Wild About Animals
New members come, and say Hello
Plant a seed and watch it grow
Old Members why not share your news
We have loads more for you to choose
Guests your welcome to have a look
but why not sign up and then get hooked!
To All its a pleasure to have you with us

Note: New Members are expected to post within one Month of joining, and post on a fairly regular basis.

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

Wild About Animals
New members come, and say Hello
Plant a seed and watch it grow
Old Members why not share your news
We have loads more for you to choose
Guests your welcome to have a look
but why not sign up and then get hooked!
To All its a pleasure to have you with us

Note: New Members are expected to post within one Month of joining, and post on a fairly regular basis.
Wild About Animals
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Welcome to everyday Lets Talk

+5
whitestarling
princesspurplehippy
littlewid
Doogs
Laikipia
9 posters

Page 18 of 40 Previous  1 ... 10 ... 17, 18, 19 ... 29 ... 40  Next

Go down

Welcome to everyday Lets Talk - Page 18 Empty Re: Welcome to everyday Lets Talk

Post  Laikipia Thu Nov 29, 2012 4:59 pm

Good afternoon everyone

What a freezing cold day, really frosty this morning but very pretty. Did anyone see the full moon last night with Jupiter? Wow that was stunning. Sadly my camera was in the cupboard and at 6am it was even more beautiful, but I couldn't focus on putting it all together and finding my tripod. Oh well next time!

I hope you've survived going back to work Doogs, and didn't feel too weak and tired.

Poor you Littlewid, I don't know anything about Lupus but it sounds like you are having a bad time at the moment, I bet this cold damp weather doesn't help much.

Thanks for the advice for Penny and some hydrotherapy. I will ask the vet on Saturday. She's not really very keen on water, but does paddle in the river in the summer. I wouldn't want to stress her so will see what they say.

Yup it times for Christmas cards and pressies. I was thinking of doing cards this weekend scratch but we're taking my mum to the ballet to see Sleeping Beauty so I must get organised!

As we're away straight after Christmas we won't have a tree this year just some decorations etc - I know that sounds a bit sad but I'll appreciate everyone else's much more Very Happy

Enjoy the Twilight movie and look forward to hearing all about it Littlewid.

Have a good evening everyone and stay warm and cosy.

Lai
Laikipia
Laikipia

Back to top Go down

Post  Doogs Thu Nov 29, 2012 9:10 pm

Brrrr Frosty Tongue here as well this morning Lai, had to get the old scraper out for the car windows this morning affraid Missed the full moon I'm afraid Crying or Very sad

Went back to work today, feel a wee bit better again but it's going to be an early night as I'm shattered.

One of the biggest chores of Christmas is writing the cards, there's something really tedious about doing them !! (baaa humbug eh ! Shocked )
What date you & Pete heading off ? How exciting Welcome to everyday Lets Talk - Page 18 71418 it's not long if it's just after Welcome to everyday Lets Talk - Page 18 17827 you are away Welcome to everyday Lets Talk - Page 18 853843
Doogs
Doogs

Back to top Go down

Post  whitestarling Thu Nov 29, 2012 10:31 pm

Glad you got to work Doogs, getting out of 4 walls makes you feel better sometimes. It does leave you feeling drained after something like that. Hope you and the Kids enjoy the film LW. I saw the full moon last night Lai, but missed it this morning as there was cloud around here, so no frost which was a good thing. I also missed it at Petes Pond there should have been a small eclipse with Jupiter, but the cam was down Crying or Very sad
WS
whitestarling
whitestarling
Admin

https://wildaboutanimals.forumotion.net

Back to top Go down

Post  Laikipia Fri Nov 30, 2012 8:49 am

Good to know you made it to work Doogs, but I bet you were shattered, so don't overdo it. At least it is nearly the weekend Wink

Shame about the cam WS - hopefully it'll be back up again soon.

We're off on 28th to Kenya (well no surprise there) up to the north to 3 different camps. This is just Pete and me as he missed out on Zambia - we're really looking forward to a relaxing time and some amazing wildlife as ever.

I agree re writing cards, I am hopeless at it and find it a nightmare except once I've finished!

Have a good day everyone - it's cold and frosty but dry!

Lai
Laikipia
Laikipia

Back to top Go down

Post  whitestarling Fri Nov 30, 2012 5:40 pm

Kenya Lai !!! Stands back in amazment with gasp of astonishment Welcome to everyday Lets Talk - Page 18 40683 Hope you both have a great time, and a rest. Hopefully Pete will be fully recovered from his back probs. Wet this side of the hills, at least its not frosty, but to be honest we'd rather have the frost, and no rain
Hope everyone has a good weekend
WS
whitestarling
whitestarling
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Laikipia Fri Nov 30, 2012 7:16 pm

ROFL WS - I knew you would be totally stunned by that!

Keep that rain over those welsh hills please, this afternoon it turned to pea soup, seriously foggy, i couldn't see my house from my office which is seriously close! The roads were chaotic and getting worse.

Stay safe everyone and have a good weekend.

Lai
Laikipia
Laikipia

Back to top Go down

Post  princesspurplehippy Fri Nov 30, 2012 9:52 pm

Just a quick visit as I'm off to visit my uncle and aunt in Lincolnshire tomorrow morning for the weekend

Its a 3 hour drive from where I am but itll be nice as I havent seen them or my cousin in a couple of years. I think itll be a big cold there as its very flat so now a lot of natural barriers to stop the wind.

I hope the weather holds out and its not too cold

princesspurplehippy
princesspurplehippy

Back to top Go down

Post  Safari Maiden Fri Dec 07, 2012 11:36 pm

Well you lot have all been busy!

Hope everyone that was ill is now better pale

Well it has been busy here too. TT was made redundant unexpectedly with immediate effect. Panic ensued. A new business venture was born. I resigned from work. Section scar re-opened for the 7th time. Applications and open evenings for Han's college come 2013 and a Christening for spud. Needless to say that took up all off my time over the last couple of months. Especially the new business! (though Robbie had the highest priority of all!)

Quick pic of the little dude now 6 months old ( 7 months on 19th!) Time goes so fast.

Welcome to everyday Lets Talk - Page 18 Rob310Welcome to everyday Lets Talk - Page 18 Robbie14

SM
Safari Maiden
Safari Maiden

Back to top Go down

Post  Laikipia Sat Dec 08, 2012 10:36 am

WOW SM - what a time you've had. So so sorry to hear about TT and I hope your new business venture is successful, I don't envy you at the moment with the recession and the doom and gloom in the news about not coming out of it until 2018 not 2015 as previously predicted. Fingers crossed for you.

Robbie looks so handsome and hasn't he grown? what a stupid comment I know, of course he has he's now almost 7 months old!

I hope you are now on the mend and can enjoy Christmas. Take care of yourself.

Lai
Laikipia
Laikipia

Back to top Go down

Post  whitestarling Sat Dec 08, 2012 11:05 am

Welcome to everyday Lets Talk - Page 18 768480 Great to hear from you SM. It sounds as though you've had a rough time just lately. That really must have come as a affraid to you, and TT, especialy with the way things are, and having a new addition to the family as well with all the extra expense. Fingers X, your scar heals this time, and the new business venture goes well for you both. Talking if the new addition, what a handsome chappy he looks, and as Lai says he really has grown. Hope the christening went well in Ireland, I wondered how it had gone. Hopefully now things have settled a bit you'll have a bit more time to come on, as you say its been busy, and loads inc new members to catch up on.

WS
whitestarling
whitestarling
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  littlewid Sat Dec 08, 2012 11:44 pm

Good to see you back SM and I must say, gorgeous pictures of Robbie. I know you have had a rough time with your scar and hopefully now it will heal and not open again but I bet you wouldn't change a thing now you have little Robbie in your lives.
Sorry to hear about TT's job that must have been hard but I wish him well with his new venture. Has Han got a college sorted now? if so thats good and with TT's new venture things must be quietening down now and as you have officially resigned from work, hopefully we will see more of you and your lives will be a little calmer. How are Jet & Gizzmo? I hope they are both ok.
littlewid-x-
littlewid
littlewid
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Doogs Mon Dec 10, 2012 4:43 pm

Sorry all for my lack of posts over the past few days but I've been busy, busy, busy !!! Just wanted to check in and say everything is ok I'm just struggling to find the time to post on here, sorry Embarassed

I normally do my posts at lunchtime but had to go out on both Friday and today and although I don't normally post over the weekend this one was very busy which included amongst other things a panto, out for tea, over at a friends house and working yesterday for 7½ hours ! affraid I'm out tonight with a friend for tea and depending on what time I'm home will try and get some posts through tonight, failing that it will have to be tomorrow Shocked

Hope everyone is well, will catch up soon
Doogs Group Hug
Doogs
Doogs

Back to top Go down

Post  whitestarling Mon Dec 10, 2012 5:17 pm

Doogs please dont worry, it's OK we know you would be on if you could. As I've said to others, you fit the Forum into your life, not your life around the Forum. We all at times for one reason or another cant get as much as we'd like to. The important thing is we know your OK, and that goes for any member, so just catch up when you can
WS
whitestarling
whitestarling
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Laikipia Mon Dec 10, 2012 5:43 pm

Good to know you're okay Doogs and as WS says catch up when you can. Glad you had a good weekend, although 7 1/2 hours didn't sound much fun What a Face

Have a fun evening everyone.

Lai
Laikipia
Laikipia

Back to top Go down

Post  littlewid Mon Dec 10, 2012 5:53 pm

Doogs it's great that you are busy and enjoying yourself......apart from work Razz , sounds like you are having lots of fun and thats the way it should be and especially at this time of year......so you go for it girl Welcome to everyday Lets Talk - Page 18 853843 what was the Panto you saw? I think ours is the Wizzard of Oz or is it Cinderella, not sure but I must get booked up for the kids else we will miss out.

Just catch up when you can and as WS says, we all have times when we cant get on as much as we would like to......i'm a good example for that Welcome to everyday Lets Talk - Page 18 40683 as WS and Lai says, as long as we know you are ok thats all that matters.

Have a great evening, hope it's not too chilly in Scotland, it's freezing here Frosty Tongue

littlewid-x-
littlewid
littlewid
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Doogs Tue Dec 11, 2012 1:20 pm

Wise words WS Wink

Panto was not very Christmassy Christmas Tree - it was Treasure Island !! It was well done though but a tad too long, 1½ hours - 15 minutes break - another hour affraid It was held in a Social Club so the saving grace was we got a couple of drunken as the bar was open Wink

Good catch up with my friend last night, didn't get home until after 10pm. We went to Chiqutos for tea and I thoroughly enjoyed my spicy chicken fajitas, mmmm !!!

Weather is not too bad up here, very frosty Frosty Tongue in the morning but then it brightens up nicely, still chilly though !!

Doogs Group Hug
Doogs
Doogs

Back to top Go down

Post  littlewid Tue Dec 11, 2012 8:58 pm

That is a long Panto Doogs but I am sure the drunken helped........you didn't spot WS in the audience did you lol!
Glad you had a good time last night Welcome to everyday Lets Talk - Page 18 768480 it's freezing here too, this morning I scrapped the ice off my windows but the ice was clinging to the rest of the car, when I left work this afternoon the sides of my car and bonnet were still frozen and so was the car park at the hospital. It is so cold again this evening I reckon the frost will be even worse in the morning Frosty Tongue
One little fellow who wont get cold on his walk is Nero, he has a rather doody coat anyway but my mum has knitted him a little scarf and also sewn his name on it Mouse Stocking I picked it up this evening with Nero and boy did he love it, he was prancing round like a right model, he loved it, here it is Earmuffs
Welcome to everyday Lets Talk - Page 18 Kian_422
littlewid-x-
littlewid
littlewid
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  whitestarling Tue Dec 11, 2012 11:21 pm

Thats brilliant LW. No wonder nero loved it especialy in this weather, and it's colour co-ordinated to Welcome to everyday Lets Talk - Page 18 40683 No I was'nt there at the Panto, Mrs S wont let me go to them, she say I have enough daft ideas as it is without getting anymore scratch cant think what she means Welcome to everyday Lets Talk - Page 18 40683 . Glad you had a good time Doogs even if it was abit long, good excuse for a couple of drunken drunken though lol!
WS
whitestarling
whitestarling
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Laikipia Wed Dec 12, 2012 9:05 am

Group Hug FAB-U-LOUS scarf for Nero Littlewid. I bet he loves it and looks really handsome with the coat and scarf.

Penny loves her tartan coat and I think Tamu might need one it's so cold Earmuffs

Lai
Laikipia
Laikipia

Back to top Go down

Post  gregrowlerson Wed Dec 12, 2012 10:05 am

WS; "You fit the Forum into your life, not your life around the Forum."

I think I've had this the other way around Laughing

Great to have you back Doogs, and WS is actually right. It reminds me of something I read once, in reference to creative writing. It was to do with not living whilst writing, but that you need your moments of 'real' living to inspire the writing itself. It's like with all of our fun interacting on here. It all comes from the people we are, who have been influenced by our 'outside' life experiences (and will continue to be so), sculpted into the person today that contains all sorts of various crazy characters! Well I am not sure how many crazy characters I have inside of me, but I'm sure it's plenty Laughing

So at some point in time, I am sure that I will take a day off from this forum affraid

Very Happy

It's warm in Australia by the way sunny Last two days around 25-28 degrees I'm guessing, with nice sunshine and blue skies. Jealous anyone? Razz

I'm glad that Nero's got such a lovely scarf LW. On my side of the world though, Bella is a nudist lol!
gregrowlerson
gregrowlerson

Back to top Go down

Post  Laikipia Wed Dec 12, 2012 10:24 am

WOW That was profound GR Welcome to everyday Lets Talk - Page 18 45922

Lucky you with the temp. it's minus something here and cold and frosty, very pretty though. I am soooooooooooooooooooo alien with envy!

Must dash off to the dentist I broke a back tooth and need it fixing What a Face

Catch up later if I can still albino albino albino

Lucky Bella not having to worry about the cold, our dogs would love some warmth especially Tamu who wants to be in Africa doing what she was bred to do rather than chewing her way through my mouse trap (humane) in the UK.

Lai

Laikipia
Laikipia

Back to top Go down

Post  littlewid Wed Dec 12, 2012 5:52 pm

Need a lie down Sleeping that was profound GR.......but actually I loved it Welcome to everyday Lets Talk - Page 18 768480 if we didn't have our own crazy real life times life would be very boring indeed. I for one would rather be as mad as a March Hare than boring Boris .......whoever he is......hopefully not my alter ego affraid

Our dogs are Nude too in the summer GR but in the winter most of them need a coat to keep warm, especially when it's freezing. In fact I had even thought of getting Nero some Snow Boots that you can get for dogs. Sometimes the snow is so deep and icy that it gets stuck to their paws and can cut them, it freezes to their fur as well which is not nice, so I am Welcome to everyday Lets Talk - Page 18 45922 about it and actually I am lucky because Nero doesn't seem to mind dressing up Very Happy

Hows the tooth Lai? I hope you got it sorted ok and that you are still up to albino albino albino

littlewid-x-
littlewid
littlewid
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  whitestarling Wed Dec 12, 2012 5:55 pm

WOW GR that was very deep, see you do have a serious side. We are what life, and our experiences make us, and how we deal them. Hmmm so I'd better get back to being the jocolor . Thats sounds nasty Lai hope the dentist gets to the root ( :What: Well what did you expect ) of the problem, and your pain free .
WS
whitestarling
whitestarling
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  princesspurplehippy Wed Dec 12, 2012 8:46 pm

-5 down here in the Shires today. Lots of freezing fog and the place looked festive with a dusting of snow this morning

Welcome to everyday Lets Talk - Page 18 48438510
princesspurplehippy
princesspurplehippy

Back to top Go down

Post  gregrowlerson Thu Dec 13, 2012 2:51 am

GR, the Profound Parrot who never shuts up.

Except for when there's a chocolate milkshake around lol!

I did get Bella a winter coat, but she strongly disliked it, though perhaps it was a little tight.

She really does love the summer though, so it's great times for her at present Very Happy

A forum needs more than one jocolor so WS, I ain't abandoning you on that front Razz

"Need a lie down" - Thanks LW!

Hope you get that tooth fixed sooner rather than later Lai. Few things worse than an aching tooth No Besides, you must be fighting fit for your trip to Kenya Very Happy
gregrowlerson
gregrowlerson

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 18 of 40 Previous  1 ... 10 ... 17, 18, 19 ... 29 ... 40  Next