one (we call Smokey) who eats his biscuits, has a wander around the house then leaves. There's a little white one (we call Snowy) who is now happy enough to eat the biscuits then come into the house for sometimes hours either sleeping through on our bed or on our knee !! She's affa cute I love you Recently there's been a very small grey/white one cat who always ran away when I tried to get her to eat the biscuits but lately she's become a bit braver. At the weekend she ate all the biscuits at the back door and even a little foil tin of food. There's nothing of her, she's just a little toot so I'll gladly try and fatten her up a bit. She even came into the house the other night for a wander so she's slowly but surely gaining our trust. At the moment it's too cold to leave the back door open incase she comes around but we always make sure there's some buscuits at the back door just incase. Will have to think of a name for the little one, I'm sure it's a girl for obvious reasons !!! Ginger Cat

Right I think that's all my news, I've been in a grumpy mood today after finding out about the Cheetah Disney Film, it's just not fair !!!!

Take care all
Doogs xx drunken
Doogs
Doogs

Back to top Go down

Post  littlewid Thu Jan 13, 2011 3:03 pm

Pouring with rain here guy's, it has been all night and all day today, not nice at all.

Do let us know how the epidural goes Doogs, I really hope it works for you and that you don't have to end up having an operation on your back.

How wonderful you have been looking after the little cats in your area, they are just so lucky to have you and I think it's just brilliant you have gained their trust and given them names too.You will have to let us know what you name the little grey and white one, do you have any pictures of them or are they all a little camera shy?

Hope you are feeling a little better today Lai and hopefully you are still resting to give yourself time to get over it, stay warm and enjoy looking at the feeders today.

Catch you all later

littlewid-x-
littlewid
littlewid
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Doogs Thu Jan 13, 2011 3:22 pm

Got a couple of Snowy I love you here at work. I know I've got of Smokey at home so will have a look and see what I can find Wink

Welcome to everyday Lets Talk - Page 37 P1040010

Welcome to everyday Lets Talk - Page 37 P1040011
Doogs
Doogs

Back to top Go down

Post  Laikipia Thu Jan 13, 2011 4:15 pm

Hello everyone - sorry not able to post much the Welcome to everyday Lets Talk - Page 37 Hippo11 who must have stood on my head the last two nights is causing me a problem, so i can't type or do much at all. Went to the office for an hour to pick up messages and e-mails and then back home to relax with lots of tea and birds to watch.

Love the Snowy photos Doogs - sorry I didnt comment on your epidural, hope it goes well, I had one for giving birth to Tom, so i hope it does the trick for you.

Will catch up and post tomorrow - feel like a wet lettuce at the moment Shocked

Lai
Laikipia
Laikipia

Back to top Go down

Post  whitestarling Thu Jan 13, 2011 6:15 pm

Love the Snowy Pics Doogs.
Lai if you feel like a wet lettuce, a wet lettuce you shall have. Here you go
Welcome to everyday Lets Talk - Page 37 We69
Do'nt know how it's going to make you feel better though scratch scratch scratch
WS
whitestarling
whitestarling
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  littlewid Fri Jan 14, 2011 5:56 am

Aaawwww Snowy is adorable Doogs, she looks so at home on your sofa I love you she really looks as though she belongs there. Look forward to seeing Smokey too.

WS think Lai will get ya over the wet Lettuce lol!

littlewid-x-
littlewid
littlewid
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Laikipia Fri Jan 14, 2011 8:40 am

Thanks WS - that wet lettuce really helped, it gave me a good giggle this morning Welcome to everyday Lets Talk - Page 37 40683 - thankfully the rhino/hippo has gone from my head so I am up and about this morning. Need to do a bit of work today.

I'm supposed to be going to the rugby tonight with Pete as he has a spare ticket so I will have to wrap up like a polar bear and keep warm.

Hope everyone else is okay today and looking forward to a good weekend. The weather is grey and wet but it is warmer.

Lai
Laikipia
Laikipia

Back to top Go down

Post  whitestarling Fri Jan 14, 2011 12:03 pm

Glad it cheered you up Lai. I thought it would make you Very Happy . You make sure you really wrap up nice, and warm tonight.
WS
whitestarling
whitestarling
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  littlewid Sat Jan 15, 2011 8:40 am

HI Guy's

Just a real quickie (you'll be pleased with that Very Happy ) i'm off to London in about 10 mins to meet my uncles bank Manager so won't be around and WS has just sent me a text to say his internet connection is down, he is not sure if it's the phone line or his modem, so he could be absent all day too, he's not sure, depends what the problem is but he will be back as soon as he can.

have a good day all and I will catch up this evening.

littlewid-x-
littlewid
littlewid
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Sat Jan 15, 2011 12:32 pm

Hello all

Hope all is well..

AM lovely to have you back and sorry to hear you've been unwell. Doogs 4 weeks is a long time to be unwell too your poor thing and Lai is feeling like a wet lettuce Very Happy
LW - i hope everything goes well today with the bank manager.

Just a quickie from me too as i'm up late and need to get up early for work. This week coming i've got 2 days off in a row which will be lovely as since before christmas i've had split days off and with the shifts i've been a bit tired to be honest. my neightbour mowed the grass verge out the front of my house for me yesterday as i hadn't done it for weeks Embarassed Embarassed i guess it may have been looking a bit untidy and it's been raining here too and i was using that as an excuse. It has rained and rained over here, thankfully not as bad as in Queensland, the poor things lost everything up there and there are horror stories of people and animals drowning which are just awful. I can't imagine being in that situation and i hope it never happens.

Lovely snowy pics Doogs.

Had my second cadbury creme egg today too, they are everywhere - it's sad really, it takes the fun out of it when items for a specific celebration are available for such a long time beforehand - still it doesn't stop me eating them lol!

night night all, get well everyone too,

TTMx

Back to top Go down

Post  whitestarling Sun Jan 16, 2011 2:46 pm

Hi Guys
Sorry to say my phone line will be down till Thursday at least. I'm posting this from an Internet Cafe. Me in a Cafe instead of the Pub affraid The Sacrifices I make for this Forum Welcome to everyday Lets Talk - Page 37 40683 Welcome to everyday Lets Talk - Page 37 40683 .
I'm missing my daily dose of WAA already, so I might pop in from her if I can again. Only got time for a quick look round so if I've missed any posts you'll know why
WS
whitestarling
whitestarling
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Laikipia Sun Jan 16, 2011 3:16 pm

I wondered why the silent WS - hope you'll be back on-line soon, with your phone working again.

I thought I had better join you TTM so today I had my first cadburys caramel egg lol! glad you are okay there with no floods and how great your neighbour mowed your lawn. Hope you get some time to relax now.

We've just been into Manchester for some shopping, but it is tipping down and I forgot my umbrella so looking like a drowned rat and not the best move with a head full of rubbish. At least the wet lettuce feeling has gone!

Have a good day everyone and Littlewid I hope your meeting with your uncles bank manager went okay.

Lai
Laikipia
Laikipia

Back to top Go down

Post  littlewid Sun Jan 16, 2011 6:02 pm

Evening All

Ooooo WS we will miss you, Hopefully they will get your line sorted soon, when I posted why you were absent yesterday I was hoping it was just a little hiccup with the connection, sadly for you and us it's not, lets hope you are back soon Very Happy

TTM, I remember those split days off from when I did ward work, it's so not nice is it, you don;t get any time to recover or do anything nice, so two days together is going to feel like heaven, you enjoy them.
So pleased you have escaped the floods even though you have had lots of rain, they have been so devastating haven't they, you just can't imagine what it's like to live through it.
All this talk of creme eggs is making me want one Very Happy I saw loads in the supermarket today when I was doing my shopping but sesisted buying one, now I wished I had Mad

Meeting was ok Lai, thanks, but he gave us loads to do What a Face we brought lots of paperwork back from the house and my sister and I need to go through that tomorrow when I finish work and I have a mountain of phone calls to make sometime during the day, then it's back up to London again on Saturday. Thankfull my uncles neighbour is lovely and he kept us supplied with cups of tea, he was a real Like a Star @ heaven
Sorry been absent again on here today but I have only had today to try and catch up with stuff I couldn't do yesterday and spend time with the animals. Tomorrow will be hit and miss as well but I will endevour to do better in the week ahead.

How was the rugby the other night Lai? hope you kept warm and are now feeling a little better.

Have a good evening everyone

littlewid-x-
littlewid
littlewid
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Anne-Marie1981 Mon Jan 17, 2011 1:55 pm

Hi everyone. flying visit from me again. Work is keeping me far to busy (new legislation) so I'm going to give myself a week to get on top of things and then I'll be back. I'll check in when I can but I've still not managed to catch up from last time Crying or Very sad

Hope everyone is ok!! Be back soon!!!!
Anne-Marie1981
Anne-Marie1981

Back to top Go down

Post  Laikipia Mon Jan 17, 2011 2:37 pm

Hi Anne-Marie - good to have you back briefly, work just gets in the way of WAA and all these cams Laughing

Catch up soon.

Lai
Laikipia
Laikipia

Back to top Go down

Post  Safari Maiden Mon Jan 17, 2011 7:04 pm

Hi AM

I know what you mean about work. Ive been moved from the admin office into the surveyors office to populate a database the client expected to be functioning immediately. We where provided with the empty template so how the client expect us to be able to use it straight away for detailed reports and reviews is anyones guess. Its going to take at least two weeks to complete so they are going to have to be reasonable as there is only me doing it, not to mention Im still doing my normal admin job at the same time. Maybe we should as for a pay rise AM!

Catch up with you soon!

SM
Safari Maiden
Safari Maiden

Back to top Go down

Post  Doogs Tue Jan 18, 2011 7:37 pm

Good evening everyone from a rather cold and frosty Aberdeen Frosty Tongue Frost is okay though so long as the snow stays away !!!

Is everyone at last lurgy free ? I can honestly say this has been the first week since before Christmas that I felt right, hoooooray !!! Welcome to everyday Lets Talk - Page 37 71418

Fairly quiet weekend past apart from the footie on Saturday with dad, which we won again Welcome to everyday Lets Talk - Page 37 71418 This new manager that we've got in has done wonders so far, long may it continue cheers

Poor WS having connection problems and not being able to get them sorted until Thursday Mad I did think that his post from the Internet Cafe letting us know what was happening was lovely. He'll have to sort the Cafe out though so they sell Boddingtons this week to keep him happy Welcome to everyday Lets Talk - Page 37 40683

Good on your neighbour for mowing your lawn TTM - you've enough to do keeping the citizens in order so it's nice to have someone helpful and nice next door cheers

Did you go to the rugby on Friday Lai ? Hope you were well wrapped up and kept cosy. Pete's team win ?
Glad to see you've resisted the temptation of those easter eggs LW - unlike others on here lol! How is Buck getting on ??

Oh SM that sounds a nightmare task to do with the database - you're gonna be crossed eyed by the time you finish, poor thing Welcome to everyday Lets Talk - Page 37 615959

I'm going into hospital tomorrow to get an epidural in my back to try and give me some pain relief, keeping my fingers crossed it might just work for me. Will keep you posted how I get on.

Must look for that pictures of Smokey to let you see him. Found out that the little grey cat that visits is called Missy and she's about 3 which I was amazed about as she's so tiny. The guy that works in the shop up the road where I get my paper saw her at our house one day Embarassed I confessed I fed her biscuits etc and he was fine with that Welcome to everyday Lets Talk - Page 37 853843 so no problems cheers

Right I'm away to get some stuff sorted for tomorrow, have to day a 'day bag' with me as I'll be in for a few hours in the afternoon.

Take care all
Doogs drunken
Doogs
Doogs

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 37 of 40 Previous  1 ... 20 ... 36, 37, 38, 39, 40  Next