Wild About Animals
New members come, and say Hello
Plant a seed and watch it grow
Old Members why not share your news
We have loads more for you to choose
Guests your welcome to have a look
but why not sign up and then get hooked!
To All its a pleasure to have you with us

Note: New Members are expected to post within one Month of joining, and post on a fairly regular basis.

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

Wild About Animals
New members come, and say Hello
Plant a seed and watch it grow
Old Members why not share your news
We have loads more for you to choose
Guests your welcome to have a look
but why not sign up and then get hooked!
To All its a pleasure to have you with us

Note: New Members are expected to post within one Month of joining, and post on a fairly regular basis.
Wild About Animals
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Welcome to everyday Lets Talk

+8
Chad Cocking
tigerburnie
Doogs
Safari Maiden
Anne-Marie1981
littlewid
whitestarling
Laikipia
12 posters

Page 30 of 40 Previous  1 ... 16 ... 29, 30, 31 ... 35 ... 40  Next

Go down

Welcome to everyday Lets Talk - Page 30 Empty Re: Welcome to everyday Lets Talk

Post  Laikipia Wed Jan 04, 2012 8:19 am

Welcome to everyday Lets Talk - Page 30 768480 Doogs - sounds like you had a fun evening and so pleased to hear that Sid is okay.

Work was a shock Shocked to my system after 10 days away - a least it's a short week!

Hoping everyone has survived the storms last night and take care on the way to work today.

Lai Pai
Laikipia
Laikipia

Back to top Go down

Post  whitestarling Wed Jan 04, 2012 11:54 am

WOW Thats a cracker Doogs Welcome to everyday Lets Talk - Page 30 768480 . Instead of Sleep you should have had a hair of the Scottie or even a coat Welcome to everyday Lets Talk - Page 30 40683 Welcome to everyday Lets Talk - Page 30 40683
WS
whitestarling
whitestarling
Admin

https://wildaboutanimals.forumotion.net

Back to top Go down

Post  littlewid Wed Jan 04, 2012 6:43 pm

Glad you had a good time with your Mum & Dad Doogs and great to hear that Sid is ok Very Happy .......Trust WS to suggest a whole coat of a dog rather than just a hair drunken drunken drunken what you like WS Welcome to everyday Lets Talk - Page 30 40683

The weather was dreadful yesterday wasn't it, I saw the news reports of Scotland yesterday Doogs, hope you were safe where you were, it looked pretty nasty and I thought it was bad enough here.

First day back at work for me too today after a month off.......a real shock to my system too Lai affraid luckily I only did a half day, it's strange how you think you feel better and then by lunchtime you go SPLAT a little What a Face
Hope everyone else returning to work has had a good day and only two more days to go till the weekend again cheers

Going to settle in and Watch Mama Mia tonight. I love this film. I saw the original stage version in London when it came out and I have the DVD and have watched it so many times but everytime it's like watching it for the first time, I just love it.

For everyone who loves Dancing on Ice, it starts again on Sunday at 6.30 Welcome to everyday Lets Talk - Page 30 853843 Welcome to everyday Lets Talk - Page 30 71418 Welcome to everyday Lets Talk - Page 30 853843

Have a great evening everyone, Windy again this evening affraid

littlewid-x-
littlewid
littlewid
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Doogs Wed Jan 04, 2012 10:04 pm

You're right WS, a rather large coat would definitely have been in order Welcome to everyday Lets Talk - Page 30 40683

WOW LW, has it been a month since you've been at work, that must have been a affraid moment today when the alarm went off to get up for work pale Great though that you only had to go in for half a day Cool Hope you enjoyed watching Mamma Mia. I've also seen it on the stage a few times and in the cinema, great feel good film cheers

I'll bet it was also a Shocked to the system today for you Lai Pai, hope your day wasn't too bad. It's my turn tomorrow Crying or Very sad Ian has the rest of the week off, he's not back until Monday, lucky so and so !!!

The weather has been awful in Scotland the past couple of days but dear old Aberdeen seemed to miss the worst of it, we've been rather lucky. Quite cold today though and I can now hear the Rain battering off the front window affraid

Only two more working days this week folkies Welcome to everyday Lets Talk - Page 30 71418 Welcome to everyday Lets Talk - Page 30 40683

Doogs Group Hug
Doogs
Doogs

Back to top Go down

Post  whitestarling Wed Jan 04, 2012 10:33 pm

Hope work went OK for you today LW, and it was'nt to tireing. Bet it came as a bit of a shock after a month.
We are taking an absolute battering at the moment from the wind, its hitting between 60 & 70 mph. Just had to go out again, and rescue the recycling, its a affraid My internet keeps going on, and off every few seconds, must be the wind effecting the telephone wires. Hope everyone else is OK
WS
whitestarling
whitestarling
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Laikipia Thu Jan 05, 2012 8:29 am

Morning everyone - What a night, hoping you're all okay wherever you are in the country. WS it sounds like you're getting a battering over those welsh hills What a Face

Poor you having to go back today Doogs with Ian still being off, still at least it's only 2 days.

I watched Mamma Mia again last night while Pete was in the pub, we've also got the DVD and I've been to the stage show but as a feel good film I could watch it again and again, as I love singing along to it. We're going to see it again in London in a couple of weeks time with some friends as Pete has never seen it.

Take it easy at work Littlewid, another half day sounds like a good idea.

Thanks for the nudge about Dancing on Ice - I've never watched it Littlewid, but might have to take a peek Welcome to everyday Lets Talk - Page 30 853843

Fingers crossed everyone has a safe day today. Anyone know when this weather's going to get better ???

Lai
Laikipia
Laikipia

Back to top Go down

Post  whitestarling Thu Jan 05, 2012 11:08 am

According to our forcast the winds are supposed to start easing this afternoon, but at the moment it's still hammering away there's all sorts of stuff blowing around, affraid Just heard something else go over, better go and have a look
WS
whitestarling
whitestarling
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Minty Thu Jan 05, 2012 12:11 pm

Morning all

Glad to hear everyone is safe and well, what is the go with the weather over there confused Have you had any snow yet? I love your pics of the snow whilst i swelter over here.

It was hot last weekend, New Years Eve was terribly hot and of course the city was crammed with people. I did get to see the fireworks Very Happy I was lucky to be in a spot with a birds eye view and all were well behaved until about half 2(am), public transport was free and the trains ran all night so people could get home but of course too much alcohol was the problem in all cases. was supposed to knock off at 4am but I finally got home at 6am, had a cuppa and went to bed.

Life has been so busy, teenage daughter and shift work!! my feet haven't touched the ground that last 12 months. I love doing what i do but it is hard work and the paperwork is just crazy, there is a form for everything. i don't like anyone realises how accountable we are, everything has to be recorded and noted and the only way to keep on top of it all is to do it in your own time.

I have gained a dog. Not sure if i told you that Imogen's boyfriend had bought her a dog, an american staffy named Bentley. I was furious about about it as i knew i was going to get lumbered with it one day and i'm not a dog person - i was frightened of them, i love dogs but if i got one i would have chosen something like a border collie or a retriever - you know something friendly and cat friendly and i don't really have the time for a dog. Anyway Imo and her boyfriend went their separate ways and the boyfriend moved on and the dog went to stay with some of the boyfriends friends for a couple of months as i really didn't want him here and they were going to have him. But when i found out it was living on a chain in a back garden and needed the vet cause of scratches on his front legs that was it and i said i'll have him at my house as i will not have him being not looked after properly. He doesn't get on with cats (not vicious but he chases them and would play too rough)and he is 35 kilos of pure muscle. I was really afraid of him to start off with and i wouldn't go in the back garden without imogen being there, he was my worst nightmare of a dog to be honest. I had a fence put up down the middle of my back garden as he kept jumping in the pond. So now he has an area he can run round in without a chain as i won't have him on a chain, he has toys and a paddling pool, the cats still have the enclosure and Precious has the front garden. This all happened in August last year. Anyway this story has a happy ending as i have fallen in love with this dog and he has cured my fear of them. He is a sweetheart, loyal and loving, he never sits next to me, he leans on me or even sits on me as he just loves to smoochie. Imogen walks him twice a day, he's not really dog friendly as staffies sometimes aren't but he is a great guard dog and barks so i dont worry when i'm working late as he's here and he loves people who visit. Staffies have a bad reputation i know, there has been a crack down over here on the bully type dogs. But we are responsible dog owners so we shouldn't have any problems and his training is on going. He is obedient, gentle, doesn't snatch food and you can take things off him when you need to. I think Precious cat is actually more grumpy and vicious than the dog Very Happy

I bought a new cooker in september, i had it sent out from England, i bought a rangemaster 110 classic in cream and brass. i didn't get it installed till mid december as i had to modify the space to make it fit and i didn't have the time. I just love the aga style cookers.

That's it from me, a busy year, i move on again from my current station at the beginning of march, not sure where i'm going as i haven't been told yet but i'm looking forward to the new challenge.

I hope you all had a lovely christmas and i will keep in touch this year, it was my new years resolution as i missed you all. I love you

TTMx
Minty
Minty

Back to top Go down

Post  whitestarling Thu Jan 05, 2012 12:40 pm

WOW That was some year Minty, bet your glad it's over. Mrs S and I have just read your story about Bentley, and we think it's great that you overcame your fear of Dogs to give him a good home, and that was clearly prompted by your determination, that he would'nt be treated cruely. Hope your new station works out well for you, will you have to move. I've forgotten where in Australia you live, is it Sydney. The reason I ask is that we have some friends who are due to move there in the next few weeks or so with his job, and I can tell them they have missed the hot weather Welcome to everyday Lets Talk - Page 30 40683 .
We have'nt had any snow where we are in North Wales yet, but Scotlands had some, that's a bit of a reprieve after the last two years, but we are getting constant gales which is not nice.
It's great you are back, and good to catch up on the news
WS
whitestarling
whitestarling
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Minty Thu Jan 05, 2012 1:18 pm

Thanks W and Mrs S. I really didn't want the dog but my love of animals won over ... and.. it's wasn't his fault my stupid daughter and her boyfriend were at fault, Bentley deserved better. Bentley is dominant and having me - head of the house - terrified of him wasn't going to work. i admit and please don't laugh i watched quite a bit of Cesar Milan, if you watch that show you realise that it's mostly people that are the problems not the dogs. i also got advice from people who have big dogs. Also some mates from the dog squad gave me some tips. I now have no fear of him and am better if i go to a job with a dog on the property so maybe this was meant to be.

If him being here was going to work i had to behave calm assertive and be the leader of the pack. Bentley showed nothing but affection and loyalty so really he helped me a long the way. He is much more obedient these days, he's learnt some new tricks with the help of doggy treats, i find it hard at times to stick to my guns when he's being naughty and looking at me with those eyes but.... he's a big strong dog who needs love and discipline. Below is the best picture i could find on this pc. I'll pop in imogens later and get some better ones.
Welcome to everyday Lets Talk - Page 30 21684612

Sometimes life doesn't go as planned and we have to adjust.

Am in Melbourne WS, not sure what the weather is like up in NSW at the moment. It's usually hotter than down here though.

We've had a load of rain this past 12 months which has been fab for the garden, and loads of thunder storms too, it was so dry here for a couple of year and we had trouble with the bush fires. Last year we had floods

TTMx

Minty
Minty

Back to top Go down

Post  Minty Thu Jan 05, 2012 1:54 pm

ok ladies so what's with this

You the man ????

and who have you all been lying too Welcome to everyday Lets Talk - Page 30 40683

TTMx

Minty
Minty

Back to top Go down

Post  Doogs Thu Jan 05, 2012 1:58 pm

Cool LP, you also had a Mamma Mia night Welcome to everyday Lets Talk - Page 30 71418

Oh my goodness TTM, you've certainly had a time of it !!! Bentley is absolutely gorgeous (I love Staffies & more photos please Wink ), I'm so glad the two of you have bonded so well and he has helped you overcome your fear of that breed, good for you Welcome to everyday Lets Talk - Page 30 853843 Definitely not laughing at you watching Caesar, I'm not mad about the guy (just something about him) but he's very good at what he does, also great your colleagues in the Dog Squad gave you some advice - it's obviously been beneficial.

There has been very little snow in the UK this winter, we did have a wee drop in Scotland but nothing much (none in Aberdeen which is pretty amazing !). Wondering if this is the quiet before the storm and the end of Jan/Feb will produce some of the white stuff affraid

Although busy it shines through how much you are enjoying your job which is fantastic, I bet you've never looked back since you joined up. What do hope to do come March when you are reposted ?

We're heading over to Australia at the end of this year to spend Christmas & New Year with Ian's brother who stays in a place called Cardiff (near Newcastle, how ironic is that !!). Dreading the flight but I'm sure once we get there we'll have a great time.

We've had wind, rain & sun for weather today !!!!

Stay safe everyone.

Doogs Group Hug
Doogs
Doogs

Back to top Go down

Post  Laikipia Thu Jan 05, 2012 4:01 pm

Is it the calm before the storm now? Just ventured into the woods with the dogs and it was much calmer than earlier, branches everywhere but no major damage that I could see.

TTM so much news and so much to catch up with. I love the story of Bentley, it was obviously meant to be and has helped you which is great and has given him a proper loving home. Definitely more photos please. I hope they'll tell you about your re-posting soon, presumably still in the Melbourne area so you don't have to move? Perhaps you'll be in Ramsey Street Laughing Laughing sorry I couldn't resist that, I still can't believe I actually visited the place, but I still love Neighbours.

It seems your weather over there has been quite extreme, hoping the bush fires don't all start up again this year.

Have a good evening everyone and warm and safe.

Lai Pai
Laikipia
Laikipia

Back to top Go down

Post  littlewid Thu Jan 05, 2012 6:14 pm

WOW, so much has happened since your last visit TTM. Bentley does sound adorable and I reckon it's having a good home that helps him be so gorgeous. I agree it would be lovely to see more photo's of him, you'll have to start his own little thread in the pet section.....then he'll be a real member of WAA Very Happy

Work sounds tough but also enjoyable and I am pleased it is going well for you. With moving stations is that still all part of your end of training? I remember you saying that you would move to different stations once you passed out to learn different aspects of the job. Hopefully it will not be too far from your home or is the idea to work away from your area for safety reasons?

As for the You the man I think WS started that himself......you know what he's like TTM Welcome to everyday Lets Talk - Page 30 40683

It's brilliant to have you back with us again and I know there will be times you wont be able to get on but it's just lovely to have you with us again Group Hug

Glad you enjoyed Mamma Mia last night Lai Pai...... I was singing along too......my poor neighbours lol! it really is a feel good film.

Stop all this talk of the lull before the storm Welcome to everyday Lets Talk - Page 30 615959 the winds have been bad enough, we don't want the snow now No No No
It has been very blowey here but this afternoon it did settle down a bit, so hopefully tomorrow will be better for us all and the electics will stay on and the wheelie bins will stay put cheers

Bye the way TTM.......I love Caesar Milan Welcome to everyday Lets Talk - Page 30 853843

littlewid-x-
littlewid
littlewid
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  whitestarling Fri Jan 06, 2012 10:48 pm

Minty wrote:ok ladies so what's with this

You the man ????

and who have you all been lying too Welcome to everyday Lets Talk - Page 30 40683

TTMx

affraid What you trying to say Minty. Dont you go upsetting my Fan Club Mad

WS Welcome to everyday Lets Talk - Page 30 40683
whitestarling
whitestarling
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  littlewid Sat Jan 07, 2012 4:46 pm

Afternoon All Very Happy

Mmmm WS, did you not read my post :?: :?: :?: .......Fan Club Welcome to everyday Lets Talk - Page 30 40683 Welcome to everyday Lets Talk - Page 30 40683

Well what a much better day today guy's, we have had sunny and it has been quite warm as well.
Went into town this morning with my mum and we bumped into my sister and brother-in-law, so we ended up having coffee together which was nice. Mum brought a charm for her Nomination bracelet, I gave her some money for her birthday from her cat Twizzle for her birthday so thats what she spent it on.........Twiz catches me every year to give her a loan for a birthday present......cheeky Ginger Cat . Then mum decided to go and buy two charms for her Lovelinks bracelet.
I nosied at Mobile phones and as mine is quite an old Motorola phone I decided to get a new one, so I now have a Blackberry Curve with unlimited internet access, so I will now be able to log on the site from work in my lunch break cheers The guy in the shop showed me a bit but I need to really get my head around it as i'm a tad slow with working out phones etc Embarassed but I will get there in the end and i'm quite excited about it.

Off to my sisters this evening and taking Nero......he will no doubt have a snuggle with the cats Very Happy

Have a good evening everyone whatever you are up too.

littlewid-x-
littlewid
littlewid
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Laikipia Sat Jan 07, 2012 7:01 pm

Sounds like a good day Littlewid, with coffee and a catch up. Blackberry's are great phones, Pete has one, I changed mine for a Samsung Galaxy as I didn't like it but he does, so you'll get the hang of it soon and then you can join in the lunchtime albino albino albino

Twiz is one smart cat around Christmas time Laughing Welcome to everyday Lets Talk - Page 30 327467

Have a fun evening at your sisters (and Nero too) Group Hug

Lai
Laikipia
Laikipia

Back to top Go down

Post  littlewid Sun Jan 08, 2012 5:37 pm

Good Evening Everyone Very Happy

Lai the Blackberry is lovely, I am still getting my head round a few things but the important one of getting on the site is all sorted cheers so lunchtime albino albino albino I will be able to do....Yahooooooo
Been sorting a few things today with it but it does so much.
Went into town today and my mum also now has a Blackbery Curve as well, at the age of 74 she has decided to come into the 21st centuary as well. She has never used the internet or texting but really wants to be a part of it all, so she now has a Blackberry which she keeps calling a Blueberry Welcome to everyday Lets Talk - Page 30 40683 but she has made some calls and stored some numbers, so slowly we will get her there......I am sure the next thing she will want is a FB page Very Happy

Looking forward to Dancing on Ice this evening and also Wild at Heart, so a quick look round the site now and then time for tea and a relaxing evening.

Hope everyone has had a good weekend and has a nice evening.

littlewid-x-
littlewid
littlewid
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  whitestarling Sun Jan 08, 2012 11:30 pm

Sorry LW I forgot you were Embarassed about starting the Fan Club, and No want anyone to know.
What's a Caesar Milan? confused scratch some sort of salad or a cocktail?
affraid Oh No not more albino albino at lunch time

whitestarling
whitestarling
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Laikipia Mon Jan 09, 2012 4:55 pm

Good afternoon everyone

Well done you Littlewid for getting your mum into using a Blackberry! My mum has a mobile that's out of the ark and she can't get to grips with that - texting is a nightmare and she never has it turned on anyway Shocked

Glad you like your Blackberry - watch out for internet use, you can get quite carried away, I love all the wallpapers and ringtones, well of course I have the DSWT ele ringtone!

Missed Dancing on Ice and Wild at Heart we were catching up with Earth Flight - cheers

We're off to our drawing class tonight, terms started again for 10 weeks, I tried a quick penguin drawing last night Shocked What a Face not sure what it looked like.

Have a fun evening everyone.

Lai
Laikipia
Laikipia

Back to top Go down

Post  princesspurplehippy Mon Jan 09, 2012 5:52 pm

I've had Blackberry's for about 3yrs now and I love them

I won't go back to ordinary phones as they are so easy to use
princesspurplehippy
princesspurplehippy

Back to top Go down

Post  whitestarling Fri Jan 13, 2012 11:19 am

Sorry if I seem a bit quiet Guys, got a really bad case of Man Flue pale
whitestarling
whitestarling
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Laikipia Fri Jan 13, 2012 11:40 am

affraid oh no - poor you WS. I know how much you men suffer with 'man flu' so lots of Sleeping and absolutely No Boddys Here!

Wrap up warm WS - it's arctic here today! Hope you'll be feeling better soon.

Lai
Laikipia
Laikipia

Back to top Go down

Post  Doogs Fri Jan 13, 2012 1:53 pm

Welcome to everyday Lets Talk - Page 30 853843 Whooo whooo it's Friday Welcome to everyday Lets Talk - Page 30 853843

Not much consolation to you WS, hope you get better soon, big bosie from me up in Scotland Hugs

How did the drawing class go on Monday LP ? Are you enjoying it so far ? You'll have to post some of your 'creations' for us to see Wink

What's everyone's plans for the weekend ? Anyone up to anything nice ?

We’re going to see War Horse in the pictures tonight. We saw it in the theatre in London and it was amazing so looking forward to seeing the film. Tomorrow we've both got footie, Ian has an early kick-off in Perth & I've got a home game. We’re going out for something to east then staying in a local Hotel on Saturday night. I won the stay in a competition on our local radio station - it's going to be a bit strange staying in a hotel in Aberdeen but I'm sure we'll have good fun & hopefully get a nice breakfast in the morning ! Wink

Have fun everyone, whatever you're up to
Doogs drunken
Doogs
Doogs

Back to top Go down

Post  Laikipia Fri Jan 13, 2012 2:43 pm

The class is interesting Doogs but Rolling Eyes What a Face I have a lot to learn and consider, I really want to sketch animals (well no surprise there) but at the moment the teacher has Pete and I doing teapots and cups!

Anyway if I ever do something recognisable I will post it, and I mean an animals not a teapot Laughing

Well done you for winning the competition, how brilliant is that, and what a treat to just have a night away with breakfast cooked for you!

Enjoy Warhorse, Pete wants to see it and I can't, I will cry the whole way through, so let me know what it's like and maybe we can go if I take a huge box of tissues with me.

Not sure what we're planning yet but hoping for some sunshine.

Have a great weekend everyone.

Lai
Laikipia
Laikipia

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 30 of 40 Previous  1 ... 16 ... 29, 30, 31 ... 35 ... 40  Next