Wild About Animals
New members come, and say Hello
Plant a seed and watch it grow
Old Members why not share your news
We have loads more for you to choose
Guests your welcome to have a look
but why not sign up and then get hooked!
To All its a pleasure to have you with us

Note: New Members are expected to post within one Month of joining, and post on a fairly regular basis.

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

Wild About Animals
New members come, and say Hello
Plant a seed and watch it grow
Old Members why not share your news
We have loads more for you to choose
Guests your welcome to have a look
but why not sign up and then get hooked!
To All its a pleasure to have you with us

Note: New Members are expected to post within one Month of joining, and post on a fairly regular basis.
Wild About Animals
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Welcome to everyday Lets Talk

+6
Anne-Marie1981
Doogs
Laikipia
whitestarling
Safari Maiden
littlewid
10 posters

Page 38 of 40 Previous  1 ... 20 ... 37, 38, 39, 40  Next

Go down

Welcome to everyday Lets Talk - Page 38 Empty Re: Welcome to everyday Lets Talk

Post  littlewid Tue Jan 18, 2011 9:38 pm

Hey Doogs..... Good luck for tomorrow, i'm sure it will all go fine and I hope it does gove the relief you are looking for....will be thinking of you flower flower flower
Bucks settling in fine thanks, him and Nero are getting along great now, just still have an issue with the hous training but have a new gizmo on that score, check out this link and look under Big Squirt to see what I mean
http://www.rascaldoglitterbox.co.uk/index.php?id=6&lan#googtrans%28en|en%29 So far the dogs have investigated it but Spook has used it.......not supposed to be for him but I suppose being the old boy he was trying to show the nippers how it works lol!

Good to have you back again Anne-Marie, sounds like you and SM are having a busy time of it, hope work settles down for you both soon.

I'm still working, sorting here and doing hours of sorting through my uncles paperwork, last night I was up till 1.50 AM and then back up at 5.30AM for work. There is masses to do and we have discovered so much with his paperwork we have had to resort to a spreadsheet to keep track of it all. We still have Mount Kilimanjaro to climb but we are doing it in small Mole hills to keep our sanity lol! so again i'm really sorry that I am being so slack on here guy's.

We have had a ton of rain and lots of roads have been flooded but thankfully, nothing like TTM has had in Australia........was Tom affected by the floods Lai?

Oooo yes, as I was driving to work this morning along the main road, a mum and dad fox ran out in front of me and the mum had one of her cubs in her mouth, I presume they were moving house and I was just so grateful they moved when they did as the raod was busyish but not like it would have been later on, it could have been a disaster, but what an awesome site to see, needless to say I turned up at work with a huge grin on my face Very Happy

Hope everyones ok.

littlewid-x-
littlewid
littlewid
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Laikipia Wed Jan 19, 2011 8:38 am

Morning everyone

Good luck for today Doogs - let us know how you get on, fingers crossed the epidural helps. Good news that your team won the footie.

Littlewid it sounds like you are really burning the candle at both ends - honestly you mustn't exhaust yourself with all this probate stuff, it does take time. What a great start to the day to see the foxes and cub, I hope they are all safe now.

No, Tom isnt affected by the floods, he is still in Manly, outside Sydney and will probably stay there for another few weeks and then maybe go to Adelaide.

We never made it to the rugby as I was still full of a rhino head and decided it wasnt really a good idea. I'm sure there'll be another opportunity though.

SM too much work is definitely bad for you - they need to be reasonable with their time scale and your time too affraid

Hope everyone has a good day.

Lai

Laikipia
Laikipia

Back to top Go down

Post  whitestarling Wed Jan 19, 2011 3:04 pm

Hi Guys
Just having a quick look in, and I'm not in the Cafe, I'm in the Pub cheers cheers . Looking after the Pub today, and a friend has lent me his laptop for a couple of days. So cheers fingers X I'll be able to have a better catch up tonight
WS
whitestarling
whitestarling
Admin

https://wildaboutanimals.forumotion.net

Back to top Go down

Post  Laikipia Wed Jan 19, 2011 3:47 pm

The pub ?????????????????????????????????????? you sneaked that one in WS - and we thought your phone was down so that's why you werent posting but no its the Boddy's got you drunken drunken

Hope you'll be back soon WS

Lai
Laikipia
Laikipia

Back to top Go down

Post  whitestarling Thu Jan 20, 2011 12:06 pm

WS has re entered the Building Welcome to everyday Lets Talk - Page 38 40683 Phone lines fixed now. I got a text from BT to say it was fixed yesterday afternoon, but as I was WORKING ( Note the word WORKING Lai ) at the Pub till late it was to late when I got home to come on.
Thats my excuse. and I'm sticking to it Evil or Very Mad
WS Welcome to everyday Lets Talk - Page 38 40683 Welcome to everyday Lets Talk - Page 38 40683
whitestarling
whitestarling
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Laikipia Thu Jan 20, 2011 12:15 pm

Great news that normal service is now resumed WS - it's amazing how stressful it becomes without a phone/internet etc.

Pleased to have you back ................. (from the pub I mean) Laughing drunken lol!

Sorry I've not been checking all our cams in your absence, not enough hours in a day. Off to London now for 24 hours, so catch up tomorrow.

Have a good day everyone.

Lai
Laikipia
Laikipia

Back to top Go down

Post  whitestarling Thu Jan 20, 2011 12:22 pm

Have a safe trip Lai. Unfortunatly I'm runnung the Pub again tomorrow, I will have my friends laptop, but it's to slow to get on the web cams.
WS
whitestarling
whitestarling
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Doogs Thu Jan 20, 2011 9:24 pm

Evening all Welcome to everyday Lets Talk - Page 38 853843

Well everything went well yesterday, I'm a wee bit sore today but I'm sure by tomorrow I'll be fine and I can start to assess whether the injection has been useful or not. Went in at 1.45pm but didn't get out until 7.30pm as the numbness took ages to wear off. You'd have all been laughing Laughing at me when I took my first steps to see how bad the numbness was, I think I thought I was walking on the moon and was swaying about all over the place, quite funny ! Nurse said, "nope you're not getting out, back to bed" lol! Injection wasn't sore just uncomfortable so I can't complain. Staff at the hospital were lovely, really nice people which made things a lot easier for me.

Hope you are upto something nice in London Lai, have a great time Welcome to everyday Lets Talk - Page 38 71418

Great to have you back and in full working order WS - although I personally think that was a good excuse to say the phone lines were down so you could get out of the house and into all those cafe's - then pubs !!! drunken lol! You've got it sussed Razz I used to work behind the bar 2/3 nights a week years ago, loved it, good craic and you also get paid for it :) I had the added bonus of meeting Ian when I did it too Welcome to everyday Lets Talk - Page 38 71418

Loving 'The Big Squirt' LW Welcome to everyday Lets Talk - Page 38 853843 and I must admit I had a wee chuckle at the two videos of the Ellie and Violet they have on there they looked so cute I love you I really hope that things get better for you with toilet duties in your household affraid

Right heading off now, away to watch CSI that I recorded last night.

Doogs drunken
Doogs
Doogs

Back to top Go down

Post  whitestarling Fri Jan 21, 2011 12:49 pm

Glad your out Doogs, and everything went OK. I hope you feel the benifit of it soon. Mind you why you went to all that trouble just to sway all over the place, and feel like your walking on the Moon, Idont know scratch scratch I can do it with a few cans of Boddys. Errrrrrr well perhaps a bit more than a few Welcome to everyday Lets Talk - Page 38 40683 Welcome to everyday Lets Talk - Page 38 40683
WS
whitestarling
whitestarling
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Doogs Fri Jan 21, 2011 1:10 pm

lol! Welcome to everyday Lets Talk - Page 38 40683
Doogs
Doogs

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Sat Jan 22, 2011 3:38 am

Hi all

Glad you are ok Doogs, that sounds serious, how long before you will be able to tell if the injection was worht it? AM and SM please remember you can only do what you can do, please don't work too hard. WS in a cafe without Boddy's affraid affraid - do you have photo evidence of that please? Very Happy

Lai i'm pleased Tom has escaped the floods, i am still high and dry but it has been terrible for some in QLD, NSW and VIC. Some of us offered to go and assist in the flooded areas but we were knocked back, i think they have enough help from all over OZ.

LW i hope you are well, still staying strong on creme eggs, i can't resist i could quite easily live on chocolate lol!

All is excellent over here, i am doing an 11 hour shift tonight and i didn't get home till 4am this morning. but i love the job.

Big hug to all and i hope i haven't missed anyone in this message

TTMx

Back to top Go down

Post  Laikipia Sat Jan 22, 2011 7:48 am

Good morning everyone

So pleased you are okay Minty and not affected by the floods, it really has been awful seeing it on the news - the total devastation not only for the people but the wildlife too. So pleased you are loving the job, even with the shifts. Very Happy

Doogs I hope you wake up today feeling okay - no swaying around and not too sore. If it works it will be such a relief for you I am sure. You need to take it easy for a bit now, easier said than done I know.

I hope you're back from the pub now WS - we miss you when you're there drunken

London was great, our girls night out again, and I stayed with one of my oldest friends, we were at school together when we were 11 Shocked she and her husband have a ridgeback and a cocker spaniel - so of course now I really really want another spaniel Laughing what a pair of gorgeous dogs.

Littlewid I hope everything is going okay for you with your uncles paperwork and you are getting some time off to relax and enjoy the furries.

Have a great day everyone.

Lai

Laikipia
Laikipia

Back to top Go down

Post  Doogs Sat Jan 22, 2011 9:43 am

Morning all cheers

So far so good with the back, still a wee bit sore where the injection went in. Once that wears off, which will hopefully be in the next day or so, then I can then assess whether it's helped or not. I need to go racing 'cause standing on my feet for any length of time is what usually kills me, racing is my tester !!! My gut feeling at the moment is it might be a bit better but I'm not counting my chickens as I've had so many disappointments with it so fingers crossed aned quietly hoping ! Razz

Really glad to hear you haven't been affected by the floods TTM but it's truly awful seeing those pictures of the areas in Australia that have, so, so sad Crying or Very sad Fire and flooding are two things I would dread in my house. That seems an awful time to finish your shift, 4am - but I suppose you're used to it !

Girls night out in London sounded fab Lai and lovely you stayed with a friend you have know for that long. Someone in my work had their 11 week old Spaniel (Charlie) into the office yesterday, all chocolate brown, he was a right cutie I love you and as good as gold.

Off out soon to get my haircut, bedding washing is in the machine then going to come home and do the bathroom - thought weekends were for resting !! Laughing Got a surprise 50th tonight for my uncle so hopefully that will be a good night.

Enjoy the rest of your weekend all x Welcome to everyday Lets Talk - Page 38 71418
Doogs
Doogs

Back to top Go down

Post  Laikipia Wed Jan 26, 2011 11:28 am

Good morning everyone

We have some blue sky and a bit of sun today Very Happy essential to make the most of it, I think it is going to get colder later in the week.

How are you feeling Doogs? I guess the soreness has worn off by now, well I hope so, are you feeling any relief? As you say, racing will be the ultimate test!

Trying to keep tabs on the webcams but a lot of them aren't working, but am enjoying all the Lily, Hope and the cubs news.

Not much news at the moment, just work and then a bit more work.

Have a good day everyone.

Lai
Laikipia
Laikipia

Back to top Go down

Post  Doogs Wed Jan 26, 2011 11:43 am

Good morning all :cherry:

We're exactly the same here Lai, looks nice out of the window but there is a definite nip in the air ! Racing at Cheltenham this weekend coming and I see they are taking the precaution and putting down the frost Frosty Tongue covers so definitely a colder outlook for the rest of the week.

Thanks for asking re my back Lai - I'm not any worse but I just don't think the epidural has hit the right spot Crying or Very sad The Doc did say we would try this but it may be more a pelvic issue so looks like we'll be having a look into that. Got a follow up appointment in Feb. Also got racing in Feb (Lance 🐴 going to Ayr on 12/02, his first run for us Welcome to everyday Lets Talk - Page 38 431638 ) so that will be the tester ! Time will tell . . . . .

Ian is away up north working for a couple of nights so I am going to take the opportunity to do the ironing and the bathroom (didn't quite get around to it on Sat Embarassed ) between tonight and tomorrow. Had a good night at my auntie & uncles on Sat although my head and body would disagree come Sunday Razz drunken

Have a good day Welcome to everyday Lets Talk - Page 38 71418
Doogs
Doogs

Back to top Go down

Post  Laikipia Wed Jan 26, 2011 4:09 pm

Oooooooh no Doogs, that is such a shame, it was a great idea to try but what a pain (sorry the pun) if it hasn't really worked. I guess it is a sort of trial and error situation and they are hoping that eventually they will find the right solution, but not very satisfactory for you at all. Don't overdo it meantime with the standing so no ironing and housework Rolling Eyes

How exciting that Lance has his first race on the 12th - wow you will certainly be horse (oh no another pun) after all the excitement of the race. We will all be riding him with you on the day Laughing

Pete's been in London today so i've made the largest chilli I have ever seen for when he gets back tonight - not sure how I got that so wrong but we certainly won't starve!

Have a good evening everyone and try a bit of R & R Doogs.

Lai
Laikipia
Laikipia

Back to top Go down

Post  littlewid Wed Jan 26, 2011 6:24 pm

Hi Everyone

Sorry to hear that the epidural hasn't hit the spot Doogs, sadly it goes like that sometimes, I really hope they can sort it out at your follow up appointment and as lai says, in the meantime take it easy and don't overdo things, we don't want you aggravating it.
Looking forward to hearing all about Lances first race, you know we will all be supporting him bounce
The Big Squirt is going ok thanks but being typical boys they do miss the spot fairly often but it is only early days with it at the moment but at least they are using it which is good, they just need to get their aim better lol!

Sounds as if you made enough chilli for an army Lai Very Happy at least chilli will keep you both nice and warm.
Pleased you had a good night out with the girls, it's always lovely to catch up with old friends isn't it.......if you want a spaniel I can lend you two and you can send them back when they are fully Big Squirt trained Welcome to everyday Lets Talk - Page 38 768480 Welcome to everyday Lets Talk - Page 38 40683 Welcome to everyday Lets Talk - Page 38 40683

Still not had a creme egg TTM No No No , i'm staying strong for Easter Very Happy , I know you are working hard at the moment but i'm pleased you are ok and have not been hit by the floods.......don't go eating too many creme eggs whislt your on duty Very Happy

I'm still plodding my way through my uncles stuff and have spent quite a few evenings at my sisters sorting through things and writing letters etc and at the weekends we are up there on a Saturday sorting the house etc, it is going to take us months to sort through it so time is a bit short just lately.
Sorry I haven't been 100% lately, what with one thing and another I have been pretty exhausted so apologies again guy's for being slack.

I can smell my tea burning so I had better retreive it from the oven, back later to catch up more.

Have a great evening guy's.

littlewid-x-
littlewid
littlewid
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  whitestarling Mon Jan 31, 2011 10:26 am

Morning Guys.
Hope you all had a good weekend. I had a fantastic wildlife weekend, starting with Rhinos, and Elelphants on Africam Sat morning, plus Wildebeest on Wild Earths morning Safari drive. Then the afternoon dive, was fantastic started off with a Bull Elelphant right by the Jeep, then Rhino four of them.Then Wow a 5th suddenly charged out of nowhere, and attacked one of the others. After all the excitement, the drive finished with a view of a massive Bull Elephant, one of the biggest seen in the area. Sunday did the Big Garden Bird Watch which was great, and finaly at dusk on the way home a mass of starlings, must have been a couple of thousand doing the evening roost ritual over Abergele Church it was really amazing to watch. Unfortunatly the video clips I took do'nt really do the scene justice, but at least you can get a sense of what we were watching. Fininshed off with a few Boddy's Welcome to everyday Lets Talk - Page 38 40683 and off to bed. A very Happy Boy
WS
whitestarling
whitestarling
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Doogs Mon Jan 31, 2011 1:55 pm

Afternoon all cheers Well that's another weekend over and done with Crying or Very sad They just go far too quickly drunken

Hey WS sounds like you were on safari at the weekend, next best thing anyway Laughing and to think you rounded it all off with a few Boddies last night Cool

I was down to Glasgow on a bus with my dad on Saturday as Aberdeen were playing Celtic in the semi-final of the cup. Unfortunatley we were 3-0 down after 21 minutes and then 4-0 down after 34 minutes Crying or Very sad Mad . Ended up losing 4-1 but when you start as bad as we did you give yourself no chance of coming back into the game so that was disappointing. Dad and I had a good day out though, bus was a laugh and we managed quite a few beers ! drunken Ian's team played on the Sunday, they won 2-1 so he came home happier than I did !!!

What was everyone else up to ?

Very dark and dreary day up here today but at least I didn't have to scrape the windows this morning before heading off to work.

Have a good day everyone Welcome to everyday Lets Talk - Page 38 853843
Doogs
Doogs

Back to top Go down

Post  littlewid Mon Jan 31, 2011 9:26 pm

Evening Everyone

Your weekend sounds magical WS, full of amazing wildlife, just brilliant.....how did I know a Boddys would get in there as well Welcome to everyday Lets Talk - Page 38 40683 Welcome to everyday Lets Talk - Page 38 40683

Ooooo poor you Doogs, never nice when your team loose No No No but at least you and your dad had a laugh and a few beers as well cheers

We had a lovely sunny day yesterday but it has been really cold and the car needed scrapping this morning What a Face it's cold again this evening so looks as though I may be scrapping again in the morning.........must remember to put my gloves on this time Welcome to everyday Lets Talk - Page 38 615959

littlewid-x-
littlewid
littlewid
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  whitestarling Mon Jan 31, 2011 10:17 pm

affraid affraid LW why are you scrapping your Car you've only just bought it
WS Welcome to everyday Lets Talk - Page 38 40683 Welcome to everyday Lets Talk - Page 38 40683
whitestarling
whitestarling
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  littlewid Tue Feb 01, 2011 5:49 am

I must be a Nutter WS cos i'm gonna be doing it again this morning affraid Welcome to everyday Lets Talk - Page 38 40683 Welcome to everyday Lets Talk - Page 38 40683

littlewid-x-
littlewid
littlewid
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Doogs Tue Feb 01, 2011 1:58 pm

Wot you like WS, trust you to come out with something like that !!! Welcome to everyday Lets Talk - Page 38 40683 lol!
Keep your fingers crossed for my team tonight - we play Celtic again - 3rd time in 11 days ! We lost 1-0 to them in the league at their ground on Sat 22/01 ; we got beat by them 4-1 in the cup at a neutral ground on Sat past ; hopefully tonight it will be 3rd time lucky and we can beat them at our ground !!!

Beautiful bright sunny day up here today, hope it's the same for everyone else cheers
Doogs
Doogs

Back to top Go down

Post  Laikipia Tue Feb 01, 2011 3:30 pm

Hello everyone

Good luck for tonight Doogs - hope you win expecially as it's at home and third time lucky!

We've got sun and a little rain - one of those on off days - but much warmer.

Littlewid and WS I totally lost the thread earlier Welcome to everyday Lets Talk - Page 38 40683 i really thought you'd had a disaster with your new car ........ so pleased i carried on reading Welcome to everyday Lets Talk - Page 38 615959

Got to run ........... works getting in the way.

Lai Very Happy
Laikipia
Laikipia

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Thu Feb 03, 2011 1:36 pm

Hello all
Hope all are well, doogs sorry your epidural didn't work I hope they find something else for you. I can't imagine being in pain like that.

Anyone else tried net on an iPhone it's all so small and fiddley but am persevering with it. Am on s break as it is raining at the mo

Gotta go back soon

Ttmxxx

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 38 of 40 Previous  1 ... 20 ... 37, 38, 39, 40  Next