Wild About Animals
New members come, and say Hello
Plant a seed and watch it grow
Old Members why not share your news
We have loads more for you to choose
Guests your welcome to have a look
but why not sign up and then get hooked!
To All its a pleasure to have you with us

Note: New Members are expected to post within one Month of joining, and post on a fairly regular basis.

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

Wild About Animals
New members come, and say Hello
Plant a seed and watch it grow
Old Members why not share your news
We have loads more for you to choose
Guests your welcome to have a look
but why not sign up and then get hooked!
To All its a pleasure to have you with us

Note: New Members are expected to post within one Month of joining, and post on a fairly regular basis.
Wild About Animals
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Welcome to everyday Lets Talk

+5
whitestarling
princesspurplehippy
littlewid
Doogs
Laikipia
9 posters

Page 19 of 40 Previous  1 ... 11 ... 18, 19, 20 ... 29 ... 40  Next

Go down

Welcome to everyday Lets Talk - Page 19 Empty Re: Welcome to everyday Lets Talk

Post  Laikipia Thu Dec 13, 2012 8:32 am

Thanks everyone, tooth all done, one hour and 40 mins in the chair and very little albino albino albino my dentist says I talk a lot and finds it very funny that I can't join in the conversation with a mouthful of cotton wool, and drills and being very numb affraid apart from the jaw ache I am fine and it was worth it not to go to Kenya with toothache as you say GR.

So back to less albino today until I can open wide again.

WS - glad you didn't miss that joke!

PPH a nice photo of the dusting of snow.

Lai silent
Laikipia
Laikipia

Back to top Go down

Post  gregrowlerson Thu Dec 13, 2012 11:52 am

Yay! Lai is okay!

Welcome to everyday Lets Talk - Page 19 71418
gregrowlerson
gregrowlerson

Back to top Go down

Post  Laikipia Thu Dec 13, 2012 1:24 pm

Gee thanks GR - you know how I like to albino by tomorrow I'll be back to albino albino albino

Lai
Laikipia
Laikipia

Back to top Go down

Post  Doogs Thu Dec 13, 2012 2:05 pm

Going back a few posts . . . . oh my SM I'm exhausted reading all that !!! Laughing
Welcome to everyday Lets Talk - Page 19 431638 with the business venture, hope it goes well for you. Love the photos of Robbie I love you

Great scarf for Nero LW, he'll look so cute in that Like a Star @ heaven I love you Like a Star @ heaven and of course he'll be nice and cosy cheers

I bet Penny looks very fetching in her Tartain coat Lai Very Happy 1½ hours in a dentist chair Lai affraid

Oh there you go again GR rubbing it in with talk of that thing in the sky sunny lol! Wise words before that though Wink

Brrrr Frosty Tongue PPH that looks a chilly scene outside.

Been working a lot of late, 6 hours last Sunday (2nd), 7½ hours Sunday past, 3 hours on Tuesday night and I possibly need to come in again this Sunday. The money will come in handy to pay off the Christmas credit card bill !! Laughing Didn't get to my swimming on Tuesday as I was working late Crying or Very sad but did manage the Bingo last night with my mum & sister, no luck unfortnatley No

Doogs drunken
Doogs
Doogs

Back to top Go down

Post  Laikipia Thu Dec 13, 2012 2:12 pm

WOW Doogs - you are busy busy busy working

Lai
Laikipia
Laikipia

Back to top Go down

Post  littlewid Thu Dec 13, 2012 5:05 pm

Welcome to everyday Lets Talk - Page 19 768480 Glad the tooth is all sorted Lai, as you say Kenya and a toothache would not be too clever or much fun either and just think, tomorrow you can albino albino albino as much as you like Welcome to everyday Lets Talk - Page 19 853843

Heck Doogs, you have been busy, hope your not going to be working that mad next week No Nero does love his scarf, he has worn it out and seemed very proud of it Very Happy

e have had loads of heavy frost PPH but no snow, loved the picture but I bet it ws chilly with a -5 temp Earmuffs

I'm gonna be on and off here this evening. I got a couple of pressies wrapped yesterday for my mum to deliver to her sister in St Albans today but I have loads of cards to write and get in the post before the deadline, so I need to get a wriggle on and I am out tomorrow to friends and I need to be able to take their card and pressies with me, so I need to get that done as well and with little furry helpers it takes a bit longer.......they seem to think they can write better than me Santa Cat

Have a great evening everyone and I will be catching up along the way Santa Waving

littlewid-x-
littlewid
littlewid
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Laikipia Thu Dec 13, 2012 6:29 pm

I love the idea of the furries helping you Littlewid Laughing

Have a good evening everyone

Lai
Laikipia
Laikipia

Back to top Go down

Post  Laikipia Fri Dec 14, 2012 4:24 pm

Hello everyone

Just a quickie to say have a great weekend and fingers crossed it doesn't rain all the time (not you GR we know you have brilliant sunny and we are very alien )

Tom's here for the weekend so I'm just off to the station to collect him and then we've a busy few days so I might be off-line a bit but don't let that stop you from guessing the Christmas Carol Laughing I 'll check in later.

Lai
Laikipia
Laikipia

Back to top Go down

Post  whitestarling Fri Dec 14, 2012 10:54 pm

You be careful Doogs do'nt work to hard. Leave your self time for some fun. Hope your not as busy this weekend. I can just imagine the fun you've been having wrapping those pressies, and doing the cards LW with all the helping paws Welcome to everyday Lets Talk - Page 19 40683 frost. We've had our first frosts here as well this week, although not to bad really considering where we are, nothing like you've had PPH. Have a great weekend with Tom Lai, and dont worry about the answer to the Christmas Carol, I think its still going to be there on Monday scratch scratch scratch scratch
WS Welcome to everyday Lets Talk - Page 19 40683
whitestarling
whitestarling
Admin

https://wildaboutanimals.forumotion.net

Back to top Go down

Post  Laikipia Sat Dec 15, 2012 9:32 am

I couldn't wait to see if anyone had got it WS - and PPH was brilliant!

Have a great weekend everyone.

Lai Group Hug
Laikipia
Laikipia

Back to top Go down

Post  littlewid Sat Dec 15, 2012 10:00 am

Lai have a really great weekend with Tom and wish him Happy Christmas from all of us on the forum and also from all of us in chilly sussex......HAPPY CHRISTMAS TOM Welcome to everyday Lets Talk - Page 19 408422

Wrapping pressies and writing cards has been a challenge for me but great fun for the furries and I have more to do.......oh heck Welcome to everyday Lets Talk - Page 19 707748

Not so frosty here today, in fact we have had rain, so not very christmassy today. Off out to meet friends for coffee and lunch today, our little christmas get together so it will be nice.

Have great day everyone and enjoy whatever you are up too.

littlewid-x- Santa Waving
littlewid
littlewid
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Laikipia Sat Dec 15, 2012 10:16 am

Thanks Littlewid - he's still Sleeping but we're off for lunch with friends and my mum so will be getting into the Welcome to everyday Lets Talk - Page 19 408422 Welcome to everyday Lets Talk - Page 19 707748 Elf Present soon!

Enjoy your lunch and coffee too.

Lai Christmas Tree
Laikipia
Laikipia

Back to top Go down

Post  Safariman Mon Dec 17, 2012 7:10 pm

Back home now after my 2 weeks in Kenya, already getting depressed with the combination of the weather and Christmas!! Had a great time with some fabulous game viewing and took about 2500 photos which I am know trying to sort. Hopefully will post some pics. plus stories in the next few weeks. Will now try and keep up with the various threads that have been posted while I was away.
Christmas greetings to everyone and best wishes for the New Year.

Safriman
Safariman
Safariman

Back to top Go down

Post  Laikipia Mon Dec 17, 2012 8:12 pm

Welcome back Safariman. I guess you had an amazing time? Were you with Piers and Kapeen? 2500 photos is a huge number. I took over 1000 in Zambia and deleted down to 500 and thought that was bad enough - I don't envy you.

We're off on 28th to the north, Samburu and Laikipia areas and can't wait.

Looking forward to your stories and photos.

Lai
Laikipia
Laikipia

Back to top Go down

Post  littlewid Mon Dec 17, 2012 9:18 pm

Welcome Back Safariman bounce we have missed you but know you would have been having a fabulous time. So looking forward to all your stories and photo's, they will give us all some cheer in this cold, dreary weather and it's just great to have you back.
Enjoy catching up with what has been happening Very Happy

littlewid-x-
littlewid
littlewid
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  whitestarling Mon Dec 17, 2012 10:49 pm

Welcome to everyday Lets Talk - Page 19 768480 Welcome back Safariman. I'm not surprised your feeling a bit down with this weather, after being in the Maasi, we've all been feeling the same. The only good news is, your back sp now we have something to cheer us up with your photos, and stories. Really looking forward to that
WS
whitestarling
whitestarling
Admin

https://wildaboutanimals.forumotion.net

Back to top Go down

Post  Doogs Mon Dec 17, 2012 10:50 pm

I've said it in another thread but it's all work and no play for me at the moment No For the third Sunday in a row I was in working all day and tonight I didn't get home until just before 9pm so it's been a loooooong day. I'm going to catch up a few more threads then it's off to Sleeping for me as I'm knackered !!

Oooh Safariman you've been in Kenya you lucky so and so !! Very Happy Looking forward to hearing about your trip and of course seeing your wonderful photos - 2,500 affraid Very Happy Cool

Hope you had a lovely weekend with Tom Lai, bet it was good to catch up with him. How is Penny and is Pete's back better now ?

Good to see you've been tackling the Christmas Cards and Prezzie wrapping LW, you're organised cheers Are you back to full health now - well as full as you can be Wink

Will you be covering any shifts in the pub over Christmas and New Year WS ?

It's wet, windy and horrible up here today but it's better than having to endure snow Snowmas (even if it is pretty !). I'm sitting here posting while I've got a a programme on that I recorded on Sunday - "Happy Birthday ET", the story behind the film. I must confess this is one of my all time favourites and I still cry Sad every time I watch it and goodness knows how many times I've watched it !!! Laughing

Doogs Welcome to everyday Lets Talk - Page 19 560354
Doogs
Doogs

Back to top Go down

Post  Safariman Tue Dec 18, 2012 11:24 am

Yes Lai, at the Mara, Kapeen was my spotter and David my guide again and at Meru I had joint guides, my longtime friend Bernard and Jonathon. At both camps Piers had arranged for me to have a vehicle to myself so I was thoroughly spoiled. The Mara was unusually dry as the November rains had failed and it was only as I left that some rain arrived. In contrast Meru which is next door to Samburu has had an unprecedented amount of rain, starting in mid October and continuing well into December and instead of the usual dry scrub , I was met by a lush green tropical paradise. Have a great time on your trip and I look forward to seeing your pics on your return. I have not got round to watching your Zambia pics yet but will do so soon.
Safariman
Safariman

Back to top Go down

Post  Laikipia Tue Dec 18, 2012 12:29 pm

oooooooooooh I wish I had remembered you were going Safariman, I would have sent a message to Kapeen and of course Piers.

Amazing how the rains have changed. I have no idea what to expect so will be prepared for everything!

Don't worry the Zambia video is only 5 1/2 mins What a Face and I haven't posted any photos due to lack of time.

Really looking forward to yours - no pressure though, I know what it's like when you get back Laughing

Lai
Laikipia
Laikipia

Back to top Go down

Post  Doogs Tue Dec 18, 2012 1:35 pm

Sounds like a wonderful trip Safariman and you've certainly been well looked after. We are thinking about going to the Mara at the beginning of November next year - I take it from what you are saying it's usually rainy but this year you were lucky and it was surpisingly dry ?

Lai can't believe its next week that you are away, fantastic Welcome to everyday Lets Talk - Page 19 71418 It will be so lovely to spend New Year in Kenya Welcome to everyday Lets Talk - Page 19 768480
Doogs
Doogs

Back to top Go down

Post  Laikipia Tue Dec 18, 2012 1:57 pm

Afternoon everyone

Poor you Doogs, all this work and no play - and at this time of year that's really tough going. Let's hope you'll soon be able to relax and I suppose it does mean for £££s for the safari next year ( Welcome to everyday Lets Talk - Page 19 71418 brilliant news).

Pete is getting there slowly thanks Doogs, still seeing the physio and chiropracter but needs to so he's okay for Kenya. Penny is another matter but fingers crossed, more on that later once we've been back to the vet this Wednesday.

It was great to catch up with Tom, he's loving Uni and has a new girlfriend and can't wait to get back to see her! She's finished Uni and works in Cardiff - that's the problem with him having a very extended gap year as now he is a mature (ish) student Laughing

I couldn't believe that ET is such an old film Doogs - wow doesn't time fly? I love it and it always made me Sad

Yes we fly on 28th and whatever the weather I am soooooooooooooooo looking forward to it and to exploring new areas.

Weather okay here, looks like Aberdeen has had it bad Doogs.

Have a good day everyone.

Lai
Laikipia
Laikipia

Back to top Go down

Post  princesspurplehippy Thu Dec 20, 2012 6:59 pm

First day off work today, back to work on new year's eve Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy

Problem is it wasnt a good one. Started off being 10mins late for a blood test (nothing serious), then 15mins late for lunch date, then ran out of tags for pressies and then dropped heavy glass on my toe.

Thankfully my toenail took the brunt and itll be a nice colour for xmas. Only problem is that I have a 120mile drive to visit family tomorrow.

So I decided that bath, ibuprofen and a glass of wine is in order
princesspurplehippy
princesspurplehippy

Back to top Go down

Post  gregrowlerson Thu Dec 20, 2012 8:04 pm

Perhaps your new name could be princess purple tippy (toe)? Laughing

You have certainly been in the wars No Hopefully things can only get better for you on your break from now on :) For me, I start my Chrissy holidays at midday today; hopefully I don't have too many mishaps!

Doogs, all this work and no play can make a good girl go grey. I know fifty shades is popular but come on!

And trust me, you don't want me to have to put on my poms poms Welcome to everyday Lets Talk - Page 19 40683

But yay, there's a silver lining Very Happy Great to hear that you guys are off to the Mara next November. I think that half the positiveness about a holiday is the looking forward to it itself (not that my holidays are letdowns), so nearly a year of planning is extra positivity Very Happy

Everyone is travelling! Lai, I am going to miss our forum interactions heapsy after next week. But it's so wonderful that you and Pete are off to Kenya. Best wishes that your mans back holds up. And remember: leopard in Tree pics!!! OK

Safariman, a "lush green tropical paradise" sounds wonderful. How popular is it in the Mara these days? Is it getting over crowded?

WS, will you be serving behind the bar this festive season, or is your creative journalism taking up too much of your time? lol!
gregrowlerson
gregrowlerson

Back to top Go down

Post  littlewid Thu Dec 20, 2012 10:21 pm

I will catch up properly on this thread tomorrow but I just wanted to say safe journey for tomorrow PPH, I didn't want to miss you incase you were off now for Christmas as you are going to your family tomorrow. I hope you have a lovely time and hopefully no more accidents/hic ups......sounds like you have had a right old day of it today.

Don't forget the strictly final on Saturday...it will be good watching.

Drive carefully and have a great christmas.

littlewid-x-
littlewid
littlewid
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Doogs Thu Dec 20, 2012 10:22 pm

Evening everyone, just checking in with a few posts. Crazy busy at work this week, not been home one night before 9pm No but thankfully that's it now cheers We've got my works Christmas lunch tomorrow and I took the morning off to go to the hairdresser (to get rid of those grey hairs GR - cheeky so and so !!! Laughing ) and that's me until the 3rd of January 2013 - well we'll wait and see, I have a funny feeling my boss might ask me to come in one day next week !!! At least by then I'll have had a few days rest.

PPH I think you'd better wind your watch forward 15 minutes so you can be on time Laughing Ouch re your toe, hope it's not too sore in the morning Crying or Very sad Drive carefully tomorrow Hugs

Glad you had a good time with Tom Lai and nice to hear he's got a girlfriend I love you Glad Pete is a bit better but obviously not right. How did you get on with Penny at the vet yesterday ?

Good to hear that's you also finished for a break GR, when do you go back to work ? What do you work as ?

Wild, wet and horrible up here today but I think its they same for quite a few places across the UK, hope everyone is safe and well

Doogs Group Hug
Doogs
Doogs

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 19 of 40 Previous  1 ... 11 ... 18, 19, 20 ... 29 ... 40  Next