Wild About Animals
New members come, and say Hello
Plant a seed and watch it grow
Old Members why not share your news
We have loads more for you to choose
Guests your welcome to have a look
but why not sign up and then get hooked!
To All its a pleasure to have you with us

Note: New Members are expected to post within one Month of joining, and post on a fairly regular basis.

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

Wild About Animals
New members come, and say Hello
Plant a seed and watch it grow
Old Members why not share your news
We have loads more for you to choose
Guests your welcome to have a look
but why not sign up and then get hooked!
To All its a pleasure to have you with us

Note: New Members are expected to post within one Month of joining, and post on a fairly regular basis.
Wild About Animals
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Camera trap photos

+4
whitestarling
littlewid
Doogs
Laikipia
8 posters

Page 4 of 10 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10  Next

Go down

Camera trap photos - Page 4 Empty Re: Camera trap photos

Post  Laikipia Wed Jul 04, 2012 9:29 pm

cheers I think you're right, the bunnies and squirrels will probably have eaten the lot! I'm going to collect the cam trap tomorrow morning and see if anyone has paid a visit cheers

Lai
Laikipia
Laikipia

Back to top Go down

Post  littlewid Wed Jul 04, 2012 9:56 pm

Don't laugh but I am excited already bounce lol! and just think of all the clips you could have to send to Springwatch next year or even Autumn Watch this year Camera trap photos - Page 4 768480

littlewid-x-
littlewid
littlewid
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Laikipia Thu Jul 05, 2012 8:17 am

Shocked Nothing to report from the last two nights - just me setting it up, me putting out the raisins and Pete collecting it this morning scratch so next plan ........

Lai
Laikipia
Laikipia

Back to top Go down

Post  littlewid Thu Jul 05, 2012 9:18 pm

Mmmm thats a shame Lai, I felt sure you would have some birds or squirrels with all those raisins. Maybe they just all decided to have a night in Very Happy whats your next plan??????

littlewid-x-
littlewid
littlewid
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Laikipia Fri Jul 06, 2012 9:52 am

Last night we put the cam trap out again on a tree where we know the vixen comes under the fence and into the woods. We're hoping the other vixen and maybe the cubs also use this route now. I'll have to be patient and leave it a couple of days (raisins and peanuts out this time just in case).

Still searching for evidence of the badgers and more importantly the sett - the one they were using isn't currently in use but they can't be far away.

Lai
Laikipia
Laikipia

Back to top Go down

Post  littlewid Fri Jul 06, 2012 8:25 pm

sadly knowing one Badger was found the other day Lai they can't be too far away even though the sett is empty, hopefully you will be able to find some evidence as to where they are......maybe they will sniff out the peanuts, fingers corssed.

I think you are right about being patient with the cam trap, when they are put out for wildlife programmes it can take ages to capture anything, wildlife come in their own time don't they and not to order.......which is a bit of a shame Very Happy but yes we must be patient but if you are like me, I would want to be checking it every 5 mins or so Very Happy i'm good at telling others to be patient but not so good at it myself.
How lovely would it be though to see the vixen and the cubs and a few Badgers and Rabbits and a variety of birds and anything else that would like to pop along and have it's picture taken bounce

littlewid-x-
littlewid
littlewid
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  whitestarling Fri Jul 06, 2012 11:28 pm

They do tend to use more than one sett, so as you say its patience, not an easy thing when your excited about catching a photo of some thing. When you watch the wildlife programes they leave them there for a couple of weeks at a time. I'm sure you'll get something soon Lai, keep trying
WS
whitestarling
whitestarling
Admin

https://wildaboutanimals.forumotion.net

Back to top Go down

Post  Laikipia Sat Jul 14, 2012 9:12 am

Quick update. Ltl Acorn being repaired and Bushnell waiting to be put somewhere.

The really fantastic news is that Pete has just been out in the woods with the dogs and saw a badger Laughing Tamu also spotted the badger so it did a runner, wisely. Thankfully neither dogs gave chase, but we've now got to decide where best to try the trail cam in the hope of catching some footage of our elusive badgers cheers

On the case later today, without the dogs .....

Lai
Laikipia
Laikipia

Back to top Go down

Post  littlewid Sat Jul 14, 2012 5:44 pm

WOW WOW WOW fantastic that Pete saw a Badger Lai, that really is great news and even better that neither Penny or Tamu gave chase Very Happy lets hope that you are able to capture some footage of them, that would be so special so fingers crossed the cam is in the right place when you set it up. Well Done Pete for spotting the Badger Camera trap photos - Page 4 768480

littlewid-x-
littlewid
littlewid
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Laikipia Sat Jul 14, 2012 6:50 pm

I know, I was sooooooooooooooooooo envious, he did come and tell me but I hadn't any shoes on and it would have long since gone by the time I got out there.

We've put the cam trap in the area he saw the badger and later (once the Squirrel ) aren't around I'll go out and put a lot of peanuts around.

Fingers crossed we see a badger soon.

Lai
Laikipia
Laikipia

Back to top Go down

Post  littlewid Sat Jul 14, 2012 7:11 pm

You can't believe how excited I am bounce bounce bounce Please let them be caught on cam this evening, just how magical would that be Camera trap photos - Page 4 853843 I tell you I would camp out to see Badgers Very Happy I am quite envious of Pete today alien

littlewid-x-
littlewid
littlewid
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Laikipia Sat Jul 14, 2012 8:25 pm

Off to put out the peanuts in a while, fingers crossed but I think this is a very hit and miss idea, what we really want is to find the sett.

Lai
Laikipia
Laikipia

Back to top Go down

Post  littlewid Sat Jul 14, 2012 9:31 pm

That would be ideal Lai wouldn't it but I suppose that unless you did camp out to see where they were coming from that would be quite difficult........I feel a mission for Pete coming on Camera trap photos - Page 4 768480

littlewid-x-
littlewid
littlewid
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  whitestarling Sun Jul 15, 2012 1:03 am

Camera trap photos - Page 4 768480 Good news Pete spotted the Badger, hopefully seeing the Dogs wont have put it off. Trying to find the set is really the secret, and best place for the cam. Hope little acorns better soon.
Good idea LW, if Lai can badger Pete to camp out he might find them Camera trap photos - Page 4 40683
WS
whitestarling
whitestarling
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Laikipia Sun Jul 15, 2012 7:48 am

ROFL WS.

I'm off to check if the peanuts went last night, but will leave the cam for another night I think, + more peanuts tonight. I know it's a long shot as when I put out the peanuts last night I found lots of bunnies!

I'll mention the camping bit to Pete later Laughing

Lai
Laikipia
Laikipia

Back to top Go down

Post  littlewid Sun Jul 15, 2012 8:32 am

Bunnies on cam will be lovely but the Badgers will be better bounce we will just have to wait and see who is the biggest peanut eater......Bunnies Vs Badgers Very Happy

Pete doesn't sound like the kind of man that would shy away from a weeny bit of camping.....he's a safari man so it's a bit more practice for those great open plains of the Savanah......Go Pete Go lol!

littlewid-x-
littlewid
littlewid
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Laikipia Sun Jul 15, 2012 9:21 am

Camera trap photos - Page 4 40683 Littlewid.

Off to collect the trail cam now .....

No just a bunny and a squirrel, who now has lots of piles of peanuts to eat all day. That was a bit too random so going back to plan D scratch and the field.

Lai
Laikipia
Laikipia

Back to top Go down

Post  littlewid Sun Jul 15, 2012 3:19 pm

Camera trap photos - Page 4 40683 bet that little Squirrel couldn't believe his luck with all those peanuts. lets hope that plan D works or it does look as though Pete is up for a camping trip Very Happy

littlewid-x-
littlewid
littlewid
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  whitestarling Mon Jul 16, 2012 12:01 pm

I know what your doing with those Peanuts Lai, your keeping them away from the SPeas Camera trap photos - Page 4 40683 Better luck in the field
WS
whitestarling
whitestarling
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Laikipia Mon Jul 16, 2012 12:46 pm

ROFL WS - it's torrential rain today, so will go out later and think about a new place for the trail cam. Sadly I just reported another dead badger on the main road, such a sad sight to see.

Lai
Laikipia
Laikipia

Back to top Go down

Post  littlewid Mon Jul 16, 2012 3:43 pm

Oh no, not another one Lai, that is not good news, I wonder if its from the same Sett as the other one. I always wish there was some way the Badgers could be kept safe when crossing the road, I wished they had tunnels under the road but that will never happen and then its would the Badgers use them.

RIP little Badger Sad

littlewid-x-
littlewid
littlewid
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Laikipia Mon Jul 16, 2012 4:31 pm

I don't think so it was about 3 or 4 miles away on the way into town, I'm not sure what area they cover but I feel it wasn't one of our local badgers.

A badger tunnel would be such a good idea, except you have to think about sick people and what might happen Twisted Evil they might sit and wait.
Lai
Laikipia
Laikipia

Back to top Go down

Post  Safari Maiden Fri Jul 20, 2012 11:14 pm

Fabulous having the camera trap Lai. Great captures as well!

SM
Safari Maiden
Safari Maiden

Back to top Go down

Post  Laikipia Sat Jul 21, 2012 2:04 pm

Thanks SM.

We've finally got the badger - very briefly and it's not anywhere near the sett.

Only a fleeting visit, but later I am going to put both cams there and some peanuts.

The Kingfisher again, but I am struggling with fixing the Llt Acorn to the tree which is now leaning badly. I'll have to leave this for now and concentrate both cams on the badger.

Lai
Laikipia
Laikipia

Back to top Go down

Post  littlewid Sat Jul 21, 2012 4:50 pm

WOW WOW WOW WOW How fantastic was that, to see that not so little badger go bottom wiggling into the grass was just brilliant Lai; you must have been so excited to have seen that when you checked the cam, I am thrilled so goodness knows how you must have felt. Good idea to have both cams concentrated on the Badger, it's wonderful to see the Kingfisher and I loved the clip but now you have the elusive Badger, we can't loose him. Oooooo this has got a whole lot more exciting Camera trap photos - Page 4 853843

littlewid-x-
littlewid
littlewid
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 4 of 10 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10  Next