Wild About Animals
New members come, and say Hello
Plant a seed and watch it grow
Old Members why not share your news
We have loads more for you to choose
Guests your welcome to have a look
but why not sign up and then get hooked!
To All its a pleasure to have you with us

Note: New Members are expected to post within one Month of joining, and post on a fairly regular basis.

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

Wild About Animals
New members come, and say Hello
Plant a seed and watch it grow
Old Members why not share your news
We have loads more for you to choose
Guests your welcome to have a look
but why not sign up and then get hooked!
To All its a pleasure to have you with us

Note: New Members are expected to post within one Month of joining, and post on a fairly regular basis.
Wild About Animals
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Welcome to everyday Lets Talk

+5
whitestarling
princesspurplehippy
littlewid
Doogs
Laikipia
9 posters

Page 30 of 40 Previous  1 ... 16 ... 29, 30, 31 ... 35 ... 40  Next

Go down

Welcome to everyday Lets Talk - Page 30 Empty Re: Welcome to everyday Lets Talk

Post  whitestarling Sun Feb 10, 2013 11:28 pm

affraid Looks like one of the Birds nests has dropped on your head Lai Welcome to everyday Lets Talk - Page 30 40683 . We did'nt get the snow thank heavens, but wet, and miserable today, but it is getting lighter later which is good. Welcome back to Cymru PPH, never been to Chirk Castle you'll have to get os some photos
WS
whitestarling
whitestarling
Admin

https://wildaboutanimals.forumotion.net

Back to top Go down

Post  Laikipia Mon Feb 11, 2013 10:47 am

You the man WS - that made me Laughing this morning.

Lai
Laikipia
Laikipia

Back to top Go down

Post  littlewid Mon Feb 11, 2013 6:01 pm

A lovely long weekend, how brilliant is that PPH and a National Trust Visit as well Very Happy I hope the weather is good for you and you have a lovely time.....and lots of lovely piccies please bounce

We had some snow here this morning, which was a change from the zillions of rain we had yesterday. The snow came down quite hard but it was too wet and flooded everywhere for it to settle, which was a good thing I suppose.

littlewid-x-
littlewid
littlewid
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  princesspurplehippy Mon Feb 11, 2013 8:51 pm

lots of slushy snow down here, still falling but its too wet to stick.

Off to the pool again tonight and I managed to do 18 lengths, I worked it out and thats just over 1/4 mile
princesspurplehippy
princesspurplehippy

Back to top Go down

Post  Doogs Fri Feb 15, 2013 12:55 pm

Sorry folkies for being AWOL Embarassed , it's just been one of those weeks. Working late every night and I also had something on at lunchtime Tues, Wed & Thurs so no time to post then either. Will catch up on as much as possible today, including come back to this thread.

Doogs drunken
Doogs
Doogs

Back to top Go down

Post  Doogs Fri Feb 15, 2013 5:19 pm

Whoop whoop, it’s Friday folkies and believe me after the busy week I’ve had I’m very glad it’s the weekend pale Going to see the Dandy Dons tonight as our game is on TV so moved from Saturday. It doesn’t happen very often going to a game on a Friday night but the ones that I have been to are always a good atmosphere - I think it's cause everyone goes to the pub straight from work then onto the game ! Going for a few beers myself drunken with dad beforehand. Tomorrow got an ‘all day sesh’ drunken starting at 1.30pm – Sunday, will be lucky to see it !!! This sounds like I'm turning into a raving alcoholic !! Laughing

Last Saturday night was a great one with the girls, we had 2 x bottles of Moet, 1 x Lanson, 1 x Tattinger and 1 x Piper Heidsieck Rose – classy eh !!! Remembered most of the night GR !

Tennis in 30 deg heat sunny you must be keen . . . . or mad GR !!! Laughing Would be good for losing some weight though !

I see you’ve also been busy at work PPH but good to hear you got a nice long weekend off. Let us know how the NT visits go. If you do 18 lengths and that’s just over ¼ of a mile I swim over ½ a mile every week as I do 40 lengths, that sounds a lot when you put it like that !!!

How's the snow LW, has it all disappeared now ? We had one of the coldest days for a long time on Wednesday, really chilly but that pat two days have been quite mild, really weird scratch

You on pub duty this weekend WS - if so which side of the bar ??? Laughing

Have a good one everybody
Doogs drunken
Doogs
Doogs

Back to top Go down

Post  gregrowlerson Fri Feb 15, 2013 9:22 pm

That is sweet news to an Aussie to hear about the falling snow (even though you guys are sick of it!) Very Happy

Big Welcome to everyday Lets Talk - Page 30 768480 on your 18 laps PPH!

Doogs, funnily enough my football team EssenDON played last night too. Their nickname is Bombers but they are also known as the "dons". Lately it hasn't been so dandy for them though as they have been caught up in some sort of drug scandal affraid

Work has been quite busy for me too, and I'm working today (another affraid Laughing ). If not many people come in I may be able to make more posts on here Cool

"all day sesh" - now that is Cool speak!

Yep, your sign off smiley seems very apt for you just now Doogsy Welcome to everyday Lets Talk - Page 30 40683

But as long as you are happy, that is the main thingy.

Tennis was a three way Embarassed I mean that it was 3 players winner stays on singles Laughing and since I lose more than I win I get plenty of rests, so the heat wasn't too bad Razz

40 lengths (yet another affraid lol! ): PPH, if you need a swimming coach then there's one right on the WAA :)
gregrowlerson
gregrowlerson

Back to top Go down

Post  gregrowlerson Fri Feb 15, 2013 10:41 pm

Something that has been on my mind the last 4-5 months is the idea of getting a second Jack Russell. Yes, that would be very good for Bella, though it's really a selfish idea for my own happiness. I also know that this sort of decision should not be rushed, but after some months it still feels like a good idea, so today I have checked out a local shelter online, and they have a three year old boy named Ralph. Perhaps I will check him out in the next week or so, and take Bella to see him too, as they sensibly advise that you make sure that other pets will get along well with the :newbies: before adopting. It's something that I need to run past my landlord too, though I am sure he will be fine with it.

It's been an idea too to reward myself once my book is completed; maybe I'll cheat and treat myself a little early tongue
gregrowlerson
gregrowlerson

Back to top Go down

Post  Laikipia Sat Feb 16, 2013 7:43 am

Good morning everyone

I'm a bit late catching up with this thread too Rolling Eyes

Good to know your swimming is going so well PPH and Doogs. It's not something I'm into, as I can't bear the cold! Poor excuse I know Embarassed

Sounds like you've got a busy weekend Doogs, hope the footie was fun and your team won. Also sounds like your girls night out was very classy drunken

Poor you having to work GR, let's hope it's a quiet day for you and you can enjoy WAA Laughing

What a brilliant idea to get another JR and it sounds like Ralph could be perfect for you. Definitely essential to let Bellaroo and Ralph meet, and it will take time for Bella to adjust anyway having been top dog in your house. The first few weeks are always an adjustment and sometimes it doesn't work but I am sure the rescue centre will give lots of good advice.

Talking of your book ............ how is it coming along? Sounds like you must be almost finished???

Have a good day everyone - cold and frosty here this morning, but no snow cheers

Lai queen Welcome to everyday Lets Talk - Page 30 Animal38
Laikipia
Laikipia

Back to top Go down

Post  gregrowlerson Sat Feb 16, 2013 9:13 am

My excuse is merely that I cannot swim Laughing

We want to hear more about all the shenanigans on your girls night Doogsy (since you remember it lol! ), because we know that it can't have been all 'classy'; so come on, gossip girl! Very Happy

'details' Cool Razz

It was a little quiet for me at work which was nice. I spent some brief time on here tongue And now a full day off tomorrow; Yay!

I think that Bella will always be 'top dog' in my I love you I was thinking this the other day - and even saying it out loud to her Razz - that I will try to love any other dog too, but that I am not sure if I can ever love as much as Bella. Well, is it possible to love a future one as much as your first true (dog) love? I am not so sure. But I will try to be fair Very Happy

I was thinking before that what if Ralph is on my lap and Bella starts growling? Welcome to everyday Lets Talk - Page 30 40683

There isn't really room for two.

And I definitely have to get a second cage - for car trips - and lead and collar and...day bed! There's enough room in the night bed for one more Very Happy

The book! It's kinda finished...though plenty of holes to iron out in the plot Laughing There is always more stuff that can be added too (always seems to be some new idea floating my way, though that is where a potential second book for the project can come in) as well, so at present it is sort of readable, but there is still a long list of stuff to add in, and then I should probably do a number of read throughs and so forth. I have added in sharp cookies and lots of furrtastics though!

Today was warm again. I've had the aircon on most of the afternoon and now evening.

Best Wishes everyone.

GR
aka king Giraffe tongue
gregrowlerson
gregrowlerson

Back to top Go down

Post  whitestarling Sat Feb 16, 2013 5:13 pm

Your doing well Doogs, and PPH with your swimming Welcome to everyday Lets Talk - Page 30 768480 . I can swim, but I have'nt for quite a while. The reason is that although we are only 10 mins from the sea. just after the last time I went swimming there was a report that the Japanese whaleing fleet had been seen in the area What a Face
Good idea to get Bella a little pal, and very wise to see if they get on first, and how Bella reacts GR, it would also be wise to ask if they will take Ralph back if problems occur a little while after he moves in. I know LW had Nero, then she had another just after I think his name was Buck, but it did'nt work out after a while. So better to have a fall back plan.

WS
whitestarling
whitestarling
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  gregrowlerson Sun Feb 17, 2013 9:05 am

Thanks for the tips WS on Ralph if I take him on (will ask my landlord about it tomorrow, and if given the okay will probably check out this shelter after work Wednesday). I will definitely ask about whether he can be taken back if he and Bella don't get on. Obviously it would not be a good situation if they didn't and that was that. But Bella should be okay with it; might just take a bit of getting used to not being the only dog around (it won't just be her pets pad anymore Laughing ). I have been smiling though thinking of them together, and of what sort of mischief they will try to get up to during the days when I am at work Razz

Bella may have to learn to share her toys too!
gregrowlerson
gregrowlerson

Back to top Go down

Post  Laikipia Sun Feb 17, 2013 10:34 am

Good morning all - just a quickie as I need a caffe latte .....

Bellawoo sharing toys What a Face Shocked What a Face Penny always get them no matter what we do, she likes first choice. Tamu is very obliging and really doesn't mind, she is a very sweet natured Ridgie.

WOW GR and you live in Oz? I figured you'd be surfing and looking for http://i77.servimg.c (sorry had to use our new one)

Have a great Sunday everyone.

Lai
Laikipia
Laikipia

Back to top Go down

Post  gregrowlerson Sun Feb 17, 2013 11:05 am

ROFL I am too lazy (and afraid affraid ) to even surf, so if I was on the dole, surfers who are on the dole would look down on me and deride me for being lazy. "He just spends his time typing on the WAA." Oh the shame! Laughing

I reckon Bellawoo will be a sharing, caring buddy. Well, she has soooo many toys that she can't keep an eye on them all at once!

G http://i77.servimg.c R
aka king Giraffe tongue
gregrowlerson
gregrowlerson

Back to top Go down

Post  Laikipia Sun Feb 17, 2013 1:18 pm

Bellawoo and Ralph will be http://i77.servimg.c together hopefully and sharing toys happily.

Lai http://i77.servimg.c
Laikipia
Laikipia

Back to top Go down

Post  whitestarling Sun Feb 17, 2013 6:20 pm

Weather wise its been a brilliant day here in Wales just like spring. Loads sunny and warm. So Mrs S, and myself decide to go out for the day. We had heard that two of our childhood friends who we had'nt seen for years were going to be visiting the Isle of Anglesey. Although it was quite away to go we decided we really wanted to meet up with them. We could'nt believe it when we saw them, do you know they had'nt changed a bit.
Welcome to everyday Lets Talk - Page 30 00510

WS & Mrs S Welcome to everyday Lets Talk - Page 30 40683
whitestarling
whitestarling
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Laikipia Sun Feb 17, 2013 7:53 pm

Welcome to everyday Lets Talk - Page 30 71418 WS - that looks like Bill & Ben Laughing How great that you met up with some old friends, what a lovely way to spend a beautiful sunny day, and it makes a change from the Snowing we've had recently. I've not been to Anglesey although it's not too far from us really. Did you take anymore photos?

Lai
Laikipia
Laikipia

Back to top Go down

Post  whitestarling Mon Feb 18, 2013 1:40 am

Your right Lai that was Bill & Ben. Ben was on the left scratch or was it Bill confused or was it Ben scratch . You'd have thought weed know Welcome to everyday Lets Talk - Page 30 40683
Sorry no more pics to busy enjoying the beautiful spring like day. The sunny was warm and lovely
WS
whitestarling
whitestarling
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Laikipia Mon Feb 18, 2013 8:20 am

ROFL WS - you are a sharp cookie with your wit and humour.

Good for you, sometimes just enjoying the day is plenty good enough without trying to get photos! Let's hope it's the start of spring now.

Lai
Laikipia
Laikipia

Back to top Go down

Post  littlewid Mon Feb 18, 2013 8:21 pm

Hi Guy's

Sorry for the lack of posting the last few days. Been sorting the new smilies for you all and this evening I have had the electrician round to sort out lighting etc for the bathroom, so I am a tad behind this evening.

Promise, promise, promise I will do my best to catch up on it all tomorrow. Penguin cam in a huddle on this evening so I am going to sit and watch that but tomorrow I will be back with a blast......just realised we need a BOOM smilie Very Happy

Have a good evening one and all

littlewid-x-
littlewid
littlewid
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Doogs Mon Feb 18, 2013 10:01 pm

Note to oneself . . . not to leave this thread for a week 'cause there's tons of threads to catch up on if you do !!! What a Face

So we both have a love of the 'Dons' GR although the slight difference is mine is a football team and your's is Aussie Rules, correct ? Do you go and watch them ? Not good about the drug scandal No My Dandy Dons won 1-0 on Friday night, poor game but we got the 3 points and that's the main thing. All day sesh went well, 2pm to midnight Very Happy and I was ok the next day Wink

Dish the dirt on my girls night out, no chance No GR - I'm keeping silent

How totally wonderful you are thinking about getting a wee friend for Bella, that's wonderful news and well done you for using the local shelter Like a Star @ heaven I am sure the Shelter would approve WS's suggestion of taking Ralph back if things didn't work out - this is a situation that is dependent on the two dogs liking each other, sometimes it works and sometimes it doesn't but you'll never know until you try.

What you like WS re the friends you and Mrs S caught up with lol! Nice to hear you've been getting some nice weather. We had a Frosty Tongue start to today but it turned out lovely. I also drove home from work in the light for the first time this year :)

You've been a busy http://i77.servimg.c LW with sorting out all the new emoticons so no need to apologise for being a bit behind.

Doogs http://www.picgifs.c
Doogs
Doogs

Back to top Go down

Post  gregrowlerson Tue Feb 19, 2013 7:55 pm

It seems that Spring is arriving for you all which is lovely sunny cheers

Here last night was rather coolish. It got down to 15 degrees which is the coolest it's been for a while. It was nice though, and also meant more snuggling with Bellawoo I love you

I have not heard of Bill and Ben Embarassed But are they gardeners (weed joke Laughing )?

Yep Doogsy, 'my' Dons are Aussie Rules, but I don't care much for that stuff nowadays. I got to about one game a year, though still watch from time to time on the telly. My family are obsessed with the game though, so I'm always kept updated Razz

2-12 is a good innings. You sure would drink me under the table lol!

We could maybe have a 'confidential' smiley too; so I could relate it to Doogsy and her girls talk Very Happy

It has been a busy week or so for me, but I might be able to check out a shelter tonight. Landlord has given the okay and when I checked the website yesterday Ralphy was still on it, so may just give them a sneaky call during work today and see if he is still available!

I suppose that I really don't know how Bella will react to it; I just can't see her as anything but a princess so don't see any issues Razz But my parents do joke that she is the most pampered pooch in the world, so it might not be that easy for her if she is not the only one getting attention.

The second main thing after having the doggies get along will be to get Ralphy toilet trained!

G http://i77.servimg.c http://i70.servimg.c R

p.s. Sorry no long sign offs this morning. Need to catch up on posts http://www.picgifs.c
gregrowlerson
gregrowlerson

Back to top Go down

Post  whitestarling Wed Feb 20, 2013 12:13 am

Down to 15 Deg affraid GR you No know your born. Highest today in the UK in our lovely warm spring was 12 Deg. Tomorrow its going to be 6 Deg, and Thursday 3 or 4 Deg. Now thats cool Welcome to everyday Lets Talk - Page 30 40683
Meet Bill & Ben, and Little Weed

WS
whitestarling
whitestarling
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  gregrowlerson Wed Feb 20, 2013 2:39 am

My video is not running well, but shall try later WS. I have heard of them now that the vid mentions them as the flowerpot men flower Very Happy

I checked out Ralphy online again today, but was disappointed to see that he was now 'temporarily unavailable'. I actually felt a tinge of sadness; as if I had missed out on him, and this is good! But anyhoo, I gave them a call to ask about this as well as general procedures for adoption, and the woman said that he was probably just off getting de-sexed and so should be back tomorrow, yaaaay! Also, there is no trial period, but they encourage you to bring your own pet and see how they play together at the shelter in the play pen. After that it is just up to you to make a decision on adoption or not. So maybe I will go there tomorrow, though I still need to get extra stuff for a second dog, and I am meant to be having dinner at my folkies tomorrow night; I kinda want to surprise them, plus also not have them try to talk me out of it Laughing

Even though I would probably just do my own thing anyhoo. As is my want tongue

It is warm and sunny again here today. Hope all WAA freaks are doing well Very Happy
gregrowlerson
gregrowlerson

Back to top Go down

Post  Laikipia Wed Feb 20, 2013 8:38 am

You the man WS for finding that clip. I did laugh watching it, it really took me back to my youth, absolutely brilliant!

Good idea to check out Ralph and the shelter GR - don't rush into it, let Bellaroo meet him and if they don't get on you can always wait for another.

I am sure no one will talk you out of an adoption GR Laughing

Lai
Laikipia
Laikipia

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 30 of 40 Previous  1 ... 16 ... 29, 30, 31 ... 35 ... 40  Next