Wild About Animals
New members come, and say Hello
Plant a seed and watch it grow
Old Members why not share your news
We have loads more for you to choose
Guests your welcome to have a look
but why not sign up and then get hooked!
To All its a pleasure to have you with us

Note: New Members are expected to post within one Month of joining, and post on a fairly regular basis.

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

Wild About Animals
New members come, and say Hello
Plant a seed and watch it grow
Old Members why not share your news
We have loads more for you to choose
Guests your welcome to have a look
but why not sign up and then get hooked!
To All its a pleasure to have you with us

Note: New Members are expected to post within one Month of joining, and post on a fairly regular basis.
Wild About Animals
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Mrs S's, Lai's & Littlewid's Pea Off

5 posters

Page 6 of 10 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10  Next

Go down

Mrs S's, Lai's & Littlewid's Pea Off - Page 6 Empty Re: Mrs S's, Lai's & Littlewid's Pea Off

Post  Doogs Fri Aug 17, 2012 2:00 pm

Hope the Rain has stayed away and you got your 'peas picked' at lunchtime Lai flower
Doogs
Doogs

Back to top Go down

Mrs S's, Lai's & Littlewid's Pea Off - Page 6 Empty Re: Mrs S's, Lai's & Littlewid's Pea Off

Post  Laikipia Fri Aug 17, 2012 2:05 pm

Embarassed Distracted by gales and rain Doogs. But will get out there soon ..... flower

Lai
Laikipia
Laikipia

Back to top Go down

Post  whitestarling Fri Aug 17, 2012 6:38 pm

No Lai they've been over again another of couple times today Mad . I think we are going to have to cut the top two feet off them, to stop it happening, the top part has really drooped right over now. It will be a shame, but I think we're going to have to do it to save the rest
WS

Last edited by whitestarling on Fri Aug 17, 2012 10:52 pm; edited 1 time in total
whitestarling
whitestarling
Admin

https://wildaboutanimals.forumotion.net

Back to top Go down

Post  Laikipia Fri Aug 17, 2012 6:42 pm

What a Face WS - what a shame, that's a big DIS-ARST-ER. I am sure you'll be able to save those S.PEAS somehow.

I never got to pick any today, it rained and then some more. Tomorrows another day.

Lai Wink
Laikipia
Laikipia

Back to top Go down

Post  littlewid Sat Aug 18, 2012 2:15 pm

How are the PEAS doing today Lai and WS, hope yours are doing ok now WS after toppling over, did you cut the top two foot off them? and have you picked any today Lai after the awful weather you had yesterday?

Mine are looking rather frazzled, I watered them last night but it has been so hot and today it is in the 30's, I have just watered them again but I am not sure they are going to survive, they have had such extrems thrown at them that I think we my now be at the end but I will see how they go over the weekend.

littlewid-x-
littlewid
littlewid
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Laikipia Sat Aug 18, 2012 2:25 pm

HOT - no? I cant believe the north south divide Rolling Eyes it's pleasant here but not hot!

I picked a small bunch this morning and they smell wonderful, but as for picking two bunches, no way - my S.PEAS are the worst ever this year. Mustn't complain at least we've got some.

Fingers crossed yours survive the english weather extremes Littlewid - I am sure they are trying to.

Lai
Laikipia
Laikipia

Back to top Go down

Post  whitestarling Sun Aug 19, 2012 12:35 am

Whats all this HOT STUFF Mad none here either, cloudy all morning, finaly brightened up a bit around 1-00pm, but still with a breeze. Mrs S cut the flowers from the top 2 ft, but we've left the stems for the time being to see how it goes
WS
whitestarling
whitestarling
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  littlewid Sun Aug 19, 2012 12:36 pm

Sorry you two aren't getting the HOT stuff but then again it is so hot you my not want it and it's not that good for the S PEAS either.
Glad you managed one bunch of PEAS Lai, I wonder if it is the weather conditions that has made for not a very good year this year? I am deffo going to grow them again next year but in a much deeper pot.
How are yours today WS now the flowers have come off the top? I hope they are ok, it would be a shame to have to chop the tops off.

littlewid-x-
littlewid
littlewid
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  whitestarling Sun Aug 19, 2012 9:57 pm

There not really brilliant, we will try giving them another feed tomorrow, and I think your right the weather's not been the best for S Peas this year
WS
whitestarling
whitestarling
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  littlewid Sun Aug 19, 2012 10:04 pm

I fed mine the other day WS and as usual I have watered them this evening but I have a feeling this will be the last week for them which is a real shame but I think with all the weather we have all had we have been lucky to have had the PEAS we have I suppose but lets hope all our S PEAS survive longer than we think they will flower

littlewid-x-
littlewid
littlewid
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  littlewid Wed Aug 22, 2012 10:51 pm

Well it's S PEA day today but no pics from me, my PEAS re coming to an end I think, they are looking very sorry for themselves, I have fed them today and they do still have a few flowers on them and a few buds but they are not very picturesque at all. I think I am now really waiting for the bean things to go a little brown and then I can pick them off and dry them to get the seeds out......all ready for next year. If they pick up a little over the rest of the week or weekend I will post a pic but it is doubtful.
How are your Lai and Mrs S?

littlewid-x-
littlewid
littlewid
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  whitestarling Wed Aug 22, 2012 11:00 pm

Ours are still going, but as I said before the top couple of foot have drooped over, and I cant get them back up. They've had a feed as well this week
Mrs S's, Lai's & Littlewid's Pea Off - Page 6 02610

Mrs S's, Lai's & Littlewid's Pea Off - Page 6 02710

Mrs S's, Lai's & Littlewid's Pea Off - Page 6 02810

WS
whitestarling
whitestarling
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  littlewid Wed Aug 22, 2012 11:05 pm

Those are still looking really good WS, Mrs S and you must be really please with them even though the top had drooped you would never know. Mine would be too embarrassed to get their pic on here at the moment, they are spindly and look bad at the moment and the sun and wind from today has really dried them again, so it was good to see some healthy PEAS cheers

littlewid-x-
littlewid
littlewid
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Doogs Thu Aug 23, 2012 1:26 pm

More lovely photos of your PEAS looking good WS Cool

That's a shame LW yours have come to end . . . . . for this year
Doogs
Doogs

Back to top Go down

Post  littlewid Thu Aug 23, 2012 4:17 pm

Yep today they surely do look as though they have come to an end but I have really enjoyed growing them and watching them flower but they have had a lot of weather to contend with so they didn't do too bad really. Now it's just wiat for the pods to turn so I can gather the seeds.

littlewid-x-
littlewid
littlewid
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Laikipia Fri Aug 24, 2012 1:44 pm

cheers WS - Mrs S's S.PEAS are still looking good. Shame about yours Littlewid, it's really been a bad summer for them. I went and picked a pitiful bunch this morning but am determined to keep them going for a bit, they still smell wonderful but we are almost at the end I think.

Lai
Laikipia
Laikipia

Back to top Go down

Post  littlewid Fri Aug 24, 2012 5:04 pm

Sounds like mine will be the first to finish, I still have a few flowers left but not much to speak about. I hope both of yours last a little longer and I wonder how we will all fir next year flower

littlewid-x-
littlewid
littlewid
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  littlewid Sun Sep 02, 2012 4:35 pm

Well to my surprise, my PEAS have had another burst of life flower I couldn't believe they were flowering again, they are not brilliant butthey are still going fairly strong.
Mrs S's, Lai's & Littlewid's Pea Off - Page 6 Kian_230

Mrs S's, Lai's & Littlewid's Pea Off - Page 6 Kian_231
littlewid-x-
littlewid
littlewid
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Laikipia Sun Sep 02, 2012 4:54 pm

Lovely Littlewid and that last photo is beautiful, such a delicate colour, really stunning, must have been taken with your new camera cheers

We've still got some S.PEAS but I refused to cut any today, the greenfly are everywhere! affraid

Lai
Laikipia
Laikipia

Back to top Go down

Post  whitestarling Sun Sep 02, 2012 6:43 pm

Ours have blown over another 4 times this week although we are still getting flowers on them, but not as good as before. Lai my Mum used to spray our Roses with a mixture of Soapy water to get rid of green fly might be worth a try.
WS
whitestarling
whitestarling
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Laikipia Sun Sep 02, 2012 7:58 pm

Thanks WS worth a go for sure - I was hoping the ladybirds would get them but they've taken over completely!

Lai
Laikipia
Laikipia

Back to top Go down

Post  whitestarling Wed Sep 12, 2012 5:41 pm

Ours are still going Guys, no sign of seed pods yet
Mrs S's, Lai's & Littlewid's Pea Off - Page 6 00114

WS
whitestarling
whitestarling
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Doogs Wed Sep 12, 2012 7:49 pm

Mrs S's, Lai's & Littlewid's Pea Off - Page 6 768480 Someones got the magic touch Mrs S's, Lai's & Littlewid's Pea Off - Page 6 768480
Doogs
Doogs

Back to top Go down

Post  littlewid Wed Sep 12, 2012 8:25 pm

Thats lovely yours are still going WS flower mine have now really finished and I have lots of pods that I am waiting to go brown and then take off and dry out and get the seeds for next year.
I have loved growing them and seeing how all our PEAS have done, it's been a lot of fun nd hopefully we cann do it again next year.....maybe with a few more PEAERS Very Happy

littlewid-x-
littlewid
littlewid
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  whitestarling Thu Sep 20, 2012 10:14 am

They may have been late starters, but the SP's are still going
Mrs S's, Lai's & Littlewid's Pea Off - Page 6 00116

WS
whitestarling
whitestarling
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 6 of 10 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10  Next