Wild About Animals
New members come, and say Hello
Plant a seed and watch it grow
Old Members why not share your news
We have loads more for you to choose
Guests your welcome to have a look
but why not sign up and then get hooked!
To All its a pleasure to have you with us

Note: New Members are expected to post within one Month of joining, and post on a fairly regular basis.

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

Wild About Animals
New members come, and say Hello
Plant a seed and watch it grow
Old Members why not share your news
We have loads more for you to choose
Guests your welcome to have a look
but why not sign up and then get hooked!
To All its a pleasure to have you with us

Note: New Members are expected to post within one Month of joining, and post on a fairly regular basis.
Wild About Animals
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Welcome to everyday Lets Talk

+5
whitestarling
princesspurplehippy
littlewid
Doogs
Laikipia
9 posters

Page 10 of 40 Previous  1 ... 6 ... 9, 10, 11 ... 25 ... 40  Next

Go down

Welcome to everyday Lets Talk - Page 10 Empty Re: Welcome to everyday Lets Talk

Post  Laikipia Wed Aug 08, 2012 9:12 am

affraid Littlewid - what a time you had. If you don't like creepy crawlies ants must be a bit of a nightmare, how lucky Kian came to the rescue twice, he deserves a big Like a Star @ heaven for that. Poor Nero and well done for another rescue, you must have been quite exhausted after all that - definitely a day to remember What a Face It sounds like Sunday was a far better day and lots of fun.

I hope you've got some nice things to look forward to for the next two weeks, and that the sunny everyday. We'll look forward to lots of photos Very Happy

Sounds like a fun festival PPH Welcome to everyday Lets Talk - Page 10 853843

Lai
Laikipia
Laikipia

Back to top Go down

Post  littlewid Wed Aug 08, 2012 6:41 pm

Saturday sounded a bit of a disaster Lai and WS but it was quite funny and Lra and Kian found it all very amusing really and Kian was a real little Gentleman coming to the rescue of two nutty girls, he loved telling everyone how he rescued us Very Happy and Nero is definiately fine and unhurt, I think he just felt a little silly but no damage done and yes Sunday was fun, both Lara and Kian love horses and will ride at every opportunity and they have no fear of horses, they both love the big ones which is fine for Lara as she is tall for her age, she is the same height as me all bar about 2 inches but Kian is a little dot but he mans up and rides the big boys as well, they would ride every week if they could.

The festival sounds really good PPH, look forward to hearing how it all went.

We have a nice sunny evening after some rain, s fingers crossed it stays dry now.

Have a good evening one and all.

littlewid-x-

littlewid
littlewid
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Laikipia Fri Aug 10, 2012 12:34 pm

Good morning everyone

Have a great weekend, enjoy the sunshine and the rest of the olympics. Pete is off to walk the west highland way today (I mean over a week) and I m going to London for the weekend to stay with my friend Ali to practice more photography at WWT London.

Catch up on Sunday - have a fun time everyone Welcome to everyday Lets Talk - Page 10 71418

Lai Group Hug
Laikipia
Laikipia

Back to top Go down

Post  princesspurplehippy Fri Aug 10, 2012 8:22 pm

The festival is going great, last night Squeeze topped the bill. They were brilliant and played all their old stuff and the songs sounded just as good as they did nearly 30yrs ago

I will admit I wimped out this afternoon, temps of 26 C and despite me taking all precautions of wearing a sun hat, using a brolly as a parasol, wearing factor 50 and drinking lots of water, I felt really sick and got a headache. One of the advantages of the festival being only 5 miles away is that I can get the bus back. So thats what I did and had a much deserving sleep

I did have some good news today. for the last 6 months my blood pressure has been high, about 135/90ish, from my normal 114-117/80ish. I endured 'lectures' from the nurses and get myself a bit stressed over it all. Today I went to have my blood pressure checked and it came up as 136/93 and I prepared myself for a lecture. but the nurse said "that can't be right, let me try a different kind of cuff" so she put on a different cuff and my blood pressure measured my normal 114/81. So it looks like the last 6 months of 'high' blood pressure was not caused by any medical condition but by them using the wrong kind of cuff and not realising
princesspurplehippy
princesspurplehippy

Back to top Go down

Post  Doogs Tue Aug 14, 2012 2:08 pm

Falling behind again on this thread Embarassed which is sometimes lethal as there are so many posts to catch up with Welcome to everyday Lets Talk - Page 10 615959

Shame you didn't have your camera to capture the Pygmy Shrew Lai, must have been so cute I love you Amazing that you even spotted it, 'good eyes' as Vincent says to us in the Mara if we spot something before him ! Wink

How was your weekend in London ? How did the photography practice go ? Have you heard how Pete is getting on ? Hope he's singing the Proclaimers as he goes along . . . . "and I would walk 500 miles . . . . . " Welcome to everyday Lets Talk - Page 10 40683

Ooooh sorry LW but I had a right good chuckle at your ant escapades !! Laughing Bet it wasn't funny for you at the time but I'm sure you've had a good giggle about it since lol! Well done that brave little man Kian for coming to the girls rescue, what a Like a Star @ heaven he is. Glad to hear that Nero is also fine :)

How was the rest of the Festival PPH ? Did you get good weather ?

I had a busyish weekend, BBQ on Friday, Saturday dad and I went for a few beers drunken before heading to the first home footie game of the season (0-0 draw Crying or Very sad) then Sunday I was up at my sisters for tea. Dad and I off to the footie again tonight, Testimonial Game in which we are playing Manchester United so that should be good - first full house at Pittodrie for a long long time Razz

LW I think I'm right in saying you're off to Monkey World Monkey tomorrow - have a brilliant time and remember . . . lots of photos please cheers

Lynn
Doogs
Doogs

Back to top Go down

Post  littlewid Tue Aug 14, 2012 3:49 pm

Good Afternoon Everyone Very Happy

Embarassed Sorry Lai, yes how did your weekend in London go? I hope you had a nice time and got lots of practice with your camera. What did you think of the London WWT? it's not one I have been to but would love to go and visit. Any pics from the day? Hope Pete is having a good walk, rather him than me on that long one.

Sounds like it was a busy weekend for you Doogs and I am hoping your team win against Man U bounce ........that will get WS going Welcome to everyday Lets Talk - Page 10 40683

Hows everyone else doing? Hope your all enjoying the sunshine we have been having and any more news on the festival PPH.

Yes your right Doogs, we are off to Monkey World tomorrow, all I am praying for is that it doesn't rain, we have rain macs just incase and I brought Lara and Kian a mac in a bag today just incase. They are both so excited, for them it's been a long time coming. We are up at silly O'Clock tomorrow and leaving here at 7.30, a fairly long coach journey so have got the kids, food, sweets, drinks, comics and puzzle books for the coach, hopefully that will stop the "Are we there Yets" on the journey Welcome to everyday Lets Talk - Page 10 40683
Don't worry Doogs, I have my camera fully charged and hope to get lots of piccies tomorrow. Since my last visit they now have a Bronnze statue of Jim Cronin holding his favourite chimp Charlie, apparantly it is lovely so I will be getting a photo of that.

I have just bathed Nero as he is off to my sisters for the morning and then round to his girlfriends Poppy for the afternoon and the evening, so I thought he had better go looking dapper and smelling handsome Scottie

Early to bed for me tonight......can't be oversleeping in the morning.

Have a good evening everyone and a good day tomorrow.

littlewid-x-
littlewid
littlewid
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Laikipia Tue Aug 14, 2012 6:33 pm

Have a brilliant time Littlewid, and lots of photos please. Fingers crossed for sunshine and a good journey.

WWT London was wonderful, we were there for hours taking photos cheers a good practice day for us.

Hope Nero has a fun day too,

Lai
Laikipia
Laikipia

Back to top Go down

Post  whitestarling Tue Aug 14, 2012 11:07 pm

I did'nt realise you were back in London for the weekend Lai, glad you had a good time. Wow thats some walk for Pete, my feet are aching at the thought of it Welcome to everyday Lets Talk - Page 10 40683 .
I'd have given that nurse a cuff round the lug hole PPH, glad your blood pressure's OK.
Sounds like your Dads a man after my own heart Doogs drunken drunken Welcome to everyday Lets Talk - Page 10 40683 I did'nt realise the Dons were playing us have'nt seen the result, so you'll have to give me a match report.
I'm going to have to get you a big wooden spoon LW. You should have been diplomatic and said come on the reds. Hope you have a good day at Monky World with Lara, and Kian, but the forcasts not good, and I'm not looking forward to our weather here tomorrow. 50 mph gales, and heavy rain. I've decided to get up early in the morning, hopefully before it arrives, and lay the Sweet Peas down before they get blown over again.
WS
whitestarling
whitestarling
Admin

https://wildaboutanimals.forumotion.net

Back to top Go down

Post  Doogs Wed Aug 15, 2012 9:35 pm

Evening all cheers

Well WS the mighty Dons beat Manchester United 2-1 last night !!! affraid It was a Testimonial game so very low key football wise but it was great to get a full house and see the likes of Giggs, Scholes, Ferdinand, Mached, Anderson etc etc. What was really good was seeing Darren Fletcher (who is battling ulcerative colitis - a chronic bowel condition) returning to action after 9 months, I had a lump in my throat at the reception the Aberdeen fans gave him, it was lovely.

Wise decision to lay the Sweet Peas down if there is bad winds forecast, better safe than sorry Wink

Hope you've had a good day at Monkey World LW, can't wait ot hear all about it Welcome to everyday Lets Talk - Page 10 853843 Bet Nero is looking incredibly handsome now he's had his bath, I'm sure Poppy will be impressed I love you

Sounds like you had a good weekend in London Lai, any photos to share with us ? Pete will be well on with his walk now cheers

Doogs Group Hug
Doogs
Doogs

Back to top Go down

Post  whitestarling Wed Aug 15, 2012 10:29 pm

My friend told me the result this afternoon, so well done to the Dons, and I bet it was nice to have a full house, it makes for a much better atmosphere. Did'nt know Fletcher was back he's had a really bad time, I hope he makes it back to his best, and I'm sure he will, he never gives up. Put the Peas back up this afternoon, after the worse had past, they look a bit bedraggled, but they should be alright. Hope the weather was'nt to bad for you LW, and Lara, and Kian had loads of fun
WS
whitestarling
whitestarling
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Laikipia Thu Aug 16, 2012 9:47 am

Morning all

Well that weather came over the hills WS. Talk about torrential rain, I was driving back from having my hair cut and couldn't see a thing!

Hope you had a great day Littlewid and didn't get wet. Lots of fun anyway I imagine and hopefully some photos?

Good news re the footie Doogs. I'm not really into footie, although if pushed I am a Man U supporter. What an amazing story that Darren Fletcher is back playing again, I hope he is completely better now.

Pete is almost finished now, last walking day Friday and then home on Saturday. He's only one blister and has walked a fair few miles, had a fair few drunken and a bit of sunny and Raining but seems to have enjoyed it.

I've a few photos I might post later, nothing brilliant it was more about getting to know my new camera and the settings.

Lai

Laikipia
Laikipia

Back to top Go down

Post  whitestarling Thu Aug 16, 2012 10:54 am

affraid Could'nt see to drive Lai. I'd go back to the hairdresser if I was you, and ask for a refund, leaving your fringe that long Welcome to everyday Lets Talk - Page 10 40683 .
It was'nt quite as bad as I thought it was going to be this side, and it cleared up around 4-00pm. I did'nt know Pete was stopping for drunken drunken I'd have joined him, well at the Pubs, anyway
Looking forward to seeing your pics
WS
whitestarling
whitestarling
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Laikipia Thu Aug 16, 2012 2:37 pm

You the man WS - just picked myself up off the floor for laughing about my fringe!

Lai Very Happy
Laikipia
Laikipia

Back to top Go down

Post  littlewid Thu Aug 16, 2012 5:57 pm

Good Evening Everyone Very Happy

Well done to the Dons for beating Man U cheers .......sorry WS What a Face ......better luck next time lol!

I've just had a good giggle about your fringe too Lai......what is WS like Welcome to everyday Lets Talk - Page 10 40683 Welcome to everyday Lets Talk - Page 10 40683
Glad Pete is having a good time and one blister ain't that bad with all the walking he has done.

Glad your weather wasn't as bad as you expected WS and hopefully the PEAS are ok.

We had a wonderful time yesterday at Monkey World thanks guys, rather late back home then out today and I am off to a friends in a bit to a candle party, so I will catch up properly tomorrow and post some pics.

Have a good evening everyone.

littlewid-x-
littlewid
littlewid
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Laikipia Fri Aug 17, 2012 8:44 am

Looking forward to your photos Littlewid. So pleased you had a wonderful time at Monkey World. You must be exhausted after all that.

Lai
Laikipia
Laikipia

Back to top Go down

Post  whitestarling Fri Aug 17, 2012 5:53 pm

You need to slow down LW. I know your on holiday, but Monkying around one day, then going to a party the next night, and burning the Candle at both ends is not going to do you any good at your age

WS Welcome to everyday Lets Talk - Page 10 40683
whitestarling
whitestarling
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  littlewid Fri Aug 17, 2012 6:03 pm

Good Afternoon Everyone or Evening Very Happy

Yep I was totally exhausted yesterday Lai, had a very early start on Wednesday and late finish but it was well worth it. I have just down loaded my pics and now need to save them then I will post them.

Had a lovely evening at my friends yesterday evening at her candle party, I had never been to one before and I must say they re rather expensive and I am sure you can buy many similar,, if not better at the Garden centres and many other outlets like Yankee Candle......one of my favourites and there is also a place called The Range that sells loads of candles and beautiful candle holders that I think are better but they don't sell scented candles like the one last night.
Anyway I did buy something, it was a candle I had not seen before and it burns wood instead of a wick so it sounds like a crackling fire, so mine will go in my summer house for when I am reading in the evening with a nice hot coffee and my scent is Safari Sunset.......not sure what a safari sunset smells like but this one is beautiful smelling and if I close my eyes I can always imagine I am sitting round a fire out in the bush Very Happy

I am enjoying my holiday, getting up lazily yesterday and today and have been amblisng round the shops today and also had a lovely Latte and cake in M&S and then had a nice walk with Nero.....till I went past someone having a bonfire What a Face
Going to have a quiet evening and catch up on here as I am missing loads.

Oh yes, yesterday I brought another Bonsai Tree, it was a bit of a bargain actually because it's a Chinese Elm and it looked a bit dead but it has new leaves growing and it does shed it's leaves once a yeear and then grows new ones, so they were selling it for half price and I have fed it and spryed the tree and have it in my summer house to keep it warm and I think it will do really well.

Looks like we are in for a really hot weekend, whats everyone up to this weekend, anything nice?

I have been on the phone whilst writing this so I had better feed my little lot nd then will be back later for catch up.

Have a nice evening everyone

littlewid-x-

Ps......just seen your message WS.......cheeky Welcome to everyday Lets Talk - Page 10 40683 you know slowing down is one thing I have never quite got a handle on Welcome to everyday Lets Talk - Page 10 853843
littlewid
littlewid
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Laikipia Fri Aug 17, 2012 6:40 pm

Welcome to everyday Lets Talk - Page 10 71418 Safari sunset, that sounds wonderful Littlewid and what a brilliant idea to have it in your summer house, you'll really enjoy it in the evenings, I can't wait to know what it smells like.

Sounds like your new bonsai was a good buy and I'm sure you'll nurture it back to good health.

Hot weather? Not here, it's raining, again! Hoping for sunshine tomorrow.

Have a good weekend everyone.

Lai
Laikipia
Laikipia

Back to top Go down

Post  littlewid Sat Aug 18, 2012 2:27 pm

Well it is hot, hot, hot here, the temp is in the 30's and it's boiling, far too hot to really be doing much. Went out to a lovely garden centre this morning for a wander and of course a Latte and cake Very Happy thankfully Haskins is nicely air conditioned so it was nice wandering around, had a good smell of all the candles but didn't buy any, brought two tops insted bounce

We have the annual Bird Man contest in Worthing this weekend, it usually makes the national news so some of you may get to see clips of it, i'm stying away though as the town is packed and it's far too hot, even on the seafront but it usually brings loads of hilarity.

I'm going to have a quiet afternoon and evening today, just chilling out, whats everyone else up too? hopefully you all have some of this glorious sunshine.

I will surely let you know what the Safari sunset candle smells like Lai, the little smelly sample smelt nice but they can smell different when they are alight, fingers crossed it smell gorgeous.

Have a nice afternoon everyone and stay safe in the sun.

littlewid-x-
littlewid
littlewid
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Laikipia Sat Aug 18, 2012 2:30 pm

Enjoy your afternoon Littlewid and stay out of that sun, I bet your summerhouse is the place to be. I am a bit jealous of the weather though. A little warmth and sunshine here would be nice sunny

I've done the latte and cake this morning with my mum, trip to town and the library etc and now a chilled afternoon reading in the garden :study: hope I don't Sleeping but the dogs won't notice!

Lai
Laikipia
Laikipia

Back to top Go down

Post  littlewid Sun Aug 19, 2012 12:30 pm

Glad you had a nice morning with your mum yesterday Lai and managed to get in a Latte and Cake as well bounce Did you manage to read your book without falling asleep Sleep

It was too hot in my summer house to stay in their too long, even with a fan going and the windows open, it must be because of all the glass windows.

It is mega hot here today as well, this morning was bright sunshine but it has now clouded over and we have huge rumbles of thunder affraid mind you if it rained it might just cool down a bit.

I have a friend coming down from Southampton tomorrow with her little Westie Alfie, so I am hoping it will not be as hot as it wont be nice for the dogs and they wont be able to go on much of a walk, so fingers crossed it's cooler.

Spending the afternoon doing housework, albeit very slowly in this heat lol!
the sun is out again but the thunder rumbles on.

Hope everyone is having a good day and getting to enjoy some of the sunshine.

littlewid-x-
littlewid
littlewid
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Laikipia Sun Aug 19, 2012 4:17 pm

sunny scratch :What: no sunny only Raining here.

I'm a little green with envy Littlewid, although not with the intense heat. I hope your furries are okay, and it's not too hot for poor Nero. What a shame it was too hot to enjoy your lovely new summerhouse, isn't that always the way?

Enjoy your housework What a Face but more importantly have a wonderful day tomorrow and hope for cooler weather.

Lai

Laikipia
Laikipia

Back to top Go down

Post  littlewid Sun Aug 19, 2012 9:58 pm

It was a nightmare doing the housework in that heat Lai but it had to be done What a Face

All the furries have found it too hot but I have fans going and they are lying in front of them with their fur waving in the wind Very Happy so they are doing the right thing by just chilling and not running around......for once I can move around without tripping over them lol!
Keeping my fingers corssed tat tomorrow is cooler though otherwise it's not going to be much fun for Nero and Alfie and poor little Alfie has got to travel from Southampton.

Don't be too envious of the heat Lai as it really is too much and when it thundered I hoped it would pour down but it only rained for about 10 seconds nd then the sun was blistering again.

littlewid-x-
littlewid
littlewid
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  whitestarling Sun Aug 19, 2012 10:04 pm

Our weather's pretty much the same as Lai's, been really wet today. All the poor holiday makers are traipsing around in the rain with their children, its been a bad year for visitors in Wales this year, but as you say LW its not good to have it to hot. Hope ite cooler for you, and the dogs tomorrow
WS
whitestarling
whitestarling
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Doogs Tue Aug 28, 2012 2:04 pm

Well after a weekend of heavy Rain, it being freezing Frosty Tongue yesterday, today, although windy, is lovely and sunny - the joys of a british summer !!!

Just to show how bad the rain was on Saturday afternoon this is a photo that was taken 2 minutes from my mum and dads house affraid About 5.30pm I walked down this road, past all those then floating cars to go and walk Syd in the local park. By that time there was quite a few people with buckets trying to empty the water out of their cars and also recovery trucks taking others away, felt really sorrry for the owners.

Welcome to everyday Lets Talk - Page 10 Polmui11
Doogs Group Hug
Doogs
Doogs

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 10 of 40 Previous  1 ... 6 ... 9, 10, 11 ... 25 ... 40  Next