Wild About Animals
New members come, and say Hello
Plant a seed and watch it grow
Old Members why not share your news
We have loads more for you to choose
Guests your welcome to have a look
but why not sign up and then get hooked!
To All its a pleasure to have you with us

Note: New Members are expected to post within one Month of joining, and post on a fairly regular basis.

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

Wild About Animals
New members come, and say Hello
Plant a seed and watch it grow
Old Members why not share your news
We have loads more for you to choose
Guests your welcome to have a look
but why not sign up and then get hooked!
To All its a pleasure to have you with us

Note: New Members are expected to post within one Month of joining, and post on a fairly regular basis.
Wild About Animals
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Welcome to everyday Lets Talk

+5
whitestarling
princesspurplehippy
littlewid
Doogs
Laikipia
9 posters

Page 29 of 40 Previous  1 ... 16 ... 28, 29, 30 ... 34 ... 40  Next

Go down

Welcome to everyday Lets Talk - Page 29 Empty Re: Welcome to everyday Lets Talk

Post  littlewid Tue Feb 05, 2013 5:55 pm

I hope you've had a fantastic Day Lai and that you have been spoilt rotten Welcome to everyday Lets Talk - Page 29 853843

The weather here was mental during the night too severe gales but the only things that went flying the the wheelie bins, luckily no-one had any damage but it was a night of no sleep and trying to silence Nero as he thought we were being broken in to.

Ruby has her op tomorrow so pressie will be delivered tomorrow night WS. We have just been on a walk and happened to meet up with Ruby and she and Nero were squeeling with delight at seeing each other, there is big love going on between these two I love you

Toms been round with his crew to see about my bathroom and it looks like it's going to happen the 3rd or 4th week in March which is lovely, i'm so excited......but not about the mess Welcome to everyday Lets Talk - Page 29 40683

No snow here but I hope everyone else is warm and safe and not having too much snow and heres to a calmer night for everyone
littlewid-x-
littlewid
littlewid
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Laikipia Tue Feb 05, 2013 6:48 pm

Just off for a pub meal tonight to our favourite pub - i'm hungry already thinking about it Laughing

Weather diabolical now - hope everyone else it okay and no more flying wheelie bins!

Great news about your bathroom - it will be fantastic once it's done.

Nero and Ruby I love you that's so sweet Littlewid.

Stay safe and warm everyone.

Lai Hugs
Laikipia
Laikipia

Back to top Go down

Post  Laikipia Wed Feb 06, 2013 11:13 am

Good morning everyone

Well it's not snowing and it's dry but cold so better than yesterday. Hoping everyone else is okay and not too much damage caused by the UK weather!

We're off to London shortly to go to a Tusk Lecture at the Royal Geographical Society - it's called 'Walking with Lion'

This is a remarkable story about ‘adventurous tourists’ in Kenya and those Maasai who have decided to ‘Walk with Lion’ to help their future. The Il Ngwesi Group Ranch in Northern Kenya has pioneered a different community based approach to conservation, which benefits both the local community and the ecosystem upon which they depend.

Over the past 15 years this locally owned conservancy has established a haven for wildlife, as well as a refuge for local Maasai herds during times of drought. Centre stage is the Il Ngwesi Lodge, which attracts those who wish to join the Il Ngwesi Maasai in their goal to create a sustainable tourist experience in this rich Samburu savannah.

You will enjoy meeting James Kinyaga. James will share his passion for the culture, the wildlife and geography of this remarkable landscape of the north Kenya drylands and home of the Il Ngwesi people. This will include the original pioneers in the community, the choosing of the site for Kenya’s first community lodge, its construction and its first guests in 1996.

The community decided there was a future in tourism for conservation and community development and agreed to set aside part of their land as a ‘conservancy’ which, if left to flourish, would soon attract a growing number of wildlife from elephant, lion, leopard and rhino - as well as an increasingly diverse flora. A rich ecosystem that over time has increased in its biodiversity and its contribution to the local community. A brave decision by the Elders at the time.

James will also explain how the income from tourism has made a contribution to the health, well being and education of the wider Il Ngwesi community. This will include lessons learnt from the first 15 years of the project, the growing pressures on the landscape due to the increased size of the community and the need to adapt in the face of growing ‘community based tourism’ in many of the neighbouring ranches. The need to diversify livelihoods through the selling of beadwork and honey is important as is the continued confidence to interact with NGO’s and other external agencies to develop new sources of income.

The Il Ngwesi conservation area remains a locally owned co-operative and we will learn of their resolve to keep it run by the Community. But will this Il Ngwesi model survive? And can the Maasai retain ownership of their heritage and culture, while setting ever high goals for themselves and the ecosystem that has served them so well over many generations?

Do come and join us for an evening you will never forget at the Royal Geographical Society on Wednesday 6th February to hear James Kinyaga tell this remarkable story.

We're really looking forward to it and meeting up with some friends as well. Il Ngwesi is a beautiful place and once on a riding safari we stayed a night at the Lodge (to recover from all those long days in the saddle).

Hopefully this will be a good fund raiser for Tusk and Il Ngwesi and all the good work they both do.

Have a good day everyone Very Happy

Lai albino queen

Laikipia
Laikipia

Back to top Go down

Post  gregrowlerson Wed Feb 06, 2013 8:19 pm

Looking forward to how you went with James Kinyaga, but come on EE, a TUSK lecture! You're making this all far too easy for me Laughing

By the way, how was your pub meal?
gregrowlerson
gregrowlerson

Back to top Go down

Post  littlewid Wed Feb 06, 2013 9:05 pm

I hope you had a good birthday evening yesterday Lai and the Tusk Trust evening sounds really interesting, looking forward to hearing all about it.

littlewid-x-
littlewid
littlewid
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Laikipia Thu Feb 07, 2013 1:27 pm

Good afternoon everyone

Well the pub meal was okay we didn't get to our favourite pub due to snow and bad weather so went to one of our locals, it was nice and fun but we'll get to our fav for Valentines day instead Very Happy

Oh my word GR you are right - that's funny, I hadn't even realised! I seem to walk straight into these .... Laughing

The lecture was great and very interesting and it seems we won the silent auction (Sarah and I agreed to split the cost if we got it and so we have 4 nights for 4 people at Il Ngwesi sometime within the next year I believe. Yipppeeeeeeeeeee it's an ace place so we'll tag it onto a future safari. It will be Sarah her daughter Leila + Pete and me (and hopefully Ali).

Must get to the office now.

Have a good afternoon everyone.

Lai
Laikipia
Laikipia

Back to top Go down

Post  gregrowlerson Thu Feb 07, 2013 8:14 pm

I think that the snow will be a blessing in disguise Lai, as for VD you can tap Pete on the shoulder and choose the best bottle of drunken Very Happy

Welcome to everyday Lets Talk - Page 29 305898 on the 4 people for 4 nights safari prizey!!!! Everything good comes with four, as we all know! Do you go on safari annually anyhoo?
gregrowlerson
gregrowlerson

Back to top Go down

Post  Doogs Thu Feb 07, 2013 11:14 pm

This thread has got away from me again !!! Embarassed

Back 11pm so will be on during my lunch hour tomorrow for a proper catch up. Hopefully have some good news for you all then . . . . . Very Happy

Doogs Group Hug
Doogs
Doogs

Back to top Go down

Post  whitestarling Thu Feb 07, 2013 11:44 pm

Catching up myself as well Doogs. Its the back of 11-00 confused I was'nt sure what that was, so I've just been round the back, and it looks the same as from the front scratch Welcome to everyday Lets Talk - Page 29 40683 . Good on you PPH for going for the games, hope you get it should be fun. I hope you get it.. At least you got to a Pub Lai for a few drunken drunken , and I hope you have a great VD night. Welcome to everyday Lets Talk - Page 29 305898 on winning the Safari trip sound as though you'll have a great time.

WS
whitestarling
whitestarling
Admin

https://wildaboutanimals.forumotion.net

Back to top Go down

Post  gregrowlerson Fri Feb 08, 2013 2:48 am

Good one Grandfather Clock Welcome to everyday Lets Talk - Page 29 40683

Doogsy, you can't leave us hanging like bats. So spill the beans! Are you actually going to be getting some time off work? Razz

My serious guess? That you are going to announce your next official safari trip. But I shall probably be way off Laughing
gregrowlerson
gregrowlerson

Back to top Go down

Post  Laikipia Fri Feb 08, 2013 4:58 pm

Come on Doogs .......................... spill please, I can't bear the suspense scratch Welcome to everyday Lets Talk - Page 29 45922 Laughing

WS ROFL - you are on what today?

GR - yes we do, I have a love affair with Africa, and feel the need to visit at least once a year otherwise 🤢 alien

Lai albino albino elephant queen
Laikipia
Laikipia

Back to top Go down

Post  Doogs Fri Feb 08, 2013 5:01 pm

Not going to leave you hanging around any longer GR . . . . . you are not way off, you are spot on Wink so well done you for guessing correctly that the next safari trip has been booked – you are a smart cookie aren’t you Cool. Yes after a number of really crap months in my personal life I have something to really look forward to this year – oh that’s on top of my annual trip to Cheltenham Races next month Very Happy

Yes we have booked to go back to the Mara Intrepids for 5 nights in November then a couple of nights in Nairobi after at the Tribe Hotel (which we stayed in in 2011, very nice - http://www.tribe-hotel.com/). We’re travelling for the first time by KLM going Aberdeen – Amsterdam – Nairobi so no added expense of getting down to London this time. The Intrepids have thrown in a Bush Breakfast and a Bush Dinner to our booking for free which is great.

Oooh just reading back and your drain problem is something I’ve just had PPH Crying or Very sad I’m at the end of 6 Cottages and the drains all meet at mine to then go to a big pipe to the main drain. Someone keeps putting (baby) wipes and kitchen roll down their toilet and they don’t disintegrate like toilet roll which has resulted in it backing up on my property. Thankfully when I called the Water Board they came out and sorted it, not very pleasant though. Welcome to everyday Lets Talk - Page 29 431638 with your Commonwealth Games Application

A new bathroom next month LW, excellent. The work to get to the new bathroom not so excellent but I’m sure it will all be worth it in the end. Will you have a bucket on stand-by just in case some work doesn’t get done ??? Welcome to everyday Lets Talk - Page 29 40683

Loved the sound of your lecture at the Royal Geographical Society Lai and thanks for that info about the Il Ngwesi conservation area, a fascinating read. Well done to you and Sarah for winning the silent auction, nice one Razz Already looking forward to hearing about your experiences at Il Ngwesi.

Was into the pictures last weekend to see the film Flight. Very good and worth seeing. I’ve got a girls night out tomorrow, one of these places you take your own drink so we have all agreed to take Champagne No Cava, Prosecco etc allowed, just the proper stuff, whoop whoop bring it on drunken

Have a good weekend everybody
Doogs Group Hug
Doogs
Doogs

Back to top Go down

Post  Laikipia Fri Feb 08, 2013 5:54 pm

Welcome to everyday Lets Talk - Page 29 71418 Doogs, that's fantastic news, I'm so pleased for you, how exciting, it's lovely to have something really special to look forward to. Sounds great that Intrepids have thrown in Bush meals as well. Funny you should say KLM because Pete reckons we should do that next time from Manchester via Amsterdam so we miss out Heathrow which is always a pain.

Ooooooooooooooh Cheltenham Doogs drunken cheers Laughing so pleased you'll be there, I'll let you know if we're going so we can meet up again and have a quick drunken in between watching the Race Horse

Good to know you enjoyed the film and have a fun girls night out planned with the proper stuff.

Have a great weekend.

Lai
Laikipia
Laikipia

Back to top Go down

Post  gregrowlerson Fri Feb 08, 2013 8:43 pm

Welcome to everyday Lets Talk - Page 29 853843 Cheetah Welcome to everyday Lets Talk - Page 29 853843

That is great news Doogsy about your trip! Especially with recent down times, but now let's hope that it is very much happy times ahead, and I always think that half of the positiveness of a big holiday comes with the looking forward to it part.

Let us know how tomorrow night goes...if you remember any of it lol!
gregrowlerson
gregrowlerson

Back to top Go down

Post  Laikipia Fri Feb 08, 2013 9:37 pm

Laughing GR - that's a good one!

I forgot to mention the drama of today. The bank called me to say that Lufthansa had called them to say had I booked a flight in someone else's name? No I said to the man at the bank, aha he said, let's go through some recent activity on your account - so they then went on to check the last week on my debit card - wow has someone had a good time! They started small and then hit big time, trying for flights, holidays, car phone warehouse and so it went on. Fortunately the card is now cancelled and all monies returned to me. I have to check the list again that they are sending me as I have used my card but not to that extent. It never ceases to amaze me how easy it seems to be to clone a card affraid

Lai silent albino
Laikipia
Laikipia

Back to top Go down

Post  whitestarling Sat Feb 09, 2013 1:30 am

Welcome to everyday Lets Talk - Page 29 768480 Brilliant news on the Safari Doogs and a free breakfast and dinner. Have a great weekend plenty of drunken drunken Welcome to everyday Lets Talk - Page 29 40683
What a Face Thats bad Lai, but at least you've got your money back, so thats one good thing. I wonder if the bank can tell at which outlet the card was cloned at. Something like this hs happened to one of us before, cant remember when could hve been a couple of years ago. Mind you if they tried it with my card the bank would be on straight away, I leave Wales so rarely they even check when I go into England Welcome to everyday Lets Talk - Page 29 40683
Have a good weekend everyone, and keep the snow away

WS
whitestarling
whitestarling
Admin

https://wildaboutanimals.forumotion.net

Back to top Go down

Post  gregrowlerson Sat Feb 09, 2013 8:31 am

That's rather scary on the card fraud Lai affraid But good to hear that it all works out well for you in the end. A problem with this sort of thing is that I would imagine that Credit card companies and banks just raise their own costs to cover the costs of these sorts of instances happening, and it seems very hard to stop. Would probably fool the crooks these days to keep all your money under your pillow Laughing

Today I played tennis and it was rather warm, a little over 30 degrees. One of my friends bought along new tennis balls and they were bouncing crazy high off the concrete court, so there were some amusing moments where we would hit lob shots deep that would bounce too high for the openent to even reach them! And with me not being the most powerful hitter I turned to this tactic a lot Razz
gregrowlerson
gregrowlerson

Back to top Go down

Post  Laikipia Sat Feb 09, 2013 9:18 am

Tennis, a great game GR, sounds like you had a fun time. Sadly Pete doesn't play but I do badly and I love it. Not sure I could play in 30 degrees though Shocked

My credit card was cloned a few years back WS - they tried for £5000 in William Hill Laughing ha ha ha - no chance so it was stopped straight away! Sadly this being a debit card lots has gone through, anyway all sorted now I hope and a new card on it's way.

Have a good weekend everyone.

Lai
Laikipia
Laikipia

Back to top Go down

Post  gregrowlerson Sat Feb 09, 2013 9:33 am

I can imagine Pete not being able to play; serving and smashing not good for a bad back. But you must have some pommie friends who can play, and you have no excuse not to dust off that racquet in the cupboard as it rarely gets to 30 degrees in your neck of the woods Razz

As for that credit card crook, he should have just bought a puppy and some drunken and he would have gotten away with it scot free lol!
gregrowlerson
gregrowlerson

Back to top Go down

Post  Laikipia Sat Feb 09, 2013 9:42 am

I do indeedy, we used to play weekly in the summer with lots of drunken as well, it was such fun but sometimes I would see double balls Laughing

So back to it again this summer and no excuses cheers

Lai
Laikipia
Laikipia

Back to top Go down

Post  gregrowlerson Sat Feb 09, 2013 9:56 am

With lots of drunken I can imagine plenty of confused over line calls Laughing
gregrowlerson
gregrowlerson

Back to top Go down

Post  Laikipia Sat Feb 09, 2013 1:38 pm

What a Face Shocked Rolling Eyes so true Suspect calls all the time Laughing

Lai
Laikipia
Laikipia

Back to top Go down

Post  littlewid Sat Feb 09, 2013 3:39 pm

Good Afternoon All Very Happy

Doogs, thats just brilliant you have your next safari sorted, I am sooooo pleased for you, it will be wonderful and you know we want loads of piccys Very Happy nearer the time we will have to start a countdown to safari time bounce
Sounds like you have a busy weekend again and i'm sure the girlie night will be fun with all that champagne flowing drunken Welcome to everyday Lets Talk - Page 29 853843

Not good news about your card being cloned again Lai, it's always a worry isn't it but at least you have all the money back now which is a relief. It really annoys me that people do this, if you want loads of money then go out and earn it and don't steal someone elses hard earned cash Mad

Mmmm Tennis not my game GR & Lai, don't even really like watching it, I think the only game I saw last year was the scottish guy ( who's name has now gone from my head) who won at the Olympics.......oh yes, got it, Andy Murray.

Hope everyone's having a good weekend, it's wet and dreary here on the South Coast What a Face

littlewid-x-
littlewid
littlewid
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Laikipia Sat Feb 09, 2013 4:51 pm

Just checked out Tribe Doogs - looks nice and very modern looking. We've not been there, maybe time for a change in Nairobi, although we are normally passing through quickly. I am just soooooooooooooooooooooooooooo excited for you cheers

Same here Littlewid, wet and dreary and my hair has gone afro I've just moved the bird feeder and had a good sort out.

Have a good rest of Saturday everyone.

Lai
Laikipia
Laikipia

Back to top Go down

Post  princesspurplehippy Sun Feb 10, 2013 9:29 pm

busy few days for me so I haven't been here a lot.

Very busy in work and I'm so glad that I have a 3 day week this week. I have thursday and friday off work and itll be a lovely long weekend with the first National Trust visit of the year. I'll be back to the Land of my Fathers and visiting Chirk Castle and if we have time Erddig.

Its only going to be a couple of hours drive but the 'mother in law' has never been there and its close to where my dad and step mum live so bonus of popping in for a cuppa when Im there

Its started snowing here tonight but hopefully it wont be as bad as it was last time
princesspurplehippy
princesspurplehippy

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 29 of 40 Previous  1 ... 16 ... 28, 29, 30 ... 34 ... 40  Next