Wild About Animals
New members come, and say Hello
Plant a seed and watch it grow
Old Members why not share your news
We have loads more for you to choose
Guests your welcome to have a look
but why not sign up and then get hooked!
To All its a pleasure to have you with us

Note: New Members are expected to post within one Month of joining, and post on a fairly regular basis.

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

Wild About Animals
New members come, and say Hello
Plant a seed and watch it grow
Old Members why not share your news
We have loads more for you to choose
Guests your welcome to have a look
but why not sign up and then get hooked!
To All its a pleasure to have you with us

Note: New Members are expected to post within one Month of joining, and post on a fairly regular basis.
Wild About Animals
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Mrs S's, Lai's & Littlewid's Pea Off

5 posters

Page 4 of 10 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10  Next

Go down

Mrs S's, Lai's & Littlewid's Pea Off - Page 4 Empty Re: Mrs S's, Lai's & Littlewid's Pea Off

Post  whitestarling Tue Jul 24, 2012 11:13 pm

Crying or Very sad We still dont have any buds, and they blew over 3 times yesterday in the wind What a Face I've had to move them, so the pot is resting against another one to stop them going over, and now they are not in the best place to catch the sun, not that we are getting much. We are in that cloudy bit on the left hand side of the weather halfway up Mad
WS
whitestarling
whitestarling
Admin

https://wildaboutanimals.forumotion.net

Back to top Go down

Mrs S's, Lai's & Littlewid's Pea Off - Page 4 Empty Re: Mrs S's, Lai's & Littlewid's Pea Off

Post  Laikipia Wed Jul 25, 2012 1:20 pm

Got back last night and didnt have time to check the S.PEAS too busy feeding the birds Very Happy

Will go and check our pitiful peas later.

Lai
Laikipia
Laikipia

Back to top Go down

Post  littlewid Wed Jul 25, 2012 5:10 pm

Well if it's any consolation Mrs S ( & WS) and Lai, my PEAS are looking very pityful too. After all the bashing with the wind and rain we have gone to the extreme with the temp in the 30's and boy it is hitting the PEAS really hard. I have been watering them but not over watering them and I have also fed them but when I got in from work a little while ago, they look really sorry for themselves, they were as dry as a bone and looking very shriveled What a Face so a water and a feed it was and I am hoping they pick up but for the moment they look like they are giving up the ghost.
I do have loads of buds and yes they needed the sun but they didn't need cooking which is what is happening to them.
I have taken a few pics but they really are dismal and even my camera can't make them look better than they are. Fingers crossed on the next lot of pics they will have improved and not look as though they are on their last legs......or stems Very Happy
Some of the Buds but the pic ain't good.
Mrs S's, Lai's & Littlewid's Pea Off - Page 4 Kian_141
They are now nearly at the top of the basket so had to do a long ways shot but even this can't make them look glorious Sad
Mrs S's, Lai's & Littlewid's Pea Off - Page 4 Kian_142
It's not a good week for the PEAS No No No
littlewid-x-
littlewid
littlewid
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Laikipia Wed Jul 25, 2012 6:05 pm

affraid oh no Littlewid, I've pityful PEAS and you have dismal PEAS - such a shame, yours look like they had a serious scorching but hopefully with a good watering they'll pick up and start to open.

Pic 2 they look okay - lots of growth cheers

Photos to follow of our Pityful S.PEAS.

Lai
Laikipia
Laikipia

Back to top Go down

Post  whitestarling Wed Jul 25, 2012 6:28 pm

Well considering ours have blown over 4 times in all upto now, ours are looking quite healthy, apart from the fact there are NO BUDS or FLOWERS Mad although Mrs S thinks there are buds starting to form at the top
Mrs S's, Lai's & Littlewid's Pea Off - Page 4 00116

Mrs S's, Lai's & Littlewid's Pea Off - Page 4 00216

Mrs S says yours do look as though they have shot up like ours, and I'm sure they'll come back with plenty of water.
Just in case your both wondering what I look like now I've had my teeth out, I got Mrs S to take the pics, and thats me waving from the Tub on the right just above the solar light Mrs S's, Lai's & Littlewid's Pea Off - Page 4 40683
WS
whitestarling
whitestarling
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  littlewid Wed Jul 25, 2012 7:35 pm

Bless you WS but that had me Mrs S's, Lai's & Littlewid's Pea Off - Page 4 40683 Mrs S's, Lai's & Littlewid's Pea Off - Page 4 40683 Mrs S's, Lai's & Littlewid's Pea Off - Page 4 40683 so much I'm now not going to be able to get that handsome frog out of my mind Frog

Mrs S's PEAS have really grown, they are massive and they do look much better than mine and she is right you can see buds forming at the top, they looked just like mine did before they budded properly.

Glad Mrs S thinks mine will pick up, they do look a little better since first thing this evening, so hopefully next week they will be lovely again, I must say though I am impressed as to how much yours have grown.

littlewid-x-
littlewid
littlewid
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Laikipia Wed Jul 25, 2012 7:53 pm

ROFL WS - that made me chuckle.

WOW Mrs S - they are a definite peastalk, reaching up to the sky and they really look like they are going to have zillions of flowers, unless those were more leaves coming through scratch

Our S.PEAS this evening Mrs S's, Lai's & Littlewid's Pea Off - Page 4 2012-018

Mrs S's, Lai's & Littlewid's Pea Off - Page 4 2012-019 no more hectic pink and no red yet.

Lai
Laikipia
Laikipia

Back to top Go down

Post  whitestarling Wed Jul 25, 2012 10:45 pm

Mrs S's, Lai's & Littlewid's Pea Off - Page 4 213
whitestarling
whitestarling
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  littlewid Wed Jul 25, 2012 10:59 pm

Always new you were hiding your light under a Bushel WS......or is it under a pea stalk Very Happy

O Princess, Princess, wherefore art thou princess.......you may need to shout LOUDER WS Mrs S's, Lai's & Littlewid's Pea Off - Page 4 40683 Mrs S's, Lai's & Littlewid's Pea Off - Page 4 40683

Cracking Peas there Lai, they are doing really well and they look so pretty.....hopefully mine will be like that one day and I dont think they look pityful at all flower

littlewid-x-
littlewid
littlewid
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  littlewid Tue Jul 31, 2012 10:09 pm

Well I am posting my PEAS a day early cos I can't wait to show I have some flowers, not as many as yours Lai but at long last pretty flowers have arrived. I must say though that my PEAS are not doing very well and they are looking pretty sad. I am watering them and feeding them but the wind and sun has really affected them but I am not giving up on them, I am still proud of them....and tell them so......in the hope they keep flowering.
So here are my flowering PEAS cheers
Mrs S's, Lai's & Littlewid's Pea Off - Page 4 Img-2079

Mrs S's, Lai's & Littlewid's Pea Off - Page 4 Img-2080

Mrs S's, Lai's & Littlewid's Pea Off - Page 4 Img-2081

Mrs S's, Lai's & Littlewid's Pea Off - Page 4 Img-2082

How are Mrs S's doing WS and yours Lai?
littlewid-x-
littlewid
littlewid
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Laikipia Wed Aug 01, 2012 9:06 am

Mrs S's, Lai's & Littlewid's Pea Off - Page 4 71418 Mrs S's, Lai's & Littlewid's Pea Off - Page 4 853843 Mrs S's, Lai's & Littlewid's Pea Off - Page 4 71418 Mrs S's, Lai's & Littlewid's Pea Off - Page 4 853843 Mrs S's, Lai's & Littlewid's Pea Off - Page 4 71418 Mrs S's, Lai's & Littlewid's Pea Off - Page 4 853843

Littlewid those are beautiful S.PEAS you should be proud of them, such lovely delicate colours and flowers. Considering the awful weather, wind, rain and hardly any sun I am so impressed. They obviously appreciate all the care and attention and of course the albino albino

Fantastic cheers Very Happy

Lai

Ps ours are wet, and soggy today - it rained and rained and rained yesterday.
Laikipia
Laikipia

Back to top Go down

Post  littlewid Wed Aug 01, 2012 5:54 pm

Thanks Lai, I am really chuffed that they have flowered after all the awful weather they have had to cope with and I love the colours of the flowers to and I also have loads of buds, so fingers crossed they flower as well. They have had a nice feed today so that should help them a long a bit.

littlewid-x-
littlewid
littlewid
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  whitestarling Wed Aug 01, 2012 10:39 pm

Sadly still no flowers Rolling Eyes but loads, and loads of buds, if we ever get enough sun for them to come out. They blew over twice again today, but they are still reaching for the sky
Mrs S's, Lai's & Littlewid's Pea Off - Page 4 00217

Mrs S's, Lai's & Littlewid's Pea Off - Page 4 00314

WS
whitestarling
whitestarling
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  littlewid Thu Aug 02, 2012 6:03 am

They certainly are reaching for the sky WS Very Happy they are pretty enourmous aren't they and I am sure it wont be long before they flower and you do have a lot of buds. Mine were the same, lots of buds and no flowers but it only takes a bit of sun and then the flowers come, so i am sure it wont be long before Mrs S's PEAS are blooming flower

littlewid-x-
littlewid
littlewid
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Laikipia Thu Aug 02, 2012 7:10 am

WOW Mrs S - once those S.PEAS starting flowering they will be superb. I'm keeping silent on how many days Laughing but it can't be long now.

Lai
Laikipia
Laikipia

Back to top Go down

Post  whitestarling Fri Aug 03, 2012 6:32 pm

Mrs S's, Lai's & Littlewid's Pea Off - Page 4 768480 Mrs S's, Lai's & Littlewid's Pea Off - Page 4 71418 Mrs S's, Lai's & Littlewid's Pea Off - Page 4 768480
We have flowers at last, we came home from work today, and there they were. One Purple, one Pink coming out, and a Peach one in full bloom. By the look of it the Peach was first out Mrs S's, Lai's & Littlewid's Pea Off - Page 4 853843 Mrs S's, Lai's & Littlewid's Pea Off - Page 4 853843 .
Mrs S's, Lai's & Littlewid's Pea Off - Page 4 00310

Mrs S's, Lai's & Littlewid's Pea Off - Page 4 00510

Mrs S's, Lai's & Littlewid's Pea Off - Page 4 00610

We were forcast to have heavy rain all day today, but we have'nt had any so far. This could be the start of something big, just hope the wind stays away
WS
Ps Sorry LW we forgot to say Mrs S's, Lai's & Littlewid's Pea Off - Page 4 305898 on your flowers coming out, after all the hard work you put in. It's great that they have finaly bloomed. Well done
whitestarling
whitestarling
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  littlewid Sat Aug 04, 2012 3:51 pm

Mrs S's, Lai's & Littlewid's Pea Off - Page 4 71418 Mrs S's, Lai's & Littlewid's Pea Off - Page 4 768480 Mrs S's, Lai's & Littlewid's Pea Off - Page 4 71418 Fantastic Mrs S, they are looking lovely and I really like the Peachy coloured. It is just so exciting when they eventually flower isn't it and now they have started they will really bloom, thats what mine did. I don't have a Peachy one but I do have a yellow one starting to bloom. Heres the latest pic of mine with a few more flowers on a I bet your next pic will be like this or better Mrs S Mrs S's, Lai's & Littlewid's Pea Off - Page 4 768480
Mrs S's, Lai's & Littlewid's Pea Off - Page 4 Img-2010
littlewid-x-
littlewid
littlewid
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  whitestarling Sat Aug 04, 2012 5:54 pm

WOW LW they really have blossomed out they look fantastic now, and it looks like more to come Mrs S's, Lai's & Littlewid's Pea Off - Page 4 853843 Mrs S's, Lai's & Littlewid's Pea Off - Page 4 853843 . We have a yellow one starting to come out as well, and one or two more flowers on today. Mrs S says she cant wait to cut, and put some in a vase they smell gorgeous
WS
whitestarling
whitestarling
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  littlewid Sat Aug 04, 2012 10:59 pm

Thanks WS, they have ended up a bit spindly but I am proud of them. I think I need to put some of mine in a vase to encourage more flowers but I have just been so excited to see them flowering I have left them but you do need to take them off to keep the flowers coming don't you.As you have a yellow one I am now going to be looking out for a peachy one.....I hope I do have one as your colour looks really nice.

Wonder how Lai's have been doing whilst she has been away?

littlewid-x-
littlewid
littlewid
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Laikipia Mon Aug 06, 2012 10:52 am

WOW WS and Littlewid - you've both got beautiful looking S.PEAS now - worth all that waiting for. I love the different colours. I've never had peach or yellow, but plenty of lilac at the moment.

Ours are looking good now, I cut a couple of vases full yesterday, the scent is so beautiful.

I bet you can't wait to cut some Littlewid and Mrs S - they definitely benefit from cutting.

Lai
Laikipia
Laikipia

Back to top Go down

Post  littlewid Mon Aug 06, 2012 7:19 pm

I cut a few yesterday Lai to hopefully bring on more flowers, I didn't cut them all, just a little bunch and they did smell gorgeous.
I gave my first cut to my neighbours who gave me the plant, just a little thank you and they were really pleased, the next cut I will keep for myself.

It's been really windy here today and it's getting very black now and I think we are in for a right downpour, so another bashing for them to survive What a Face

littlewid-x-
littlewid
littlewid
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Doogs Mon Aug 06, 2012 8:12 pm

Well done to you both for the beautiful Sweet Pea flowers flower as confirmed by the photos, they are lovely Thanks

Fingers crossed LW they survive the downpour if you get one affraid
Doogs
Doogs

Back to top Go down

Post  whitestarling Wed Aug 08, 2012 1:20 pm

Sweet Pea pic day is here again Mrs S's, Lai's & Littlewid's Pea Off - Page 4 853843 Mrs S's, Lai's & Littlewid's Pea Off - Page 4 853843
Mrs S's, Lai's & Littlewid's Pea Off - Page 4 00110

Mrs S's, Lai's & Littlewid's Pea Off - Page 4 00210

Mrs S's, Lai's & Littlewid's Pea Off - Page 4 00311
Our first cut ones, the scent is gorgeous
Mrs S's, Lai's & Littlewid's Pea Off - Page 4 00511
Just thought I'd throw an extra Pea Pic in
Our Peacock Tomatoes
Mrs S's, Lai's & Littlewid's Pea Off - Page 4 00410

WS Mrs S's, Lai's & Littlewid's Pea Off - Page 4 40683
whitestarling
whitestarling
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Laikipia Wed Aug 08, 2012 2:09 pm

Blooming marvellous WS and Mrs S - some lovely S.PEAS and beautiful colours. The scent really is fabulous a real summer smell flower

ROFL Peacock toms ROFL

Lai
Laikipia
Laikipia

Back to top Go down

Post  littlewid Wed Aug 08, 2012 6:14 pm

flower flower flower They really have been blooming haven't they WS, I bet Mrs S is really proud of those and I bet your living room smells really gorgeous. Loving the frogs in their racing car......reminds me of Wallace and Gromit Very Happy
I want to grow PEAcock toms Mrs S's, Lai's & Littlewid's Pea Off - Page 4 40683 Mrs S's, Lai's & Littlewid's Pea Off - Page 4 40683

Just taken some pics of mine, they are flowering well and have just been rained on.
Mrs S's, Lai's & Littlewid's Pea Off - Page 4 Img-2011

Mrs S's, Lai's & Littlewid's Pea Off - Page 4 Img-2012

How are yours doing Lai?
littlewid-x-
littlewid
littlewid
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 4 of 10 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10  Next