Wild About Animals
New members come, and say Hello
Plant a seed and watch it grow
Old Members why not share your news
We have loads more for you to choose
Guests your welcome to have a look
but why not sign up and then get hooked!
To All its a pleasure to have you with us

Note: New Members are expected to post within one Month of joining, and post on a fairly regular basis.

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

Wild About Animals
New members come, and say Hello
Plant a seed and watch it grow
Old Members why not share your news
We have loads more for you to choose
Guests your welcome to have a look
but why not sign up and then get hooked!
To All its a pleasure to have you with us

Note: New Members are expected to post within one Month of joining, and post on a fairly regular basis.
Wild About Animals
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Welcome to everyday Lets Talk

+5
whitestarling
princesspurplehippy
littlewid
Doogs
Laikipia
9 posters

Page 5 of 40 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6 ... 22 ... 40  Next

Go down

Welcome to everyday Lets Talk - Page 5 Empty Re: Welcome to everyday Lets Talk

Post  princesspurplehippy Wed Jun 06, 2012 7:00 pm

Well it looks like its been a busy long weekend for everyone

Things have been busy for me, my partner and I spent Saturday visiting a couple of NT properties we hadnt visited before, then on Sunday we went to Waddesdon Manor with his mum and sister. Its a really impressing place to visit but the weather didnt help so we are going to go again when the weather is better and we can explore the gardens more.

Monday was a chilled out day and yesterday we finally finished the decorating, just need to get the furniture back in place and sorted now
princesspurplehippy
princesspurplehippy

Back to top Go down

Post  whitestarling Wed Jun 06, 2012 10:24 pm

Laikipia wrote:Hello everyone

I'm not sure if any of you use LinkedIn - if you do see link below re changing your password.

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/technology-18338956

Lai
Thanks for the info Lai. I do'nt use Linkedin, but if anyone does it's important they change their password, and if they use the same password on other sites, change it there as well.
Its just been on the BBC TV news, as I'm typing this
WS
whitestarling
whitestarling
Admin

https://wildaboutanimals.forumotion.net

Back to top Go down

Post  Doogs Wed Jun 06, 2012 11:09 pm

Glad you like my Kenyan countdown - there's now more 'starred' off boxes than free ones Laughing I have my list of things to take away with me so will probably start ticking things off this weekend/beginning of next week Welcome to everyday Lets Talk - Page 5 71418

I Agree WS re the back drop scenes beamed onto the Palace when Madness were singing, it was brilliant, really well done. Glad your party went well and the sunny shone for you all. Michael Fish step aside with that weather prediction Wink

Thanks for the info on the Linkedin - I was registered but never used it, I deleted my account so I hope that's as good as changing my password.

Well done for finishing the decorating PPH, bet the place looks like new now Very Happy

Caught up with friends after work tonight, went for something to eat so enjoyed some lovely chicken fajitas Razz It's done nothing but Rain today, I'm sure the plants and flower were happy !

Doogs drunken
Doogs
Doogs

Back to top Go down

Post  littlewid Thu Jun 07, 2012 10:38 pm

Good evening All Very Happy

Sounds like you had a good weekend PPH going out and about and getting the decorating finished, now you can relax and enjoy all your hard work bounce

Ahhhh so I wasn't the only one working on Tuesday Doogs Very Happy glad you earnt some extra pennies and will also get the day back Welcome to everyday Lets Talk - Page 5 768480

I agree about Madness on the Jubilee concert, they were good and I too loved all the scenes shot onto the palace, it was so well done, one of the best bits of the concert.

Glad your party went well WS and you got the weather forecast right Welcome to everyday Lets Talk - Page 5 768480

Well I have secured my garden for the night as like some of the rest of the country we are supposed to get gale force winds tonight, it is rather windy at th moment.
I have moved my house bird feeder that came down in the last wind, I have put it up the side of the summer house so it stays safe and I have moved one of my Acers into the summer house as its only in a light pot at the moment and it did blow over earlier. I have also moved some other little things into the summer house and now I am considering moving my new little Bonsai in as well as I would hate for it to get wrecked.
I hope everyone is ok overnight and no damage is done but they do expect some severe weather.

Getting my haircut tomorrow after work, its been ages since its been cut and it's gone rather wild afro at least I will have a tidy head for visiting my Aunty in St Albans on saturday, i'm taking my mum, sister and nero up there for the day.......lets hope the M25 isnt going to be too mean to us on Saturday.

littlewid-x-
littlewid
littlewid
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Laikipia Fri Jun 08, 2012 7:55 am

Good morning everyone

I hope you survived the gales last night, we had a power cut first thing this morning, my mum had one last night and it's Raining Raining Raining Good idea to move everything Littlewid especially new plants and little things, they get blown all over the place.

Fingers crossed the weather gets better and the M25 isn't a car park on Saturday.

Have a good day everyone.

Lai
Laikipia
Laikipia

Back to top Go down

Post  Doogs Fri Jun 08, 2012 1:24 pm

Gales affraid hope they weren't bad for you all. We must be lucky with none and actually it's quite a nice sunny day today.

Hope that journey tomorrow is not too busy for you LW and you have a nice day with your mum, sister and Nero in St Albans Cool

Heading out to meet Ian straight after work. Going for something to eat then to the pictures to see 'The Angels Share' - a Scottish equivalent to the Full Monty apparently. Looks like I'm going to have to come into work again tomorrow Crying or Very sad then on Sunday we're on a bus down to the racing at Perth Very Happy

Have a good weekend everyone
Doogs Race Horse
Doogs
Doogs

Back to top Go down

Post  Laikipia Fri Jun 08, 2012 4:52 pm

Sounds like a busy weekend Doogs. Enjoy the film and the racing, hope the sunny shines. Think of the extra £££s in time for your hols cheers

Lai
Laikipia
Laikipia

Back to top Go down

Post  whitestarling Fri Jun 08, 2012 10:21 pm

Hope you all survived the winds. It did'nt start hitting us till late afternoon today, but the rain affraid its not just raining cats, and dogs. Its raining Irish Wolfhounds, and Lions. The plants are taking a real battering, from both the rain, and the wind. Which is a real shame as they were starting to fill out the baskets, and containers really well with the sunshine from last week. I hope they will recover, as Mrs S has put such a lot of hard work in to them, and we love our flowers. Fortunately the wind direction is not hitting our feeding station, so no need to move it.
I've always though its a good idea to work bank holidays if you can, then take the days off when you want, you can then visit anywhere without all the traffic, or lots of people.
The council toilet attendants rouns here always do that, then they get a day off in loo, or at their own conveniance Welcome to everyday Lets Talk - Page 5 40683
Hope you get some winners Doogs, and the M25 is kind to you tomorrow LW. Have the best weekend you can Guys.
WS
whitestarling
whitestarling
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  littlewid Sat Jun 09, 2012 7:38 am

Good Morning Everyone Very Happy

Hope you enjoyed The Angels Share Doogs and had a good evening and have a great day at the races on Sunday.......I know your probably in work today so I hope it's not too bad today.

Loving the joke about the toilet attendants WS You the man Welcome to everyday Lets Talk - Page 5 40683 I hope Mrs S's plants are ok, my sweet peas got a bit of a bashing and like you I hope they pick themselves up. The weather was rather viscious yesterday wasnt it, I had packed things away in the garden so they were safe but the wind was relentless, it's still a bit windy this morning but nothing like yesterday. My internet was knocked off yesterday, well it seemed to be on as if it wanted to connect but then it was just taking so long just hanging there it then kept going off and weirdly our work pcs were all rather odd yesterday too.

Off upp the M25 shortley hopefully that will be better than yesterday as well, it sounded rather mad on the news so fingers crossed it will be better today.

Hope everyone else is having a much calmer day today, we have a little sunny so hopefully you do too.

Have a good day guy's.
littlewid-x-
littlewid
littlewid
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Laikipia Sat Jun 09, 2012 8:20 am

Morning everyone

It's still Raining and everything is taking a battering, as you said WS the flowers are all flat but our bird feeders are still standing.

Sadly one of our newly fledged Great spotted woodpeckers didn't make it, I just found it at the bottom of the apple tree whilst I was topping up the sunflowers hearts. It wasn't there yesterday but just now. I've buried it under our acer which is where I bury all little birds (soft in the head I know) RIP little woodpecker Sad

I did my hour yesterday for the bird count and had watched the Woodpecker family coming to the feeders so feel very sad that we've lost one Sad

Have a good weekend everyone and stay safe and dry.

Lai
Laikipia
Laikipia

Back to top Go down

Post  princesspurplehippy Sat Jun 09, 2012 6:27 pm

terrible news about the woodpecker chick, and you're not soft in the head or if you are then that makes two of us.

We seem to have missed the worse of the weather. Its been very windy and a lot of rain but not as bad as it was predicted
princesspurplehippy
princesspurplehippy

Back to top Go down

Post  Laikipia Sat Jun 09, 2012 7:02 pm

That's good to know PPH, I think we're drying up a bit now, the river is full to bursting but it's not raining right now so perhaps tomorrow will be a dry day, fingers crossed.

Happily we've lots of newly fledged birds in the apple trees today, lots of little blue tits and great tits, I watched a little great tit being fed suet shreds by one of it's parents, lovely to watch. I just hope they stay dry and warm now. A squirrel decided to try it's luck hanging from a branch to get at the nuts, it tipped out the whole lot on the ground which I then had to pick up so the baby birds don't choke on them. For now I've had to move the feeder as the Squirrel comes back and has another go everytime I turn around!

WS I hope you are okay over those Welsh hills and haven't had bad floods - those poor people in Aberystwyth with all those floods What a Face

Have a great evening everyone.

Lai
Laikipia
Laikipia

Back to top Go down

Post  whitestarling Sat Jun 09, 2012 11:35 pm

Thats not being soft Lai, thats being caring, and compasionate, and I think everyone on the Forum, and any animal lover would be standing alongside you. I know I would for sure.
We are fine here, fortunately we did'nt get the rain in the same volume as they did in West Wales, and we're a few hundred feet above sea level. So if we got flooded here, Chehire would be like an Ocean. We to have lots of fledglings of different birds, and although Mrs S thought we were going to have to do a rescue mission this afternoon, on a little Greenfinch, which looked as though it was struggling as it sat in a tray on the feeder, it looked as though it had fallen asleep, or was exhausted. It would have been an easy target for a predator, but just as she got to the tray, it suddenly shook its self, and shot off into a nearby tree. Fingers X it will be OK. We are putting out as much food as all the birds can eat, and they are really starting to go through it. We have a Squirrel that tries to get at our nuts, but with the feeder we've got it cant manage to get to it.
Hope everyone is is OK, and gets some better weather tomorrow.

WS
whitestarling
whitestarling
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Laikipia Sun Jun 10, 2012 7:59 am

Good to know you're okay there WS, I'm not sure an ocean in Cheshire would be a good thing What a Face

Great news about your little Greenfinch, hopefully it was just catching it's breath and is okay. We're doing the same with the feeders, suddenly it's madly busy out there, endless visits from all sorts, just a shame it wasn't a couple of days ago when I did my count. Yesterday we had the Greenfinches, Pip and Persephone, lots of Goldfinch and endless little Blue tit and Great tit.

Off to check the feeders now and try again with my nuts - it's the first time the squirrel has come in and tried the bird feeders, normally they stay well away with Penny and Tamu on patrol Shocked

Have a good day everyone - at this moment it's not Raining which is a relief.

Lai
Laikipia
Laikipia

Back to top Go down

Post  littlewid Sun Jun 10, 2012 6:15 pm

Good Evening Everyone Very Happy

Lai thats not soft at all, it just demonstrates a genuine, caring, animal lover and many of us would have done the same as you, so big Group Hug to you. So sad it happened but at least he is now resting peacefully thanks to you Like a Star @ heaven

Glad your little Greenfinch is ok WS, I bet Mrs S was so relieved when she got there na dhe had the energy to fly away, that was a good sign that hopefully all will be well with him.

The weather is taking a big battering on our wildlife isn't it and the poor little birds and fledglings must be having it tough, it is a constant worry isn't it and I suppose all we can do is keep as much of an eye on them as possible and keep the food coming for them.

My day in St Albans was lovely yesterday, not a bad trip up there, had lunch with my Aunty and then took her to a garden centre as she is mad on them as well, we all did a little bit of spending. Nero had his first visit to a garden centre and met up with a few other dogs as well, he was a complete Like a Star @ heaven , I thought he may go a bit mad in there but he was perfect I love you Then we went to the woods and gave Nero a good run.......we did a lot of walking he did all the running Welcome to everyday Lets Talk - Page 5 40683 , then it was back to my Aunties for a cuppa and then another trip on the M25, it was a really nice day.

Today I have been shopping, also off to B&Q as my mum was after something but they didn't have it, so we then went off for coffee.

Back to work tomorrow, the weekend has gone so quick.

Have a good evening everyone

littlewid-x-
littlewid
littlewid
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Laikipia Mon Jun 11, 2012 2:46 pm

Afternoon everyone

Glad you made it round the M25 okay Littlewid, there's been some scary reports about the weather and the motorways. Also pleased to know Nero enjoyed his day out Like a Star @ heaven

Doogs spill the beans on your safari please. Off this weekend and .............? staying where/when and for how long? Details please I am soooooooooooooooo excited for you all.

Have a great rest of the day everyone.

Lai Pai
Laikipia
Laikipia

Back to top Go down

Post  Laikipia Mon Jun 11, 2012 4:24 pm

More sad news - another baby woodpecker is dead, it must have flown into our window and broken it's neck, still warm but very dead. A real beauty and another sad loss. RIP little woodpecker.

Lai
Laikipia
Laikipia

Back to top Go down

Post  littlewid Mon Jun 11, 2012 7:56 pm

Oh no Lai, that is so sad and what a waste of a lovely life.....RIP little Woodpecker I love you

This weather is so tough on the birds isn't it and I wonder if it had something to do with the little bird getting muddled and flying into the window. lets hope you have no more little bird incidents Lai, only good ones.

Our rain persisted all night long and we had floods this morning and it looked doubtful as to whether I would get out of the village to work but I did, but coming home this evening the village is well flooded and the police have been directing the traffic through a diversion, the road I normally come up to get home was flooded and closed, so a long round trip to get home and thats when I doscovered the village closed off, also the road at the back of me has a house on huge land and it has a lake, well that has flooded the horse field next door and the resident ducks from the lake are now swimming in that and the lake was starting to pour over the road. It has only just stopped raining now so heaven knows the state of the village at the moment. I know last night, a couple of miles up the road in Littlehampton, people were evacuated due to flooding.

It has made me think of Arundel Wildfowl and Wetlands Trust that is just past Littlehampton and where I go. My worry has been of possible flooding there and all the birds that nest on the ground, I pray they are all safe and well and that there has been no fatalities there and that the wetlands is all ok.

My little birds have been feeding like mad again and a good top up is needed this evening ready for tomorrow, I will go and do that shortley. At the moment Mr Pigeon is back on the feder having a feast so I will leave him in peace to feed as there are no little birds at the moment.

littlewid-x-
littlewid
littlewid
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Doogs Mon Jun 11, 2012 10:19 pm

Welcome to everyday Lets Talk - Page 5 615959 WS where do you get all those jokes from !!!! Laughing Glad to hear the rain wasn't as heavy with you as it was in West Wales although those pictures of the people's houses being flooded were awful, must be such a horrible thing for that to happen to your home. Good to hear you and Mrs S are feeding the birds well, they will appreciate you doing that. Were Mrs S's plants ok ?

Awww your poor woodpeckers Lai Crying or Very sad Such a shame for you that two of them have died. You're definitley not soft for burying them, I think it's very nice that you do that, giving them a wee final resting place I love you

Glad you had a nice day up in St Albans LW and the drive wasn't as bad as you thought it would be. Well done to Nero for being a little Like a Star @ heaven at the Garden Centre. These floods are terrible and it sounds bad where you are LW, obviously causing a lot of chaos. I saw on your other thread your house is safe and dry which is good news. I also hope all those ground nesting birds Arundel Wildfowl and Wetlands Trust are ok, let us know if you find out.

Film we saw on Friday night was really good, very funny at times. Not sure if you'll get it down in England, it's VERY Scottish so there's lots of swearing (well it was filmed in Glasgow) and you'd probably need sub-titles to know what they were saying !! Had a good day at the races on Sunday with 3 winners and came back with more money than I set out with - always a sign of a good day Wink
Doogs Race Horse
Doogs
Doogs

Back to top Go down

Post  Laikipia Tue Jun 12, 2012 8:49 am

affraid Littlewid, it sounds like you are having a really bad time with the rain and floods. I wonder when it will stop. Hoping everyone in your village is okay and the roads will open again soon.

A good point about Arundel wetlands and wildfowl, after seeing Springwatch last night I really hope they haven't had too many loses.

Sounds like you enjoyed the film Doogs, your comment did make me laugh about needing subtitles for us southerners Laughing Well done at the races, that's brilliant news.

Have a good day everyone and fingers crossed for the sunny to come out all over the UK

Lai
Laikipia
Laikipia

Back to top Go down

Post  whitestarling Tue Jun 12, 2012 11:28 am

You are having it bad LW, hope its not as bad today for your area. Its the wading birds that suffer in the wetlands at this time of year, if the areas flooded, it can affect their nests, and young. See you Jimmy Doogs, I bet the film was Fantabbydozy, a dinna need translations Welcome to everyday Lets Talk - Page 5 40683 .
Nice and sunny here today, not rubbing it in, I hope everyone gets a share of it.
Have a good day, and I hope your OK there in your village LW
WS
whitestarling
whitestarling
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Doogs Tue Jun 12, 2012 5:44 pm

Well I hope the Rain has subsided today for you LW. Dare I say it but it's been rather sunny up here today !!

Now if you think that's Scottish WS you've got another thing coming !!!

Oh forgot to say in my post yesterday . . . . my mum was out at the SSPCA at the weekend with some blankets and cat food (they had a special appeal for it) and Charlie has got a new home Welcome to everyday Lets Talk - Page 5 71418 They were supposed to let us know when he was rehomed but forgot Welcome to everyday Lets Talk - Page 5 615959 An older lady living on her own took him at the beginning of this month so good news, I'm sure he'll be well looked after and loved by her I love you

Still at work Crying or Very sad Waiting for my boss to dictate something for me to type, another late night . . . . . and Dawa Doogs money Laughing

Doogs Welcome to everyday Lets Talk - Page 5 Kilt11

Doogs
Doogs

Back to top Go down

Post  Laikipia Wed Jun 13, 2012 10:21 am

Fantastic news about Charlie, you must be so pleased Doogs. I am sure he will be happy in his new home.

More Dawa Doogs $$$ is worth the extra time I am sure Doogs - and now you've only 3 days to go .......... Welcome to everyday Lets Talk - Page 5 853843 drunken

I think I'll make a few over the weekend to help celebrate you being on safari drunken

Lai Welcome to everyday Lets Talk - Page 5 Masai10
Laikipia
Laikipia

Back to top Go down

Post  whitestarling Wed Jun 13, 2012 10:52 am

Guid mornin Doogs guid tae see ye!, whit like? see ye efter.
Hows that Doogs. Not long to go now, I can feel the excitement from here.
Lai can you make Dawa with Boddies, if so I might join tou in a few.
Hope LW's OK the reports on west sussex floods, and road chaos were not good, and she did'nt come on yeterday.
Couldy here today with a few spots of rain at the moment, its supposed to brighten up later so fingers x the forcasters have got it right
WS
whitestarling
whitestarling
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Laikipia Wed Jun 13, 2012 11:49 am

ROFL WS - I am thinking that would be a No with the Boddies What a Face

We've got a mostly dry day here at the moment, hope it stays that way for you WS, and fingers crossed Littlewid is okay down in Sussex.

Lai

Laikipia
Laikipia

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 5 of 40 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6 ... 22 ... 40  Next